PDA

View Full Version : Major UK toy retailer stocking Ep1 11, 12 & 13's

britcit3
11-20-2001, 02:14 PM
Evenin' all

Went into the Entertainer near Liverpool today and found Ep1 sets 11 & 12 on the shelf (1 each) for 2 each !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (just seen an auction go for 78 for one one these).

The EXTREMELY helpful & knowledgable guy told me that he should be getting some more in on Thursday, so I'll try to get back in there on Friday (although it is 80 miles from home).

As soon as my other delivery arrives and I can get back to the store, I will know exactly what I can pass on to forumers.

Jeddah - definately worth checking the Entertainer in Southampton - they get new deliveries twice a week.

Will keep y'all posted.

BC3

good shot jansen
11-20-2001, 02:46 PM
humna....humna......humna..........humna!

that's incredible! way to go bc3!

for all those doubters, nay sayers, and villainous scum, who not only diss us repetitively over here at ssg micro machines, (you know dayum well who you are xanthra types!:rolleyes: ), but also to you scalpers and blood suckers :frus: who feed off the simple desires of toy cherishers! (i'd say collectors, but i play with everyone of these things!), i give you my best bronx cheer!

pppppphhhhhhhhhffffffffffffffttttttttttt :p

led by vt:Pirate: here in the U.S. and bc3:Pirate: in the U.K. (with the rest of us irregular faithfuls :crazed: as well!) there's not a single micro machine out there that we ain't gonna find fer each other, at a reasonable price!

np: john wesley harding - i'm staying here (and i'm not buying a gun)

jeddah
11-20-2001, 02:48 PM
I think someone may be throwing a sickie at work this week.... ;)

Nice reccy BC3, I'll pick all I can

jeddah

SWAFMAN
11-20-2001, 06:01 PM
yee-haw! methinks we ought to be askin' BC3 to be helping us track down SWAF TIE Defenders, eh? BTW, Mr.3, I am still trying to complete my boxed and loose Galoob Starship Troopers Action Fleet (including battle packs) collection. I've seen these auctioned several times by eBay'ers in the UK. Should you happen across any, would you please keep me in mind? Thank you, sir.

np: the theme song that would play if VT & BC3 were ever in the same room together. (and I REFUSE to characterize which one of them matches which title character.....)
;)

LTBasker
11-20-2001, 06:43 PM
BC3 = SWMM BountyHunter
VT = STMM BountyHunter

This is really a good MM board... :D

micros!micros!micros!micros!micros!micros!micros!m icros!micros!micros! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: calming down...I'm cool now.. :happy:

britcit3
11-20-2001, 07:43 PM
Mr Swafman

There is a shop in Cumbria that I pop into about every month or so, that has battle pack brain bugs for 1 - the boxes are pretty battered though.

Do you want one the next time that I pass through?

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the other Stroop stuff (a shop near my town had all the AF's in earlier this year for 5, but they have sold out now).

With regards to the theme tune, I am not good.

Cheers

BC3

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-20-2001, 10:40 PM
Cool finds BC3, and at a great price I might add! Although my memory may be a little foggy, is this the first time these have shown up at retail, despite the fact Episode 1 came out over 2 and 1/2 years ago? Oh, by the way, if you can snag any extras let me know . . . :kiss:

Swaffy-- I have extra MMs and AF, including Starship Troopers that you might be interested in. I'll send you an e-mail with attachment. :happy: Anyone else want to see them let me know.

SWAFMAN
11-20-2001, 10:40 PM
I do already have two of the battle pack #2 brain bug - one of the cards is in surprisingly good shape, and the other card is so bad that it is effectively an opener.

The 'Stroop" battle packs, as you so economically refer to them, of which I am still in need are numbers 1, 3, and 5 in any passable card condition, and openers of numbers 1 and 3 through 6. The only boxed Stroop AF I still need is the retrieval ship, but I do need openers of all the full-sized Stroop AFs except for the Tanker Bug.

If there is ever anything you are trying to locate that I can help you to with, please let me know.

Thanks again.

SWAFMAN
11-20-2001, 10:43 PM
I will watch for your email and contact you. I need to update my own list. Once it's done, I'll send you a copy, too. Thanks.
:)

vulcantouch
11-21-2001, 12:33 AM
. . .i hadn't bothered to even Check Out that hive of irrelevancy in months :p
11 & 12 for srp, eh bc3? the bountyhunter nod for uncontested rattpod/repcruiser masterbagger status goes to you :cool: ok jdah & bc3, ya'll know the drill: snag up all you find, & i gaa-rone-tee i can find homes for All of em :) as usual, feel free to save postage by sending all us-bound sets to me, then i'll coordinate dispersal from here :)
vt
np: wondering what swaffy's tune is (it ain't downloadin :( )

Baal
11-21-2001, 01:34 AM
Brit and Jeddah, I would like to ask for as many sets XI - XIII as you can get me. Yes, yes, after everyone else gets at least one. And since my orders might be a little large on their own, you can contact me for any reimbursement you might need ahead of time. I would also like to ask if we can get to the squaring up of what I already owe you fine folks? I'm not one to leave too many things hanging.
Of course, coming thru with these great sets entitles you to
an all expense paid stay at "Club Baal".
The Devil

(Accommodations for 2, good for 7 inclusive days and nights, Does not include airfare, restrictions apply, offer void where prohibited)

LTBasker
11-21-2001, 02:16 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind at least 1-2 of each... I'm not trying to be selfish or anything, just I like to have a set carded and opened on things I collect when possible so I can admire them loose and carded, plus if I have lose the loose set, I can still get all nostalgic from looking at the carded set. :D By the way, how much is pounds in U.S.?

