PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Jedi 3 Packs?

mm74md
06-26-2003, 10:25 AM
The pegs are full of the Clones & Droids 3 Packs, but I haven't seen the Jedi 3 packs. I thought these were supposed to all be released at the same time? I'm afraid the Jedi will suffer from the same lack of articulation as the clone & droid counterparts.

Dr Zoltar
06-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by mm74md
The pegs are full of the Clones & Droids 3 Packs, but I haven't seen the Jedi 3 packs. I thought these were supposed to all be released at the same time? I'm afraid the Jedi will suffer from the same lack of articulation as the clone & droid counterparts.

The front page on this site says that the Jedi 3 packs are only 1 per case. I have no idea what Hasbro's reasoning is for this. They are all army builder sets, so why stiff the public on the Jedi 3 pack?

And I wish we had your problem where I live. I have yet to see any of the deluxe or 3 packs show up in 2003. Only the TRU 4 pack.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-26-2003, 12:09 PM
The Jedi look to have some articulation in the arms, the Twi'lek and human, anyway. As my Wal-Mart doesn't carry $10 packs, and Target is still full of the damn accessory packs, I bet I won't see these. :cry:

mm74md
06-26-2003, 02:00 PM
Actually I just found this on the EE web site. There are two waves to this collection. Question answered!

Wave 1 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84845AA) The one in all the MD/DC TRU stores

Wave 2 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84845B) The one I'm looking for

I just don't understand why they just can't release them at the same time :frus:

JEDIpartner
06-26-2003, 02:42 PM
Wouldn't that just make sense? Hasblah NEVER makes any sense... :crazed:

Jedi Indy
06-26-2003, 08:22 PM
Yes, I found the new 3 packs at TRU, and was lacking the Jedi 3 pack. They got 3 cases, and I checked them all as they were being put out. Obviously wave 1 as referenced above.

keithfite
06-26-2003, 11:26 PM
I havent seen any of them in stores but I have ordered multiples of all and cases, and I do know that one case wave 1 comes with 2x clones, 2x federation, and 2x rolling destroyer droids. Wave 2 is 2x clones, i think 2 x rolling destroyer droids, 1 federation and 1 jedi. I wish I could find em in stores. I plan to get as many as possible. and the jedi is what I want the most. I hope they arent to difficult to come across. But im sure they will be

jonthejedi
06-27-2003, 06:02 AM
Hasbro is going to take major heat for that jedi knight army 1 per case thing(and yes, I checked a virgin case at Toys R Us yesterday and they were not in the box, just 2@launching droideka, droid army & clone trooper army). I suspect their rationale was that because they're individual-looking characters, not factory run-offs like clones & battle droids...we wouldn't be as interested. C'mon, these would be great for custom builders. Just the fact it's something new...people at Hasbro..think, THINK!!

Obi-Don
06-29-2003, 06:02 AM
It's thier way of doing things. Make what the people want and then make it impossible to get.

LTBasker
06-29-2003, 06:59 AM
Actually I think it's a good move.. Seriously, how much do you think statued Jedi are gonna sell compared to Droids and Clone Troopers? Not nearly as much. This leaves the pegs to have the Clone Troopers on them, true it might take you longer to find the Jedi. However since they're not all that miraculous (except the Rodian of course ;)) then they will be sitting in fair numbers. Since there are the variants of the Clone Trooper packs coming out, the Clones will need all the case spaces they can get. This way the shelves won't be clogged too much and we can get our variants. :)

yoda13longino
06-30-2003, 02:24 PM
I just saw these on action-hq.com. They have them.Pretty decent price too.

hango fett
06-30-2003, 05:54 PM
you all should be lucky you even have these! i have yet to see anything beyond yoda and chian.
h

Dr Zoltar
06-30-2003, 11:42 PM
I saw at my local TRU the pegs these are supposed to hang on, but they were completely empty. I asked an employee about them and she radioed the stock room. They claimed that none had come in yet and to check back in the next couple of weeks.

Talk about taunting your customers...

BoShek
07-18-2003, 08:19 PM
yoda and chian?

