PDA

View Full Version : Yoda w/ Hover Chair is not Uni-Legged!!!

Beast
07-02-2003, 02:54 PM
We all hoped and praied that the Yoda w/ Hover Chair actually had two seperate independant legs. And then was heartbroken when it was discovered that they were connected. Well, guess what czahr in the forums over at Galactic Hunter discovered. The Yoda does have two independant fully functioning legs. They are just stuck together, and it's a simple operation to free them. Here's his post and the picture evidence. :)

So I was looking over the new Yoda figure last night, admiring what a nice job Hasbro did on it but at the same time annoyed that he STILL has a mono-leg, even though they obviously tried to make it look like seperate legs. "Why would they do that?" I wondered as I stuck my thumbnail into the crack between Yoda's feet, tracing the line...and then I looked closer. They are seperate pieces! I dug my thumbnail in a little deeper, pulled the legs in opposite directions and sure enough, they came apart!

There is a big rectangular peg that holds the legs together, and mine had barely any glue on it so they seperated quite easily. Once they are apart it's easy enough to slice off the peg with an Xacto knife and do what Hasbro should have done all along. The hips are independantly jointed and everything.

So, Hasbro finally DID make a Yoda with two legs, but why the heck would they decide to lock them together? Oh well, it's a simple problem to fix and it makes an excellent figure even better!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
07-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Yes. but it looks horrible. Would have been easier if they'd done his legs like the commtech Jawa and made his lower robe out of cloth or soft plastic. I'm sure this will make many pee themselves with glee but it still doesn't give us one decent yoda figure the way we should have had one by now after sooooooo many Yoda and soooooo many years. Such a simple thing to get right just once and still they can't manage it. With the legs seperated he looks like he has tree stumps for legs. All these technological advances and they shove out figures that are made so baly you'd think we were still living in the late seventies. pathetic really.

Beast
07-02-2003, 03:22 PM
Very good points, Jargo. But the Yoda still isn't a bad figure. And it's nice to have one that is not Uni-Legged at all. I'd rather have two legs done this way, then a uni-leg anyday. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
07-02-2003, 04:19 PM
JJB, even though I usually agree with you, I must agree with Jargo. The legs look stupid. I would rather have a uni-leg on this figure than the funky looking seperate legs. Jargo is right...Hasbro should have gotten it right by now, and it can't be that hard to get us a Yoda figure with two NICE looking legs. :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Still, even though this does look horrible, it's a step in the right direction. (No pun intended.) I still don't see why he has five toes . . . look at ESB, Hasbro. Come on. Three in the front + one in the back = four toes.
Anyway, why would they sculpt separate legs if only to glue them together? But still, thanks for the news, JJB. :)

Kidhuman
07-02-2003, 08:51 PM
I liked pic 3. Breakdancing yoda. Make that figure Hasbro

BanthaPoodoo
07-03-2003, 11:13 AM
You know what they say, two legs are better than one!

I agree it looks better with the two legs.