I can just picture the Rep Cruiser and Royal Starship side by side.... with the help of BC3's site. ;) Hmm, if BC3 can get the sets for me after supplying all of yous, I think I better get to packs 1-10, heh... I've been a little nutso over TrekMM's lately. :D

Oh yeah, while we're on E1 micros, anybody see the unreleased MM head playsets at Rebelscum? The Qui-Gon, that was awesome, it had a seperating rep. cruiser! :eek:

britcit3
11-21-2001, 02:56 AM
As I said guys,

I will post on Friday to tell you what I have been able to get hold of.

LT - can you post the email address of those unproduced head sets?

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
11-21-2001, 04:10 AM
Yea sure, just click here (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=6824) or here. (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=6824) :D Anyone is sufficient. (Same page link, just felt like bein' odd. :p)

britcit3
11-21-2001, 04:21 AM
Aye Karumba!!!

Like we didn't already have enough reasons to be pi...., erm annoyed with Hasbro.

I WANT a mm Fed Lander - NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on you corporate as....., erm buffoons - give the collectors what we want!!!!!!

BC3

good shot jansen
11-21-2001, 11:38 AM
it drove me crazy that it was never shown as an mm anywhere. i couldn't believe that even sets XIV-XVI didn't have a lander as part of the bounty. as it now turns out, those bums over in rhode island have indeed made a prototype casting, fer a what appears to be a never to be released transforming playset:frus:

they got the time and energy to retool the ol paint shop to give us several flavors of the sith inf. but will not produce a trade fed lander?:rolleyes: :mad:

if they don't want to promote mm's on their own, then at the very least they should come out with the 73rd resculpt of a battle droid, with the lander thrown in as a pack in:frus: it ain't like i'm gonna be happy with havin' to shell out dough fer a potwhatever, but at least i'll git a mm outta the deal:frus:

bring back micro machines dammit dammit dammit! :mad:

SWAFMAN
11-21-2001, 01:53 PM
geeze, that's one that seems fairly impossible to piece together as a custom by cutting up existing MMs, due to the unique design of the "wing" sections. I just took a look at my openers and took a mental inventory of my other AFs, and I can't think of any SW, "Stroop," Aliens or Predator craft that has a part usable as the trade fed lander's wings. And even the fuselage, with that scooped front is unique. :confused:

good shot jansen
11-21-2001, 02:01 PM
thank goodness amt made a mm sized snapfast of the trade lander, or we'd really be sol:frus:

same go's fer the hallmark keepsake droid control ship. those are the only known ways for now, to get around those glaring omissions in a star wars mm fleet.

where's the rest of our pod racers?:frus:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

jeddah
11-21-2001, 02:02 PM
STOPPIT WITH THE FUSELAGES ALREADY! :D

This is getting cuhwazee. Baal, As I am sending you so much RANCs and minihedz, if I can pick up any of these latter sets, I'll put them in your thing.

BRITC, I'm going to throw a sicki if I can demain, if the stock is all bought up already, perhaps we should ensure we're not sending to the same people??? That's if I can find any.:frus:

jeddah

britcit3
11-21-2001, 02:40 PM
Let me know what you can bag, Jeddah.

I SHOULD have some stuff on Friday - at least 1 * set 11 and a few set 12's (hopefully).

Cheers as ever

BC3

LTBasker
11-21-2001, 03:07 PM
Interesting... the Anakin transforming playset appears to have it's figures and vehicle(s) all painted and stuff, and it was shown at Toy Fair 2000, maybe theres a small chance of a certain thousand being made? I doubt the Qui-Gon had a chance, I think it was also shown at Toy Fair 2000, but since the only pack-in thats painted is the rep. cruiser and they could've just cut an existing one in half, I kind of doubt that it or the Obi-Wan had a chance... :(

britcit3
11-21-2001, 04:35 PM
I have just had an email from the customer services dept of the company that I found the Ep1 11 & 12's on the shelves and they have stocks in their warehouse and are selling to me direct.

Provided they have as many as I need in stock, have ordered:

8 sets 11 (rep cruiser)
8 sets 12 (Royal Cruiser & Rats Tyrells pod)
5 Set 13 (Naboo Guard)

This, along with other stuff that is due to arrive, means that everybody that wants a set, can have 1.

Jeddah - you don't need to bust a gut to get to Shpton - in fact due you want me to send you a set11/12?

Will let ya'll know when big goodie bag arrives.

Also, if demand outweighs supply, will order some more.

