PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Out of the 4 Summer Blockbusters: X-Men, Matrix, Hulk, or Terminator?

Tycho
07-03-2003, 06:27 PM
Which is your favorite out of the 2003 Summer Blockbusters?

X-Men II?

The Matrix 2?

The Hulk?

Terminator 3?

Geeze it is really hard for me to decide, but I think I liked The Hulk the best for its story and drama, entralling me with its small cast of well-developed characters, and good supporting ones.

X-men II had the most kick-butt feel to it, and good compact story development, plus put the heroes and villains together for a twist, making Magneto work with Wolverine - that was cool. Storm had a nice part, too.

Terminator 3, I just saw last night. I loved it from the get-go. Awesome with some new humor. It took me overnight to get used to the new cast, that was a change. Seeing some of the recurring figures in the storyline helped though (not to spoiler it for those who don't know who to expect). I did like who they cast as John Conner, and he had a Kyle Reese feel to him, so it worked to have "the young Micheal Beahn in there." Somehow I felt like too much was missing from his character as they skipped over a lot of his life from when we last saw him as a kid in T2, until now. But the scene in the crypt vault actually covered a lot of that, though midway through the movie.

I might give Terminator a run for the top later. I've seen each movie once now - and I plan to see all of them (well maybe not the Matrix) a second time. Glad to have great movies this summer!

Wow! It's still hard to chose, and not necessarily a confident choice, but I'll stick with The Hulk, with my buddy Terminator 3 gaining on it fast!

El Chuxter
07-03-2003, 06:35 PM
X2 by miles and miles. It's not only the best movie so far this year, it's one of the best of all time, IMHO. The most perfect comic film, by far.

Write-in for first-and-a-half: Finding Nemo. Why'd you leave this one out? :(

Second is Hulk. It was a good movie, but not a great movie, and it didn't feel like a "blockbuster."

Third. . . well, I haven't seen the other two. Matrix, though, I want to catch on video, and I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to see Terminator 3. (I think it'll be just as disappointing as Alien 3 or Jurassic Park 3, so I won't waste my time.) So Matrix edges out T3. :D

Deoxyribonucleic
07-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Terminator 3 ALL THE WAY!!! The ONLY one that comes a little close is X2.

I will not waste hard earned cash on the Hulk or Matrix...YUCKA to both of those films, I spit in their general direction ;) :) :crazed:

Dr Zoltar
07-03-2003, 09:21 PM
X2 to for me, with T3 coming in a close 2nd. I've seen Matrix Reloaded but don't know if I'll spend my money on the Hulk.

mrmiller
07-04-2003, 03:06 AM
This is a difficult choice for me- either T3 or Matrix 2. I'll have to go with T3 for now until I see Matrix 3... Nah, Matrix 2- there was just so much to the movie. It had a lot more to it than the others, it was deeper (maybe too deep).

So:

Matrix 2
T3 (What a major surprise)
X-Men 2 (still great even at #3)
Everything else I've seen this summer
Hulk (a total load)

=MATT=

James Boba Fettfield
07-04-2003, 11:25 AM
I've been happy with Terminator 3. An excellent film, and X2 was great, too.

AT-AT Man
07-05-2003, 02:14 AM
I'd definately go with X2, love the movie. perfect movie for good old *** kicking and a kick *** story. next would be a write in, The Italian Job, i haven't had this much fun in a movie in a while. loved it. The third would be Matrix 2. the Hulk was horrible, biggest waste of money ever. haven't seen T3, and don't really have a big desire to see it. but whatever it's just my oppinion.

Hellboy
07-06-2003, 10:59 PM
This is an easy choice for me its X2.

-This movie is a comic book geeks dream come true. Great character developement and a compelling story. This movie belongs with the likes of Conan the Barbarian and The Crow as one of if not the best comic book to film translations ever.

- The Matrix Reloaded: Great movie with spectacular action sequences. I would've liked to have seen more progress made in the story department but it was still amazing.

- The Hulk: Good movie that could have been great it it would have stuck with it's strength's (the Hulk) and cut down on the weak points (so-so origin story).

- T3 Rise of the Machines: Typical run of the mill action pick. If you've seen T2 you've seen this. Good ending but wasn't enough to save this by the numbers action pick from having that been there done that feeling to it. It's like they forgot what made the other 2 movies so great, an apocolyptic tale of sci-fi time travel not just one chase scene leading to another.

Jedi Clint
07-06-2003, 11:53 PM
T3
X2
Reloaded

scruffziller
07-07-2003, 10:09 AM
I would have to go.

ReLoaded> These are almost tied
T3 >
X-Men
Hulk

The Overlord Returns
07-07-2003, 10:19 AM
Hmmm....

X2 is easily first....

Hulk is second....

I hated, loathed, despised M2....

I have yet to see T3 ...but it's getting quite a good response, so I suppose I will have to....

BlahBlahBlah
07-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Reloaded
T3
X2

I'm not even going to list the Hulk, because that doesn't deserve to be on a list of summer blockbusters.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-07-2003, 03:50 PM
What about Nemo? I'd say that was a blockbuster although it wasn't action oriented. I can think of few things I didn't like about it although Albert Brooks gets on my nerves somewhat. It was funny and looked spectacular on the big screen.

After Nemo I'd rank the other three as X2>M2>T3.

Rogue II
07-07-2003, 03:54 PM
I haven't felt compelled to see any of them. Once they area all out on DVD, I'd see them in this order

Matrix 2
Xmen 2
Terminator 3 doesn't really interest me, but I'd see it before I watched the Hulk.

