PDA

View Full Version : Is the Green A-Wing from the movies?

oo0oo36
07-03-2003, 12:15 PM
I'm deciding whether to buy the Green A-Wing, but I only collect stuff from the movies.

Is the Green A-Wing from the movies, or is it EU?

Dark Marble
07-03-2003, 02:39 PM
There are a few debates going on in the forums right now on this vehicle. But I don't think it was in the movies. All of the A-wings were red. But don't let that stop you from picking it up. The A-wings Hasbro has put out are pretty nice little ships, and the price is very reasonable compared to some of the other exclusives.

Devo
07-04-2003, 06:39 PM
There may not have been any green A-wings in ROTJ but its still an A-wing. I think you should still get it and put it next to your red A-wing if you have one. It'll look good and could go well in a ROTJ landing bay diorama.

Jayspawn
07-04-2003, 06:44 PM
See I remember seeing green A-Wings in the movie. I think the black rebel pilot was in the green ship who smashed into the Star Destroyer bridge.

Bosskman
07-04-2003, 10:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the black rebel pilot was in an X-Wing, and the A-Wing that smashed into the bridge was definately red. And its pilot was definately not asian.

Bosskman
07-04-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm undecided wheteher to get this ship or not. It looks cool, but wasn't in the films, but neither was the Geonosian Massif handler or the mini holo sisious and I got them in my collection. Ditto with removable plates 3PO. If I can get it for a decent price I might pick it up. I wish it had a better pilot though.

Jargo
07-05-2003, 01:03 PM
The green A-wing if I'm not mistaken, comes from either a computer game or comic book. There were only red A-wings in ROTJ because of the bluescreen capabilities. Originally the A-wings were blue and white but they would half vanich using the bluescreen so red was used instead. The only thing green about ROTJ A-wings was the pilots uniform.

Buy it anyway. The Kenner mold for the A-wing is still one of the best ships they've ever made despite the problem with the landing gear and sloppy behaviour of the cockpit opening function. Just for scale and detail it looks superb.