PDA

View Full Version : New Cinema Scene Figures! (MERGED)

Battle Droid
06-28-2003, 02:09 AM
From, www.sandtroopers.com

Geonosis War Room II

http://www.tomy.co.jp/starwars/images/photo/110537_a.jpg

Jedi Council II

http://www.tomy.co.jp/starwars/images/photo/110520_a.jpg

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-28-2003, 02:11 AM
Woah, those look very good to me. A yaddle figure! Hee! :D

Beast
06-28-2003, 03:15 AM
Well, my prediction was pretty much correct. Other then the guess that Passal would be regularly carded as that's how he was rumored. Both sets look fantastic. And it's nice to finally get figures of Yareal Poof, Yaddle, and Depa Billaba. And the War Room set looks nice also. I figured that Nute would be a retooled Nute Gunray, but the Shu Mai, and Passel Argente figures make it a must buy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jpak001
06-28-2003, 03:33 AM
Very cool! I dig the Jedi council set. Hopefully we'll get an Oppo fig someday too.

I'll get these if I find 'em, definitely!

Battle Droid
06-28-2003, 03:40 AM
Hopefully we'll get an Oppo fig someday too.

He's in the Jedi Council I set.

http://www.tomy.co.jp/starwars/images/photo/110148_a.jpg

jpak001
06-28-2003, 04:40 AM
oh yeah that's right.... I'm spacing.... wrong week to stop sniffing glue!

Bosskman
06-28-2003, 07:12 AM
This is awesome. 6 new figures! (I consider Nute a new figure because he's from AOTC)

LTBasker
06-28-2003, 08:02 AM
The War Room set is great, though I wish they had at least reposistioned the arms. They made the figure look freakin new, they should've given him Rune Haako's arms, as this way it looks like Nute is still in need of a cold shower. Even worse now he has the "don't disturb me!" look on his face. :eek:

The Jedi Council set is awesome, but highly disappointed Depa is just a shell. Her body almost looks like POTJ Saesae Tiin's, but she needs a chair as well! Hmm, maybe the cloak can come off and we can slip on Pilot Obi-Wan's robe, she looks big enough to make it work. Wonder if she has articulated knees though..

hango fett
06-28-2003, 08:40 AM
too bad the figures in the first jedi council look more like statues. and the mace is just the geonosis rescue one with cloth skirt, if you would. but the second looks great! they all do even though they are statues!!! now if i can ever find the darn things rrrr!
h

Jargo
06-28-2003, 10:09 AM
Holy moly Passel Argente and Shu Mai! Yareal Poof and Depa Billaba and YADDLE! HOORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Saint Yaddle is the main reason for buying that set. But five new figures is ultra sweet. Nute I'm not bothered about. Look good though don't they? Don't know why they have Yaddle sitting and not Depa. Seems a waste there if Yaddle is articulated a la Yoda. Swap those round and have Depa seated.

droidekas2
06-28-2003, 10:53 AM
Wow!!
I know I do my fair share of *****ing about Hasbro but little things like this make it me see that they can do something cool when they need too. A whole slew of freaky alien figures and another Neimodian figure! These sets are great. I cant wait until I get these four sets.

Thunderstorm1
06-28-2003, 11:16 AM
Impressive, Most Impressive.

Glad to see Hasbro is doing right by these sets. Now Hopefully they will be easy to find, unlike the Trash Compactor Sets!

Kidhuman
06-28-2003, 11:21 AM
These sets look really good. Hopefully I will be able to find them.

Val Da Car
06-28-2003, 11:22 AM
I just found these pictures of the Jedi Council Cinema Scene and the Geonosian Scene.

Jedi Council members should include :Yarel, the female Yoda (Yaddle) & Depa Billoba

Geonosian Scene members should include:Shu Mai, Passel, and Rune.

I think I will have to get this set!!!!!

