PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of Hoth 4 Pack

mm74md
07-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Looks like Hong Kong eBayer mimidog4428 is at it again with lots of upcoming loose stuff including the Battle of Hoth 4 pack.

All I want from this set is the droid :frus:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3137404544

El Chuxter
07-02-2003, 12:44 PM
"ROTJ Battle of Hoth" set? That's pretty cool. Must be a cut scene. :rolleyes:

I won't mind having the Chewie and the Taun-Taun, but I'm with you, mm74md: I mainly want the droid.

JEDIpartner
07-02-2003, 01:23 PM
This one looks to be the best of all the "special" sets.

Kidhuman
07-02-2003, 09:29 PM
Actually the droid and open gut Taun Taun is what i want from it. Hopefully I can find it here soon

TheDarthVader
07-02-2003, 11:40 PM
I have already found the Imperial Forces pack and bought it right when I saw it. I will also buy the Hoth set when I see it at TRU. Looks great to me!! Love the droid, chewy, and taun taun with GUTS!!!!!! :)

Dark Marble
07-03-2003, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I will pick this up when it comes out as well. It looks like a decent set, and I don't have any complaints about the figures. :)

SirSteve
07-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Trivia... What is the name of this droid? :)

plasticfetish
07-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Trivia... What is the name of this droid? :)
Is it ... R3-A2

aceguide
07-03-2003, 04:10 PM
I am looking forward to this set. The only piece I could do without is Leia.

badtaste
07-04-2003, 11:53 AM
If you look closely, the Taun Taun has no split belly to put the guts in!!!

Beast
07-04-2003, 11:59 AM
If you look closely, the Taun Taun has no split belly to put the guts in!!!
If you look closer, you'll notice that it does. There's a seam along it's stomache. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SirSteve
07-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Is it ... R3-A2

Correct. I added several high quality images to the CDB. Check the home page for the link.

JangoFart
07-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Correct. I added several high quality images to the CDB. Check the home page for the link.
Actually, I'd say it was called R3-D3 from Star Tours with a little less blue paint and a lot more orange paint. :)

Great new pics, Steve.

J

plasticfetish
07-04-2003, 03:47 PM
Hooray ... I'm a genius!

Actually, I'd say it was called R3-D3 from Star Tours with a little less blue paint and a lot more orange paint. :)
Great new pics, Steve.
Well, actually ... I ain't no genius, I just knows how to use Google ...
http://www.astromech.net/gallery/astromechs/R3-A2.htm
... and agreed, great pics. The new photos have me looking forward to this set. Love these $20 sets!

If you look closer, you'll notice that it does. There's a seam along it's stomache.
I honestly can't see it either. Doesn't mean it's not there ... the box says it's there. The box can't be wrong can it? ;)

Old Fossil
07-04-2003, 10:30 PM
All I want from this set is the droid :frus:

Me, too!!!

droidekas2
07-05-2003, 10:26 AM
I too will be buying this set just for the droid.
Does anyone know what figure is being repainted for the droid? Has it got a retractable 3rd leg?? Is it the Ep. II preview droid repainted or like the Star Tours R2 droid?? I hate it when the 3rd leg is just stuck there and doesn't retract.

darthm1970
07-05-2003, 10:49 AM
Has anyone notice the Tauntaun (broken horn) that comes in this set is Luke's? Which it make sence because you get Luke in this set.

But the open belly Tauntaun is actually Han's.

Just to point out. :D

Turbowars
07-05-2003, 11:11 AM
Yeah, R3-A2 is the only one that I really want. You know I'm surprised I have not seen any of the other 4 packs with either a missing Black astro (forget name) or one in place of him. I saw many of TRU X-wings with this problem. I would take the box to the manager and he would act all surprised and say OH this will have to be taken off the racks. The next day it was back with the rest.

Bosskman
07-05-2003, 11:14 AM
The droid is awesome, the Tauntaun is awseome, (I'm gonna use it as a background Tauntaun so I don't care if it's not Han's, Luke is alright but I'll give him away bacause I already have all the Hoth Lukes I want. Chewie is awesome and I'll try to take the white stuff off him and put him with Ceremonial Luke and Leia (I LOVE my Flashbach Hoth Chewie even if he is short... private pleasure chewie.....) The only figure here that aint right is Leia. she's got no boots, just her bespin escape shoes. How's she supposed to make it on the ice planet wearing those? CRAP! I can't wait for this set, and the Imperial one. I wonder if they'll make it to Canada.

Imperialist_14
07-07-2003, 08:05 AM
Definitely looking forward to adding one of these to the collection!

This 4-pack set looks better than the Imperial one - which is a bummer because I usually love anything Imperial!

Jayspawn
07-07-2003, 10:26 AM
It's all good. I can't wait to buy it!

jjreason
07-07-2003, 02:29 PM
Hopefully the quality of the stuff will be a little better than the Imp set. My paint jobs on the new droid and new ATST driver were terrible - huge scratch through his one glossy black boot right down to the white underneath. The black droids silver applications look like my daughter did them. Im not getting the Bounty pack due to the lack of an original figure, but I'll get the Hoth one. Hopefully at a good price.

Droidlover
07-08-2003, 02:26 AM
I definitely did not notice that about the Taun Taun. I guess I will just make the correct horn. I, too, am only purchasing the set for the droid and the Taun Taun. The other figures will just probably get dropped in my extra box, never to see the light of day again.

plasticfetish
07-08-2003, 06:07 AM
... FIRE!"

So, let's see.
- Leia's got the wrong shoes on and is missing her gloves. Unless you pretend she's "Bespin escape Leia" which means she should ditch the vest and change her hair.
- Luke's Taun Taun shouldn't really have a split belly. (Maybe it should have been a "break apart" Taun Taun or just a skeleton.)
- While we're at it ... Luke's gloves should be all grey and why can they can put "snow" on Chewy but not Luke?
- As best I can tell, R3-A2 (http://www.astromech.net/gallery/astromechs/images/r32.jpg) should have a slightly different dome. (I know ... that's reaching for it.)
- I'm sure we can't ever have a Chewbacca figure without his bowcaster, but do we ever see him with it on Hoth?

This set reminds me of the vintage days when they made figures from bad sketches/photos, word of mouth and good old imaginati:rolleyes:n! But now we can add ... "from whatever they had laying around the factory" to that.

seth_quinn
07-08-2003, 08:27 AM
it's hoth, so even with all it's faults I'll be looking at through rose coloured glasses and can't wait to get a set. nice work noticing the luke/han tauntaun discrepancy. bespin boots? looks like someone is indeed getting lazy like they did with the joe's the first time around. the inclusion of the guts is great; if they're all squishie, let's hope they're made of something that won't degrade into a pile of sludge over time. nice to get a reasonable price point for a change. bosskman & jjr - gonna head to my fave tru in Oakville today, while I'm there I'll try and get them to do some searches in their dbase and see if these sets are coming to Canada.

krisvds
07-09-2003, 08:13 PM
I want it.. and SOON :D

Emperor Howdy
07-19-2003, 05:01 PM
......and I just want the intestines!!! Weeeeee!! Hehehehehehe...eh........he....................... ....oh. :stupid: