PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Jango Fett MiniReview

Jayspawn
06-27-2003, 02:30 PM
You know there's a problem when you can't buy anything in the stores. Alas, we have the internet to buy things!

Deluxe Jango Fett

Likeness Well, it's Jango. Not much else to say, it looks good! 5/5.

Sculpt/ Detail The sculpt is good. But nothing wonderful as its rehashed Jango Kamino Escape figure. Except the helmet it not removable- though it looks like it is despite my efforts to pry it off his head. He is also just a tad less detailed than Kamino Jango. He has a newly sculpted right arm and has magnets on the inside of both arms for his 'action feature' but we'll get to that later. The sculpt and detail is fairly basic but correct. The landing platform base looks great, the only throw off is the launching pad that launches Jango- its bulky and looks tacky. If it was flat it would be better. 4/5.

Articulation Deluxe Jango has 10 points articulation. Head, shoulders, elbows, waist and both legs- same as Kamino Jango counting the boosters on his rocketpack. I would like to see some more wrist and knee joints in the future. 5/5.

Accessories Ok, now we're gonna get technical. Jango comes with 2 basters, long missle, rocketpack, two part base and tower. The blasters are great as always and fit nicely into his holsters. The rocketpack fits onto Jango's back, the long missle fires well and looks to be the one that came with 300th Boba Fett. The base pieces fit together well and resemble that of the landing platform on Kamino. The tower fits into the base and extends out to make it taller. All the accessories look cool and are functionable. 5/5.

Playability First off, Jango's action feature is that you can launch him off the base and he connect onto the tower by the magnets on the inside of his arms. It actually works! He launched and connected 3 of 3 times. The base is constructed to connect with Deluxe Obi-Wan's base. He's fun to play with. A Deluxe figure that works. I would have prefered it if the figure's helmet was removable. 5/5.

Value I got Deluxe Jango online from Kebco for $10.99 which is a fair price- but not by much. You're really paying for the base with is the best part- the figure is nothing special. 4/5.

OVERALL It's a neat setup. Here's what would have made this a perfect toy....A NEW figure and the base without the launcher. If Hasbro can give us settings or backgrounds that'd be wonderful. I would have really liked just a landing platform base with nothing attached. I tried and tried to pry off Jango's helmet- it really looks like it should be removable but it's not. The set connects with Deluxe Obi-Wan - but I'll get to him later. Deluxe Jango is a great toy, but don't expect to be blown away by it. 4/5.