PDA

View Full Version : Check out this little tidbit from the main site.

Wolfwood319
11-20-2001, 09:24 PM
They finally got character bios up for AoTC key players and this was under Bail Organa's bio.

During the Clone Wars, Organa befriended General Obi-Wan Kenobi, and the revered Jedi Knight served him well in that terrible conflict. When Kenobi's apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, succumbed to the dark side, Kenobi sent Skywalker's lover, Padmé Amidala, to Organa for hiding. Amidala hid one of her twin offspring in the high court of Alderaan, and this child, Leia Organa, was adopted into the Royal Family.

I just thought it was interesting and that this can be a little foreshadowing of what to see in EIII.

Co Jo-Da
11-21-2001, 12:19 AM
Very cool insite to the future of the galaxy...

hamsterboy
11-21-2001, 12:54 AM
Lover? You mean they don't get married? I didn't think Lucas would have done something like that.

Co Jo-Da
11-21-2001, 10:41 AM
GL might work in the love triangle between Anakin, Pademe and Bail in Episode III.

Wolfwood319
11-21-2001, 11:04 AM
You mean you wouldn't refer to your spouse as a Lover?

They get married, its been confirmed, relax.

hamsterboy
11-22-2001, 01:16 AM
Sorry,didn't mean to come across that way. I was just a little shocked about it. It doesn't bother my time what they are to be called to be honest.

JEDIpartner
11-27-2001, 12:26 PM
"Lover" just seems a little more titilating than "wife"... Heh heh heh...:evil:

Rollo Tomassi
11-28-2001, 09:17 PM
Everything always refers to Obi Wan. Obi Wan hides the children. Obi Wan asks Bail to take Padme in. Obi Wan takes Luke to Tatooine. Where the hoohah is Yoda during all this? Did he just let Ben do all the work and run off and hide on Dagobah? Typical Whill behavior...:mad:

GNT
11-29-2001, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Where the hoohah is Yoda during all this? Did he just let Ben do all the work and run off and hide on Dagobah?

I guess he did,Yoda was to old to find homes for the children :)

Wolfwood319
11-29-2001, 02:25 AM
I have this theory about that, under the assumption that Ben does NOT know that Leia is Luke's Twin/Padme's daughter. Im basing this off the scene in ESB where Ben say that Luke's our last hope and Yoda says, no there is another. Made it seem that Ben doesn't know about Leia, and that Yoda tells Ben between ESB and ROTJ.

Anyway, Padme is giving birth to the twins, Yoda is there while Ben is off fighting Anakin. Yoda quickly rushes Padme and Leia away with Bail to Alderann. Ben arrives to find Yoda and baby Luke. They hightail it off together towards Dagobah to get away from Palpatine and the Imperials.

Once arriving at Dagobah, Yoda and Ben decide that the best situation for Luke will be to live with his step-uncle Owen Lars on Tatooine. Ben will also go to Tatooine to keep a watchful eye on Luke. Yoda remains behind on Dagobah to remain hidden from Palpatine/Vader.

I think its pretty good, given the info we have so far. What do y'all think?:) :D :crazed:

JediTricks
11-29-2001, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I have this theory about that, under the assumption that Ben does NOT know that Leia is Luke's Twin/Padme's daughter. Im basing this off the scene in ESB where Ben say that Luke's our last hope and Yoda says, no there is another. Made it seem that Ben doesn't know about Leia, and that Yoda tells Ben between ESB and ROTJ.I agree with this, though I think Yoda tells Ben's spirit as soon as Luke takes off in ESB.

Co Jo-Da
11-30-2001, 12:23 PM
Or maybe Ben had put all of his faith in Luke and didn't Liea could be strong enough to defeat Vader... After all Luke did kick Vader's butt in RotJ but he didn't want to kill him and it almost cost him his life...

Jargo
12-09-2001, 11:53 AM
if the jedi order refuse to accept the marraige of Anakin and Padme, then they could simply refer to her as his concubine which would translate as 'lover'.
Also, if the force sensitivity doesn't pick things up until the nfants are a little older like two years or something, then they wouldn't have noticed Leia had a bad case of midichlorians in her system. being Anakins son, and presumably it's a more given fact that males are stronger in the force than females, maybe they just assumed that Luke would be the one to have all the force sensitivity and the midichlorian count. just like his father. Also even though there are female jedi, the jedi order may be a little misogynistic in outlook and ignore most females unless they display extraordinary force sensitivity and shine like a beacon. leia is technically forgoten about at the same time as the great purge of the jedi and technically slips through the net.
Ben not having seen leia since she was a tiny baby and then only briefly would not know how strong in the force she had grown. Ben has been living on the outskirts of the galaxy for years by the time he dies. yoda is much stronger in the force than Obi-Wan and ablr to detect movements in the force from far afield on the outskirts of the galaxy also. yoda knows and possibly knew all along about Leia, but more likely picked up some disturbance in the force when leia became an active member of the galaxial society in her ambassadorial role for the senate and Alderaan.
Ben makes many mistakes in his life, one of them being the decision to train Anakin himself. The others are also judgemental mistakes and such. he's not got the clearest mind in the matters of the force and could quite simply have not seen leia at all. Instead focusing on the here and now and not the future.

Co Jo-Da
12-10-2001, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
being Anakins son, and presumably it's a more given fact that males are stronger in the force than females, maybe they just assumed that Luke would be the one to have all the force sensitivity and the midichlorian count. just like his father. Also even though there are female jedi, the jedi order may be a little misogynistic in outlook and ignore most females unless they display extraordinary force sensitivity and shine like a beacon.

Watch it EJ...;)
I don't know if you heard/read the Spy Reports (OK most of them ended up false) about a FEMALE Sith Lord in the place of Count Dooku. So becareful of whom you call weak in the Force...

mylow thehutt
12-12-2001, 07:01 AM
I heard that padam has the twins on dagaboh,maby thats my luke said "still theres somthing famulair about this place";) :cool

I wonder whare 3po and r2 are when all of this is happing?

Jargo
12-22-2001, 05:57 PM
Luke's comments about dagobah being familiar shadow the way that Anakin mentions his dream about being a Jedi. Anakin didn't realise that he was having a vision of the future just as Luke didn't realise that he had been aware of the place a long time before visiting Dagobah, he just knew that he recognised the atmosphere and lanscape.
Perhaps Luke had dreams about Dagobah while still on Tatoine. Perhaps Ben told the infant Luke about Dagobah while Luke was still in his cradle and this is why Owen Lars is so mad at Ben. For filling Luke's head with wizards words and visions.
Episode two is said to debunk a lot of what we thought we knew about the Jedi and George is going to change the star wars timeline and history to make it fit his story. I bet those databank entries change again when we get nearer to the release of episode three. :cool:

Rollo Tomassi
12-23-2001, 01:47 AM
I take everything said in those data banks with a grain of sal...GOOD LORD! Jargo's a Moderator?!?!? When did this happen?? Am I the only one around here who's NOT a moderator anymore? Man, I feel like the nerdy guy hanging out with all the cool people cause they need him to do their homework. Well, in any case...congratulations and all that...

Jargo
12-23-2001, 10:14 AM
believe me, I'm just as surprised about it. Anyway, this is the section I'm mod for and I hope it stays neat and tidy. :) It's a cool section to be responsible for as it covers the final installment of the saga. Quiet at the moment but going to get mighty busy soon :) I'm just going to sit quietly and act like a caretaker. If I'm needed I'll be there but otherwise I'll be in my office in the basement watching soap operas and drinkin' java. ;) But now back to the point....

GNT
12-23-2001, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Am I the only one around here who's NOT a moderator anymore?

Ahum! I'm still not a moderator yet and I've been here for like 3 or so years! :rolleyes: Maybe they should make me a moderator of the Code Red area we have ;)

Jargo
12-23-2001, 10:14 PM
GNT I believe I just said:
But now back to the point.... Let's try to keep it real eh? :)

SithDroid
01-11-2002, 12:47 AM
First of all there are a few flaws as I can see it.

