PDA

View Full Version : No location shooting!!!

Pendo
06-30-2003, 04:07 AM
From Insider #69: There will be NO location shooting for Epiosde III!!!

Is it just me or will ALL sets now look totaly artifical? Some of my favourite locations in the Star Wars movies are the real ones, Theed Palace, Tatooine, Endor and Hoth... Why no location shooting for Ep3 :(?

PENDO!

Beast
06-30-2003, 04:10 AM
Well, think of what we know about E3. Basically all of the sets are going to be ones that appeared before in the PT and OT films, except for a couple. And the ones that are new, from the rumors, couldn't be found in the real world anyway. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-30-2003, 04:54 AM
It doesn't bother me at all. :) I love some of the locations in TPM and AOTC but with Episode III I'm hoping for a more dark and mechanical look . . . kinda like that new corridor shot of Ani that Pendo! posted. :) Lots of cool ship sets with a "cold Death Star / Star Destroyer" feel combined with lots of Coruscant shots plus the lava (or whatever) planet and I think we'll be fine.

Of course, now that Rena Owen is back as Taun We I guess Kamino is a possibility but I'm thinking maybe she'll be in Coruscant to address the Senate? :confused:

plo koon 200
06-30-2003, 03:25 PM
This concerns me somewhat :stupid: but I hope most of the film takes place on non-CGI sets. If it does then it will be good. I do not like the CGI-feel that much except in some parts of Coruscant but I hope to god we don't see a CGI forest. That will make me puke.

icatch9
06-30-2003, 03:34 PM
This is interesting news, but bothers me that we won't see Tatooine. Sure they can CGI it up, but I was expecting an Obi Wan to drop the kids off at the Lars family homestead. Guess they still could, do it all inside, but it's not the same.

Should be interesting to see a movie of this calibur, fillmed all inside.

Beast
06-30-2003, 03:43 PM
Remember, one shot for Epsiode III was filmed during Episode II filming. And that was of Obi-Wan on Tatooine with a bundle. Which is probably the infant skywalker. It would be easy to complete the shot in CGI post. Since the actual Lars Homestead set can be constructed on set. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
06-30-2003, 03:49 PM
This doesn't mean we won't see Tatooine. Supposedly, they filmed an Episode 3 scene while they were filming ATOC.

I don't really know exactly which scenes are CGI and which are shot on location. The CGI feel to ATOC during the Geonosis and Coruscant scenes bothered me. TPM felt more realistic (visually) to me, so what do I know? Of course, with the constant improvements in technology, it may not make a difference weather they shoot the film on location or use CGI.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-30-2003, 07:37 PM
Well, they shouldn't have to go back to Naboo, which uses mostly location shots. Only Obi-Wan will go to Tatooine, and only for a few minutes. I heard most of it (the action, anyway) will take place on Dagobah, and that's a set anyway. Some of the Tantive IV will apparently be on here, so that's obviously a set as well. (Most of this, I got from AICN.) So they can use sets and CGI, they don't need location shots.

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Remember, one shot for Epsiode III was filmed during Episode II filming. And that was of Obi-Wan on Tatooine with a bundle. Which is probably the infant skywalker. It would be easy to complete the shot in CGI post. Since the actual Lars Homestead set can be constructed on set. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

How do you know that's the scene they filmed? I mean, I think it probably is that.. I've just never seen it confirmed or anything.

Any help here would be hot :)

Beast
06-30-2003, 09:24 PM
If I recall correctly, there was even a picture of the scene in the Insider back when E2 was in production where they explained the shot and Lucas said they did it so they wouldn't have to fly to Tunisia again, for one shot. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks