PDA

View Full Version : Bonnie Piese

2-1B
06-30-2003, 04:21 AM
Is Beru coming back for Episode III ? :confused:

The official site listed Joel Edgerton as Owen Lars but I didn't notice Beru yet . . . I guess it doesn't matter anyway since George cut her down to an insulting "hello" in the last movie. :rolleyes:

Pendo
06-30-2003, 06:25 AM
I don't think Aunt Beru would be needed. All we need to see is a small (2 minute?) scene of Obi-Wan handing over Luke to Owen.

PENDO!

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-30-2003, 10:17 AM
I don't think Aunt Beru would be needed. All we need to see is a small (2 minute?) scene of Obi-Wan handing over Luke to Owen.

PENDO!

But who will hand out the blue milk? :sur: :crazed:

scruffziller
06-30-2003, 10:22 AM

I guess it doesn't matter anyway since George cut her down to an insulting "hello" in the last movie. :rolleyes:

Yea I agree. When the scene was over, I thought, "What the.......:frus:"
There wasn't even a deleted scene with an extension of her prescence.

Jek Porky 2002
07-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Was there going to be more from Bonnie in Episode II then, I just thought that 'hello' was it!

kdp100
07-02-2003, 04:08 AM
Was there going to be more from Bonnie in Episode II then, I just thought that 'hello' was it!

I don't know if it was ever filmed, but I think there was a scene in the AOTC novel where Beru & Padme have a heart-to-heart in the Lars homestead kitchen about their hopes for the future.

There are certainly scenes in one of the earliest chapters of the novel where the reader is treated to a description of a four-way food-fight between Shmi, Cliegg, Owen and Beru.... I very much doubt that THAT scene was ever filmed, though!
;)

EDIT - I've just had a look at that script that was available from SuperShadow's site about a month before AOTC was released, and I see that Beru did have at least one other line at one point, just as Anakin brings Shmi's body home:

BERU (V.O.)
Come topside, everybody! He's
back! He's back!

Pendo
07-02-2003, 05:17 AM
I remember hearing a spoiler about Beru talking to Padmé and mentioning that she can't have children. I thought this would have been heart warming as Padmé may request that she looks after Luke when he's in hiding from Vader :).

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
07-02-2003, 08:56 AM
I agree. That would have given the saga a little more "heart." From what I understood, both Joel and Bonnie were a little more than surprised when they saw what little there was left of their performances when the film came out. Both actors were on the talk circuit drumming up interest in the film and spoke of many scenes in which Beru and Owen spoke and interacted with Anakin and Padmé. I think Joel even said he felt a little foolish when the film came out there as relatively nothing left of their performances.

JimJamBonds
01-24-2010, 04:38 PM

The official site listed Joel Edgerton as Owen Lars but I didn't notice Beru yet . . . I guess it doesn't matter anyway since George cut her down to an insulting "hello" in the last movie. :rolleyes:

She'll be lucky to even get that much!

2-1B
01-25-2010, 09:44 PM
I want a side-movie about Beru falling for the rogue Jedi livin' up yonder beyond the Dune Sea...a passionate love affair takes place while Owen works and becomes even more cranky about everything.

Ewan McGregor in Young Adam Obi-Wan

Brian_Fortuna
01-28-2010, 12:53 PM
I agree. That would have given the saga a little more "heart." From what I understood, both Joel and Bonnie were a little more than surprised when they saw what little there was left of their performances when the film came out. Both actors were on the talk circuit drumming up interest in the film and spoke of many scenes in which Beru and Owen spoke and interacted with Anakin and Padmé. I think Joel even said he felt a little foolish when the film came out there as relatively nothing left of their performances.

Wow, never heard that. Wish we could see all those cut scenes.

JimJamBonds
01-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Wow, never heard that. Wish we could see all those cut scenes.

Good call BF, I never heard of that either.

Jayspawn
02-10-2010, 11:15 AM
At CIV I talked to Bonnie for a while about the deleted scenes in Clones & Sith. She didnt know exactly how the scenes would come out, but laid out what her scenes were. Very interesting.

The Tatooine/Homestead scenes ended up being totally different onscreen. Padme was supposed to cover C-3PO on screen as well. There's pics out there with Naked 3PO and the actors.

Just more excellent deleted scenes hopefully Lucasfilm will release someday.

2-1B
02-10-2010, 05:40 PM
The Y2K VHS edition of TPM has a vignette previewing AOTC and it shows some Homestead scenes and AD doing puppeteer work for C-3PO.

Personally, I'm glad they cut right to 3PO having his coverings...but I'd love to see more deleted stuff with Beru and Owen.

JimJamBonds
02-10-2010, 07:27 PM
At CIV I talked to Bonnie for a while about the deleted scenes in Clones & Sith. She didnt know exactly how the scenes would come out, but laid out what her scenes were. Very interesting.

The Tatooine/Homestead scenes ended up being totally different onscreen. Padme was supposed to cover C-3PO on screen as well. There's pics out there with Naked 3PO and the actors.

Just more excellent deleted scenes hopefully Lucasfilm will release someday.

The Padme bit I remember but what did Bonnie have to say?

El Chuxter
02-10-2010, 08:50 PM
"You know what ticks me off, Padme? It's going to take four frickin' years for me to be released as an action figure, and then in limited distibution."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2010, 12:12 AM
"You know what ticks me off, Padme? It's going to take four frickin' years for me to be released as an action figure, and then in limited distibution."
And then Padmé was like, "What? It was seven years, since the figure was based on Episode II. Damn, girl, get it right."

:p

Rocketboy
02-11-2010, 02:23 PM
The Tatooine/Homestead scenes ended up being totally different onscreen. Padme was supposed to cover C-3PO on screen as well. There's pics out there with Naked 3PO and the actors. I would love to see those scenes. The way they digitally erased the nekkid Threepio and then dropped Anthony Daniels in costume is pretty noticeable, IMO.

El Chuxter
02-11-2010, 02:29 PM
I've actually never really noticed that. I'll have to check it out... when my daughter is old enough to deal with disappointment and I watch AOTC again.

JimJamBonds
02-11-2010, 09:36 PM
I've actually never really noticed that. I'll have to check it out... when my daughter is old enough to deal with disappointment and I watch AOTC again.

Easy there Stilla! lol

2-1B
02-11-2010, 10:42 PM
The Padme bit I remember but what did Bonnie have to say?

''Hello.''

Rocketboy
02-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I've actually never really noticed that. I'll have to check it out... when my daughter is old enough to deal with disappointment and I watch AOTC again.You can tell even on youtube quality video. Go to about 6:15 in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htaw9Va9Axk) clip. Its a pretty obvious green screen shot dropped in. And the next part where Threepio introduces Anakin and Padme to Owen and Beru reminds me of Boba Fett being dropped into A New Hope in the Jabba scene.

Also, back on subject, Bonnie Piesse is working on an album (myspace (http://www.myspace.com/bonniepiesse)). Her voice ain't too bad.

JEDIpartner
02-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Good call BF, I never heard of that either.

Yeah, they were doing promo work for the Australian release of the film. My friend, Liam, who lives in Brisbane, sent me links to a lot of net articles at that time. One of the articles came out after the film had been released and Joel and Bonnie had expressed their dismay at how much of their dialogue and interaction had been cut.

I would love to see those scenes. The way they digitally erased the nekkid Threepio and then dropped Anthony Daniels in costume is pretty noticeable, IMO.

I thought that too. I think it was the deliberate tracking shot where the environment moves around Threepio that really gives it away. It's like "green screen pick-up shot? There's no green screen pick-up shot here..." :D

JEDIpartner
02-12-2010, 08:15 AM
But yeah... I think the prequels could've done with a bit more heart. *shrug*

2-1B
02-16-2010, 08:42 AM
I would love to see those scenes. The way they digitally erased the nekkid Threepio and then dropped Anthony Daniels in costume is pretty noticeable, IMO.

I've actually never really noticed that.

You can tell even on youtube quality video. Go to about 6:15 in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htaw9Va9Axk) clip. Its a pretty obvious green screen shot dropped in. And the next part where Threepio introduces Anakin and Padme to Owen and Beru reminds me of Boba Fett being dropped into A New Hope in the Jabba scene.

Wow, I never really noticed that either...I probably assumed it was a green screen pick-up shot (there's A LOT of green screen use in that movie) but I didn't realize it was to replace the "my parts are showing" version of that guy.

I wonder if they'll clean that up over the next several years...it's already been almost 8 years since AOTC was released (almost a decade since principal photography) so I'm sure George'll give it a tweak at some point.

El Chuxter
02-16-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm sure he'll add Ahsoka. Miley Cyrus may be too old, but her younger sister will be the right age in a year or two.