1st - Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth vader. The twins were split up and suppossedly sent "into hiding" to protect them from their father. So I know, where can we hide them where he'll never find them, oh I know how about with his brother (Uncle Owen) or brother-in-law (however they are related, I'm still foggy on the whole thing). He'll never look there. And why don't they at least change Luke's last name. With a name like that, even on Tatooine, it could get back to certain people who are friendly to the Empire. Leia at least is a little more protected.

2nd - If Uncle Owen is indeed Anakin's brother or Amidala's brother, then how come there was no mention of him in Episode I on either Tatooine or on Naboo and also if they are blood brothers then how come Anakin is an only child in the first movie? Does Shmi have another child that we don't know about and if so wouldn't the force be passed onto Uncle Owen seeing as it is hereditary by blood. If Uncle Owen possessed the power then he should have fought in the Clone Wars alongside Obi-Wan. Which also doesn't make sense that Owen And Beru get killed by a couple of meddling Stormtroopers in ANH if he is a jedi. And another thing, how come Owen isn't a slave either. These are all guesses based on the info that I know. Perhaps it will become more clear once Episode II comes out.

I don't know if any of this makes sense to anyone, but I m confused about the whole Uncle Owen thing. If anyone could fill me in then I would greatly appreciate it. My closest guess is that Luke knows that Owen is not his father and therefore chooses to call him by Uncle seeing as that title at least holds some sort of authority with it.

SithDroid
01-11-2002, 01:04 AM
This is an addition to what I said earlier. Even if Owen is Obi-Wan's brother, still why doesn't Owen have any Jedi ability. Also why does Owen call Ben a "Crazy old man" in ANH. And also, why Tatooine of all places. If Owen was indeed living there on Tatooine when the ship was damaged in Episode I, then why didn't Obi-Wan ask for Owen's help. Surely you must keep track of where your family lives. That would have been a lot easier than going through with the whole podrace stuff. And one more thing, from the sound of it in Episode I, Obi-Wan sounded like he had never heard of Tatooine before. At least that is my take anyway. Anyone feel like responding, then let me know, or should I post this as a possible new thread somewhere? Moderators what do you think?

Jargo
01-11-2002, 09:13 AM
Shmi is married to Cliegg Lars in episode two. Cliegg is a farmer and therefore not subservient like a slave. he is self sufficient and wealthy enough to afford his freedom. His son from a previous relationship as yet undisclosed is Owen Lars who is probably betrothed to Beru Whitesun.
As Shmi is now married to Cliegg this means that Anakin and Owen become half brothers - or step brothers. So in truth, Owen is Luke's uncle although it's just a half uncle. But still an uncle.

Because there is no blood tie there is no force sensitivity in Owen.

Owen disagrees with the Jedi way of doing things. Sees it as being cultish and unproductive to the growth of a young man. Sees it as unsafe, dangerous. So when Anakin goes rushing off to join Obi-Wan on geonosis we get the first glimpse of how Owen sees Obi-Wan as reckless and a bad influence on his half brother.

After what happens to Anakin to turn him to the dark side and become Vader, with Obi being partly to blame, the hostility between Obi and Owen is likely to have escalated in scale. And Owen is probably thankful when Obi disappears into the desert to hide away from Vader and the Jedi purge.

So Owen calls Obi a crazy old wizard because he doesn't want Luke to talk to Obi and find out the truth about who his father turned into and who his mother was. Owen is just trying to save Luke from following the same path his father trod.

2-1B
09-04-2005, 02:24 AM
I bet those databank entries change again when we get nearer to the release of episode three. :cool:

Wow, I just read Wolfwood's quote from page one of this old thread and it was surprising to read the old databak entry vs. what ended up onscreen 3 years later.

I wonder if anybody has archived all the databank stuff just to compare it down the road with what we ended up getting ?

JimJamBonds
09-04-2005, 01:10 PM
I wonder if anybody has archived all the databank stuff just to compare it down the road with what we ended up getting ?

I'm sure Caesar if you sent a nicly worded email to LFL they would gladly let you see the old databank info. :D