PDA

View Full Version : Monday June 30th

bobafrett
06-30-2003, 01:47 AM
Well, later on today, I have to do one of the hardest tasks in a parent's life. I will be taking my son back to Florida, to his mom. She has legal custody, but I was fortunate enough to have him with me since Christmas. I know there are a lot of "Fathers" as well as a few "Mom's" here on SSG. I only post this here, because it is theraputic and it helps me deal with some of the painful emotions I will be going through in the next week. My Son says he would like to return in 2 years to attend the high school where I went. For now his mom is fine with it, but she has 2 years in which to change her mind. I love my son just as every parent does, and should.

Thank you,

bobafrett

Kidhuman
06-30-2003, 09:33 AM
I feel for you man. My stepkids have been gone for about two weeks now. They will be back at the end of the week though. My wife is going crazy bcause she misses them. I miss them as well, but there is something about the alone time that I like. But keep your head up, 2 years goes by in a flash

DarthChuckMc
06-30-2003, 09:54 AM
I know how you feel. Only my situation is a little different. My wife and I have been seperated for almost 4 years.
I live in Orlando, FL, she lives in Charleston, WV. The kids have lived with me since we split up in October of 1999.
I usually take them up to WV for X-mas with their Mom. This is the first summer they've went to stay with her.
I'm a little freaked out because we aren't divorced, and if she wanted to to a b****, she could just keep them, and I have no way of getting them back legally.
I'm supposed to pick them up August 5th. If I remember this thread is here, I'll post what happens.

On a lighter note.

Enjoy Florida Bobafrett. It's supposed to be pretty hot and sunny today and tomorrow. Hit the beach, take in some rays, hit on hot chicks :)

bobafrett
07-03-2003, 01:23 AM
Well, I got back into Chicago about three this afternoon. My son and I drove about 800 miles, or just past Atlanta Georgia. We stopped there for the night, then drove the remaining 400 plus miles to his moms place in Orlando. After I unpacked the car of his toys and clothes, I said good-bye, and proceeded to drive all the way back home, driving on through the night and all the way until three this afternoon. I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes focused on the screen, so I'll just have to see what's new in the morning. Didn't have much time to hit the beach or hit on any girls.

I know what you mean DarthChuckMc, we were never married, and broke up when my son was 2. She dissapperead off to Florida just after his 5th birthday, February 28, 1996. I didn't see my son again until June 12th, 1999, when they made an appearance in town. Since we were never married every attorney I spoke with told me just to hold out, and eventually my son would reach an age where he would seek me out. Then about a year and a half ago, I got a call from my son's mom. It seems that the guy she married and moved to Florida with, had left her. Since then I have flown down to Florida to see my son, and have driven 4 times round trip. He stayed with me last summer, then flew back up for Chriistmas, and called his mom to tell her that he wanted to go to school up here. She said yes, so I have had him until I dropped him off Tuesday evening.

Old Fossil
07-06-2003, 09:21 AM
Well, I got back into Chicago about three this afternoon. My son and I drove about 800 miles, or just past Atlanta Georgia. We stopped there for the night, then drove the remaining 400 plus miles to his moms place in Orlando. After I unpacked the car of his toys and clothes, I said good-bye, and proceeded to drive all the way back home, driving on through the night and all the way until three this afternoon. I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes focused on the screen, so I'll just have to see what's new in the morning. Didn't have much time to hit the beach or hit on any girls.

I know what you mean DarthChuckMc, we were never married, and broke up when my son was 2. She dissapperead off to Florida just after his 5th birthday, February 28, 1996. I didn't see my son again until June 12th, 1999, when they made an appearance in town. Since we were never married every attorney I spoke with told me just to hold out, and eventually my son would reach an age where he would seek me out. Then about a year and a half ago, I got a call from my son's mom. It seems that the guy she married and moved to Florida with, had left her. Since then I have flown down to Florida to see my son, and have driven 4 times round trip. He stayed with me last summer, then flew back up for Chriistmas, and called his mom to tell her that he wanted to go to school up here. She said yes, so I have had him until I dropped him off Tuesday evening.

My parents divorced when I was 13. That was almost twenty years ago, and I still remember "who did what to whom." I think those attorneys were right about what they said regarding your son. Nothing his mom can say can erase those good memories he has of you, and he will remember especially how you've worked hard to be a father to him.

Sounds like you are doing the best in a hard and unfair situation. So many fathers would just shrug it off and not make that extra-extra effort to see their children! I know your son loves you for it now and will love you even more for it, as he grows older.

bobafrett
07-06-2003, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the nice words Twodot Tatooine. My parents got divorced when I was 9. My dad was too much into his work. Now days, he doesn't even call me. If I want to talk to him, I have to call. I think it's the fact that it makes me so mad that he has enough money to pick up the phone every now and then to just say "hi", but doesn't, that makes me go that extra mile for my son. I didn't go to the fireworks this year, because it would have been to painful not to see my son enjoying them with me.

mabudonicus
07-09-2003, 09:40 AM
Hey man, I will just add my story as it kind of fits.... My mom and dad "seperated" when I was 9 or so...it was a real messy affir, we had been evicted from our family home, my mom had been freaking out and trying to kill my dad for months... the las time I ever spoke to my dad was to answer the phone (right after having returned home from grade 3 to find all our furniture on the front lawn) and have my mother rip the phone out of my hands and scream "we never wanna see you again, the kids hate you and so do I"
That was it, man, never saw him again.... his family doesn't know where he is, I have sorta tried a bit to find him online.....
Anyways, just whatever you do, don't let it get turned into a "you against her" thing for the kids... if she wants to do it, so be it, but try to avoid it... Despite all the things my mom said and did (including beating me once my dad was no longer around for that purpose), I remember my dad as a pretty funny guy who did TONS of stuff with me and NEVER freaked out.... If I knew where he was, I'd contact him, and if he were to come back into my life now, I'd make sure to let him know without question that I don't think it was exclusively his fault or hers, just how the thing was dealt with sucks........
I guess this is more of a "worst case scenario" example, man, you really must focus on the good, don't let parts of any situation mess up any other parts of it, isolate the contamination so-to-speak...
I don't have kids so I can't understand from your perspective, but I did see it happen from the ground, if ya know what I mean.
Really sorry to read the situation, BF, be cool and it'll work out fine... remember, once your kids grow up, no-one tells em who's what, I know this from experience