PDA

View Full Version : Who's The Best Pilot in the OT?

Darkross
06-26-2003, 11:38 AM
OK...

Who do you think is the best pilot in the OT?

1. Han Solo
2. Lando Calrissian
3. Luke Skywalker
4. Boba Fett (although we didn't much of him)
5. Wedge Antilles
6. Chewbacca
7. Other?

My vote goes to Han Solo...the whole escape from Hoth was absolutely AWESOME! Who else could have outrun a fleet of Star Destroyers, out-maneuvre tie fighters, dodge asteroids and still get away? Two words...HAN SOLO!

Rogue II
06-26-2003, 11:48 AM
Han Solo is my pick also. Followed by Luke and Wedge. If we saw Vader and Luke fly more, they could have surpassed Han.

In ROTJ, was Lando piloting the Falcon or was Nine Numb?

Pendo
06-26-2003, 11:52 AM
I think it was Lando piloting in ROTJ.

Han is the best starpilot in the Galaxy!

PENDO!

2-1B
06-26-2003, 12:20 PM
I don't want to sound sarcastic but I'm going to give a nod to the A-Wing pilot who took out Needa's ship! :)

Nien Nunb is the best co-pilot in the Star Wars universe and I will take issue with any person (or Wookiee :D ) who tries to tell me otherwise. :crazed:

Rogue II
06-26-2003, 12:36 PM
Thanks, Pendo.

Unfortunatly for the A-Wing pilot, he would win the title posthumously. I've actually had a discussion with someone on how an A-Wing could take out a Super Star Destroyer. Of course, that someone was a Star Trek fan. Despite winning the arguement, I felt dirty afterwords.

Exhaust Port
06-26-2003, 12:47 PM
Wedge Antilles. He was in the thick of it everytime.

Darkross
06-26-2003, 01:40 PM
Except when he bailed in the first Death Star trench run. Luke is my second pick followed by Lando or Chewbacca.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-26-2003, 02:41 PM
Wedge Antilles!

icatch9
06-26-2003, 03:37 PM
Han did make it through that asteroid field, wich is a 725 Million to one shot of surviving. So that's great! Lando did out manuver the whole of the Emperial Navy, not to mention the second death star. Plus, that little manuver at the battle of Tinab. So, Han would more than likely be the best. Still, I've got to go with Luke as the best fighter piolot. Totaly different kind of flying. You know dog fighting, picking off enemy craft, bulls eyeing wamp rats, that sort of thing. So, as long as you have Han and Luke on your side, you'll be flying in good hands.

What about the dude piloting the first Death Star? I mean he did get around Yavin in record time. He beat the projected time by a ton, and that thing can't be easy to manuver :D.

Kidhuman
06-26-2003, 08:35 PM
I would have to say Solo, followed by Wedge. Han did all mentioned above which puts him up there. Wedge was always to be seen in a fight. If he survived through all the movies he had to be that darn good.

Exhaust Port
06-27-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Darkross
Except when he bailed in the first Death Star trench run.

A good pilot knows the limitations of his ship and himself. Sticking it out in a losing situation does nothing but get you killed. Wedge showed his true grasp of the situation by pulling out and living to fight another day.

What did Han do? Show up at the end, picked off one vunerable Tie Fighter that just happened to throw off the true threat into space?:rolleyes:

Arrogant Arse
06-27-2003, 10:00 AM
I would have to say the Tie pilot who, after flying INTO the reactor core of DS-2 and not blowing up, then made it almost all the way out without hitting anything is the best pilot. He must have one of the best Tie pilots in the fleet. 99% of the other pilots would have just flown into the wall, or a pipe or something and not made a run at it. :D

Otherwise Han.

Exhaust Port
06-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Try flying in the blackness of space wearing a black helmet with tinted eye lenses. I'm suprised they can fly without hitting anything at all. :)