PDA

View Full Version : Who does Rena Owen play in EpIII?

Jek Porky 2002
07-01-2003, 04:27 PM
About a week back, the official site posted some news about casting, confirming that: Joel Edgerton as Owen Lars, Jay Laga'aia as Captain Typho and Rena Owen, but it doesn't say if she will be playing Taun We again.

Will she be playing Taun, or a new charactor?

Pendo
07-01-2003, 04:33 PM
My guess is that it will be Taun We again :), although it may be nice to see her as a new character aswell :).

PENDO!

Jedi Clint
07-01-2003, 04:46 PM
About a week back, the official site posted some news about casting, confirming that: Joel Edgerton as Owen Lars, Jay Laga'aia as Captain Typho and Rena Owen, but it doesn't say if she will be playing Taun We again.

Will she be playing Taun, or a new charactor?

Good question and observation JP2002.

Jek Porky 2002
07-01-2003, 04:48 PM
Also, if it is Taun We, is it really necessary for her to return?

Pendo
07-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Also, if it is Taun We, is it really necessary for her to return?
Well I'm hoping we learn a little more about the clones, and who Sifo Dyas is. I think Taun We could fit into that somewhere.

Plus we know the Boba Fett is back in it. After his father's death, it would seem likely that he would go back to Kamino and be looked after by her.

PENDO!

Pendo
07-27-2003, 06:00 AM
In one of the Set Diaries it says that Rena Owen has a cameo role as a Senator. I don't know if that means she also plays Taun We, or if that is her role in the movie. Perhaps Taun We IS the Senator? :)

PENDO!

Jargo
07-27-2003, 07:14 AM
Okay, McCallum said that the clones would be back but significantly different, I.E. they look more like stormtroopers, possibly the concept stormtrooper armour will be used somehow, In order to keep the clones coming kamino will have been absorbed into the Republic by palpatine and co. This means that Kamino would have representation in the senate. Palpatine would have knowledge of the kaminoans probably and his aides would have hand picked the most pliable candidate. Taun We is a naive character who is implicitly trusting of anything anyone tells her. Having her represent the world of Kamino would be beneficial to Palpatine.

Or, having not ben seen in the last episode as herself and having had her voice engineered to the point where it didn't really sound like Rena lucas may have promised her a role in EPIII if he was impressed with her as an actor. She may appear as herself. Perhaps as an Alderaanian aide to Bail Organa?

Jedi Clint
07-27-2003, 09:01 PM
Her features will be visible and are in one of the set diaries and accompanying photo.

Jargo
07-27-2003, 09:57 PM
Hmmm, could you be a little more descriptive for those of us not willing to throw money down the drain on this hypedupspace thing? I don't expect a piccie post but a nice description of her costume perhaps? :)

Jedi Clint
07-27-2003, 10:32 PM
Certainly EJ. You can only see her head and shoulders in the picture. She is standing sideways, but facing the camera. Her head is shaved. Her bare hand is visible. Her robes are dark with a....."crumpled" texture. The collar of her robes is similar to that of an astronaut without their helmet......a hoop, but It doesn't look like anything attaches there. There seems to be a protrusion from the back of her robes.....almost like there is a back-pack of some sort under them. The picture is dark so it is difficult to make out color and texture well.

I hope that helps.

Pendo
07-28-2003, 04:52 AM
Here's the pic Jedi Clint is talking about. I really didn't recognise her as Rena Owen, she looks so different with no hair :).

PENDO!

TheDarthVader
07-28-2003, 06:20 PM
Jedi Clint: thanks.
Pendo: I appreciate the picture! I am not a member of hyperspace.
;)

Jargo
07-28-2003, 06:44 PM
I tinkered with the picture and straightened it up, enlarged it and made it slightly less orangey and dark. Looks sort of furry that costume to me. Has a similar look to Sly Moores appearance. Could Sly and This character played by Rena be the first force adepts? Bald heads and shroud like cloaks of a fuzzy nature. All Rena needs is the contact lenses and white palour.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-28-2003, 07:58 PM
That's weird . . . could she be Asajj Ventress? I know the costume is different, but she sorta looks like her.

Jedi Clint
07-28-2003, 09:37 PM
TDV: You're welcome.
Pendo: I ALMOST typed "Pendo will probably post the picture." in my previous post ;)
EJ: Excellent work on that picture!

scruffziller
08-07-2003, 02:39 PM
She kind of look like Sly Moore.