PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in an elevator

Jedi Clint
07-01-2003, 01:14 AM
I watched them build a box. It had an opening or doorway and detail was applied to the walls inside. Detail was also applied to the outside walls of the box. I thought, "But it's a set. What type of little room needs the interior and exterior of the walls detailed?" Then I watched as they put the top with a round translucent dome on. Now I am watching them put a similar shaped platform a foot or two above the floor in tall thin set. This platform has a hole in it for (drumroll) someone to climb up through.

Characters are in an elevator.... they probably enter it from the set that they filmed on the first day (elevator loby/hallway).
The elevator stops.
The occupant(s) climb out through the hatch in the top.
Will it be Obi or Ani....or both?!

:D

Pendo
07-01-2003, 02:57 AM
The hole may be for a camera possition. It may be cool to see them climb out though :).

PENDO!

Jedi Clint
07-01-2003, 01:57 PM
The mentions of extreme wind in a previous set diary entry could be related to the wind machine set up to be blown onto this set.

They took the top of the elevator set piece out and stacked blue and green "steps" up for the character to stand on while hanging from the bottom of a doorway leading onto a "floor" of whatever complex the elevator services. The door was later opened while the character remained "hanging" there.

It seems like the occupant has to jump from the elevator top to the next floor up. Open the doors to that floor, and crawl up onto that floor.