PS as stated previously 2 each !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC3

vulcantouch
11-21-2001, 04:48 PM
-oh? that's not what She said last night, "hydrahead" :p

"I would like to ask for as many sets XI - XIII as you can get me. Yes, yes, after everyone else gets at least one"
-WHAT a coinkydink; seein as how he just Beat Ya To That Punch, that's just what B'jr was sayin about You :p yeah, i remember it as though it were only several hours ago: "vt, seein as how i beat baal to the punch, in case he asks for any spare 11s or 12s, let's go ahead & let him have 1 of each- that is, After i've had all the remaining ones" :p
on the bright side baal, you'll be happy to hear that b'jr'll let you have All the #13s you want :D
vt
np: year-old dejavu that i Thought i saw a lander mm included with a nonproduced mm headset in some ssg toyshow coverage pix :p

SWAFMAN
11-21-2001, 04:54 PM
ultimate hint - it's mostly whistling and by someone who's last name roughly translates to "black mountain."
;)

I've also had some wav attachments that didn't work here, but they did work if I saved them to my hard drive, then opened them.?.?.?....

good shot jansen
11-21-2001, 05:18 PM
if ol snaggletooth wasn't such a cad, and at least tried to maintain the growing civility he was startin' to show bout a year ago, he too might be enjoying some o' this good karma round the 'olidays!

scalpers? we don't need that scum round here!

np: tom petty and the (oooooh it breaks my little heart)breakers - don't come around here no more

:evil:

LTBasker
11-21-2001, 11:31 PM
What does 2 pounds sterling come to in the U.S.?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-22-2001, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
I will watch for your email and contact you. I need to update my own list. Once it's done, I'll send you a copy, too. Thanks.
:)

I apologize Swafman, I couldn't find your E-mail address so I sent you a private message via SirSteves.

SWAFMAN
11-22-2001, 12:10 PM
for reference, my email is jr44772@home.com

happy turkey day!

:stupid:
(stuffed!)

JediGoofy
11-23-2001, 05:37 AM
Hi bc3,
I just saw this thread and I am really excited about your news! :happy:

When all the other friends in USA got their E1 collections 11, 12, and 13, I would be really grateful if you can add me to the list of the requests for them (if some of them remain).

To get those impossible to find collections would be incredible for me (I do not even care about cards condition, because I open all my collections, so a battered condition card would be OK for me).

I know I do not have much to offer you from Italy, but if you need or want something here please let me know and I will try to find it for you (also not SW related items).
(Of course I will pay you all your expenses for the e1 collections)

Thank you in advance for your precious help! :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

britcit3
11-23-2001, 05:54 AM
No Problem JediGoofy

Your name is on the list.

Cheers

BC3

jeddah
11-23-2001, 08:16 AM
I'll still go tho' as I need to get back in the loop. I guess my reputation as a prompt-sender is under srutiny so if you like I can send you what I pick up for any stateside packages you have to send...?

jeddah

r2dee2
11-23-2001, 12:28 PM
britcit3, PLEASE add me to the list on you collection 11, 12 and 13!!!:D

britcit3
11-23-2001, 01:30 PM
Consider it done R2.

My main package should arrive some time next week.

Cheers

BC3

JediTricks
11-24-2001, 07:41 AM
Um... is it too late for me to say that I'd like a set of 11, 12, and 13 too?

As for the Transforming Qui-Gon head's republic cruiser, it's significantly larger than an MM, it's nearly Die-Cast scale.

That's is a bummer for those who wanted an MM of the TF Lander that should have come with the transforming MTT playset anyway (just my opinion).

SWAF, some types of audio require playing with certain types of encoding, and since they don't come up with .wav as the file extension when they're attachments, some browsers may try to mistranslate them. On my browser, it goes straight to a warning screen asking me if I want to open or download.

Basker, 2 UK pounds is 2.82 US dollars (today anyway, rates minorly fluctate often).

britcit3
11-24-2001, 09:38 AM
No problem JT

I have just had a confirmation email from the company I am buying from telling me that I should have the big(gish) order on Thursday/Friday.

The list so far:

Jeddah (if can't score them down South)
Jedi Goofy
LTBasker
R2-Dee2
Jedi Tricks
Swafman

Anybody else?

Will probably have another 2 or 3 sets of sets 11 & 12 left over.

Let me know (forummers only)

Cheers

BC3

BobaFett77
11-24-2001, 10:39 AM
Would I qualify as a forummer?:happy: I'd love to be able to get one or two of each of the 11, 12, and 13 sets if possible (1 to open, 1 to keep packaged). Please let me know and thanks in advance.:D

britcit3
11-24-2001, 10:54 AM
Can probably wangle one set of each for you.

I will have to see what is left over before I start agreeing to send multiple sets to people - as I said, I want to make sute that EVERYBODY who wants a set, gets a set.

BC3

BobaFett77
11-24-2001, 11:14 AM
One set would be great! I agree with you that everyone who wants a set should get a set, and if I sounded slightly greedy I apologize. If you do have any sets left over after everybody gets what they wanted/requested I'd be happy to take a second on any:D . Thanks again.

BF77

vulcantouch
11-24-2001, 01:08 PM
in that case, if bc3 sez he ain't good, i guess that makes me good & ugly? :crazed:
hey badc3, you ain't forgettin b'jr are u? he'll take all 11s & 12s that're leftover :)

britcit3
11-24-2001, 02:17 PM
VT - most of what are left over will be heading your way (I have had other people asking for multiple sets).

BC3

jeddah
11-24-2001, 02:39 PM
My report is not as rosey..... Firstly. you were right, I shouldn't've busted a gut trying to get to soton - it was the Big Match and the place was more congested than Woody Allen.

Anyway, I picked up all they had which was one set 10 and one set 11. (hidden at the back of the PR sets. I asked the kid if there were anymore out back and got the usual unconsidered reply - perhaps he was too busy wondering how to draw his next fantasy Slipknot album)

They also had a transforming gungan sub playset which comes with Sando Aqua, Opee and sub mms. I'd never seen this before so I thought it may come in handy for someone. Also for 5.00 they had about 12 transforming Slave 1 playsets but I wasn't sure how desirable these were so left them.

LMK if you want me to go back to pick up anything.

jeddah

britcit3
11-24-2001, 03:01 PM
Eh up Jeddah

Not to worry - so you now have sets 11 & 13 (I sent you one of these a few months ago, didn't I?).

So if I send you a set 12, thats the trio complete isn't it?

It'll be on its way on Mon/Tues.

BC3

SWAFMAN
11-24-2001, 05:25 PM
'twas the only one I ever knew of.....

vulcantouch
11-24-2001, 10:36 PM
if so, b'jr'll take that 10 off yer hands- he Still don't have his own gian speeder mm :D
as for that #11 you found, he'll take that too- after everyone else has gotten at leats one that is (after all, in all fairness it should be considered part of the bc3/jdah 11-13 superbounty, right? ;) )
bc3: as i recall, jdah isn't collecting the ep1 mms. isn't that right jdah? :evil:
vt
np: heatwave, "grooveline"

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-25-2001, 12:32 AM
I have just had a confirmation email from the company I am buying from telling me that I should have the big(gish) order on Thursday/Friday.

The list so far:

Jeddah (if can't score them down South)
Jedi Goofy
LTBasker
R2-Dee2
Jedi Tricks
Swafman

Anybody else?

Britcit3

I'd hate to be a Johnny-come-lately
:crazed: but if they have any available extras, I'd like one of each. Thanks, for your superior MM hunting skills.

Thank you :happy: :cool:

jeddah
11-25-2001, 03:52 PM
No, but jeddah needs collateral for ST MMs:evil: :evil:

;)

jeddah

good shot jansen
11-25-2001, 05:26 PM
feel the dark force of the evil emoticons, release your inner mm deisres, come over to the st side of the force......heh heh heh:evil:

we'll have you into bab 5 in no time. it is futile to resist:evil:

np:screamin jay hawkins - i put a spell on you

JediTricks
11-26-2001, 02:45 AM
Wow, Great Britain is finally living up to its name. ;) Who'da thought we'd ever see the day when a SW toy hits the UK before our shores? (not counting Lego or anything before 1999 :D)

SWAFMAN
11-26-2001, 11:23 AM
Hey BC3.... I really appreciate the nod on the MM figs, but I'm pretty sure I didn't ask to be on the list. Although I do have a few MMs, they have been mostly acquired because they were priced too low to pass up - like $1 or thereabouts. I've mainly bought them as gifts for one of my sons. In any case, if, in some mental fog, I did request the new MMs, please give some other wanting soul my allotment. Thanks much. - SWAFMAN.

jeddah
11-26-2001, 11:52 AM
You have failed your Janseness, I'll not be turned:p

I would rather my buddies their got their latter EP 1 mm packs than me having to plan new transactions on Trek mms, I don't have the connivance gene to do that to any of y'all. If, however there are some spare, I would.

Can I just ask Baal if he wants mine? He is a collector afterall and he's not been mentioned yet.

Baal, do you want some of these?

jeddah

vulcantouch
11-26-2001, 02:27 PM
said "connivance", aka retaining rare toys to trade them with one's fellow collectors for other rare toys, Is an ethical practice. it's a pragmatic adaptation to a situation of scarcity that does not contribute to the hypercommodification of or parasitic profiteering from these items, a la scalpers :)
that said: how cum you offerin them to baal when b'jr (via me) axed first? b'jr don't even Have that one yet. no fair, you Always liked his big brother better :(
vt
np: sade, "is it a crime"

britcit3
11-26-2001, 02:34 PM
VT

So what you're saying is that Baal & b'jr are actually two different people?

Well stone the crows......you learn something new everyday.

BC3

vulcantouch
11-26-2001, 03:05 PM
maybe the confusion's my fault, as i'm the one who christened b'jr b'jr- cuz like baal, aka The Long Island Devil, he has an inexplicable hunger for as many mms as he can get. his collection's not as big as baal's though- hence the "junior" :)
actually, when b'jr- a friend of mine going back about 19 years (whereas i've only known baal VianeT for about 3)- found out i was referring to him here as baal jr. he was kinda annoyed, cuz he'd actually prefer the name Sabretooth (cuz, among other reasons, he performed dentistry on himself a coupla years ago using a pair of pliers- and Not altogether unsuccessfully, i might add :eek: ). but i figured people here'd get confused if i suddenly started referring to him via a different name, and besides, He's the one who didn't tell me he didn't like the name until i'd already been using it for about a year :p
vt
np: drizabone, "what's my name" (kenlou hiphop dub)

SWAFMAN
11-26-2001, 05:28 PM
Silly freakin' ME! I took you literally, VT. I thought Baal, Jr. was really Baal's son. Guess that'll teach me to jump to conclusions. But then, I also thought Jeddah was a...... oh, never mind.:rolleyes:

LTBasker
11-26-2001, 06:55 PM
Don't worry SWAFMAN, I thought they were father and son too. ;) Got to bid against big Baal in an auction in a few hours... :\

jeddah
11-27-2001, 08:34 AM
I mean that someone should ask Baal. I don't mind, I'm just worried he'd get left out. Besides, I've known Baal for 3 years since the miniheads fiasco, I don't know Baal jr at all and we've never conversed....

