PDA

View Full Version : Obi-Wan's hair

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-01-2003, 01:23 PM
For people who know, will Obi-Wan have the same mullety haircut from AOTC, or will he have it a bit shorter like in ANH?

Pendo
07-01-2003, 01:26 PM
I'm hoping it's more like ANH's. From hyperspace I know that his hair is going to have hints of grey :).

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
07-01-2003, 01:54 PM
It doesn't appear that they are going to give him the mullet this time around... All of the reports indicate that it will be longish but shorter than the AOTC hair style.

Pendo
07-01-2003, 02:09 PM
You can tell that Ewan's hair is A LOT thicker than Sir Alec's. It would be good if they could somehow make Ewan's hair appear thinner :), then the change from Ewan to Sir Alec will not be as dramatic... not that it is that dramatic anyway, IMO Ewan does Obi-Wan EXACTLY like Sir Alec did :).

PENDO!

scruffziller
07-01-2003, 03:35 PM
What still bother's me is how much Obi is suppose to age in that short amount of time. Perhaps something else will happen that causes this to happen. Stress, personal anguish, etc.

Dr Zoltar
07-01-2003, 04:04 PM
18 years (Between Ep. 3 and A New Hope) is a long time to age. It's completely realistic for Ewan to have a lot of hair and have it thin in that amount of time. I know friends who had hair at 25 only to be very thin on top by age 35. Plus I'm sure the weather on Tatooine isn't kind to the skin.

Jek Porky 2002
07-01-2003, 05:37 PM
I think it should have been longer in Episode II, more like Qui-Gon's, but not as long. So by Ep III, it could be as long as it was In Ep II, that makes no sense what so ever!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-01-2003, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the info! By the way, does he wear his ANH garb this time around?

Pendo
07-02-2003, 03:53 AM
By the way, does he wear his ANH garb this time around?

I hope so. That would be cool to see :).

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
07-02-2003, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the info! By the way, does he wear his ANH garb this time around?

I would find that highly unlikely as the longer robes would restrict his freedom of movement as opposed to a pair of "plain trousers." If he were to don such an outfit, it would probably be at the end of the film. Then again... I don't know that he would be traipsing through the desert wastelands for the next 20 years in the exact same outfit...

As for the aging thing... isn't Episode III supposed to take pace about two-three years after AOTC? That would put Obi-Wan at 38 or 39 and it is possible for him to have a little grey in his hair. I should know... :rolleyes: So... by the time ANH rolls around he would be between 56 and 58 years of age. Has it been confirmed that Luke and Leia are 18 in ANH? I was under the impression that they were 20 as Luke was once described as a "twenty year-old farmboy from the desert planet of Tatooine".

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Obi-Wan cold have a bit of gray, it's not impossible. I know some people in their mid-40s with a full head of gray hair. So, maybe Obi-Wan is just stressed from Anakin and the Clone Wars.

plo koon 200
07-03-2003, 01:14 PM
Obi-Wan cold have a bit of gray, it's not impossible. I know some people in their mid-40s with a full head of gray hair. So, maybe Obi-Wan is just stressed from Anakin and the Clone Wars.

Who wouldn't be stressed after fighting in a war for 3 years?

OC47150
07-09-2003, 01:20 PM
Don't forget premature graying!

Jargo
07-10-2003, 06:55 PM
The shock of his utter failure to spot how deeply Anakin resents him and the abject failure to teach Anakin succesfully and the derision of the Jedi order could cause him to grey early. Plus greying could be hereditary in his bloodline. Plus the sun bleaching effects of living on Tatooine for lord knows how long. He may go white overnight if there's a really bad event in EPIII.

But what I want to know is why Anakin looks like a girl with that mop of hair? Real or really bad wig? he looks about twelve in the pic from hyperspace. Hardly likely that Obi would take him seriously looking like that. The big jessy! :p

2-1B
07-11-2003, 02:00 AM
That's a REALLY bad wig on Anakin because the pic of Hayden/Natalie/Ewan/George/Ricker shows Hayden with rather short hair.

I hope it was only a test wig. :crazed:

Jedi Clint
07-11-2003, 03:01 AM
That's a REALLY bad wig on Anakin because the pic of Hayden/Natalie/Ewan/George/Ricker shows Hayden with rather short hair.

I hope it was only a test wig. :crazed:

They mixed fake hair in with his.