PDA

View Full Version : So who all got their Silver Boba Fett Today?

mm74md
06-26-2003, 07:17 PM
My coworker was supposed to attend Origins today, but he had a change of plans. So I guess I'll have to wait until they are available to Fan Club members :cry:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-26-2003, 07:39 PM
And when will that be, do you know for sure?

jrosen
06-26-2003, 07:44 PM
I got it today. It is awesome. Much better then the Hasbro scans. It seems like it will be very limited. When I talked with the seller, she said that they only had 800 figures to sell. That would mean that they have approx. 4000 total figures. This would make it very rare. Much rarer then the Lucas Fig.

sith_killer_99
06-26-2003, 08:44 PM
Yep, planning on getting a few of these July 24th. My wife and I are heading to the Indy convention. I also read that they are limited to 2 per person per weekend.

In other words, each badge is entitled to 2 Fett's. So if you plan on buying more you need to buy a badge for each day! I'm glad I didn't buy a weekend badge, because I would be REALLY upset. As it is I plan on going 2 days once with my wife and daughter and again by myself, I plan on buying 2 badges (one for each day). I will probably go on Thursday and Friday.

Anyone else here planning on going?

she said that they only had 800 figures to sell

Was that per day? Or for the whole weekend.:eek: If it was for the whole weekend, I would tend to be VERY skeptical. She was probably just trying to hype the thing. Demand for these things is just way too high, especially when you consider that these will be going to 4-5 conventions PLUS they plan on selling through the fan club. Vader and Sacul were 1 shot convention/exhibit exclusives, and Vader had a VERY limited Fan Club run.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-26-2003, 08:47 PM
I asked for the day off to attend the Origins festival with my pal, but i got scheduled anyway. :( I did talk to him this morning and asked him to pick one up, if he could. got home tonight and found out he got me one!! He said it'd cost me 50 bucks though....and then he giggled and said i owe him 10. hehehehehehehe :D

jobi
06-26-2003, 08:50 PM
I plan on going. I'll be the goofy looking guy with a bunch of tattoos.

JangoFart
06-26-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm going to the Indy Con, sith. I'm stoked about it; especially since all those Star Wars folks were added at the last minute.

Maybe we can try to kill some time together.

J

Kidhuman
06-26-2003, 09:50 PM
If anyone gets an extra please LMK. I can not make it to any conventions. I will buy ar trade with you guys

JangoFart
06-26-2003, 10:25 PM
If I'm allowed to go, I'm going to get 5 of 'em, but they're already spoken for - one for me and one for each of the kids. (I say "if" because I have a trial set for that time that I'm doing my best to get post-poned.) I'm sure you'll have no huge problem getting your hands on one, though. There's some good Joes 'round here.

J

jrosen
06-26-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
He said it'd cost me 50 bucks though....and then he giggled and said i owe him 10. hehehehehehehe :D

What guy giggles? :D

bobafrett
06-27-2003, 12:13 AM
I'm hoping they still have them when Wizard World rolls through Chicago. I didn't get the Vader, got the R2, so I would like to get the Fett.

gsr-jedi
06-27-2003, 12:19 AM
Will these be available at the San Diego Comic Con?

seth_quinn
06-27-2003, 10:14 AM
I got mine today, off ebay for $56 shipped. just wondering for curiousity sake, how much are they each and how much is a pass to get into the convention?

sith_killer_99
06-27-2003, 11:06 AM
Passes are $20.00 per day and the figures are $10.00 each. But you are limited to 2 per person/badge. The word is, they are punching the badges to keep track of who bought their limit. So it will end up costing $20.00 each MINIMUM. But then again, the Silver R2-D2 was the same way, you had to buy $20.00 worth of merchandise to get the Silver R2.

OC47150
06-27-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm going to Gen Con/Indy, too. My friends are into role playing games and since Gen Con is only two hours away, it's a nice day trip. I'm going for the figure!

TheDarthVader
06-27-2003, 12:54 PM
I am hoping to get one from the fan club "after the convention season", as they have said. C'mon lady luck...get on my side! I hope they make more Boba Fetts than 4000!!! I don't see how it could be harder to get than the Vader!!

OC47150
06-27-2003, 12:59 PM
I, too, hope that more than 4,000 BFs are made. But I'm not pinning any hopes on the fan club. Too up and down in the last two years, and they sell out too quickly on hard to find stuff.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-27-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by gsr-jedi
Will these be available at the San Diego Comic Con?

Yes, that's where I plan on getting mine.

If you guys go to www.paizo.com, the breakdown of silver bobafetts is there.

They are even thinking about having an extra line for fan club members to pick up their silver bobafetts so we won't have to wait in line as long.

Then after the convention season, they will offer the silver bobafetts to fanclub members "until supplies last"

jedi master sal
06-27-2003, 02:27 PM
Let me clarify something here. You only get TWO Silver Fetts total. PERIOD! You cannot buy another badge as these are being logged into the computer with your identification as well. Unless you have a fake id and can also get past people recognizing you, you will NOT be able to get more than two Fett's. I had to bring my fiancee along just to get two more. Now on the other hand, you can get through the line faster by having your "official" member id. It's the Yoda Card you got with you Insider membership. (Most got their's in January) Also you HAVE TO have your member ID on the back of the card. If you threw away the packet you got with your membership don't worry too much. Issue 58 of the Insider (from what I'm told because I didn't need to look for it) has your member ID printed on it. (The issue had your mailing address printed on the actual mag.) again I can't confirm that as I didn't need to look for it. This ID helps you get through the line faster, as you get preferential treatment for being a fanclub member. ABOUT time it's good for something.

The figures only cost $10. with a $20 admission it does breakdown to $20 per figure. I unfortunately had to get a rental car because I didn't think my truck would make it. So two of the Fett's that I got for other collecting buds of mine will cost them more. Figure in gas, car rental, admission and the cost of the actual figure, their convenience of not having to go. Now before ANYONE thinks that I'm trying to scalp, rest assured I've never done this before, and only because of the supposed exclusivity and the fact that the Origins con isn't too far away from me am I even able to get it. the collecting buds of mine were willing to pay upwards of $50, but I thought that a bit much and am only "charging" $35 for each. If I could have gotten more I would have and that would have brought the price down.

Okay. with that all said and done. Good luck with this one. I'm glad to have made the trip. We (fiancee and I) stopped at 5 Wal*Marts and 4 TRU's along the way back to Pittsburgh.

sith_killer_99
06-27-2003, 03:13 PM
Talk about ANAL. These clowns need to take a lude or something. What will they do if you don't have an ID? Kick you out? What is this the Soviet Union?

I suppose they will keep all of this on their "master database" and refuse sales through the fan club, to members who bought them at conventions? What if you go to 2 of these conventions (say Ohio and Indy)?

"Ooops, sorry kid, it says in our database you bought two of these last month in Ohio. No soup for you!"

This is just stupid! Oh well, it's times like this I'm glad I have a minivan with seating for 7!!! Hahahaha!!!!

I'm sure I will be able to get a few people to help me out. I'm looking to use these as trade bait. I guess I better bring my daughter's social security card, she dosen't have photo ID. lol

Figurestasher
06-27-2003, 03:19 PM
Hey thanks for the info about your experience. i am going go to the San Diego Con and I am glad people cant buy multiple passes and stuff like that otherwise there wouldn't be enough exclusives to go around. Who cares if people think you are scalping, sell them for whatever you have to or want to, you're the one who went through the trouble or hopefully fun to get them.. Thats cool that you got 4. Nice score.

sith_killer_99
06-27-2003, 04:02 PM
Who cares if people think you are scalping, sell them for whatever you have to or want to, you're the one who went through the trouble or hopefully fun to get them.. Thats cool that you got 4. Nice score.

I agree.

I am glad people cant buy multiple passes and stuff like that otherwise there wouldn't be enough exclusives to go around.

I disagree, they should make enough to satisfy demand. It's not like they are afraid these won't sell, if they make too many of them! If I go to the Indy Con on 2 different days and buy 2 different passes and want to wait in line twice to buy 4 Fett's I should be allowed to!

I can understand telling people they can't buy 6 badges and buy a dozen in one day, but there are better ways to limit these than to take your name and info and then tell you that you can only buy 2 PERIOD! I can see 2 per badge per day, or something along those lines, for those who bought a 4 day pass they should be able to stand in line each day and buy 2 per day.

Besides, what if I don't want to give my info to some complete stranger. It's like when they ask for your home phone number when you buy something from a store. "Can I get your home phone number starting with area code?" No, you cannot target me for some annoying and intrusive marketing campaign.

I know it's not the same thing, but it still feels like big brother! How much do you want to bet that before all this is said and done a full unopened case of these shows up on Ebay despite all their best efforts!:rolleyes:

I don't mean to go off like this, and my frustration isn't pointed at anyone here. I not trying to shoot the messenger or anything. I blame Paizo, for over zealous behavior.

BTW, thank you for the info JMS!;)

Unfortunatly it looks like Indy will be a one day event me. Maybe it's better this way, I have to drive all the way from Fort Knox just to go, and I hate long drives back to back.

Figurestasher
06-27-2003, 04:15 PM
Oh yeah well if there were a large amount of Silver Fetts made than yes I agree we should be able to buy as many of them as we want on as many days as we would like. I was under the impression that the Silver Fett is limited to a certain amount that is in the thousands or so. I could just imagine some people taking them all the first day....then others that have to work all week and can't get there until Saturday missing out...which is totally unfair. Although that probably is still going to happen unfortunatly.

I heard these are limited to 6000, but that seems like way to little of an amount to me and I think it will be a larger number. if anyone knows for certain then please post.

OC47150
06-27-2003, 04:23 PM
The Jorg Sacul figure for C2 alone was rumored between 25,000 - 32,000.

IMO, I think it's fair that at Gen Con the badge will be punched/stamped/something to show who bought the silver BF. I admit, I picked up several of the Sacul figures for friends, but I ran into people who have eight or more of the figures. Stamping is one way to control that. And that wasn't right.

mm74md
06-27-2003, 07:12 PM
I just want this figure...just one. Why must it be so difficult for us to get a darn toy!

JangoFart
06-27-2003, 07:17 PM
Hey, folks. Here's a dude selling some at a very reasonable price of $48.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3136860477

Last I checked, though, he only had 3 left.

I bought one myself, just because I'm an impatient cuss and can't wait until the end of July for the IndyCon to get my own :)

J

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-28-2003, 01:14 AM
$48.00?!??! Well, i'll be!! (scrambles to log onto his e-bay account) :D

I gotta send my friend a check for the figure which he picked up for me. Stupid work. He did tell me he had a chuckle where some guy said he'd trade him a Teela figure from MOTU for 2 of the Silver Boba's. My friend said that he replied, "yeah, i'll get right on that!" and left. I wonder if the guy knows that the Teela's were/are abundant in the Columbus area. :D

Jedi_Rainman
06-29-2003, 04:23 PM
I was only able to pick up 2 Fetts myself when I needed 4 and I did some quick thinking, why not ask someone to go and get you 2 more. Give them the $21.15 and have them pick up 2 and thats what I did. Now me and the 3 other people who couldn't go are happy and I just sold them back to them for $10 each. I won't scalp, its just not in my blood. I just thought I would let you know what to do if you were or are in my situation.

Also, did anyone see the guy selling the new Saga figures for $15 each and the silver R2 for $25? He had a statue of Maul outside his booth, plus he was buying mint Fetts for $15 each. Thats what I call a scalper and he is doing it right at the convention. He should have been kicked out!

JangoFart
06-30-2003, 01:07 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3136979263

More auctions from the same dude, for those who missed the last one.

I really don't think that $48 is an offensive price for this. Heck, that's cheaper than what it's costing me to get into Indy Con for the weekend and get a figure there. (Not to mention that gas to get there from Oklahoma, hotel, eats, etc.) I see that some sellers are still asking over $100 a pop for these things - and I hope they don't sell one of 'em at that price. But, sub-$50 is a respectable price for this figure; IMO.

J

JangoFart
06-30-2003, 01:23 AM
For all you guys/gals who have received your Fett already:

What is the depth of the bubble? Is it the kind which would require a Star Case 1 or a Star Case 2? (Toy Fair Vader will only fit in an SC2, for instance.) I'd like to know b/c I have a few extra acrlyic cases and think this dude would look great in one. I fear, though, that his bubble is as deep as it appears; which means a Protech acrylic is out of the question.

Thanks!
J

Figurestasher
06-30-2003, 01:42 AM
JF..that is a rip off...what are you thinking....nah, I 'm just kidding.

That seems to be a good deal, I guess, but I don't know because nobody knows how much of these are being made. I am just wondering what condition those are in, as I dont believe it says it on the auction and there is not a picture. You know what I'm saying?

jedi master sal
06-30-2003, 02:20 PM
The bubble size is that of the Toy Fair Vader. The overall quantity of the Silver Fett's is good. I talked with Mary Franklin (the Editor of Banth Tracks and the VP for marketing at Paizo) and she mentioned that there were plenty to go around. The amount of figures is different from con to con. Colmbus has 4000 over 4 days. Indy, Chicago and California will have different numbers based on days of Con, population base, predicted sales and so forth. Plus do not forget that the Mexican Con will have these as well. After these five cons, the figure will go up for sale at the fanclub if there's any left. Oh, while talking with Mary, I informed her of my collecting habits and my different associations with Star Wars group. I mentioned SSG of course. Anyway, the next bantha tracks is going to be all about collecting and I have a chance at getting an article printed there. For those who want more than 2 figs each, try to find CON goers who are not going to buy the fig and ask them to buy these for you. I know others have done this and this isn't against the rules. Be prepared to reimburse the person if they do that for you. A $5 tip isn't out of the question for them spending time to get them for you. I could have done this and in fact had 6 guys willing to do it, but I lost them in the con so I only got the 4 I initially went for. Oh well, I had 12 e-mails from guys wanting this fig so I could have made all of them happy, but such is life. One thing about these figs. MANY come on a bad card. That is to say they are creased or bubble is crushed or something on that order. Mary was nice enough to offer me the chance to trade in for a better carded fig and hence I have 3 mint and 1 very near mint. It took me 3 times to inspect the figs before I settled for the ones I got. I didn't want to push my luck on the near mint one so I accepted those. Okay so while these MAY be available later, chances of finding a MINT one will be much harder come that time. If you want one mint, go to a con, otherwise you'l get what's left. I found out that they had 4000 Fett's for the Columbus Origins CON so there's at least some chance of people getting these with 3 more American and 1 Mexican CON left. Good Luck—Jedi Master SAL

stillakid
06-30-2003, 04:25 PM
Yes, that's where I plan on getting mine.

If you guys go to www.paizo.com, the breakdown of silver bobafetts is there.

They are even thinking about having an extra line for fan club members to pick up their silver bobafetts so we won't have to wait in line as long.

Then after the convention season, they will offer the silver bobafetts to fanclub members "until supplies last"

I might go to San Diego, if my work schedule allows it that is. The Ebay after market price would be cheaper than me paying the cost of a day pass, the gas to get there from LA, and the loss of my day-rate from turning down a job or two. I just want the figure. :cool:

Brainiak76
06-30-2003, 05:22 PM
yup that was wha ti was most curious anbout!! if it was 2per conv or 2per person per day! But they way it sounds like is 2per person PERIOD!! I cant wait for SDCC!! that where im goin for the fett, keldor, and AOME twilight frodo!

Banthaholic
07-01-2003, 12:21 AM
I've already come tothe conclussion that I'll have to hope for the best after the convention season with the Fan Club.
Unfort there just isn't a convention close enough to make it worth the drive. My luck I would drive umteen hours and they would be all out of them.
These convention figures are cool but us collectors end up having to shell out big $$$ for them, while scalpers without daily jobs make a profit.
I love the idea that they are trying to control the amount of figre each person can have. While I'd love someone here to pick one up for me, I'd rather not get one from someone here than know that a scalper walks off with 20 of them then sells them for $80 a pop since he was able to buy as much as he wanted.
It's a shame that grown people try to make money off of toys.

jobi
07-01-2003, 06:18 AM
I changed my mind. I figured it would be cheaper to get one from ebay. So I won one last night for $52. It's still cheaper, $10.00 per figure, $20.00 entry fee, gas and food for an eight our each way road trip a lot, and 4 days vacation. I think this will work out better.

DarthChuckMc
07-01-2003, 10:42 AM
So, anyone else notice these Boba's ain't flying off of eBay? With the exception of Jobi, these aren't doing so well.

Out of 148 closed auctions, and 118 active ones, less than half have sold or been bid on, and most of those went for less than $50, some sold in the $20 range thanks to honest people doing $20 Buy it Nows.

Are most people waiting for the Fan Club to have them? Are alot of folks going to take their chance at the Cons?

If that's the case, then these will be back up on eBay in acouple of months selling at cost, which is friggin' great, because that'll be one lesson scalpers may have finally learned.

Dr Zoltar
07-01-2003, 12:36 PM
Well I'm going to take my chances with the Fan Club. Mostly because I can't find anyone going to a con who can get one for me. But being that Paizo's offices are less than 45 minutes from my house, if I get stiffed on-line, I may pay them a visit.

But I have faith that every fan club member that wants one will get one. If I can get two, I will so that someone else can enjoy this figure as well.

jobi
07-01-2003, 07:46 PM
I just figured that it would be cheaper then going up to Indy, I live in South Carolina. So all the gas and entry fees...etc...I ended up saving. Plus I want this figure now.

DarthChuckMc
07-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Here's a copy of an email I sent to Paizo, and their response.

Hi Mary,

I was curious as to when the Silver Boba Fett figure will be for sale online? There are already 24 greedy s.o.b.s selling 72 of them on eBay for $20-100. What's even worse is people are bidding on them. Some people have 3, 8, even 15 of them, that they are selling, when there was supposed to be a limit of 2 per person. How is this happening? Just do an eBay search for "silver boba fett" and you'll see what I'm talking about. This is very frustrating to me, and I'm sure, a ton of other fans. Can you give us any incite as to when we, the FAN CLUB members will get a shot at this figure?

Thanks,

Chuck McMenamin

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chuck,
I understand your frustration with the sales on EBay. I feel particularly badly for those who are paying so much when they could wait a little and purchase the figures for $10 each.

We have been selling the figures for Hasbro at the summer conventions. Hasbro intends the figure to be a thank you to convention-goers and Fan Club members. Coming up are ComicCon, GenCon, and Wizard World. We just sold them at Origins, where we had a “fast lane” for card-carrying Fan Club members.

We’ll start selling the figures online to our members starting in mid to late August, after our convention sales season is over (www.paizo.com). The figures will be $10 each plus shipping, limit of 2 per member. The folks at the shows were limited to two per person, and we punched badges to show who had purchased. People will still find ways around this, like offering to buy the figures from others, but at least it slows it down a little.

Thanks for your concern, and thanks for writing.

Mary Franklin
Director of Marketing and Operations
Paizo Publishing, LLC

Banthaholic
07-01-2003, 11:01 PM
DarthChuckMC you rock!!! Another to the point email and answer from the SW fanclub. Most useful info indeed
I might suggest if you haven't yet give the man some reputation points!!!

Dr Zoltar
07-02-2003, 12:11 AM
Way to go DarthChuckMC! That does make me feel a bit better. I really do think Paizo is trying to make fans happy with this.

And I too vote for you to get some reputation points.

2-1B
07-02-2003, 02:23 AM
Are most people waiting for the Fan Club to have them? Are alot of folks going to take their chance at the Cons?

Here's my plan:

I'm going to Wizard Chicago in a month anyway, so if I can stand in line to get it then I'll do that. The only concern I have is that we might go to the convention on that Sunday so they could be gone by then . . . if so, I'll just hit the fan club page after the convention season. :)

I can't wait to see how much the scalpers are selling it for at the convention. :crazed:
Last July I saw a Wizard dealer "offering" a then-unreleased Silver TRU Artoo for the low, low, price of $300.
And a few months later I ordered it on Amazon for $10. ;)

Figurestasher
07-02-2003, 02:39 AM
My plan is similiar to your's Ceasar. I plan to visit the San Diego Comic Con the first day, wait in line, purchase 2 of the Silver Boba Fetts and proceed to have a pleasant and fun time at the rest of the con. If for some reason I can't get one or the ones I buy are in bad shape then I will try to hit the fan club later. If all that fails and I do not get this figure, oh well, i'm pretty sure life will go on. I dont have the TF Vader and I am doing just fine. I realize I will be coughing up an entry fee, parking, gas and sharing a hotel with a friend. But I think it will be worth the adventure. Plus I get to stop at Hooters! :crazed:

sith_killer_99
07-02-2003, 02:42 AM
How much do you want to bet that before all this is said and done a full unopened case of these shows up on Ebay despite all their best efforts!

Almost there, tell me THIS guy didn't get his greedy hands on a case:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=deathstartoys&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

:rolleyes:

One thing about these figs. MANY come on a bad card. That is to say they are creased or bubble is crushed or something on that order.

What a big, steaming, pile of. If I'm gonna pay $10.00 for a figure it better be pretty close to mint. It's one thing to get a bad card on say, a silver R2-D2 which was only 2 cents at retail (with a $20.00 purchase). But if I'm paying $10.00 for this thing it better be a solid C-9!!! And if these guy's are charging TWICE what a normal figure costs at retail (over twice $4.77) then they should pack 'em well and handle them with CARE!

So, anyone else notice these Boba's ain't flying off of eBay? With the exception of Jobi, these aren't doing so well.

That's not exactly what I'm seeing. I must have missed every single $20.00 BIN! Most are hitting $50.00+ with 7+ hrs to go. You know an item is hot when 35 out of the first 50 already have bids (going back 3 days out!).

Most of the BIN's are going for around $75.00 now.

I found another person to take to Indy with me, so I should be able to get 4-6 Fetts for trade. The plan is to get Jeremy to autograph one in silver pen! Then I will have one MOMC and one with Jeremy's autograph. I also plan on getting another Silver R2-D2 and having Kenny Baker sign it with a silver pen. I would like to get a full set of these with and without autographs. That means I will have to work REALLY hard to find a convention with David, plus the dough I will have to shell out for the Vader.

Of course, that still leave the upcoming silver Clone Trooper. :eek:

Figurestasher
07-02-2003, 03:17 AM
Almost there, tell me THIS guy didn't get his greedy hands on a case:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=deathstartoys&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

Holy crap what a greedy little,....they should make a movie about this jerky called "Pirates of the Comic-Con". However this guy's auction gives away a little secret (you need Acrobat Reader to view this link)...

http://originsgames.com/pdfs/BobaFett_Ad_with_logo.pdf

I am pretty sure about this...the Silver Fett has a limit of how many will be sold per day, each day has a certain amount to be sold to the public so they cant completely sell out the first day. So for you guys worrying about getting their Sat or Sun, as long as you are early to the door or whatever you should have a shot at one just like everyone else that attends.

sith_killer_99
07-02-2003, 03:39 AM
I'm just laughing a little, because he only has 2 bidders and both of them are at the minimum right now. lol I hope he has to relist these about a dozen or so times. Let's see if he got people at the convention to buy them, then he only paid $10.00 each (or $10.00X30= $300.00).

Now he is selling them for $50.00 each ($50.00X30= $1,500.00) with BIN ($75.00X30 = $2,250.00). So he plans on making between $1,200.00 and $1,950!!! :rolleyes: Even after taxes and listing fees, he's looking for $1,100 MINIMUM. :crazed:

Banthaholic
07-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Two Silver fett's for a Toy Fair Vader?
What's this guy smoking... Heck I think I'll wait for the fan club then get my two Fett's for $20
I say we hound him with questions through ebay...

or my personal favorite, while imature it is funny. Subscribe his email address to unwanted online newsletters.

This guy is nothing more than a Scalper. It's great that he was able to buy extra Fett's. I can see selling them for a bit above cost to pay back his expenses. Although to sell 29 Fett's at $39-$60 over cost is horrible.

Figurestasher
07-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Two Silver fett's for a Toy Fair Vader?
I say we hound him with questions through ebay...

or my personal favorite, while imature it is funny. Subscribe his email address to unwanted online newsletters.

I have already started that. The next step is to make up fake names and use buy it now on all his auctions. Hope the dirt bag is reading this. LOL

jobi
07-02-2003, 05:35 PM
I think everybody is missing something. Supply and demand. I wanted one so I payed a price I was willing to pay. I'm not defending what this guy is doing but it is the American way. He is a capitolist, that is how this country works. How much do you think those $150 Nikes cost to make. A couple of dollars??? They pay some kid, in the third world, $.15 an hour to make them. And we buy them up like hotcakes. I don't agree with what this guy is doing (I didn't buy from him) I do understand. The American dream is making money. Not that I like it I just understand that's how the world works.

sith_killer_99
07-02-2003, 09:56 PM
I think everybody is missing something. Supply and demand. I wanted one so I payed a price I was willing to pay. I'm not defending what this guy is doing but it is the American way. He is a capitolist, that is how this country works. How much do you think those $150 Nikes cost to make. A couple of dollars??? They pay some kid, in the third world, $.15 an hour to make them. And we buy them up like hotcakes. I don't agree with what this guy is doing (I didn't buy from him) I do understand. The American dream is making money. Not that I like it I just understand that's how the world works.

I didn't miss or forget anything. My frustration is stems from here:

How much do you want to bet that before all this is said and done a full unopened case of these shows up on Ebay despite all their best efforts!

Sure, I think this guy is a little bit of a bozo, but I don't wish him any harm.

My point is that Hasbro/Paizo/WOTC is making a HUGE mistake! They limited the total production of this figure, which is guaranteed to be a sell out. Then they further inflate demand for these by limiting not just the number per person per day, but the TOTAL number that any one person can buy.

They are responsible for creating this demand. And to make matters worse we can clearly see that their best efforts are all for not! How many people have more than 5-6 of these on Ebay right now! They tell me I can't go to Indy 2 days in a row and stand in line each day to buy 4 figures, that's a slap in the face. So here we see the honest collector/trader getting messed over, while, as always, the SCALPER, scams a bunch of these on Ebay.

The whole situatuion is disgusting, and I blame Paizo/Hasbro, more than anyone. Not a single person in their right mind believed for one second that the scalpers would be thwarted by anything that Paizo did.

My solution is much more simple. Make enough to satisfy demand, then make a few more. As I said, this thing is guaranteed to sell out, regardless of how many they make.

But they are doing it to us on purpose! Hasbro knows, that if they can excite demand for a few figures the whole market will be excited. In short, Hasbro likes to have short runs on high profile figures, it drives up the secondary market and tempts collectors to get into buying Star Wars, in the hopes that they will be able to re-sell later and turn a profit. They do all of this while telling us that they are "for the collector". Meanwhile, all they are doing is shooting us in the foot.

Kidhuman
07-02-2003, 10:05 PM
As I said, this thing is guaranteed to sell out, regardless of how many they make.
Meanwhile, all they are doing is shooting us in the foot.

Exactly. They could of made 1,000,000 of these and they would sell out. For some people like us, that can not getto a convention, we will never be able to get one unless we pay an obscene amount on ebay. I do not own any of the silver figures, but this for me is a must have. Now, thanks to the scalpers getting all of them, I will have to resort to paying alot for one. Plus I got a hole in my foot to boot.

jobi
07-02-2003, 10:17 PM
did.

My solution is much more simple. Make enough to satisfy demand, then make a few more. As I said, this thing is guaranteed to sell out, regardless of how many they make.

Yes they should have made more. It seems they are being a little screwy with the whole thing.

I was just getting irritated because my name was thrown out there like I was some kind of idiot for getting one from ebay. I want this figure and do not trust I'll get one from the fan club. So I was going to spend a whole heck of a lot more going to Indy and getting it. I mainly wanted to go for this figure, so if I miss the rest so be it. It would have been a 18 hour round trip, plus entry fees, plus the figure, plus finding a place to sleep. So I feel I got a good deal. Several people are complaining about these being "scalped" and people that are bidding. I am a grown man and make good money, I can buy what I want with it.

Like I said, I don't agree with or like what he's doing, but I wanted the figure so I bought it.

TheDarthVader
07-02-2003, 10:34 PM
I agree with everything sith_killer said. SCALPERS SUCK! The idea that someone has 30 of these is sickening when many people dearly want just one. Yes, Hasbro should have made more. We should have known with this "special" Boba Fett figure that many twisted dealers/buyers/people would be scalping these. I, too, am upset. :(

stillakid
07-02-2003, 11:30 PM
Subj: Silver Boba Fett Exclusive - NOW SHIPPING
Date: 7/2/2003 5:37:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time
Reply-to: brianstoys-owner@yahoogroups.com
To: brianstoys@yahoogroups.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Dear Collectors,

Brian's Toys has just received the new Silver Boba Fett exclusive
figure. They are in stock and shipping immediately!

The prices are as follows:

Silver Boba Fett C-9 $124.99
Silver Boba Fett C-8 $109.99
Silver Boba Fett C-7 $99.99

This is a very cool figure and sure to be in extremely high demand!

Click below to see pictures and order (you will have to scroll down
just a bit):

All pre-orders for this item will be shipping out tomorrow.
Unfortunately, we never received a pre-release shipment of this
figure, so any pre-orders for pre-release Boba Fetts are being
filled at this time for $124.99.

Thanks!

Brian Semling
Owner
Brian's Toys

Kidhuman
07-02-2003, 11:32 PM
Wow, $125 dollars for one of these. Think he will sell any?

DarthBrandon
07-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Wow, $125 dollars for one of these. Think he will sell any?

I was just going to mention that as well, I got my e-mail today and thought "what, $125.00 dollars right off the bat", this is why I don't buy from B.T.'s. The prices are just down right crazy. :greedy:

stillakid
07-02-2003, 11:41 PM
I was just going to mention that as well, I got my e-mail today and thought "what, $125.00 dollars right off the bat", this is why I don't buy from B.T.'s. The prices are just down right crazy. :greedy:

Not only that, but where does he get enough product to ensure that he can fill every order that comes in? Although, as you mention, with these just silly prices, I don't expect that he'll have to beat the customers off with a stick or anything.

But, he either has insiders snagging cases for him or else he has managed to enlist the aid of numerous (times 10) other losers to purchase their limit then hand them over to his store.

I can understand (though not agree with) a markup of some sort, but $125.00 is way out of left field. I mean, where on earth does this guy come up with a number like that?

Figurestasher
07-02-2003, 11:49 PM

Guess what buddy, I know how the world works and how supply and demand work. I just think its a little crappy that a person that sells on ebay has to get 30 Silver Fetts from the con instead of letting everyone else get a shot at their two that they are supposed to be able to buy. I dont give a **** what you buy on ebay especiaaly if you make a lot of money. Why dont you buy one from Brian's toys too...after all they are ssg's terrific sponsor.

sith_killer_99
07-03-2003, 12:44 AM
All right, everybody, play nice.

Brian's sells at outrageous prices, we all know that, so it's really no surprise. He will charge as much as he can for as long as he can and then he will drop the price little by little to squeeze every dollar out of collector's. :rolleyes:

As for the shipments, I believe Brian buy's dirct from Hong Kong, so the rules governing exclusives, etc. are a bit different. That's also why he's the first to get new stuff. In order to do that though, he has to buy more at a time. It gets complicated. :crazed: My brother-in-law used to sell Star Wars figures on his website, noe he tends to stick to other things. He got tired of dealing with Hasbro's lousy distribution.

BTW, my opinion is, buy what you want, and pay whatever you're willing to pay. I feel for some of you who can't go to the conventions. I will say one thing however. As the convention season moves along more and more of these will become available, through Ebay and other places. I am predicting that these will come down a bit in price, though they will certainly level out around $30.00-$40.00 if you ask me. Then again, I could be wrong. :Pirate:

DarthBrandon
07-03-2003, 01:07 AM
All right, everybody, play nice.

Brian's sells at outrageous prices, we all know that, so it's really no surprise. He will charge as much as he can for as long as he can and then he will drop the price little by little to squeeze every dollar out of collector's. :rolleyes:

As for the shipments, I believe Brian buy's dirct from Hong Kong, so the rules governing exclusives, etc. are a bit different. That's also why he's the first to get new stuff. In order to do that though, he has to buy more at a time. It gets complicated. :crazed: My brother-in-law used to sell Star Wars figures on his website, noe he tends to stick to other things. He got tired of dealing with Hasbro's lousy distribution.

BTW, my opinion is, buy what you want, and pay whatever you're willing to pay. I feel for some of you who can't go to the conventions. I will say one thing however. As the convention season moves along more and more of these will become available, through Ebay and other places. I am predicting that these will come down a bit in price, though they will certainly level out around $30.00-$40.00 if you ask me. Then again, I could be wrong. :Pirate:

That's cool and all, but really with all the different Fetts I have in house carded or loose, I could just make one for way less money and save the hassle on top of it. Sure I like Fett, he's cool and all, but I won't spend more than twenty dollars to have one, I'm just not that fond of the silver series to begin with. If someone wants to hook me up with one for twenty bucks (hint hint) then I may do that. I can't see myself spending $125.00 bucks on a silver Fett when I didn't even buy the Sacul figure which I find more of a prize if you like that sort of thing. I can find better ways to spend my money on action figures than limiting myself to just one because my monthly budget is shot after I spent $125.00 on something. No thanks, the hype is just way to big for me to jump on the bandwagon for a piece of plastic that won't be worth five bucks in twenty years.IMO :D

aikman8_1999
07-03-2003, 11:04 AM
Maybe its just me but man, im shocked so many people are more than happy to drop 50+ on a common figure dipped in silver.

JangoFart
07-03-2003, 12:44 PM
I paid $75.00 for a very mint Toy Fair Vader - no regrets. I paid $75.00 for a very mint Jorg Sacul - no regrets. I paid $50.00 for a silver Fett I haven't received yet - no regrets, yet. I paid $30.00 for a very mint Luke Theater - no regrets.

I have no problem paying a premium price for a limited figure on a limited card. I do not open my stuff and will part with it when I either die or they all burn up in a house fire - whichever happens first. I do, however, continue to hold Brian's Toys with complete disdain as, IMO, they are the worst of the worst of exploiters.

I would not have paid $125.00 for the Toy Fair Vader I bought and I find it shocking that they even have the balls to post that price for this Fett.

J

aikman8_1999
07-03-2003, 03:18 PM
I paid $75.00 for a very mint Toy Fair Vader - no regrets. I paid $75.00 for a very mint Jorg Sacul - no regrets. I paid $50.00 for a silver Fett I haven't received yet - no regrets, yet. I paid $30.00 for a very mint Luke Theater - no regrets.

I have no problem paying a premium price for a limited figure on a limited card. I do not open my stuff and will part with it when I either die or they all burn up in a house fire - whichever happens first. I do, however, continue to hold Brian's Toys with complete disdain as, IMO, they are the worst of the worst of exploiters.

I would not have paid $125.00 for the Toy Fair Vader I bought and I find it shocking that they even have the balls to post that price for this Fett.

J
Brians toys is a total joke thats agreed.

Although , he wouldnt charge it if he couldnt get it.

Its a $5 figure dipped in silver paint no different from the one you already have.
Anyone that removes it from the card is nuts for that reason.
Thats the only different thing about it.

The cardback, please, you could print that yourself or close to it im sure.

Paying a premium (over $20) for it is too much.
These arent investments people.

stillakid
07-03-2003, 03:37 PM
These arent investments people.

It is if you buy 2 at $10 a piece, keep one, and sell the other for $10.01 or more.

in·vest·ment
n.
The act of investing.

Property or another possession acquired for future financial return or benefit.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

aikman8_1999
07-03-2003, 03:40 PM
It is if you buy 2 at $10 a piece, keep one, and sell the other for $10.01 or more.

in·vest·ment
n.
The act of investing.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Very impressive .
Perhaps you are the only formite that sells(or at least admits to ) selling star wars for profit.
I wont call you a scalper though, i dont know if the correct definition is available.
Can you look it up for me erudite one?

sith_killer_99
07-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Its a $5 figure dipped in silver paint no different from the one you already have.

Well, now I know I paid more than $5.00 for the 300th edition Boba Fett, and I got mine at retail. lol ;)

in·vest·ment
n.
The act of investing.

Sure, if you only buy 2 and sell one. But what if you are like me. I plan on buying one MOMC and having Jeremy autograph the other one. If I get any more it is because I paid for someone elses way in plus the cost at retail plus tax. Any extra Fett's are gonna cost me $20.00 each! Besides, I plan on using these for trade bait.

Where would you say the Toy Fair Vader falls into this? He was free to those who went.

Sometimes, it's not that cut and dry, most of the time it comes down to intent. An example of this is some Matchbox cars I bought 3 years ago. I bought them for $2.99 each. I recently sold them on Ebay. Most of them sold for $4-$7 each, however, one of them sold for $26.00!!! Did I scalp these? I planned on keeping them when I bought them, I started bidding really low and had no reserve, I just wanted to get rid of 'em and noone I know was interested in trading. So I guess they turned out to be an unintentional investment.

DarthChuckMc
07-03-2003, 04:36 PM
My personal definition of a scalper is someone that acquires the toys at retail, and sells them on eBay or a local comic/collectible shop, at a starting price, higher than what they paid.

I buy cases online. With tax and shipping, the figures cost me $5.75 each. IF I were to sell them on eBay, I would start them at $5.75, and charge ACTUAL shipping cost. NOT $5+ flat fee, that some sellers do, to make up any cost they lose, if the item sells for less than they anticipated.

If you have figures that are say from the POTF2 era, like a red carded long saber X-wing Luke on a .00 cardback, I think it would be "fair" to start the bidding at what current price guide value has it listed at. The figure was rare to begin with, and it's been out of production for almost 8 years.

I don't think people should be selling NEW figures for more than retail, unless they have a direct account with HASBRO, or another source that THEY pay a premium to get the toys early.

That's just my big fat opinion.

DarthBrandon
07-03-2003, 07:53 PM
My personal definition of a scalper is someone that acquires the toys at retail, and sells them on eBay or a local comic/collectible shop, at a starting price, higher than what they paid.

I buy cases online. With tax and shipping, the figures cost me $5.75 each. IF I were to sell them on eBay, I would start them at $5.75, and charge ACTUAL shipping cost. NOT $5+ flat fee, that some sellers do, to make up any cost they lose, if the item sells for less than they anticipated.

If you have figures that are say from the POTF2 era, like a red carded long saber X-wing Luke on a .00 cardback, I think it would be "fair" to start the bidding at what current price guide value has it listed at. The figure was rare to begin with, and it's been out of production for almost 8 years.

I don't think people should be selling NEW figures for more than retail, unless they have a direct account with HASBRO, or another source that THEY pay a premium to get the toys early.

That's just my big fat opinion.

Very well put DarthChuckMc, I don't mind paying a couple of dollars higher than retail when it comes to getting some of my figures, but I won't pay scalper prices either. I agree with you on figures that are no longer in production (8 years etc) it is almost a given that they will be worth more if they are rare or some type of variation. I recently completed a trade in which I traded a (rare) figure (variation) for just another figure because it doesn't matter to me. It's all about the trade and helping someone out. The person I traded with didn't even know it was rare until I told him. I could have sold it on E-bay for large coin, but hey that's just me. New figures that are coming out should not be considered gold like BT's seems to think, I know he gets his stuff first and all but where does he come up with these outrageous prices anyhow. Most of these will be offered at retail in a couple of weeks (except silver Boba) so I feel bad for someone who pays twenty plus dollars for something they could have paid five bucks for, just bad business sense IMO. You can buy most of these items (figures) on E-bay for nowhere's near the price BT's are asking. I don't mean to be bashing BT's but hey if the glove fits you can't acquit. :D

aikman8_1999
07-03-2003, 11:47 PM
If I get any more it is because I paid for someone elses way in plus the cost at retail plus tax. Any extra Fett's are gonna cost me $20.00 each! Besides, I plan on using these for trade bait.

Where would you say the Toy Fair Vader falls into this? He was free to those who went.

Sometimes, it's not that cut and dry, most of the time it comes down to intent. An example of this is some Matchbox cars I bought 3 years ago. I bought them for $2.99 each. I recently sold them on Ebay. Most of them sold for $4-$7 each, however, one of them sold for $26.00!!! Did I scalp these? I planned on keeping them when I bought them, I started bidding really low and had no reserve, I just wanted to get rid of 'em and noone I know was interested in trading. So I guess they turned out to be an unintentional investment.

A. I have issue with the whole "i buy extras to trade" scenario.
Thats an excuse many use to sell the extras, in addition, most trade whats its 'value' is not what it was bought for. If people bought just for themselves the world would be a better place. I ask you , if you see someone clear out a toy selection and claim that its not for them its for friends in thier club or trade bait do you feel any better? But if they had one of each it would be much more acceptable wouldnt it

B.Toy Fair Vader.
Again not a new sculpt just a silver dip.
Certainly not worth over $20, and unfortunate that its was virtually only available to those at the event.

C.nothing is totally cut and dried. If you buy something without intent to sell it(but need to get rid of it) and when u start bidding at or below what you paid for it that is fine. If the price goes up that is the buyers fault, not the sellers. Otherwise you are selling it for a considerable markup from retail(my selling definition)

aikman8_1999
07-03-2003, 11:52 PM
Brians exists ,much like scalpers, because people will pay his ridiculous and insulting prices.

As i read this thread, i saw many people frothing at the mouth for this silver repaint figure, willing to pay big bucks for it.

I will dip my boba and vader into silver paint , loose, anuyone wanna give me 40 bucks for the pair.

Thats my point.
The value isnt there, dont believe the hype.

Pass on these and hasbro will get the hint....maybe

Figurestasher
07-04-2003, 12:16 AM
Brians exists ,much like scalpers, because people will pay his ridiculous and insulting prices.

As i read this thread, i saw many people frothing at the mouth for this silver repaint figure, willing to pay big bucks for it.

I will dip my boba and vader into silver paint , loose, anuyone wanna give me 40 bucks for the pair.

Thats my point.
The value isnt there, dont believe the hype.

Pass on these and hasbro will get the hint....maybe

I think I am going to dip my Boba fett in platinum and pass on the Silver one as it has become a joke now.

This is a never ending argument. On one side you have people that want to scalp toys for high prices because people like the ones on this site and so on will pay the high prices because they just have to have it. Then on the other hand you have people that say they wouldn't have to pay high prices if it wasnt for people hoarding and scalping figures. In my opinion the whole action figure market has become all hype and I personally prefer not to buy into hype.

Turbowars
07-04-2003, 01:35 PM
Oh come on Stasher, you buy into the hype all the time.;)

Figurestasher
07-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Oh come on Stasher, you buy into the hype all the time.;)

Welcome back there Turbowars. So it looks like you are fully operational again.

Also they got rid of your avatar, I looked for it for you and its gone. Looks like you are going to have to find a new one, mine was gone as well. :mad:

Turbowars
07-05-2003, 10:42 AM
Welcome back there Turbowars. So it looks like you are fully operational again.

Also they got rid of your avatar, I looked for it for you and its gone. Looks like you are going to have to find a new one, mine was gone as well. :mad:
Yeah, I guess I'm back. Between Steve and WEBTV customer service I'm back. I tried getting another Avatar, but the page was taking over 5 minutes to load and I really don't care that much to have one. Anyways about this Fett. I got one off e-bay for 48 bucks in MOMC condition. Was I just lucky or was the seller just honest. I guess we will never know. The thing is, I would have paid over 48 bucks just to get to SD Con. So right there I made out. Like I said in another thread, I probably would have spent or lost about 500 bucks or more just to go. Loss of pay, food, gas, motel, wife lol... I was going to wait for the fan club, but it cost 30 bucks to join and then 10 for the figure about 7-8 for shipping and wow about 48-50 bucks. I don't know about you guys, buck 48 sounds good to me.

plo koon 200
07-05-2003, 02:07 PM
I was going to buy one of those Fetts that were selling for $48 on ebay but I'm not gonna pay that much for that toy. But, now that I can't make it to Gen Con I need one. Oh well...

jobi
07-05-2003, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I guess I'm back. Between Steve and WEBTV customer service I'm back. I tried getting another Avatar, but the page was taking over 5 minutes to load and I really don't care that much to have one. Anyways about this Fett. I got one off e-bay for 48 bucks in MOMC condition. Was I just lucky or was the seller just honest. I guess we will never know. The thing is, I would have paid over 48 bucks just to get to SD Con. So right there I made out. Like I said in another thread, I probably would have spent or lost about 500 bucks or more just to go. Loss of pay, food, gas, motel, wife lol... I was going to wait for the fan club, but it cost 30 bucks to join and then 10 for the figure about 7-8 for shipping and wow about 48-50 bucks. I don't know about you guys, buck 48 sounds good to me.

That's what I said and I got yelled at. Oh well haha who cares I wanted one so I got one. I saved money in the long run.

JangoFart
07-06-2003, 12:39 PM
Speaking of silver Fetts, I was trying to get a trial postponed so I could attend GenCon Indy, but was unable. Now I have 2 full passes which cost $55.00 each and nothing to do with them. I'll let them both go for $75.00, if anyone is interested.

J

Turbowars
07-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Speaking of silver Fetts, I was trying to get a trial postponed so I could attend GenCon Indy, but was unable. Now I have 2 full passes which cost $55.00 each and nothing to do with them. I'll let them both go for $75.00, if anyone is interested.

J
That sucks Fart, to bad it wasn't for the SD comic con. I would have bought those. Now that I got Fett, I now want to go to the Con. There seems to be some other cool stuff to see and now Mark is going to be there. I might just take a day trip on Saturday. I can get 4 Fetts. Anyone one one for $50 hehe.

Turbowars
07-15-2003, 12:43 PM
That's what I said and I got yelled at. Oh well haha who cares I wanted one so I got one. I saved money in the long run.
I guess they don't know how to add #'s.

sith_killer_99
07-16-2003, 11:54 AM
Well, when I'm right, I'm right:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3139055487

This is a sealed case of 32 Silver Boba Fett Figures straight from the show. I just got back yesterday with them. The case is sealed and you could possibly have 32 AFA 100's with possible variants if you send the sealed case to AFA to be graded. The Price is $3000 with Free insured overnight delivery to anywhere in the US or $50 for 3 day insured shipping to anywhere in the world Take a look at the pictures. All of these belong to my friend and me. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. I will only take PayPal or cash for this auction due to the nature of the sale. The winner of this auction will own the only sealed case of Boba Fett's in the world.
I agree that $3000 is alot of money for this auction but it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I had to pay $2000 for NBA finals tickets in San Antonio. Yes it was alot of money, but hey, it was my dream. I did pay too much but hey, the guy had to feed his family and I wanted to see the game. I wanted it bad enough and I had to pay for it. I feel bad for charging this much but it's a seller's market. This sealed case is one of only 4 in the world and my my friend and I own all 4 of them. The other 3 will be sent to AFA so that means that this is the only sealed case left in the world that is available for sale. It is absolutely impossible to get a sealed case. This is the only one left in the world. To the true collector the price I am charging is a bargain. Just imagine what this sealed case would go for in ten to twenty years.

You are Bidding on 1 sealed case of Silver Boba Fett Action figures from the Mexico City Star Wars convention from July 12 and 13th.

Good Luck on the Bidding!!!

Poor guy had to pay $2,00 for NBA finals tickets. So I guess he wants the bidder to make up the difference or something. :crazed:

LOL the only sealed case in the whole great big wide world.

This is why the limit is so bogus! It just dosen't work. Oh yeah sure, there are "factors" and "circumstances" but in the end the "limit" is/was bound to fail. :crazed:

A. I have issue with the whole "i buy extras to trade" scenario.
Thats an excuse many use to sell the extras, in addition, most trade whats its 'value' is not what it was bought for.

I'm sure there are some that do use this as an excuse, as for the whole "value" issue, it's all subjective. I happen to collect NON-US carded figure, I have traded with people in over 7 different countries around the world, mostly in Canada and the UK. So my "trades" happen to benefit NON-US collectors, who just happen to be stuck outside the loop on this particular figure. In fact, I would bet that every extra Fett I get ends up outside the US.

As for "value" tell me this...what is the value of a green carded Italian GiGi Darth Vader? Who knows, who cares, but I'd sure be willing to trade a Silver Fett for one, if I didn't already have one in my collection, at the same time I wouldn't turn down a trade for a US FF Weequay. Value is subjective.

I ask you , if you see someone clear out a toy selection and claim that its not for them its for friends in thier club or trade bait do you feel any better? But if they had one of each it would be much more acceptable wouldnt it

Not really, either way, I don't get one. They are different, but with the same results. I have cleared out places before, bought 3 (1 MOMC, 1 to open, and one for a "friend"). For a long time I had abuddy in Canada who I traded with on a reguar basis.

C.nothing is totally cut and dried. If you buy something without intent to sell it(but need to get rid of it) and when u start bidding at or below what you paid for it that is fine. If the price goes up that is the buyers fault, not the sellers. Otherwise you are selling it for a considerable markup from retail(my selling definition)

I couldn't agree more. I have sold stuff I couldn't get rid of in trades, and all my auctions started at $1.00 (except ships...$5.00). I have had stuff go for insanely high prices and I have had stuff go for well below what I paid. I didn't intend to sell the stuff when I bought it. I just needed to get rid of it to make room, changed collecting styles, etc.

This is a far cry from a scalper who regularly clears out a store of every new figure and puts 'em up on Ebay, just to make a few bucks.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-16-2003, 01:10 PM
All I have to say is, what a loser. So he feels that they're worth $95 per, huh? He feels bad for selling them at that high price, huh? I hope the market dries up and he gets stuck with them.

Granted I don't know the guy, but I can see him selling water at $500/gal. when the big one hits and the water supply hits the crapper. "Hey sorry I'm selling this necessary resource at such a high price but it's a seller's market."

I guess you're right SK99, it's impossible to control the distribution of this stuff. What bugs me is how did this guy and his friend get ahold of a whole case? Did some inept Hasbro employee leave them sitting out on the hood of their car? Did a few Benjamins do the talking to an underhanded convention official?

AmanaMatt
07-17-2003, 09:48 PM
Within 30 minutes of the start of the con, the silver Fett line was a three hour wait...'F' that!

Needlesss to say, I did not get one.

stillakid
07-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Within 30 minutes of the start of the con, the silver Fett line was a three hour wait...'F' that!

Needlesss to say, I did not get one.

I'm going in on a press pass on Saturday. I wonder if there's a "backdoor" opportunity there. Hmm?

Turbowars
07-17-2003, 11:26 PM
I'm going in on a press pass on Saturday. I wonder if there's a "backdoor" opportunity there. Hmm?
Hey Stillakid, I'll be there first thing Sat morning. I plan on be the first in line. I want one signed by Bulloch. Maybe I'll see you there.

AmanaMatt
07-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Good luck on these, everybody. This is not sold at the Hasbro booth - but in a small section in the 4300 ish vacinity -in that area, so check the map out early to plot your location and book. There was one girl who took a very long time between customers.

Turbowars
07-20-2003, 10:23 AM
Well I got 4 fetts and it was a mad house. After waiting 3 1/2 hours to buy a pass I only waited 45 minutes to get the fetts. The chick at the booth said it was the shortest line since the Con started. I had a good time, but it was pain in the rear.

Brainiak76
07-20-2003, 04:58 PM
i have one extra MOMC!! would anyone like to trade for a jorg sacul MOMC? LMK..THANX

brainiak76@hotmail.com

sith_killer_99
07-21-2003, 01:50 AM
This is not the place for posting trades. Please use the Trades section for that!

Deoxyribonucleic
07-21-2003, 01:57 AM
I got my two on Wednesday and waited about half an hour so it wasn't bad at all, then I went back today and got it signed by Bulloch which was pretty cool!

All in all I have to hand it to the folks at Paizo because that's ALL they did Wednesday - Sunday!

Hats off to those folks for doing the best they could do under the "extreme amount of people circumstances" This con had more people than any other in attendance and it showed on preview night...it was just like any other night at the con??? WHOA! ;)

Tycho
07-21-2003, 05:22 AM
I got mine at the Fan Club breakfast that Steve and I went to on Saturday morning.

I didn't care about the figure, but Daniel Logan and Jeremy Bulloch both signed mine and I got to visit with them and make new friendships with each of them this weekend, so there's good memories involved with the whole experience that make me want to hold on to this one.

Here's a picture of me and Jeremy while he's signing mine.

That's Daniel Logan sitting a little further down the table, the autograph line going up to him first. It was very relaxed, as we were all pretty tired. This picture was taken at like 7:30 in the morning, mid-way into Comic Con weekend!

(the breakfast was held in the Merriot Resort Hotel next door to the convention center and Comic Con).

Mandalorian Candidat
07-21-2003, 03:58 PM
Looks like that guy selling the case of 32 silver Boba Fetts on ebay is realizing he's full of it. Click the link in SK99's post. He changed/deleted much of the old description as well as lowering the BIN price to $2100.

scruffziller
07-27-2003, 08:39 AM
I sniped myself one yesterday on Ebay with 44 minutes left to go...WHOAH-OH!!!:D for only $26!!!!!:crazed: And there had been 8 bids!!!!!

OC47150
07-27-2003, 02:31 PM
I got mine on Saturday at Gen Con, and autographed by Jeremy Bulloch. Also had by silver R2 autographed by Kenny Baker!

Two out of three ain't bad!!!!!!!!!!!

scruffziller
07-28-2003, 10:22 AM
All I have to say is, what a loser. So he feels that they're worth $95 per, huh? He feels bad for selling them at that high price, huh? I hope the market dries up and he gets stuck with them.

Granted I don't know the guy, but I can see him selling water at $500/gal. when the big one hits and the water supply hits the crapper. "Hey sorry I'm selling this necessary resource at such a high price but it's a seller's market."

I guess you're right SK99, it's impossible to control the distribution of this stuff. What bugs me is how did this guy and his friend get ahold of a whole case? Did some inept Hasbro employee leave them sitting out on the hood of their car? Did a few Benjamins do the talking to an underhanded convention official?

Yea, it kinda sounds like a scam to me. You could fill it up with a bunch of pegwarmers and whoever is desperate enough to own one of these "as is" doesn't want to open it up and spoil it. It wouldn't be difficult to make it look unopened.:D Ooooooooooh a brown box to show off to all my SW geek friends. "Hey don't touch that, it is the only sealed one in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":rolleyes: Heck you can get the same effect for just going back to the dumpster at the con.:cool:

abell748
07-28-2003, 10:54 AM
I got my silver Boba at the Fan Club breakfast at GenCon. I had it signed by Jeremy (too bad Daniel Logan couldn't sign stuff). I was disappointed with the paint job though. I thought it would be metallic like the Vader and R2 ones. The silver looks like they were spray painted with a dull silver paint. At least the figure is cool. because breakfast wasn't.

sith_killer_99
07-28-2003, 11:05 AM
I got mine on Saturday at Gen Con, and autographed by Jeremy Bulloch. Also had by silver R2 autographed by Kenny Baker!

Two out of three ain't bad!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I'm with you! I got my Silver Fett autographed by Jeremy and my Silver R2-D2 autographed my Kenny on Friday! What an experience! Jeremy seams like a great guy, friendly as can be!

I only wish I'd of had a TF Vader for Mr. Prowse to autograph! It was really the only time I was disappointed not to have a TF Vader, just because it would have completed the set. Oh well, maybe I will catch David next year, or for Celebration 3, by then I should be able to afford a TF Vader. lol

Did anyone else get theirs personalized, or just the basic autographs?

Turbowars
07-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Yep, I'm with you! I got my Silver Fett autographed by Jeremy and my Silver R2-D2 autographed my Kenny on Friday! What an experience! Jeremy seams like a great guy, friendly as can be!

I only wish I'd of had a TF Vader for Mr. Prowse to autograph! It was really the only time I was disappointed not to have a TF Vader, just because it would have completed the set. Oh well, maybe I will catch David next year, or for Celebration 3, by then I should be able to afford a TF Vader. lol

Did anyone else get theirs personalized, or just the basic autographs?
I got Jeremy to sign mine as well. Yes he does seem like a great guy. I also had Kenny sign my silver R2. I kind of felt sorry for Kenny. He really didn't look like he wanted to be there. As with personalized, I don't like to see my name on stuff like this. IMO It seems more official to just has their sigs.

scruffziller
08-06-2003, 11:54 AM
Got mine in the mail the other day. I have to say this an excellent fig!!!
It isn't gray like some have said(maybe they got fakes), it is shiny silvery.

Tonysmo
08-17-2003, 06:15 AM
should be a front page headline..

not sure why it isnt.

August 13, 2003. Bellevue, Washington
Members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club can order Hasbro’s silver-painted Boba Fett action figure from the Fan Club website, http://starwars.paizo.com/, starting Tuesday, September 2, 2003 at 12:00 noon Pacific Standard Time.

The 3 3/4" likeness of the saga’s most infamous bounty hunter was created by Hasbro as a special thank you to Star Wars fans. The Official Fan Club sold the action figures at conventions this summer, and now will make them available to their members.

“Members who are concerned that there are not enough Boba Fetts to go around should rest easy,” said Lisa Stevens, President of the Official Star Wars Fan Club. “We have a good number of the action figures, and we should be able to make most everyone happy.”

The figures will cost $10.00 each plus shipping, and will be sold to all members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club, including Canadian and International members. Each member will be able to purchase up to two figures each. The figures will be sold while supplies last.

hmmm.. I guess I could wait another 3 weeks..

bobafrett
08-17-2003, 08:30 AM
I earned my two silver Fett figures by volunteering for duty at Wizard World. It was a sort of "Thenk You" from the fan club. I should have bought two more, and had the chance to while I was there, but I will wait until they are made available as I have other toy purchases to make.

Master Plo- Koon
08-17-2003, 09:20 AM
I got mine on the friday that wizard world started. In total since my parents purchased two, and I purchased two I have one addressed to myself and autographed to me by Jeremy. Then the other three are in mint condition and awaiting their star cases.

Val Da Car
08-20-2003, 05:03 PM
My wife and I picked up our pair from Wizard World (for my friends that could not make it to WizardWorld) and bobafrett was the line attendant and was very courteous (according to my wife).

My friend opened his Silver Boba (that is the type of collector he is) and it looks great.