Please don't think I'm undoing previous agreements.

jeddah

LTBasker
11-27-2001, 09:29 AM
Sorry if I sounded mean there, Jeddah. There was an auction for an H.M.S. Bounty (don't have it. :o ) and I wasn't sure if I should e-mail Baal or not since I'm a newbie to the board... Unfortunetly though neither me or Baal got the auction. :( I'll e-mail Baal about it if it comes down to finding an auction he's bid on, just I figured since on his feedback profile he's got a few STMM Collection XI packs listed as auctions he's won it'd be fair.

jeddah
11-27-2001, 09:55 AM
Hi LTB, I didn't see your post, I was referring to the EP1 mms.

:D

jeddah

LTBasker
11-27-2001, 10:16 AM
D'oh.... I'll read more carefully next time. :D

vulcantouch
11-27-2001, 02:55 PM
. . .i bet u also din't know that there are actually Two amidalas? the purty one's a decoy (kiera knightly), while the stately one's the realcoy (portman) :p
ltb: baal's policy is that he never sells or trades. however, he often graciously stands down from an auction when someone here asks him in advance :)
worried baal'd be left out jdah? pshaw- devil's had his hands in all human affairs since the beginning of time :evil:
sure you know b'jr; he's the guy who i often co-hunt with & who's helped me git you some stuff :)
vt
np: budd/eno, "falling light"

jeddah
11-27-2001, 03:38 PM
No worries LTB, and if you ever feel the need to bawl at someone, don't hold back :)

VT, I know who he is (one of the few, heyah, I think, that do) but I meant I can't recall a time when we engaged in any e-discourse. :) Baal is my fave of the 2 because of his mystique and familiarity but agreed , many eternal thanks to jr for scorage of vehicles pour moi:kiss:. Having said that, the dayum 'buzzard' hasn't been on this forum to see me championing his cause :D :p

Baaaaaaala? BAAAAAAAALA?

;)

jeddah

vulcantouch
11-27-2001, 03:56 PM
oh sure he's seen; you know how lurky baala is, he likes to Watch :eek:
b'jr's brain don't lend itself to net discourse, which is why he's never appeared here. maybe someday i can arrange a guest appearance; until then, i'll continue to represent his interests here, a la jabba or keyser soze (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0114814) :evil:
vt
np: glass, "rubric"

Baal
11-27-2001, 11:39 PM
What a great place this is.
Jeddah,
just mail me anytime your little heart desires. You know I'm always grateful for anything you want to allow me. I'll have to dig up some crap to send you, to show my appreciation. Not these friggin' MMs either, something you'll really enjoy. Since, it seems to be next to impossible to get anyone to take money from me around here. Now, anyone who doesn't know me, hasn't heard of me, or won't be getting the pleasure of meeting me, I am just a collector who has devoted his collecting habits to MicroMachines. No, not the little cars. No, not the military stuff, and to a degree, not even Action Fleet stuff.(That is not to say that all these lines are not excellent.)Just Star Trek, Star Wars, and EP1 MicroMachines. I don't resell any of my stuff, as anyone will tell you.
I've been known to accept AF and other MMs in Package deals, but I'm a little partial to the MMs in particular. I've lost count right now, but I have a lot of stuff. I'm slowly remodeling my display room for a more "Vanderbilt Museum" feel.
Allthough not completed, visitors are welcome.
You'll have to endure my company though, and I've heard it's Hell.
Let's talk auctions. I'm not without some regard for my fellow SSGers. If there is an auction, in which you think I might be bidding on, by all means let me know. I'll yield to most anything. Now, there are a few things that you will be seeing my name on, but that can't be helped.
So, which Bounty did we lose, and to who?
If anyone needs me, I collect Star Trek, Star Wars, and EP1 MicroMachines. You have some? You want to get rid of some? All? Just let me know. And let's not haggle back and forth, just tell me what you need for them. If it's even close to fair, you get a prompt payment, as always!
Lastly, keep an eye on V.T., with that lighting-fast talk of his. He'll have you sending your momma's pettycoat to his friend SabreTooth.
Here is my email address if there is anything I can help you with.
MrFrost@bigfoot.com
Or you can post on this forum.
Don't be a stranger, ya' hear?
Your pal The Devil,
Baal
]};{>

vulcantouch
11-27-2001, 11:56 PM
me, fast-tawkin? not in person. hell, in person i got a slow, gravelly drawl much like a certain old country doctuh we all familiah with :happy:
"mail me anytime your little heart desires"? "I'll have to dig up some crap to send you, to show my appreciation. . . something you'll really enjoy"?? Tawk about yer smooth tawkin tempters :rolleyes: at least I'm blunt about my neVer-resTin, opportunistic schemin :sur: seein as how you playin both sides o the fence, maybe i gonna hafta start callin you baaligula :evil:
don't be a stranger, y'hear? ;)
vt
np: billy paul, "YOU & mrs. jones (http://cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=376115085/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=BEAUTIFUL+GIRLS/itemid=321486)"

jeddah
11-28-2001, 05:19 AM
Wahey! :D

I can agree with VTs voice-description, he does.

np night night jeddah ;)

vulcantouch
11-30-2001, 12:44 PM
. . .is a brief spoken postscript on the mixtape i made jdah 1 or 2 years ago. but wasn't it "nightY night"? :cool:
speakin of voices, i always thought fett's voice wasn't cool enough. they were obviously tryin for a raspy clint eastwood effect, but they shoulda got clint himself. other great candidates woulda been michael ironside (jester from top gun/rasczek from sst (http://us.imdb.com/Quotes?0120201)); for a more cultured fett, maybe marc "dukat" alaimo or romulan senator vreenak from ds9's "in the pale moonlight"; or for a scuzzier, nastier fett, james remar (ganz from 48Hrs/ajax from Warriors (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0080120)) :evil:
vt

jeddah
11-30-2001, 01:44 PM
Agree with your choices and comments about Boba Fett's voice, would like to add; Wayne Pygram's rather Emperoresque inflections, Peter Seranoficawacanicakrykcazekanicz (or whatever) as that was a deeply menacing DM! English too!

jeddah

good shot jansen
11-30-2001, 02:31 PM
menacing yet soothing all in the same fluid motion, however, ji being brittish, i belive gl wanted to make a distinction between fett and the imperial upper crust meanine's

JediTricks
12-01-2001, 01:44 AM
Would it be rude of me to say Wayne Pygram sucks? ;) I am not a Scorpius fan.

vulcantouch
12-01-2001, 12:24 PM
jeremy ironons is a style God, but fett should definitely have an american accent, not so much to contrast w/brit imps but cuz his character's clearly derived from the old west "roamin gunslinger" archetype :Pirate:
of course, i could always voice fett :cool: >spray< >gulp< >ahem< >inhale< me me me meeeeee :rolleyes: i'm reddy for my mike-up, mr. demille :happy:
vt
np: joe t vanelli w/csilla, "play with the voice (http://cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=556203276/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/ArtistID=VA-HOUSE+MUSIC+MOVEMENT/ITEMID=492708)"

jeddah
12-02-2001, 01:49 PM
I also wonder if Walken would be a funny Fett.

Jt, no of course not, just blind ;) To each their own...

jeddah

JediTricks
12-03-2001, 02:06 AM
Wayne Pygram plays the character Scorpius on "Farscape", the new villain on the show who's quite adept at chasing our heroes in the hopes of getting wormhole information from John Crichton's brain (one way or the other). He also plays the Scorpius personality clone that's become embedded in Crichton's mind which is slowly becoming weirder and weirder.

Jeddah, IMO Pygram puts it on thicker than Ian McDiarmid's Emperor Palpatine in ROTJ, which is REALLY saying something - the guy's a classic set-chewer.

jeddah
12-03-2001, 07:27 AM
I dunno, next you'll be telling me you still don't like Rene from Ally McBeeb :D

jeddah

JediTricks
12-04-2001, 02:15 AM
Rene who? ;) (not even an explanation as to where she went this season)

vulcantouch
12-04-2001, 01:53 PM
. . .they did a skit where he played walken doing a han solo screen test (others were richard dreyfuss for 3po, jack lemmon for obiwan etc) :)
another good fett would be the obscenely-deep-voiced country dick montana; i've already made swaffy & jdah familiar w/him via mixtape; anyone else who's curious may sample "big ugly wheels" here (http://cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=324705020/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=BEAT+FARMERS/itemid=2403) :evil:
hey bc3, re that artoo guy in my neckothewoods you asked me about: as i recall he Mght only be interested in the mm figures. if so, i'm not sure i have his address any more (it's been ~2 years), so plz axe him if he might be interested in splitting some pkgs w/b'jr (b'jr gets the ships, artoo gets the figures & animals) :)
btw, i told b'jr about the baal/b'jr identity confusion discussion here & he axed me to make a correction: he didn't perform self-dentistry with Pliers, he did it with a Dremel tool :crazed:
vt
np: chic, "funny bone"

britcit3
12-04-2001, 04:04 PM
Evenin' all

For those of you waiting for the elusive 11-13's, just got this response to a chaser email that I made to the Entertainer......

Hi Jim,

I'm sorry for the delay in replying, and the delay with your order.

Unfortunately, there has been a delay with your order. When I requested
stock from our warehouse to fulfil your order, they sent back a totally
different assortment of MM packs, which didn't contain the correct set
numbers! I have been meaning to visit our warehouse myself so I can search
for the sets you want, and I will find time to do so in the next day or
two. I would be grateful if you could be patient for a few more days while
I sort things out.

I'll Email you again when I'm despatching the order.

Cheers,

Andrew
thetoyshop.com Customer Services

I will keep you all informed.

Cheers as ever

BC3

JediGoofy
12-05-2001, 06:33 AM
Thank you for the update bc3!

