PDA

View Full Version : Superman movie has Hayden Christiansen as contender for Clark Kent role

Tycho
07-03-2003, 05:32 PM
This sucks.

Smallville fans want the cast of the Warner Bros. No. 1 show to just carry their roles over to the big screen, playing their older characters.

The whole cast is far older than their high school characters on the show anyway.

Warner Bros. will tick a lot of Superman fans off if they don't do it this way. Even Christopher Reeve (the original movie Superman) guest stars on Smallville, while Anette O'Toole (the original movie Lana Lang) plays Martha Kent, of the regular weekly cast on the show.

People who don't watch Smallville are so missing out!

Warner Bros. who owns everything to do with Superman, DC Comic Movie rights, etc. are so missing out if they don't cast Tom Welling (Clark on Smallville) as the older Superman!

They need no one else!

2-1B
07-03-2003, 10:27 PM
Hayden Christensen would be AWESOME!
I hope he gets it. :)

DarthChuckMc
07-03-2003, 10:33 PM
but what about the curse??????

The CURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

derek
07-04-2003, 01:50 PM
but what about the curse??????

The CURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey, the skywalker curse ain't nothing to sneeze at, ya know? :crazed:
maybe hayden will try to kill two birds at once by having a successful career after playing a skywalker and a kent! ;)

Pendo
07-04-2003, 01:55 PM
Hayden as Superman? IMO I can't see it working.

PENDO!

bobafrett
07-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Yeah, Superman was no whiner, I hope if he gets the role, they have a better script. Personally I think he's a little scrawny for the role, but he (Hayden) will have to bulk up some anyway if he wants to fill the Dark Lords shoes.

Bosskman
07-04-2003, 09:54 PM
Hayden's an awesome Anakin. He by far exceeded my expectations in AOTC (although they were pretty low after jake lloyd) and I'm confident he'll be perfect in EIII. I just can't see him as superman though. As far as the Smallville cast goes, I can't see that happening for some reason. I'd love to see Smallville's cast, or most of them, continue in a spinoff about superman after the show weres down though. That would RULE. Oh yeah, to reiterate my point. Hayden as Anakin=awesome, hayden as superman=weird.

RooJay
07-07-2003, 09:59 PM
:rolleyes:

Although I can't say that I'd be happy seeing the cast of Smallville in the movie either, nor the storyline for the movie being taken up from Smallville.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-07-2003, 10:44 PM
I can see Hayden as Jimmy Olsen, but not Clark Kent.

RooJay
07-07-2003, 10:58 PM
Sounds about right to me! :D

InsaneJediGirl
07-12-2003, 09:57 PM
Hayden is a rather good actor,but he is no Clark Kent.The cast of Smallville cast would be a much better choice.However,the drawback to that is the new movie might look like one giant Smallville episode.

Tycho
07-12-2003, 10:54 PM
Well I wish Smallville epsides were 2 hours long now!

So I'm all for the movie!

Hey, there's a surprise guest star at Smallville's main event at Comic Con!

Early probabilities point to Chloe or Lex !

I'll be in heaven if it's Lana Lang - no I'll be in her hotel room!

But ANY of this great cast would be cool! I'd love to tell Tom Welling to go for the movie role and I plan to bring that up with the producers and writers who will be there, and get this stated in front of all the Smallville fans at Comic Con who will be their prime audience!

sith_killer_99
07-12-2003, 11:32 PM
I can see Hayden as Jimmy Olsen, but not Clark Kent.

lol

I'm sure Hayden could bulk up for the part, just stick him on a roid program for about 6 months.

Seriously though, I really like the cast from Smallville, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new cast for the movie.

I said it before and I'll say it again, my vote goes to Christian Bale from Reign of Fire, he really had the look for it in that movie. I'd also like to see the man of steel with longer hair for this movie.