PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know somebody who is confident that a 3rd Trilogy will be made.

scruffziller
06-26-2003, 03:02 PM
I know a few people that from what rumors they have heard they keep talking with grins on their faces that eps 7,8,9 are going to be made. Regardless of anything else that has been said by GL. I tell them, "those rumors have been going around since before the PT was made." Logic would tell you that even if GL decided to make 7,8,9 he wouldn't be deciding now or even years ago and keep it in the back of his head to hang on to.

icatch9
06-26-2003, 03:30 PM
I think it's just something that people hope for, or at least think will happen. After all, he said back when he was filming Willow, that no other Star Wars movie would be made. So, there is always hope.

Still, what else is left to do? All the bad guys are dead. The empire is useless now with the Emporor. What would he write about? I know the EU has thrived, but books have a better ability to introduce new characters and situations than a movie does. Books have more time to explain things, and develop characters and situations. Movies don't always have the luxury. Again, Vader is dead and Luke brought balance to the force. End of story. No need for more. I'd love to see it, but there is no need.

TheDarthVader
06-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
What would he write about? ... Again, Vader is dead and Luke brought balance to the force.

Yes, the ending is nice in ROTJ. He could write a screen play using Timothy Zahn's trilogy. I believe the books are Shadows of the Empire, Heir to the Empire, and the Last Command. :confused: right?

No, I do not feel that Luke brought the force back into balance, rather Anakin Skywalker. He is the one that killed the Emperor. If he had not killed the Emperor, Luke would be dead and the force would still be unbalanced.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-27-2003, 02:25 PM
If they were to be anything like these damn prequels, I HOPE TO GOD they'll never see the light of day!!

However, if someone else other than george lucas writes the story/screenplay and directs the movies, then I would love to see them, however, I'm not confident at all that they'll ever be made...that man is getting old and his story writing skills suck the big one!!! And it being that he "hates writing" (I can tell by how aweful the storylines of the prequels are) I highly doubt he'll write 3 more.

I give a vote of "No Confidence" in Supreme Chancellor and Terrible Story Writer George Lucas!!!

TheDarthVader
06-27-2003, 02:45 PM
As far as the chosen one is concerned, Anakin Skywalker is referred as the chosen one (when it talks about his battle with Dooku) in the databank entry at starwars.com...

I am not saying Lucas should write another trilogy or will write another trilogy. I just suggested that he COULD use Zahn's books...maybe director Peter Jackson who directed all three Lord of the Rings movies and made them in only 15 months!!! (yes all three) I think it is possible, but not probable. It does not really matter to me...either make three more or don't do it. I doubt a third trilogy will ever be made. ;)

Kidhuman
06-28-2003, 11:44 PM
I don't think a third trilogy will ever be made as well. If they do I would love to see Tim Zahns trilogy adapted to screen. I also would not want Lucas to do them. Peter Jackson would be good to direct them. The whole time I was treading the Heir to the Empire set, I was thinking they would be great to be made into movies as 7,8, and 9.

Rogue II
06-29-2003, 10:45 AM
There would be a problem with the Zahn Trilogy being made into films--It takes place 5 years afte ROTJ, and Harrison Ford, Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, and Billy Dee Williams all have aged 20 years. That means they would have to get new actors to play the roles, and many people wouldn't accept that.

I don't want to see another SW Trilogy. But, if one had to be made, the should go way back in time to when the Sith and Jedi fought...somewhere around 1000 years before ANH.

Pendo
06-29-2003, 10:50 AM
I don't want a new Star Wars trilogy. I think 6 movies is enough in the current Star Wars story.

I wouldn't mind a few spin off movies, such as one about the Jedi and Sith fighting, but I wouldn't want it to be counted as part of the current Star Wars Saga.

PENDO!

Brainiak76
06-29-2003, 03:11 PM
i dunno it depends whos directing and what the trios are goin be about! i wouldnt mind if they didnt make 7, 8, 9! I thought luke turns to the darkside later? i dunno...that would be interesting if they did a new trio along the lines of that (but thats just IMO)

kool-aid killer
07-29-2003, 08:32 AM
I doubt it would happen. The original actors are too old and i dont think many can picture someone else playing the role of Han Solo, Leia, and Luke.

A movie of a big jedi versus sith battle would be cool if done right. I would love to see thousands of them just go at it (similar to Helms Deep in TTT) with lightsabers swinging bodies being thrown around.

hamsterboy
07-30-2003, 09:33 PM
If(and that's a big if) they do seven,eight,and nine,they'd have to do something new. Nothing based on the books. It's really the only way it'd work with the ages of the actors.

Needles
08-05-2003, 12:53 AM
if GL does create a third trilogy........shoot him.Peter Jackson is a good choice.
Dont use han,leia,luke,chewie,or lando..............create a brand new storyline,brand new characters,and set 1000 years after the fall of the empire.It could be done,in fact ive written short stories based a thousand years after ROTJ

Jaff
08-24-2003, 01:39 AM
Lucas claimed back in the 80's that Episode 7 through 9 were rumors created by dreaming fans because he never intended to continue an "ending" of a story. I doubt we will see the last films as long as lucas is alive. Still I am completely with Deoxyribonuclaic what he said about the prequels. Although I enjoy Episode I and II very much, it does not have the definitive magic that the classic films. With that lost magic, and with the blatent attention to Special Effects over writting the films need to end with III.

As for the Zahn books I am one of the few who thought that they were just fair writtings to me. Some imagination, Admiral Thrawn was a great character, but Mara Jade was seriously contrived and C'Boath was just plain silly. I would not like to see the Zahn trilogy as a ending to the saga, and most of the older books were just plain shameful, yet many of those books are praised even Truce at Bakura!

gtrain29
08-24-2003, 06:47 PM
I remember reading an interview of mark hamill once when he was working on episode 4. He said he was told that he was working on the middle series of a set of 9 films. He also said each trilogy would have different actors.
I think it would be pretty cool to see mark play luke as an aged, experienced Jedi Master "passing on what he learned" to his sister and others.
It doesn't matter to me either way if 7-9 are ever made, but I know one thing for sure: if they were, I'd plop down $$ to see them and buy the merchandise.
I agree with you, Jaff, about the Zahn trilogy. I thought they were okay -- definitely the best of the EU. There were just so many silly inconsistancies. I gave up reading EU shortly after that because they got too stupid. I also am not afraid to say that I can't stand the mara jade character!

Jaff
08-25-2003, 01:49 AM
and I thought I was the only one who didn't really think the books were even close to the SW standard. Thank god I'm not alone! Can I put you on my buddy list gtrain29! ;)