Ha, that wave never hit my area. Stuff has been on the pegs for a year now.

Sentinel18725
07-18-2003, 09:36 PM
I'm in complete aggreeance with LTBasker. It makes since to have the "unique" Jedi in less packs as army builders than the nondescript others. I think it is all good.

tagmac
08-04-2003, 04:45 PM
I ordered mine from an online store and got it today. Paid only $14.99 + shipping, which wasn't too bad considering what I think scalpers are gonna charge for them. These are really nice figures, although they are not articulated at the knee and elbow joints.

Now, if only I could order the colored Clone 3-packs like this, I'd be in good shape. Not gonna happen, though.

jpak001
08-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I found mine last week at TRU (along with the Blue Clonetrooper pack).

Even though they are one-posed-wonders, they are awesome looking figures. I'm very happy with this little set!

I actually found 2 on the shelf of about 12 sets, so I'm thinking they may be 2 per case now.

Hellboy
08-04-2003, 05:46 PM
I found mine as well but I think they're still 1 per case and only in 1 assortment.

Hasbro actually seems to be doing a better job with the distribution of The Clone Wars toys from what I've seen so far becuase the stuff is showing up in stores that I haven't bought toys in since last year. :cool:

Dar' Argol
08-04-2003, 07:56 PM
I had a chance to see these Jedi packs up close and the Jedi have no articulation as far as I can see. Kinda dissapointing really :(

keithfite
08-04-2003, 10:31 PM
The blue clones do come 2 to a case. I have gotten cases of clones from kebco and they come with 1 jedi and 2 clones blue. These jedi are really cool. they dont have much articulation, but they really look good. I highly recommend them to anyone who isnt sure if they want em or not

RooJay
08-06-2003, 11:40 PM
I found my Jedi 3-pack earlier today at a local TRU (there was only one left; lucky me). I agree that these guys are frikkin' awesome, and the lack of articulation (there's actually still as much as we got on the POTJ Eeth Koth) really doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as I might've thought it would. I'm quite happy with the little buggers!

fishyfett
08-07-2003, 03:02 AM
I found these at one ToysRus over the weekend. I saw 3 of the Jedi 3-packs, among the many others. I bought one and the Clone 3-pack w/ the blue trooper. Upon inspection, the Jedis don't have any leg joints. The lower bodies are molded solid in action poses. Only the neck, shoulders and possibly the waist are articulated. Looks the same with the Troopers, just harder to spot due to their jointed armor. But its still a nice find. New characters, that's about it. :cool:

RooJay
08-07-2003, 11:38 AM
That'd be correct. Both the clones and the Jedi have articulation in the neck (a pretty nifty ball-joint for the clones, actually), the arms and the waist. I might also like to point out that the Jedi lightsabers are solid sculpt and do not feature removeable blades.

Sentinel18725
08-10-2003, 11:23 PM
I am glad, I think, of the way the Clone Wars are going to be handled. It is good to hear that there are only going to be a few basic figures....I hope that this does hold true, but I suspect that Hasbro will start pumping more and more figures out!

I'm all for new Expanded Universe figures, but I would love for them to be NJO or from the old books, ie Thrawn, etc....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-11-2003, 12:05 AM
I've seen ALL the 3 packs except for this one. I saw numerous blue clonetroopers even and still, no damned jedi!! I plan to call around like all hell this week and score these bad boys by any means necessary. If i have to smack around a scalper or trip a little kid, by God, i'm going to get these!!! heheheheehehehehe just messin'....about the little kid tripping at least. ;)

TheDarthVader
08-13-2003, 10:34 PM
I found these and a clone trooper 3 pack with the green trooper at TRU today. The jedi are one per case.

El Chuxter
08-16-2003, 06:05 PM
I found 'em yesterday at Target, which seems to be the only store really getting into the Clone Wars business thus far.

Funny thing: I went Wednesday, and they had two Clonetrooper packs (both with blue), two droideka launchers, and one droid army set. Nothing else to be seen. I went back yesterday, and all those were still on the shelves. . . with three Jedi heroes hiding behind those Clonetroopers. Really brave of 'em, mehtinks. :sur: