PDA

View Full Version : The Battle Droids in Episode 3 will turn on their creators?

Battle Droid
07-03-2003, 04:59 PM
They're getting more independent. (in Ep2 they weren't controlled by a Droid Control Ship)

Could this be the real reason why they aren't used anymore after Episode 3?

It happened with the IG Assassin droids. (even though that's Expanded Universe.)

Pendo
07-03-2003, 05:26 PM
That's a very good idea :). It's a possibility. When the clones turn against the Jedi, the Jedi may use the droids to help :).

PENDO!

Battle Droid
07-03-2003, 05:38 PM
Thanks. :)

If so, I assume it'll be the new one's that Coleman mentioned. (If he meant new battle droids, I assume he did.)

plo koon 200
07-03-2003, 10:48 PM
Now we have Star Wars: Episode III. Rise of the Machines. Not a bad idea but if it happens then Lucas is copying off the Terminator and Matrix films a bit too much not to mention ideas pertaining to Singularity. Technology does not appear to be that extreme of a focus for Lucas but I think you may be right and that might happen. This has been a very common theme ever since the play R.V.R from the 1920's.

TheDarthVader
07-05-2003, 01:42 PM
I will agree with Pendo. I believe that is a great idea and highly possible. ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-08-2003, 11:21 AM
I seriously doubt this will happen. I'm not sure how it will go down, but it doesn't involve droids turning against the CIS, methinks.

sith_killer_99
07-08-2003, 11:43 AM
I don't know? I thought I saw Droid Control ships in orbit above Geonosis. I could be wrong. Then again GL did film a Droid Control Ship scene for the film and then cut it, but I think that had to do more with time constraints (2 hours+ movie) than anything else.

I really don't see GL going that route. Then again, I though the idea of Boba being a clone of Jango who is also the source for the Clone Army was outrageous...and still do.

Battle Droid
07-08-2003, 07:01 PM
I just don't see why else they wouldn't use Battle Droids, but use Stormtroopers who can be defeated by Ewoks instead.

At least the Battle Droids didn't get defeated by the Gungans. The Clonetroopers were only able to defeat them because they out numbered the Battle Droids.

jawaboy
07-15-2003, 05:48 PM
I wish the battle droids would turn on their makers. Nothing would give me such pleasure as watching Ricky and Spudme running for their petty lives. Ahh. I'm back.