PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Costume

Pendo
06-29-2003, 03:29 PM
What is your favourite constume throughout the whole Star Wars saga?

Mine is either Anakin's costume from Episode II when he is traveling to Naboo with Padmé, or Darth Vaders suit :).

PENDO!

Deoxyribonucleic
06-29-2003, 03:35 PM
Stormtrooper and/or Boushh, I can't pick one or the other so it has to be both :)

Battle Droid
06-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Darth Vader's suit & Stormtrooper suit.

Kidhuman
06-29-2003, 06:00 PM
I liked the Boussh costume and the Biker Scout. Also Dengar looked pretty sweet.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-29-2003, 06:13 PM
Since ESB is the best SW film IMO (lots of acronyms, eh? :p), I have always liked the Bespin Luke fatigues, but also Han's Hoth outfit. As for the Prequel's, maybe Zam Wesell's.

DarthBrandon
06-29-2003, 06:31 PM
Well that's a tough one, If I had to choose one it would be with out a doubt Vader's. I also like the StormTroopers, Han Solo Bespin, Jango Fett, and Palpatines from ATOC.

Exhaust Port
06-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Boy this is a tough one. Vader, Stormtrooper, Jango/Boba Fett, Han Solo Bespin or the Tie Fighter Pilot. I think I would have to say Darth Vader has the most impressive costume.

JediTricks
06-29-2003, 10:30 PM
Luke ROTJ w/out vest but w/ tunic flap open. So of course, the only figure Hasbro makes like this is an over-posed or gimmick-king one. (I'm referring to Final Jedi Duel 3pack and the new Saga one)

Beast
06-29-2003, 10:50 PM
Prequel Costumes:
I'm gonna go with Jar Jar's Senator Outfit from the start of the movie. The one made of all the brightly colored beading with the fancy epelauts. Shame that we don't have a figure of this costume yet. :(

OT Costumes:
I've always liked Princess Leia's Bespin Gown. It just screamed that she was no longer the young girl like in ANH, that she'd finally blossomed into womanhood. Plus it had Han and Lando both drooling over her. She's such a genius. Shame we also don't have a decent figure of this yet. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Two particular costumes stand out for me -- Snowtroopers and The Emperor's Royal Guard.

Both costumes look kind of menacing, you can tell from the looks of them that these are not the type of people to mess around with. The Emperor's Royal Guard by the way is so vivid for me, that even at the age of three, I still picture them in my mind when I think of the first time I saw ROTJ in 1983.

From the Prequels, I will have to pick Amidala's Ceremonial Gown. It is pretty striking and unique.

bobafrett
06-30-2003, 12:35 AM
I'd have to go with the Stormtroopers from the OT.

From the PT, I'd have to say the Jedi robes that Obi Wan, and Mace wore were pretty good looking. I look back on the OT Obi Wans Robes, and they look worn, which they should after all those years.

As far as womens costumes, the white outfit Amidala was wearing when the went to rescue Obi Wan was.............Hot! I also like the costume Leia was wearing in ANH. She had a little "Bounce" to her step.

El Chuxter
06-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Pendo, you misspelled "favorite." :p:crazed:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Leia's metal bikini yet. I figured that'd be a shoo-in for overall favo[u]rite. :)

Pendo
06-30-2003, 03:03 PM
Pendo, you misspelled "favorite." :p:crazed:

Actually ALL Americans spell it wrong :p. The correct "English" way of spelling it is Favourite :).

PENDO!

Exhaust Port
06-30-2003, 03:07 PM
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Leia's metal bikini yet. I figured that'd be a shoo-in for overall favo[u]rite. :)

I was just scrolling down through the responses and the same thought occured to me. You beat me to it. El Chuxter.

Now I would like to offically change me answer to Leia in her Slave Outfit as being my favorite.
:D :stupid: :eek: :kiss:

El Chuxter
06-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Actually ALL Americans spell it wrong :p. The correct "English" way of spelling it is Favourite :).

PENDO!

Actually, thanks to ol' Noah Webster creating "American English," we both spell it right. :D Luckily, Ben Franklin didn't have his way when it came to all silent letters, or the proper American spelling would be "favorit." :eek:

Beast
06-30-2003, 03:13 PM

PENDO!
A'yup. An dat's why we tossed yer tea inta dat dere harbor. Darn Brits wit yer tea and all correct like manner of spellin'. Viva la Coffee. J/K. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
06-30-2003, 03:35 PM
Vader is easy to overlook, as it has really become so engrained in our social psyche, but I'll put him first.

I've always really liked the Bikerscout design over the other troops.

And, naturally, just about anything Padme/Amidala put on. Trisha Biggar outdid herself with most of those designs. Too bad Hasbro is dragging its feet on reproducing all of them in 4" form. I wouldn't mind seeing a return of the larger Deluxe versions either.

Imperialist_14
06-30-2003, 09:44 PM
Vader's and the Biker Scout gets my votes. I also really like Captain Panaka's outfit.

scruffziller
07-01-2003, 08:53 AM
I would have to say Leia's slave girl outfit, Padme's nightgown, and Padme's white Jumpsuit worn going to Geonosis......:crazed:

Oh, okay on a more less drooly note..:D

I would have to say the TIE FIGHTER's suit.

Jayspawn
07-01-2003, 09:57 AM
Darth Vader and the Stormtrooper outfits.

Darth Cruel
07-03-2003, 11:06 AM
the above remembered Slave Bikini of Leia's. And a close runner up is that Elizabethan-looking gown Amidala rolls around with Anakin in in EII. Then I also Think Both of Sio Bibble's costumes look cool as well.

gtrain29
07-05-2003, 12:04 AM
I was going to say the Snowtrooper outfit because I think it is the most fearsome, but then I saw Lowly Bantha Cleaners post, and I must agree, the Emperor's Royal Guard outfit just rocks -- probably my favorite!

The ESB bounty hunter lineup all had cool threads, too.

Imperialist_14
07-05-2003, 01:44 PM
OT: Vader, Biker Scout, Sandtrooper & Veers in AT-AT Battle Armor :)

TPM: Queen Amidala Theed Invasion, Queen Amidala Coruscant, and
Capt. Panaka. and Blue Coruscant Guards :)

AOTC: Clone Troopers, Padme Black Leather Outfit :)

Least Fav Costume: Bail Organa with stupid Elizabethan Collar :stupid:

Hellboy
07-05-2003, 05:39 PM
My favorite costumes all come from the Empire:

- Imperial Stormtrooper
- Emperor's Royal Guard
- Imperial Biker Scout
- Darth Vader

JediTricks
07-06-2003, 12:45 AM
Least Fav Costume: Bail Organa with stupid Elizabethan Collar :stupid:AGREED!!!

It seems like some of these "terror"-based costumes really aren't showing much of anything. The snowtrooper is a half-veiled helmet and a skirt, the Royal Guard is just a simple red helmet and robe.

Darkross
07-08-2003, 10:39 AM
EPISODE 1: Darth Maul
EPISODE II: Anakin's Jedi Costume / Jango Fett
EPISODE III: ?
EPISODE IV: Stormtrooper
EPISODE V: Luke Bespin Fatigues
EPISODE VI: Darth Vader

TheDarthVader
07-08-2003, 12:24 PM
Vader, Chewbacca, royal guard, coruscant guard, amidala senate dress (TPM and AOTC), and luke x-wing pilot.

bobafrett
07-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Chewbacca wasn't a costume. I mean, have you seen Pater Mayhew lately? His mane is getting so long, he would just have to comb it a little differently, and wah-lah instant Chewie!

Sorry, Mr Mayhew, don't clobber me at the next con.

TheDarthVader
07-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Chewbacca wasn't a costume. I mean, have you seen Pater Mayhew lately? His mane is getting so long, he would just have to comb it a little differently, and wah-lah instant Chewie!

Sorry, Mr Mayhew, don't clobber me at the next con.

LOL!!!! :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-09-2003, 10:12 PM
AGREED!!!

It seems like some of these "terror"-based costumes really aren't showing much of anything. The snowtrooper is a half-veiled helmet and a skirt, the Royal Guard is just a simple red helmet and robe.

Simple their costumes may be, but much of the "terror" seems to come from their expressions and actions. The Emperor's Guard especially. It acts almost looks like a machine, with it's robotic walk and movement. We cannot tell what is behind the mask, but whatever it is, seems to be a calculating killer. Plus, the fact it does not carry a laser gun but a more incompassating weapon gives it an air of power and prestige.

aceguide
07-28-2003, 04:05 PM
Han Hoth or Boba.

TheDarthVader
07-28-2003, 06:26 PM
Could you tell me what you liked about Han Hoth? Thanks! :)

jpak001
07-28-2003, 06:56 PM
Very easy! IMO Without a doubt, the coolest costume in Star Wars (or any other flick for that matter) is definitely DARTH VADER !

Seriously, that is one menacing looking character. The most imposing villan in movie history!!!

master jedi
07-28-2003, 07:40 PM
Besides the slave bikini Leia wore in ROTJ my favorite costume would have to be Vaders.

aceguide
07-29-2003, 08:25 AM
Could you tell me what you liked about Han Hoth? Thanks! :)

I should have elaborated.

Hoth rocks. It's my favorite location. I liked all the costumes - rebel and imperial - with Han's being my favorite. The blue/brown mystery coat showed his uniqueness - he's not grabbing one of those uniforms, he has his own cold weather gear. I also like his goggle/mask set up. And then there's the fur - how can you not like the fur. He's also wearing it when he breaks out one of the best lines in the series - "Then I'll see you in..." and when he pulls off one of his best hero moves - saving boy wonder Luke.

It also has a lot to do with the figure. Han Hoth was always the guy I picked first - or chose when I could only have one in the car. Can't really explain why - other than he was cool. I also really like OB1 cold weather. Unfortuantely I have yet to find the Saga Han Hoth.

But I digress.

JediTricks
07-30-2003, 02:30 AM
Owen and Han sure like the word "hell". :D

Bel-Cam Jos
08-02-2003, 09:00 AM
Owen and Han sure like the word "hell". :D
Hell:
Uncle Owen Lars (ANH)
Han Solo (ESB)

Damn:
Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi (ANH)