Bobajames
07-14-2003, 12:59 AM
eh hem...
you are forgetting another major blockbuster my friends...
Dumb and Dumberer!!
instant classic. :D

Exhaust Port
07-14-2003, 01:02 AM
X2

I can't wait for X3.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-14-2003, 01:55 AM
Now that i've seen most of the anticipated flicks, here is my summer rundown:

1. Hulk/X2
2. Terminator 3
3. Finding Nemo
4. Matrix: Reloaded

It's unfair to compare X2 to the Hulk simply cause X2 was able to do a lot more due to it being a sequel. I loved both of these films immensely. :D

jpak001
07-26-2003, 03:51 PM
Well I've only seen two of 'em this year (and one was on DVD ;) ).
so...

Reloaded
X2

I really do want to see T3 & Hulk, but hate going to movie theaters these days... It seems that no one respects that other people are there anymore, and just talk and make noise through the whole movie... Really chaps my hide! I'll probably see them in my cheesy "home theater" when they come out on DVD :D . I anticipate that I'm really going to like the Hulk.

I have to say though, I think LOTR Return of the King is going to surpass all movies this year, hands down! And that is one that I will see in the theater (probably a few times) That's just my prediction :cool:

scruffziller
08-19-2003, 09:50 PM
I would have to go.

ReLoaded> These are almost tied
T3 >
X-Men
Hulk

I am amending my choices. I have to put FREDDY VS. JASON at the top now.:cool:

bobafrett
08-19-2003, 10:59 PM
Well, I've only seen three of the four choices, and so far I'd have to say X-Men 2 is at the top. I haven't seen the newest Terminator flick, since my movie watching companion, my son, has moved back to Florida for the next 2 years.

Pendo
08-20-2003, 05:48 AM
X2 is at the top for me, followed by Matrix, then T3, and finally Hulk. I haven't actually seen Hulk yet though, but don't really intend to either :).

PENDO!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-20-2003, 11:11 AM
I say X2. Then Matrix Reloaded. I never bothered seeing Hulk and never had time to see T3.

2-1B
01-19-2008, 07:23 PM
X-Men 2 was the best of these while Terminator 3 was awesome.

Matrix 2 and Hulk were terrible, just awful, actually Matrix Reloaded was WORSE than Hulk...not sure how they pulled that off but they did.

General_Grievous
01-20-2008, 12:55 AM
X2 really pwned the hell out of the other movies.

UKWildcat
02-21-2008, 07:46 PM
X-Men 2 for sure. I did enjoy Terminator 3 as well. Didn't care much for the other two. Basically, what Caesar said. :thumbsup:

Deoxyribonucleic
02-21-2008, 08:02 PM
while Terminator 3 was awesome.

You and me baby, you and me know why! YUMMMMMMMALICIOUOS YUM YUM KRISTANNA and on my side o the fence to boot. Who knew?

2-1B
02-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Is she really ? :confused:

Good for her, she just elevated that much higher in my estimation. :thumbsup:

Deoxyribonucleic
02-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Is she really ? :confused:

Good for her, she just elevated that much higher in my estimation. :thumbsup:

OMG, you didn't know? Wow, I'm surprised. I actually have a picture I RIPPED out of a magazine of her full on making out with a chick plus I've heard rumors abound of her dating women, including a quicky with PINK. Alas, they are only rumors, but when they start stackin' up, somewhere in there is a little bit o' truth ;)

Man when I found out about Portia DeRossi too I almost fell over backwards. Yet another hottie on my side of the fence. All I have to say is that Ellen must have one heck of a personality ;)

2-1B
02-21-2008, 08:22 PM
'Ox, you should be hittin' every one of those beautiful babies...Pink, Portia, Kristanna...go get 'em, tigress. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
02-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Kristanna Loken was one of the few good things about "Terminator 3". But I still say it would have been better had they not killed off Sarah Connor and kept Ed Furlong as John Connor. But at least the franchise isn't dead, what with the new TV show and the upcoming fourth movie with Christian Bale.

2-1B
02-22-2008, 12:33 AM
No way dude, Nick Stahl was the balls.

UKWildcat
02-22-2008, 12:35 AM
Ben Hawkins?

General_Grievous
02-22-2008, 12:43 AM
No way dude, Nick Stahl was the balls.
...in "Sin City".

I'm not saying he was a bad John Connor. All I'm saying is it would have been nice to see Furlong back in the role.

TeeEye7
02-22-2008, 09:01 AM
All I have to say is that Ellen must have one heck of a personality ;)

Surrounded by a nest of Ben Franklins :yes:.

CaptainSolo1138
02-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Stay on topic.:thumbsup:

OK, who am I kidding. Proceed with the naming of hot vagetarians.

(Good dig, Uke!)

UKWildcat
02-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Ahhh, I really can't take credit. Caesar (who else?) brought this thread to the surface a while ago, I merely brushed the dirt off. :D

Deoxyribonucleic
02-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Surrounded by a nest of Ben Franklins :yes:.

I forgot about that DOH!

bobafrett
02-24-2008, 03:43 PM
All I have to say is that Ellen must have one heck of a personality ;)

I had a big time crush on Ellen when I first saw her with her long goldon locks. This was when she first started being noticed as a stand up comedian. Then I found out that I would never stand a chance of tangling under the sheets with her.................... :cry: