PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to buy the Code 3 Millennium Falcon?

Tycho
06-30-2003, 04:13 PM
This little ship looks pretty detailed and a replica on the quality scale of even Master Replicas.

I'm thinking the Code 3 Falcon is something I'd definitely want, so long as I can afford the price.

As to starting a collection of ships from Code 3?

I'd know I'd think about going for:

The Blockade Runner
A Star Destroyer
An AT-AT
Slave-One
A Republic Gunship
A Mon Calamari Cruiser - especially Home One
A Republic Cruiser
A Republic Destroyer
The Queen's Royal Starship
The Medical Frigate
The Executor

But the Millennium Falcon sure tops my list.

MicroMachines' Action Fleet covers most of these ships nicely, but some could just be done way too awesome by Code 3. Probably capital ships mostly, to generalize.

Maybe displaying Code 3's to scale with other Action Fleet ships would make a nice display? AF does a great job on the fighters, right?

Just a thought.

What do you guys think about that Falcon?

Dark Marble
06-30-2003, 04:38 PM
If someone was going to get me to buy something in a new line for Star Wars, doing it with the falcon is the best way to go. But I am not sure I will pick this up. I voted maybe which all depends on price and availibility. I don't want to pay to much, and I don't want to spend to much time looking for it. However, the ship looks amazing!!!

Rogue74
06-30-2003, 05:52 PM
No way am I going to pay that much for that. It's a glorified toy, not an actual replica. You'd be better off buying the old Falcon model kit and superdetailing it.

Mike Granek
06-30-2003, 10:56 PM
On Saturday...I got a chance to meet the folks at Code-3 Collectibles. This is a company that makes mostly fire engine replicas that are absolutely incredible in detail. I also got a chance to look at the Millenium Falcon prototype pictures. This thing is going to be one nice model. As a testament to their quality...Lucasfilm asked them to do the line...and not vice versa. I also got a sneek peek at what else is coming down the line from this company for Star Wars...and although I can't say what they are...I can say that the prototypes for the models I saw are incredible. The amount of detail is stunning. So...yes, I will be buying the Falcon replica. And I'm certainly getting the one that comes after that as well.....

dr_evazan22
06-30-2003, 10:57 PM
I've seen some of their work making Firetrucks and and the level of detail they add is astounding. plus, it's the Falcon.

Yes, I preordered.

JON9000
07-01-2003, 12:19 AM
The Falcon has always been my favorite ship, and this seems like the uber-falcon, but I just cannot afford the price. bummer, really.

JediTricks
07-01-2003, 01:42 AM
If I could afford this, I'd probably get it. If it was only around $100, I'd definitely get it. I love die cast, I bought the Naboo Fighter Die Cast model from Ertl at full price even though the droid and interiors weren't painted. The price is always the issue for me though, it's hard to think of anything that costs as much as a used car as a toy-level collectible, and that is why I'd be buying this - payment plan or no.

JCPZero
07-01-2003, 01:31 PM
I love die-cast ships, but at $295 it is about $250 more than my budget. How about some nice die cast ships in the sub $50 price range.

JCPZero

shabo451
07-01-2003, 05:21 PM
Definitely will be getting these. I've been hoping for high quality die cast ships since the Franklin Mint released two Enterprise models (which run the same price as these) over ten years ago. As long as they are faithful to the original models and not the Ertl models (as was the case with the Franklin Mint pewter Falcon), I'll invest in them.

LusiferSam
07-01-2003, 09:14 PM
I'd love to buy one, but I think if out of my price range. The few pictures I've look at make it look great. And another reason I won't buy one is I have so much already, I really don't need start with another line.

good shot jansen
07-02-2003, 06:18 AM
being a micro machines collector for some time now, i love small scale star wars ships.

i reserved a falcon as soon as i became aware that code 3 was going to produce them.

the price is indeed a tad bit hefty, but the level of detail that is going into this die-cast is awsome.

long after the sting of paying $300.00 for this toy is gone, i will still be apprciating and enjoying the craftmanship of this wondeful die cast.

JediTricks
07-02-2003, 11:58 PM
Hey GSJ, maybe the Falcon could take a prototour-esque trip to my house. :D

InsaneJediGirl
07-08-2003, 03:51 PM
I wont be buying it,a bit too expensive for a ship that isnt my favorite.I'd like to see a Super Star Destroyer or the Death Star though.

DarthChuckMc
07-08-2003, 04:41 PM
I may have to sell bodily fluids to buy one, but I WILL be buying one.

I think they are offering payment plans on this as well.

I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us.

DarthBrandon
07-08-2003, 06:37 PM
I'm going to say no because for $295.00 I'd rather have a Falcon that was more to scale with the 3 3/4 inch figures. The Falcon we got from Hasbro was like $50.00 if I recall correctly, so for another two hundred plus I'd rather see a larger more to scale vehicle. The Code 3 Falcon is nice to look at, but only worth $100.00 max IMO.

bobafrett
07-08-2003, 11:52 PM
I reserved one for myself. I have always loved the Falcon. It's the ultimate bad boy cruiser. After seeing the pictures, I'd have to say I think it may be slightly overpriced, but then what isn't these days. Look at the price of C.D.'s, nowadays I wait for them to go on sale, but the Falcon I can't take that chance with.