Val Da Car
06-28-2003, 11:24 AM
Looks like the storm in my area made me miss the first posting of this thread by Battle Droid....pls merge.....Thanks to any Administrator

TheDarthVader
06-28-2003, 11:27 AM
*Ching, ching!* The sound of the register taking my money/ credit card for all four of these sets. Wonderful job, hasbro! I look forward to seeing these sets on the shelves...now if hasbro can just get these items on the shelves!! :)

Jek Porky 2002
06-28-2003, 11:35 AM
I think they look a bit cheap, I really didn't want anything bad to say about them, but it looks like hasbro has cut corners werever possible.

I do like Yaddle, and appart from there being no chair, I like Depa!

However, Yareal, poor Yareal, maybe he will grow on me, but he looks too grey, his neck is too short and I hate fabric clokes! You guys just can't seem to get enough of them, but I think it makes figures look cheap!

I am also a bit dissapointed in the fact that it looks like the middle charactor in each set isn't going to have a chair, I know this is probably because the base is too small and they would looked cramped, but just make the base bigger hasbro, they all need to rest thier weiry feet!

Onto the War room, it looks good, I like Shu Mai and Passell Argente, Rune is OK, but they should have used a new one, look carefully a his hands, the way they are possitioned looks like he is...well...relieving himself.

I will buy them, and I'm sure they will grow on me.

evenflow
06-28-2003, 12:42 PM
Regardless on how they look, I am just extremely happy to be finally getting Yareal Poof. Such awesome news these two Jedi Council sets are. I cant wait to get them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2003, 01:58 PM
Hey, these are awesome! I like all the figures! Though I wish Nute had different hands, so he doesn't look like he's . . . well you know. :rolleyes:

corporal AMF
06-28-2003, 02:10 PM
I'LL BE BUYING THESE anyway

karinations
06-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Bah..
More pictures of new figures that will "be in a store near you soon!"
while i could build a homeless shelter with Jango pilots from "stores near me".
And these are the wave 2(!) of both Jedi and Geonosis scene sets,we need to sloooooow things down man.
What's next pictures of Ep3 assortment 2?
Please..
Show me a store not stocked with Clone pilots then i'll start believing tales of magical figures that don't exist.
You might as well tell me it's going to rain donuts tomorrow and the streets will be turned into candy.

Hmmm candy and donuts...

-V-

droidekas2
06-28-2003, 05:53 PM
I see that Poofy has a cloth robe so he must have knee articulation so he can sit or stand, which is awesome.
I'm just wondering, he is supposed to have another set of arms under his robes. Do you think we will be able to see them? Will they have articulation?? Molded to the body??
What do you think??

Banthaholic
06-28-2003, 06:02 PM
I think these sets are brilliant. Hasbro came up with a great idea with these Screen Scenes. While everyone is entitled to their own opinions, IMO these are as good as it's going to get.
Wow 5, new figures, and a E2 figure that was on quite a few Want lists.

Yareal Poof is awesome, I just read the DH Zam comic the other day, dealing with Poof's death. A welcome addition to my collection.

keithfite
06-28-2003, 08:24 PM
This news is sweet. I love all of the sets. and I am so glad hasbro decided to make figures of the EP1 council. I figured they would only make EP2 council figures. I wonder when these will come out, do you think they will come out with the other 2 sets or will this end up being a christmas gift. Whatever, they are really cool. I will have them all. you can bet your sweet *** my friends

joe-da
06-28-2003, 11:53 PM
Looks like a dream assortment to me!

Hope these don't get "cancelled" before they are released.

Hellboy
06-29-2003, 12:34 AM
Wow these look incredible. :eek:

I hope they won't be to hard to find because most SW fans should be thrilled with the amont of unproduced characters appearing in these sets.

Way to go Hasbro :D

Sidiously Darth
06-29-2003, 03:13 AM
I think both sets look really good. :cool:

So, does this mean that the Geonosis War Room is a 2 part set and the Jedi Council is a 4 part set? Since this is the Ep. 1 Council, that leaves Yoda, Eeth, Plo, Tinn, Adi & Ki-Adi which we already have. :confused: :confused: Any ideas?

