View Full Version : Cool

Pendo
06-30-2003, 03:12 AM
:D

From the webcam...

PENDO!

Beast
06-30-2003, 03:24 AM
Woah, is that Hayden in his new Jedi outfit? Damn the glove looks so shades of Darth Vader. :eek: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-30-2003, 03:27 AM
I like the idea of a shaggier cut (no mullet :D ) and I hope that goofy look on his face is just bad timing. :crazed:

The gloved hand rules, it beats that goofy looking robot hand.

Hmmmmmmm, if he's going to be running around in Vader-esque costumes, they're going to have to chop off his legs at the end of the movie or somethin because he's gonna look way to small. :crazed:

Hayden rocks. :)

Beast
06-30-2003, 03:32 AM
Well, remember that Lucas has said that his legs were fully robotic. So if he falls into a melting pit or somthing, he could easily loose everything below the torso and still survive. I guess we'll know when the movie finally comes out. After this image, I wish the wait wasn't so long. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-30-2003, 03:49 AM
:eek: EVERYTHING below the torso? :eek:
Ouch Binksy, very ouch. :crazed:

Okay, I've been laying low lately on the Episode III Spoilers but all of these recent pics now have me officially geeked! :)

Beast
06-30-2003, 03:55 AM
Well, how else do you explain Anakin going from a whiny emotionally troubled young man to the great despot of the galaxy. I would think loosing somthing like that would push Anakin over the edge, don't you. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
06-30-2003, 03:56 AM

Why do you think he's very grumpy as Vader?

With his haircut, Ani looks like one of the hobbits on LOTR :crazed:.

PENDO!

Pendo
06-30-2003, 06:31 AM
Hmmm... just noticed. No Padawan braid...

Is he a knight? Been kicked off the order? Refusing to wear it?

PENDO!

scruffziller
06-30-2003, 08:54 AM
It looks like they are trying to make him look a little like Luke from ANH.

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-30-2003, 10:23 AM
Anakin is a Padawan in Episode III... this scene is from the end where he becomes Darth Vader, he rids himself of his Padawan Braid and his Jedi Haircut and becomes Darth Vader. :)

Trust me, I know ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-30-2003, 01:41 PM
Nice pic!! Once again you pull through w/ quality photos, Pendo!! Thanks ya!!

And yes, i'm expecting Merry or Pip to walk by and hand him an apple or something. Get a haircut, freakin' hippie!! :crazed:

plo koon 200
06-30-2003, 02:16 PM
I just love the new look. I can imagine what is happening in that scene. His new look is awesome. I disagree. He does not look like a hobbit he looks like a young He-Man from the film version of Masters of the Universe.

JEDIpartner
06-30-2003, 03:12 PM
Holy Crap! He's turning into Michael Jackson!!! :rolleyes:

Battle Droid
06-30-2003, 03:24 PM
www.aintitcoolnews.com already got in trouble for posting that picture or got a Cease and Desist letter from Lucasfilm at least, telling them to remove it, I hope you don't Pendo. :p

Pendo
06-30-2003, 03:48 PM
I hope I don't too... But they're most likely to contact SirSteve because my e-mail address and username on StarWars.com is different that that I use on SSG :D. If Steve wants to avoid trouble and remove it then please do :).

PENDO!

stillakid
06-30-2003, 04:16 PM
www.aintitcoolnews.com already got in trouble for posting that picture or got a Cease and Desist letter from Lucasfilm at least, telling them to remove it, I hope you don't Pendo. :p

Some good news (if true) in there, BD. Thanks for the heads up!

The Wookie thing tells me that Lucas is trying to stuff in those older concepts that were altered for one reason or another. We'll see how well he can shoe-horn these types of elements in.

Dagobah?! What the hay is that all about? Pray that this is nothing more than rumor.

The "loose ends" comment piqued my interest. I think it's rubbish and impossible to tie up the problems, but we'll see.

