PDA

View Full Version : Peter Pan

scruffziller
06-25-2003, 10:27 AM
This looks like a real cool one from the UK. It has that whole Harry Potter vibe going on. Just as well since we won't be getting a Potter movie this Christmas so this will fill its shoes.

Pendo
06-25-2003, 10:32 AM
I quite enjoy the Peter Pan story, I think I'm gonna enjoy this movie :). I'm quite looking forward to it, and the previews I've seen are quite cool too. I think they're gonna stay faithful to the story, instead of that stupid "Peter pan got old" thing they did in Hook. Although enjoyable, what was the point of that movie? :)

Anyways, the little guy from Frailty is playing Peter, so he's had some experience and think he can pull it off.

PENDO!

Mandalorian Candidat
06-25-2003, 11:22 AM
Who's playing Hook? He looks kind of like Timothy Dalton but I don't think it's him.

El Chuxter
06-25-2003, 12:20 PM
This story's been retreaded too many times in films. I think they should've gotten Dustin Hoffman and Julia Roberts to reprise their roles and do it as a "prequel" to Hook. That would've actually have been cool. (Not to mention John Williams could follow up his best film score ever!)

Pendo
06-25-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Who's playing Hook? He looks kind of like Timothy Dalton but I don't think it's him.

Jason Isaacs (from Harry Potter) plays Hook (and Mr. Darling to keep with the on stage tradition). I could see Timothy Dalton doing a good Hook though :).

Originally posted by El Chuxter
I think they should've gotten Dustin Hoffman and Julia Roberts to reprise their roles and do it as a "prequel" to Hook. That would've actually have been cool. (Not to mention John Williams could follow up his best film score ever!)

I 100% agree with you, but I think this movie is being made by different production companies so it wouldn't have been an OFFICIAL prequel, but it could have (and still can) be thought of that way :).

PENDO!

RooJay
06-30-2003, 04:59 PM
I actually CAN NOT wait to see this movie! In fact, I insist on seeing right this very instant, OR ELSE!
I was never too impressed with Hook, and I didn't care much for Julia Roberts as Tinkerbell at all (much less for the actress herself). While Dustin Hoffman did actually managed to do a stellar job as Hook, I have a feeling he won't be able to hold a candle to Jason Isaacs as the sinister captain; that guy scares the Hell outta me!

scruffziller
07-01-2003, 08:59 AM
I have a feeling he won't be able to hold a candle to Jason Isaacs as the sinister captain; that guy scares the Hell outta me!

Yea, I know what you mean. I have never read the Harry Potter books so I had no idea when I was watching Sorcerer's Stone. I swore his charachter was the bad guy. He just comes across so dang evil!!!!!!:crazed: