PDA

View Full Version : Kenobi WILL fight Anakin= VADER

TheDarthVader
06-27-2003, 01:28 PM
This is from the databank at starwars.com. This confirms that 1. Kenobi WILL battle Anakin (of course) and 2. It was the duel that "created Vader" (caused anakin to live in the suit)!!

Here is part of the write-up:
Fueled by rage and discontent with the pace of Obi-Wan's training, Anakin challenged his master to a duel. Despite newfound power bestowed by the dark side of the Force, which added to his already formidable abilities, Anakin was grievously wounded in the fight. His burning anger kept him alive, and he was forever scarred not only by his wounds but also by betrayal.

So for those that theorized a long time ago that Palpatine would cause Anakin to have to live in the suit(from sith lightning or lightsaber duel), it appears that idea was incorrect. I remember one point in your arguement was: (ROTJ) Yoda said, "Luke, do not under estimate the power of the Emperor, or suffer your father's fate you will."

Just wanted to share! :)

sith_killer_99
06-27-2003, 01:52 PM
I remember one point in your arguement was: (ROTJ) Yoda said, "Luke, do not under estimate the power of the Emperor, or suffer your father's fate you will."

I always took thast to mean that Luke would fall to the dark side anyway. That seemed to be the angle Papatine was going for in ROTJ. When that didn't work Palpatine was intent on KILLING Luke not beating him into submission.

Thanks for the info! It looks like there may be more to the line...

His burning anger kept him alive, and he was forever scarred not only by his wounds but also by betrayal.

Than just Anakin's defeat by his former master. OR maybe I'm just reading into it.

TheDarthVader
06-28-2003, 10:16 AM
More revealing information under "Anakin Skywalker"...

from starwars.com databank

"Sustaining grievous injuries at the hands of his former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Vader required cybernetic enhancements and replacements to sustain him. His pure innocent self seemingly lost forever, Darth Vader cast a dark pall over the galaxy, as he was one of the foremost agents responsible for the elimination of the Jedi order."

Cool!!!

Brainiak76
06-28-2003, 04:20 PM
:eek: :crazed: :eek: ;) :happy: :stupid: :p :p

AndyW
06-28-2003, 08:26 PM
Confirming what most suspected, this is good news. I know some people hate spoilers, but its these snippets of info that I just LOVE, it adds to the build up and its great :D

I just hope they don't make this duel annoyingly short like the Dooku/Obi Wan/Anakin one in Ep2. And I've got images bursting in my head of the Jedi temple being stormed, burning, Vader leading a charge of clones. Woooo, spine tingling :D

TheDarthVader
06-28-2003, 11:24 PM
sith_killer, you aren't reading too much into except for the fact that the betrayal is refering to anakin betraying his true self...also, the dark side of the force betraying Anakin by making him think he possesed more power than what he REALLY had (that invincible feeling). Hope this helps. :)