The fees comment was interesting. I was under the impression that Lucas was bankrolling this thing himself? So why allocate a fee beyond the gravytrain of net return? Seems strange to me.

Any news on a co-screenwriter for Episode III? I mean, somebody who actually has permission to do something instead of saying, "Yeah, George, that's a great idea!"? :rolleyes:

Brainiak76
06-30-2003, 05:28 PM
SWWWEET PIC!! man vader is coming along quite nicely!!! And the glove is dope!!

man pics like this only fuel the fire even more and there is way to much time to waste b4 this acutlly comes out!

Beast
06-30-2003, 05:40 PM
It sounds like this is a costume test, from about a week or so ago, that they were watching. Because the image fits part of one of the web diary entries. :)

George musses with Hayden's hair a bit. The tidy look is apparently too tidy, so they break up the hair slightly. Key Hairdresser Annette Miles is on hand to carefully track all of their suggestions. A scar added by makeup isn't reading well enough on the monitors, so Nikki Gooley and her crew thicken it up to make this particular trophy of the Clone Wars more visible.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-30-2003, 06:27 PM
Whoa, will he have the face scar from ROTJ? Cool! This pic is awesome! Thanks Pendo, even though now I'm thinking about subscribing to Hyperspace. . .

Beast
06-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Hyperspace has been amazingly worth it so far, from everything that's been posted. It already blows away anything that could be contained in an issue of the Insider. And it's cheaper. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-30-2003, 07:55 PM
Hyperspace sounds cool, I wonder how much spoilers they'll actually give away. :)

plo koon 200
06-30-2003, 08:26 PM
Now that filming has begun I am much more satisfied with Hyperspace. You sure were right Jar Jar.

Jedi Clint
07-01-2003, 12:00 AM
The picture was from an actual scene being filmed according to the new entry in Hyperspace. Anakin and Obi Wan walking along in front of the "ELEVATOR LOBBY" and "HALLWAY" set talking to one another.

This was the only stage used for shooting (on this the first day), and that means the set we see behind Anakin is the one described above as an elevator lobby/hallway.

There was a question raised about the placement of lightsabers during the filming for continuity sakes. I seriously doubt that they would "walk" down a hallway together and have a conversation while dueling, so this is probably a scene where the two are at least on speaking terms. That bit of information blows one of my main theories completely apart...but I'll get to that later. The saber placement issue is probably about where on their person those sabers reside.

R2 had a scene or scenes on this same set.

Anakin had to avoid some obstacles on this set because his cloak gets caught on an "outcropping".

Also today a 10 year old described as a "padawan" did some combat training......not shooting related.

George wrote a new scene in a set that was already on the schedule with Bail Organa that involves a new costume for an existing character.

From the next Insider:

No rematch between Yoda and Dooku though both will have their own fights.

The major focus is the breakdown in friendship between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

The focus of the film further confirms what we learn from the above. They start the film on speaking terms and end it as enemies. I had previously suggested that they wouldn't meet up in E3 until the duel.....I no longer consider this a possibility. I think George is focusing on Anakin's feelings as expressed in AOTC. He feels Obi Wan is too critical of him, and he feels that the learning process that Obi Wan subjects him to is in essence holding him back from his true potential.

Confirmed by Hyperspace diary entries and web cam images:

Padme and Anakin are still keeping their relationship a secret.

C-3PO got his gold plating.

Pendo
07-01-2003, 03:30 AM
I'm curious to find out how Anakin gets his scar. I persumed that he would get it from his duel with Obi, but if he's got it while talking to him the he probably get it before then. I guess I'll have to wait for the movie to find out though :rolleyes:...

PENDO!

Beast
07-01-2003, 04:39 AM
I think the cheek scar is probably which one he gets during the Clone Wars. The large head slash, is most likely from Obi-Wan's Lighstaber during their duel. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
07-01-2003, 12:22 PM
I wonder what C-3PO did to get his gold platings. I always heard that he does something "heroic" in order to be brandished in gold. I hope the movie fills us in!!

Pendo
07-01-2003, 01:14 PM
This picture is from StarWars.com, I think it gives a good look at one of the sets :). I think this set looks awsome, deffo reminiscent of the OT :).

PENDO!

InsaneJediGirl
07-01-2003, 10:31 PM
Nice pictures,Thanks Pendo :D

Love that Jedi/Vaderish/whatever outfit,cant wait to see the entire thing.

Dferguson
07-03-2003, 03:49 AM
Awesome pictures cant wait for the movie to be released
I might subscribe to hyperspace just for the webcam and diarys for on the set

The Overlord Returns
07-03-2003, 11:36 AM
I don't know....I highly doubt anakin starts the film in an outfit so clearly evil ;)

However....this dagobah thing troubles me as well Stilla.......I would have thought one quick scene near the end of the film......unless the whole "Naboo becomes Dagobah" theory holds some water.....

As for the wookies....an obvious parallel is coming from the battle of endor........will we be seeing the Battle of Kaashyyk??

Beast
07-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Naboo isn't Dagobah, they are in a different system. They showed where they are in relation to each other on a planetary map that came with the insider. And Naboo officially still exists, since Lucasfilm allowed it in the Star Wars Galaxies game that takes place after EIV. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
07-03-2003, 12:03 PM
Yes, and in the novelization for ROTJ Owen is Obi Wans brother....yada yada yada.........

I'm not saying I want this to happen.......

stillakid
07-03-2003, 12:51 PM
I don't know....I highly doubt anakin starts the film in an outfit so clearly evil ;)

However....this dagobah thing troubles me as well Stilla.......I would have thought one quick scene near the end of the film......unless the whole "Naboo becomes Dagobah" theory holds some water.....

As for the wookies....an obvious parallel is coming from the battle of endor........will we be seeing the Battle of Kaashyyk??

In general, I personally haven't been enamored with Lucas's attempts to connect and give background information into so many of the OT elements. Some are fine, when properly motivated, but when it is gratuitous, it's annoying. Like Jango for instance. AOTC could easily have been done without concocting a half-hearted connection to please the Boba Fett Fan Club. And the same goes for Tatooine. Not only does it create all sorts of story problems if it is shown at the end of Ep III (with the baby), but it just isn't necessary in the first place. Gratuitous is the only word that really describes it.

So, when talking about Dagobah, (and I don't believe those silly rumors about it being Naboo anyway), it would be insanely stupid for George to "work it in." I mean, why? What purpose would it serve?

Do we really need to see lil' Chewy? Lil' Han? For cryin' out loud, George, give us a break! Get Nickelodeon on the horn if you want to do a rehash of Muppet Babies with your own characters, but leave this nonsense off the big screen already.

The Overlord Returns
07-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Well...chewie would hardly be little.............don't wookies live for something like 300 years?

stillakid
07-03-2003, 01:00 PM
Well...chewie would hardly be little.............don't wookies live for something like 300 years?

Yeah, I know, I was makin' a smart-arse point. ;) Maybe we'll get to see some more of Life Day. :eek:

The Overlord Returns
07-03-2003, 01:05 PM
Maybe we'll get to see some more of Life Day. :eek:

*shudder* let us never speak of this again.......

Honestly, the inclusion of chewie sounds like it might be making some sense........if we're going to see wookies at war...it's entirely feasible that Chewbacca would be among them.

stillakid
07-03-2003, 03:24 PM
*shudder* let us never speak of this again.......

Honestly, the inclusion of chewie sounds like it might be making some sense........if we're going to see wookies at war...it's entirely feasible that Chewbacca would be among them.

Uh, yeah, sure. Can we request a very special announcement scene like the one R2 had in TPM:

Trumpets blare

COMMANDER: What is his designation?

Soldier checks the Wookie's dogta...er, uh, wookie-tags.

SOLDIER: He is Chew-bacca, sir.

(audience cheers in nostalic reminiscence then give the person sitting next to each of them a hug and some joo joo bees.)

Jedi Clint
07-03-2003, 03:47 PM

His clothing may be darker, but I wouldn't consider it "evil". In fact in the elevator shaft sequence, Anakin's robes still appeared dark brown. A recent set diary also described the sequence obviously prior to that one, which has Obi Wan and Anakin riding in the elevator together. Why would they stand side by side in an elevator if Anakin is "clearly evil"?

The Overlord Returns
07-03-2003, 04:02 PM
Uh, yeah, sure. Can we request a very special announcement scene like the one R2 had in TPM:

Trumpets blare

COMMANDER: What is his designation?

Soldier checks the Wookie's dogta...er, uh, wookie-tags.

SOLDIER: He is Chew-bacca, sir.

(audience cheers in nostalic reminiscence then give the person sitting next to each of them a hug and some joo joo bees.)

See...you've already judged the thing before seeing it play out on scene......you've programmed yourself not to like it.....

stillakid
07-03-2003, 07:08 PM
See...you've already judged the thing before seeing it play out on scene......you've programmed yourself not to like it.....

Nah. If George does do another "HERE IS A FAVORITE CHARACTER FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD" moment, then yeah, sure, it'll be annoying, but if he manages to write a competent screenplay which logically integrates the wookie then great! :)

Jargo
07-08-2003, 06:14 AM
The original idea of an Imperial incursion on Kashyyk may be reworked. Wookies against technology. The wookiees were taught to fly starfighters in George's original story and this may be used yet. Chewbacca is a very competent pilot after all so it makes sense that he learnt hi skills somewhere, Why not in a starfighter trained by 'rebel' forces? I'd love to see Chewie and a load of Wookiees fly into battle. All that aggression and some fancy flying. A nod to Paploo and the out of control speeder bike but this time with a careless and reckless Wookiee in control of a machine of death. I'm liking the inclusion of the Wookiee. In the original story Bail organa had a fleet of starfighters he'd been amassing as a precaution against palpatines machinations and schemes. He was helped by Mon Mothma. Organa's palace guard and sympathisers from other planets were the first rebels.
I dunno, I have a feeling that george will be pulling a lot of his old backstory into play and a lot of stuff from early drafts of the saga.

JEDIpartner
07-08-2003, 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally Posted by The Overlord Returns
I don't know....I highly doubt anakin starts the film in an outfit so clearly evil ;) Films are generally shot out-of-sequence, so that's probably the case here... just a note.

As for the points Jargo has brought up... I think they are really good ones. There is some amazing backstory that George has not yet used. It would make sense that Bail and Mon Mothma are up to something as a scene was shot that involved a group of senators that included the two of them. I think it would be cool if there was a huge space battle involving the republic forces and Bail's starfleet. This would be a great time for Obi-Wan to make way with the children and get them to their respective destinations.

The Overlord Returns
07-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Does the winky smiley mean NOTHING these days????? ;)

JEDIpartner
07-08-2003, 10:53 AM
My note was posted for those who are less knowledgable than you, my friend... ;)

Deoxyribonucleic
07-08-2003, 12:16 PM
He looks like a girl in that picture!

:confused:

TheDarthVader
07-08-2003, 12:48 PM
Yes, I think it would be cool to see wookies piloting starfighters!!

plo koon 200
07-08-2003, 01:32 PM
He looks like a girl in that picture!

:confused:

You have quite the imagination. I don't see any breasts. However, his hair is long but to messy to be a girls. I think, anyways.

Jargo
07-08-2003, 07:25 PM
I don't know....I highly doubt anakin starts the film in an outfit so clearly evil ;) Films are generally shot out-of-sequence, so that's probably the case here... just a note.