Jargo
06-29-2003, 10:29 AM
I think both sets look really good. :cool:

So, does this mean that the Geonosis War Room is a 2 part set and the Jedi Council is a 4 part set? Since this is the Ep. 1 Council, that leaves Yoda, Eeth, Plo, Tinn, Adi & Ki-Adi which we already have. :confused: :confused: Any ideas?Hasbro said a while back they'd just continue to shove out the council sets until all the council members had been done. Whether that meant only the TPM council or also included new AOTC council members I don't know. All I know is that we're finally getting a bloody yaddle figure and a bloody depa Billaba figure and a bloody Yareal Poof figure and a bloody Even Piell figure and a bloody Oppo Ranacisis figure. About bloody time. :D

Which leaves Ki-Adi Mundi, Eeth Koth, Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, Shaak Ti, Adi Gallia, Coleman Trebor and Madame Jocasta Nu. Yoda has been done in his own single carded version.

Tycho
06-29-2003, 12:53 PM
I am so stoked about these sets!

Yes the Jedi Council is my dream come true!

Yes THIS is the way to do Screen Scenes - all new figures!

Yes I will be buying a TON of these sets (well, probably less than 10 of either Jedi Council set, and less than that of the Geonosian War Room - but enough to make me excited about getting a product I can use for so many of my dioramas!!!)

1) Anakin being tested by the Jedi Council
2) Qui-Gon's funeral in TPM
3) Obi-Wan and Anakin in the new E2 Jedi Council, adding Coleman Trebor and Shaak-Ti
4) Various EU battles, like Even Piel fighting Ree-Yees & Sebulba to simulate "Emissaries to Malastare!"
5) One to save away for Darth Vader figures to fight Jedi for Episode 3 and beyond!

Plenty of other scenes and uses I could figure out for things to do with the characters in these 3 packs!

With Geonosis: I can set up the whole war room by adding Wat Tambler!

I can get another set to put Nute Gunray on the balcony in the Arena Playset!

I can use the extra Passal Argente and Shu Mai figures to add to my Galactic Senate scenes!

I can also customize Master Tsu Choi from Shu Mai, to make the Jedi from "Jedi Council: Acts of War" and the Yinchorri campaigns! Coleman Trebor works perfect as Theen Fida, Tsu Choi's apprentice during those times when Qui-Gon Jinn was still alive and joined the great Jedi Masters in a huge battle secretly organized by the Sith!

But man, these figures are a dream come true!

And they look like they're exactly what I wanted!

Battle Droid
06-29-2003, 04:54 PM
I want,

Daultay Dofine, Tey How, and Pilot Battle Droid. (On Trade Federation Droid Control Ship Bridge, the "Activate the Droids." scene.)

Jargo
06-29-2003, 09:39 PM
I have a strange question for you all to ponder. During the battle on geonosis many jedi perished a the hands of the droid armies. Some of whom were Jedi masters and council members. If there are jedi left, albeit depleted in numbers surely tyhey would have simply promoted the next in line to the council to keep order. Yet at the end of AOTC we see the council chamber and all the dead jedi council members have had their seats removed. The council chamber is nearly empty of seats. Why would they remove the seats at all? With the exeption of the small seats for Yoda and Yaddle and Even piell, all the seats are of the same designs. Other Jedi masters could have taken up those seats. It's another anomaly. Just thought i'd drop that in as an aside while we're talking Jedi council sets with seats. :D

Carry on chaps.

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-29-2003, 10:04 PM
I have a strange question for you all to ponder. During the battle on geonosis many jedi perished a the hands of the droid armies. Some of whom were Jedi masters and council members. If there are jedi left, albeit depleted in numbers surely tyhey would have simply promoted the next in line to the council to keep order. Yet at the end of AOTC we see the council chamber and all the dead jedi council members have had their seats removed. The council chamber is nearly empty of seats. Why would they remove the seats at all? With the exeption of the small seats for Yoda and Yaddle and Even piell, all the seats are of the same designs. Other Jedi masters could have taken up those seats. It's another anomaly. Just thought i'd drop that in as an aside while we're talking Jedi council sets with seats. :D

Carry on chaps.

Well... the rest of the Jedi council were off discussing the upcoming Darth Sidious 2003 saga figure which we know you just adore Jargo :crazed: :D

On a serious note.. I think it was just too soon after the battle and the top members of the Jedi Council were discussing matters. And maybe the other Jedi knights were still on geonosis cleaning things up? :)

It's kinda like if that comedian who infiltrated your Prince Williams party.. if he'd have wiped out all the Royal Family, I'm sure it'd have been a few weeks before you'd have had Prince Eddy crowned :)

Tycho
06-29-2003, 10:46 PM
Well, Yoda was pretty ticked that he'd lost his padawan to the Dark Side, so maybe he had been throwing all the furniture around the room just prior to that scene? Not likely, so...

Maybe their chairs hover down like Lama Su's on Kamino?

It was not because the High Council Members were killed. Coleman Trebor was, but not all of them.

Mace Windu was standing right there in the room, but you notice in a wide shot that his chair was not there.

So it had nothing to do with whether those Masters were killed.

Shaak-Ti was not killed, as she's a continuing presence in the comic books, but her chair was also not there. But EU aside, Mace is the best evidence, because he was actually both alive at the end of the movie, and in the actual scene - without his chair.

The other possibility is that they were not in the Jedi Council Chambers at all, and just another room that looked like it. There ARE 4 towers that serve as meeting rooms for the Jedi.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-30-2003, 12:18 AM
I am truly grateful towards Hasbro for bringing back Cinema Scenes. Especially when we see many new characters and not rehashes like the Episode I versions. It's been four years since their last release, no?

Unfortunately for me, I did not start collecting Cinema Scenes until 2000. So I missed out on a lot of these babies. But the ones I do have (Jedi Spirits, Skiff Guards, Rebel Pilots) are my favorite features when it comes to collecting. The two-pack 25th Anniversary Sets and the Trash Sets never really enthralled me as much as seeing the pictures of these new sets.

BTW, does anyone know a tenative date for the release of these new Cinema Scenes.

aceguide
06-30-2003, 10:54 AM
These look very cool. I'm looking forward to seeing them "connected."

Tycho
06-30-2003, 02:48 PM
BTW, does anyone know a tenative date for the release of these new Cinema Scenes.

I recall reading that the first sets (Even Piel, Mace Windu, Oppo Rancisis) and (Count Dooku, Poggle the Lesser, and San Hill from the Banking Clan) were going to be released THIS MONTH.

Apparently, Wal*Mart and Target and Toys R Us don't believe in the Star Wars brand name right now, or they have too much older inventory that didn't sell and was shipped back, needs to be shipped back, or clearanced out (or was hidden in the store and still shows on their computer inventory because it wasn't SOLD).

But these first 3-packs and the Hailfire Droid and Geonosian Fighter were all supposed to be in stores by now, along with the 12" Lando Skiff Guard wave, Clone Trooper multi-pack, and the Wat Tambler / Padme Wedding figure wave, plus Obi-Wan vs. Jango Deluxe Wave.

Anyone got these from RETAILERS?

Right....

:rolleyes:

Tycho
06-30-2003, 03:11 PM
I forgot something: Do you think the Jedi will still come with their lightsabers?

There were as recent as the battledroid accessory pack, ways to get extra lightsabers (as well as from carded Jedi who are not using it in some other scene you set them up in) but it would be nice if at least generic lightsabers were included with Oppo, Yarael, Deppa, Even, and Yaddle.

mm74md
07-02-2003, 12:40 PM
Some nice closeups of the 1st War Room set

http://www.takewhole.com/eBay/swroom01.jpg

http://www.takewhole.com/eBay/swroom02.jpg

http://www.takewhole.com/eBay/swroom03.jpg

Want it now???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3137404894