I am sorry you have to spend so much time and effort to get those elusive Episode I MM collections, but I hope to have the possibility to do something for you in the future! :)

Thank you again for all your work!

Ciao,
JediGoofy

britcit3
12-19-2001, 12:05 PM
Evening all....

The bad news - the UK retailer wasn't able to fulfill my order of Ep1 sets 11,12 & 13.

The good news - they did dispatch some.

So the following forummers have the following (I have done this in order of people asking for them - unfortunately I do not have enough sets to supply everybody that has asked for them, so I have prioritised them to people who regularly post here. Bobbafett & Arlin - sorry guys, there just ain't enough stuff).

JediGoofy - you have sets 11(Rep Cruiser), 12 (Royal Starship), & 13 (Naboo Guards)
LTBasker - you have sets 11 & 12
R2-DEE2 - 11 & 12
Jedi Tricks - set 12
LowlyBantherCleaner - set 12

Send me your email addresses & I will send them to you (you Yanks may have to wait for surface mail).

What do I ask in return ? - nothing!!

Well, not quite nothing - your sets are assured and will probably be sent out between Xmas & New Year.

All that I ask, is that my AF collection is still quite embyonic and as such if you have dupes of any that I need or can get them dirt cheap (the Ep1s were only 2 each (but I could have sold them on at huge profit !)), I would be most greatfull for them.

As I said, the Ep1 sets are yours no matter what, but if you do have swaps of any of the following AF's I would be more than greatfull.

I still need:

Darths TIE
Red A Wing
AT-AT
Blockade Runner
Cloud Car
E Wing & TIE DEF (yeah, right!)
Sail Barge
Tyderium
Snow Speeder
Ep1 Royal Starship
Trade Fed Lander
Trade Fed Control Ship
Trade Fed Tank
Mars Guos Pod
Sith Inf
Gungan Sub
Flash Speeder

I only collect BOXED AF's - almost forgot

Also, if any of you who will be recieving sets don't need them packaged, let me know as it will reduce postage costs and speed up delivery by sending them loose (although it is OK if you want them boxed).

Just waiting for your addresses guys.

Mine is james.hobson@virgin.net

(If anybody who I couldn't score for is still after the sets, I have the email address of a UK seller who was selling them for 4 - drop me a line and I will give you his address).

I think that is everything.

Cheers

BC3

JediGoofy
12-19-2001, 01:57 PM
What can I say but ...
Thank you!!!

:crazed:

shinakuma43
12-21-2001, 01:18 PM
Britcit: I don't need the E1 sets 11-13 (well, I actually do need all three loose but I have them carded already so it's no big deal). What I do want is the Transforming Classic playsets in the UK packaging. The boxes with clear plastic on the front to see the sets and the MMs. I have seen pics of the Jabba and Royal Guard but I don't have any. If possible, would you be able to track down one of each set available in that packaging for me (actually anyone who can get them can get them form me, I don't mind :)) A listing of which ones were made would also be nice.

I'd also like to get probably almost all the other MM items that were released in the UK and not the US. Mini Heads sets above number 4 (I now know I should have asked for them last year and I'm sure I won't be able to get them now but I figured I'd ask anyways). I have the first 4 and both boxed sets (set 2 must be pretty hard to find I saw the one I have on ebay but never saw it again and I got it way back).

I'm sure there's a lot of other UK MM items that I don't even know about so whatever is available I most likely need. MM Ewoks on the grey striped card would be nice. I didn't know they existed until I saw a UK seller auctioning them off a couple months ago. I forgot about it (as usual) until after it ended and someone else get it for 5.00.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
S43

britcit3
12-21-2001, 01:32 PM
Hi S43

I think I know a comic shop that still has a Rebel Pilot/Hoth transforming playset, but the guy is a con man and I think that it was priced at 20 UK - if he still has it I can probably bag it some time in the New Year (the shop is about 50 miles from home).

With regards to the heads - I have never seen anything above set 4 in the shops - so they must have been released in very small numbers.

Others than the Ep1 sets 11-13 (that I can't source any more of for the immediate future), I can't think of anything else that is solely available in the UK.

LMK about the Hoth/Head transformer.

BC3

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-21-2001, 05:01 PM
Excellent work Britcit!

Thank You
Thank You
Thank You

:D

shinakuma43
12-22-2001, 01:41 PM
Britcit: The Hoth set is more than I expected and I'm sure it'll be quite a bit more with shipping, but I'd still like to have it. If you see it, or any of the otheres cheaper please grab them, if not next time you make it to the shop that has it please pick it up for me. I'd rather pay a lot for it and have it than not have it.

Thanks,
S43

britcit3
12-28-2001, 11:31 AM
Just a quick note to those waiting for their Ep1 sets -

They are boxed up and will be posted to you tomorrow.