As for the points Jargo has brought up... I think they are really good ones. There is some amazing backstory that George has not yet used. It would make sense that Bail and Mon Mothma are up to something as a scene was shot that involved a group of senators that included the two of them. I think it would be cool if there was a huge space battle involving the republic forces and Bail's starfleet. This would be a great time for Obi-Wan to make way with the children and get them to their respective destinations.
Over on rebelscum they posted an article from a European magazine and it was an interview with Mayhew:

"After Peter talked about Episode IIIís script, Robin asked Peter on the role that Chewbacca will play. I liked what Peter said. Peter replied, ďI was told by George Lucas that I would be playing a large part in the story including the delivering of two twin babies and playing a role in a major battle scene that involves many war machines. Sadly, I have not read those sequences of the script yet.Ē After a small bit of Robin comparing the Original trilogy to the Prequel trilogy, she asked Peter how well he liked the parts of the script that he had seen. Peter says, ďAgain, I havenít really seen the complete script. Lucas only gives us copies for that days shooting. But from what Iíve seen, it looks good. Of course, I really donít have any lines (he laughs). Lucas has really changed his writing style from back when he wrote the original trilogy. He is much bolder and willing to push the envelope in both settings and dialogue. In fact, the opening action scene involving many Wookiees takes place on one of the many new planets seen in this movie.""

Which just goes to prove my point about lucas using the plot point of the starfighting Wookiees who in the original script treatment did battle with imperial tanks and then after wining the battle were taught to fly by the Obi-Wan figure. Lucas may have changed things round a bit and have Anakin teach them or something but it's definately sounding like the same scenes. I have a feeling Padme may be captured. Held in a space station prison. Anakin and Obi go after her and are almost captured but manage to rescue the pregnant padme who has been tortured. and at some point the Wookiees attack an almost Imperial prison space station. It will precede the battle of yavin as a counterpoint. A smaller scale battle with many casualties.
Basically if you go and find the treatment for the first movie written in 1973 it will outline the plot for episode three perfectly. You need to adjust your mind for stuff that we already know from the movies and character names will be different in places but basically it's all there writen so long ago and by the sound of it all being used. ;)

stillakid
07-08-2003, 07:29 PM
God help us.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-08-2003, 07:35 PM
God help us.

I'm with you Stilla!!! Except to say this, God help George Lucas! ;)

stillakid
07-08-2003, 07:41 PM
Peter replied, ďI was told by George Lucas that I would be playing a large part in the story including the delivering of two twin babies and playing a role in a major battle scene that involves many war machines.

I mean, what the F is that shiite all about!? :eek: :dead: :mad: :stupid: Wookies delivering the babies?!?!?!?!?! It's dumb enough that he has to shove that gratuitous shot of lil' baby Luke going to Tatooine, but to have a gratuitous inclusion of lil' Chewy shoved in there too! As part of that action!?!?!

The only hope we have is that Lucas is up to his ol' tricks of feeding actors dummy scripts in order to throw off the spoiler seekers.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-08-2003, 07:51 PM
The only hope we have is that Lucas is up to his ol' tricks of feeding actors dummy scripts in order to throw off the spoiler seekers.

I wish. Unfortunately, he's just that bad of a writer! :zzz:

That gobblygook seems right up his alley for these precraps...er...prequels LOL ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-08-2003, 07:53 PM
I must say i find it troubling that many folks are already complaining about stuff we haven't seen yet. You can complain and complain, but fact of the matter is, you have no just reason to cry about anything when you haven't seen it yet.

As for "Wookies Delivering Babies?!??!?" I think that has been brought up before saying that Chewie delivers (maybe rescues, i don't know) the twins to Obi-wan who then takes Leia to Organa and Luke to Uncle Owen. This would explain how Obi-Wan and Chewie were very friendly w/ each other in ANH, as they were somewhat friends in the Clone Wars.

God forbid Lucas do what he wants to his own creations. :D

Deoxyribonucleic
07-08-2003, 08:10 PM

of course that's cool, but that doesn't mean that I have to like it ya know (this is said in a nice, non-confrontational voice ;) ).

I've seen what he did with ep1 and ep2, I didn't really like them and I can pretty much bet that I won't like ep3 all that much either, especially since the same drab, boring actors are going to be in it. I'm just stating my opinion on what I so far think of ep3, in an ep3 thread, it's not meant as a personal attack on anyone, I promise! :)

:) :) :) :)

Jedi Clint
07-08-2003, 08:16 PM

Yeah, they shoot them out of sequence, but as I said before - Why would Anakin and Obi Wan be walking, talking, and sharing an elevator if Anakin is "clearly evil"?

This news about Chewie is terrible. :mad:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-08-2003, 09:12 PM
of course that's cool, but that doesn't mean that I have to like it ya know (this is said in a nice, non-confrontational voice ;) ).

I've seen what he did with ep1 and ep2, I didn't really like them and I can pretty much bet that I won't like ep3 all that much either, especially since the same drab, boring actors are going to be in it. I'm just stating my opinion on what I so far think of ep3, in an ep3 thread, it's not meant as a personal attack on anyone, I promise! :)

:) :) :) :)

oh, don't worry, I didn't think you were being confrontational and were starting a rumble...cause you would lose...for my ally is the force, and a power ally is it. ;) lol j/k!! :D

I agree that the first episode was kinda bleh, but i think it's a work in progress. I loved Ep. 2 but can totally understand why others hated it. I have high hopes for Ep 3 cause up till now, everything else is just filler. This is what sets a lot (if not all) of the OT into motion, the birth of Vader. I think it'll be an awesome film. I just think that it may sound goofy, but how it looks on screen maybe totally different. We shall see in 2005!! :)

stillakid
07-08-2003, 10:25 PM
I must say i find it troubling that many folks are already complaining about stuff we haven't seen yet. You can complain and complain, but fact of the matter is, you have no just reason to cry about anything when you haven't seen it yet.
#1. Nobody is "crying."
#2. If someone posts something, we have the right to comment upon it. No?

As for "Wookies Delivering Babies?!??!?" I think that has been brought up before saying that Chewie delivers (maybe rescues, i don't know) the twins to Obi-wan who then takes Leia to Organa and Luke to Uncle Owen. This would explain how Obi-Wan and Chewie were very friendly w/ each other in ANH, as they were somewhat friends in the Clone Wars.
Why, praytell, is it necessary for Chewbacca, of all characters, to A) have his history told in the Prequels, and B) be tied in so tight to the primary action? He was a sidekick for cryin' out loud. A "B" character who was there to fulfill his little bit and then disappear into the woodwork, just like Bib Fortuna or General Madine.

Plus, what's this BS about Chewy and Obi Wan being "friendly" with each other in the Cantina? Old Ben was looking for a ship and he started talking to Chewy. So what you're saying is that if Chewy and Obi hadn't had a prior relationship some 40 years prior, Chewy would have ripped the old man's head off? Chewy was being "nice" to the guy because he was a potential customer. That's all. That's it. Geesh. :rolleyes:

He may do whatever he wants, for certain. He can even shoot the film then scratch the entire negative before the wide release if he chooses. Does that mean that that decision is a good idea?

Deoxyribonucleic
07-08-2003, 10:59 PM
This is what sets a lot (if not all) of the OT into motion, the birth of Vader. I think it'll be an awesome film. I just think that it may sound goofy, but how it looks on screen maybe totally different. We shall see in 2005!! :)

This is true. I suppose I should have a little faith eh? ;) I must agree, two is better than one, so maybe three will be better than two, which makes three also better than one :) I Know this movie has the potential to be GRAND, I just hope GL realizes this and doesn't pull a Jar Jar or a "love scene" hehe ;)

I crumble at your force powers JMG but "I'll be back!" ;)

2-1B
07-09-2003, 02:26 AM
I think it would fit just fine to show a past connection between Chewie and Obi-Wan, but I'm tellin' ya -

don't be so concerned with what Mayhew says! :rolleyes:
I've watched that guy play the role of "bitter prequel critic" on the convention circuit and then when the topic of a possible role in another SW movie came up, he was suddenly Lucas' biggest fan.
I see the exact same thing in his quote about Lucas' writing
style or whatever . . .

If anything, Chewie will probably be indirectly involved in a third party way but Mayhew feels the need to puff up his importance.
That's my theory. :D

stillakid
07-09-2003, 08:37 AM
If anything, Chewie will probably be indirectly involved in a third party way but Mayhew feels the need to puff up his importance.
That's my theory. :D

Sounds like the stories from Prowse. I know that these guys are proud (?) to have been a part of the films, but it kind of feels like they are hanging on like leeches a bit. No? Kinda sad actually. :(

plo koon 200
07-09-2003, 11:58 AM
Anthony Daniels is kind of the same way. But, he is a very nice guy so I do not mean any offense to him.

The Overlord Returns
07-09-2003, 12:33 PM
Gotta take this with several grains of salt........I certainly hope that Chewbacca does NOT deliver the twins.....although.....it just occurred to me...maybe he actually delivers them...you know...from the womb.....

Anyhow...I have no problems witht he wookies getting into a huge battle.....I have a feeling it would be quite the spectacle.....although, having a jedi train them is a little too "fremen/mua dib" for my liking.

Jargo
07-09-2003, 03:08 PM
Gotta take this with several grains of salt........I certainly hope that Chewbacca does NOT deliver the twins.....although.....it just occurred to me...maybe he actually delivers them...you know...from the womb.....

Anyhow...I have no problems witht he wookies getting into a huge battle.....I have a feeling it would be quite the spectacle.....although, having a jedi train them is a little too "fremen/mua dib" for my liking.
Well, i was just hypothesisng there. I'm not agin the Wookiees getting into battle against many war machines, in fact it would please me to see large hairy 'savages' waging war with ferocity rather than the care bears of ROTJ. The chance to then get some lovely Wookiee figures thrills me beyond thrills. The Gungans failed to satisfy, the Jedi of AOTC were not that impressive to me. But big shaggy monkey/dog/bears with blasters is an altogether more enticing prospect. I can live without the Luke adoption sequence and all the Spielbergesque schmaltz it implies. I just want to see Anakin get mad and go nuts and some serious fighting. I want to see palpatine really twisting the knife into the republic and Organa crapping himself and starting the rebellion on its journey into the darkness of the days of Empire. I want to see the Jedi routed. Civillisations destroyed and Yoda scurry away like a frog on a highway caught in a huge oncoming rig's headlights. :D
Let's have some seriously diabolical dark fun in this movie please Georgie boy.

stillakid
07-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Well, i was just hypothesisng there. I'm not agin the Wookiees getting into battle against many war machines, in fact it would please me to see large hairy 'savages' waging war with ferocity rather than the care bears of ROTJ. The chance to then get some lovely Wookiee figures thrills me beyond thrills. The Gungans failed to satisfy, the Jedi of AOTC were not that impressive to me. But big shaggy monkey/dog/bears with blasters is an altogether more enticing prospect. I can live without the Luke adoption sequence and all the Spielbergesque schmaltz it implies. I just want to see Anakin get mad and go nuts and some serious fighting. I want to see palpatine really twisting the knife into the republic and Organa crapping himself and starting the rebellion on its journey into the darkness of the days of Empire. I want to see the Jedi routed. Civillisations destroyed and Yoda scurry away like a frog on a highway caught in a huge oncoming rig's headlights. :D
Let's have some seriously diabolical dark fun in this movie please Georgie boy.

I second that motion...pleeeeease!

Get Michael Bay on the horn....