Cheers

Bc3

vulcantouch
12-28-2001, 03:44 PM
oh well, thanx for tryin anyhoo bc3 :)

r2dee2
01-02-2002, 10:17 AM
Thanks britcit3!!!! ever so much..... look forward to seeing these sets:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-08-2002, 12:25 AM
Just would like to announce that the package for Episode 1 MM Set 12 that Britcit had sent has arrived at my house, and the set is ever so wonderful. It got there rather fast! The Cloud Car that I sent is on it's way across the pond and should be there in a few weeks time. Thanks again for all your hard work! :D :) :D

JediGoofy
01-10-2002, 05:09 AM
Yesterday I received the package from BC3 with collections 11, 12, and 13! :happy:

It is superflous to say I am EXTREMELY HAPPY!!! :D

It is so nice to have again a SW MM collection in my hands. Unfortunately, compared to the Classic SW ones, these collections contain just one vehicle and 3 figures (instead of 3 vehicles) or 8 figures (instead of 9) and we do not get the display stands. The packaging is really nice though, I like the way the items look inserted in the clear plastic (in particular the Naboo Security Guards look beautiful on the card). I think I will keep them carded, in despite of the rest of my SW MM collection, as a memorial monument to Star Wars MicroMachines! :)

Thank you again bc3, without you I would have never been able to get these! I have your wish list and rest assured if I find anything in that list (or any good item in the Episode 2 line, or anything else you may need) I will let you know. ;)

Ciao e GRAZIE!
JediGoofy

P.S. I wish every other MM SW collector may get these collections these year!
And also NEW ONES!
BRING BACK MICROMACHINES DAMMIT! :)

r2dee2
01-11-2002, 02:40 PM
britcit3......just wanted to let you know that your package arrived. Thanks so so so much:)!!!:)!! It's interesting to note that most of the vehicles and characters have several translations, but Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ratts are the same in any language:sur:
I will continue to look out for those itmes on your list, as I cannot accept your generousity without SOME sort of restitution. THANKS again!!

britcit3
01-11-2002, 04:06 PM
Hi R2

Alot of the stuff that we get in the UK has 3 or 4 Euro languages on it.

Glad you like the sets.

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
01-11-2002, 05:34 PM
R2, Amidala's name doesn't change either. ;) The Queen part does tho.

The Euro cards aren't that bad, I doubt they were released in U.S. version cards but the euros are close enough, and you can hardly tell they're euro when looking directly at the front except for the Boy/Girl pic on an upper corner. :)

r2dee2
01-14-2002, 11:06 PM
LTBasker... on the Amidala you are right there:) I don't mind the Euro cards at all. I'm just so happy to have the sets...thanks again to britcit3!1

I've put up a page of all the EpI Vehicle and Figure collections, including the card changes, First Edition cards and a few paint changes. You can see it HERE (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/mmvehiclecoll.htm) I also put up pics of the Build Your Own Podracer sets, although there is really nothing new there...other than the interesting sets listed on the back of the Wave II card that we never saw:mad:

JT....don't know if you are aware of the battledroid pictured on the bottom of the first edition sets. Do you have any idea what that's about?

JediTricks
01-16-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by r2dee2
JT....don't know if you are aware of the battledroid pictured on the bottom of the first edition sets. Do you have any idea what that's about? Could you clarify? Do you mean on ALL the Ep 1 "First Edition" sets?

r2dee2
01-16-2002, 11:06 AM
JT, sorry I wasn't more specific:), no not "ALL" first edition sets. I've only seen this little droid on all the first edition sets of the Episode I Vehicle/Figure collections, not on any of the first edition die cast, Pod Racer packs, Action Fleet or others. I guess that's why I thought it was "odd"

r2dee2
01-16-2002, 01:29 PM
Here's (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/IMAGES/mmep1vehiclecollcardbottomcompare_7.jpg) the pic of the Battle Droid.

JediTricks
01-18-2002, 02:54 AM
Well isn't THAT odd? No, I have never seen it, and since I don't have any First Edition sets except for the Battledroid Transforming Playset, I have never seen this either. That's really weird! I wish Hasbro hadn't closed the SF offices, I could just call and ask. :mad: Great find R2, I think you've found a new SW mystery!

good shot jansen
01-18-2002, 07:32 AM
:dead:

britcit3
02-07-2002, 11:06 AM
Thankyou LBC - probably

Just to say thankyou for sending me the Cloud Car - it arrived today and I love it.

I am right in saying that it was you that sent it, LBC?(sorry, bloody awful memory).

Also, Jeddah - once again thanks for your generosity for the Aliens AF's - they shall pass from son to son as heirlooms of the House of BC3 (BC3 to BC4, BC4 to BC5, ad infinitum). - cheers

BC3

britcit3
02-07-2002, 11:11 AM
Just thinking.......

The cloud car? was it you LTBasker that sent it?

Sorry

BC3

LTBasker
02-07-2002, 11:50 AM
It wasn't me, I'm still keeping an eye out. :\

britcit3
02-07-2002, 11:52 AM
In that case, thank YOU, LBC.

Cheers

BC3

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-09-2002, 12:55 PM
Nice to see that the Cloud Car I sent you has finally arrived. I sent it 2 days after Christmas and I kinda got worried that it got "lost in the mail." I didn't want to pay extra for a tracking number (maybe in hindsight I should have) and I didn't send it by air (to save a couple of bucks :greedy: ) but it is nice to know that it finally got there.

And I can't thank you enough for those exclusive rare Episode 1 MMs. If you think you can snag anymore, let me know ;)

britcit3
02-09-2002, 01:34 PM
Will do.

Bc3