PDA

View Full Version : Who's fan's choice figs are these?

Jaff
07-04-2003, 09:47 AM
I was browsing the Ralphie Stormtrooper posting when I saw an opinion that irked my curiosity. An intelligent comment was made by Aikman81999 that said "A concept figure shouldn't have been in the poll to begin with!" Of course I'm talking about the debatable Fan club poll that has now passed it's 4th figure vote. Also on the thread the comment that Hasbro needs to get rid of the Fans choice poll forever. So I thought all of you should put your two cents in, and thanks to tycho's idea with Wave by Wave, I thought all of you would like to vote on who you voted for during the 1st poll, and answer a question or two.

So first off answer if you voted in the 1st hasbro poll.
Then let us know who you voted for in the first poll. If you haven't voted in that poll who would you have voted for? The first poll was for:

Duros - Cantina Bar Alien (SW)
Teempto Pagalies - Podracer (TPM)
Eeth Koth - Jedi Master (TPM - ATOC)
Amanaman - Jabba Palace Alien (ROTJ)
Bom Vindim - Cantina Bar Alien (SW)

Finally were you pleased with this POLL. Only cover poll 1 for now. We'll discuss other polls and issues later. And if you were not pleased why, and were you anxious for the next poll?

Jaff
07-04-2003, 09:52 AM
In answer to my own posting I did vote to Hasbro and I voted for Amanaman.

He's got to be one of my favorite figs of all time. I was satisfied with the results even though my selection didn't win. Bom Vimdim would have been my second choice so the results of the first voting was a surprise for me even though I was pleasantly suprised. Duros was a very nice figure.

Kidhuman
07-04-2003, 01:34 PM
I didnt vote in any poll until the last one. I would have voted for Amanaman or Eeth Koth though. Duros is a good figure. I was actually happy to see Amanaman for choice two though.

TheDarthVader
07-04-2003, 01:37 PM
I didn't vote in the first poll and I would have voted for Amanaman.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-04-2003, 03:24 PM
I also voted for Amanaman in the first poll as he is my favorite jabba character, next to Sy Snootles, but I was not at all unhappy that Ellorrs Madak won, as he would have been my second choice.

:)

JediTricks
07-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Although I think Duros is a great figure, I don't remember if I voted for him or didn't vote at all - few of those choices are my style and I wouldn't have actually known Duros would have come off so well.

I really wanted the Concept Trooper to win, I've wanted a fig of that and other ANH concept figs (Vader, R2, Chewie) for quite a while. I just didn't realize Hasbro was gonna make such a poor representation of the trooper, if I had, I would have suggested others to not vote for it. That's the problem IMO, you can't predict whether Hasbro will muck up a figure they haven't designed yet.

AmanaMatt
07-04-2003, 08:34 PM
In the first, I voted for Amanaman. In the second, I voted for Amanaman. Man, had he lost again, I would have been upset, but in the end, I love the Duros fig and of course Amanaman. (Epahnt Mon is still too good to believe...)

Stormie Concept is an insult to the poll (the final result, I mean), and you better believe I will let Hasbro know my dissatisfaction come SDCC.

Jaff
07-05-2003, 02:28 AM
one poll at a time please

Jargo
07-05-2003, 07:22 AM
I voted for Bom Vimdim. I liked my vintage Amanaman enough to think he still fitted in with the other newer figures and didn't necessarily need a resculpt. Teemto is cool now we have him but as a fan's choice I wanted something more substantial. Eeth koth was just too boring for me to think of in terms of a Fan's choice figure and so i went for the hard faced cantina patron with a unique look and cool costume. The cantina is full of mercenaries and bounty hunters apparently and I just wanted an out and out thug for my cantina.
When the Duro won I was a bit miffed. The concept drawings looked good though and the hardcopy pics also looked good but i nearly freaked when we finally got the figure and it was pint sized. What the hell is that tiny thing, Duro are huge like the Neimoidians. In the movie the Duro are tall so what the hell is this midget hasbro gave us? Once I saw that I realised it didn't bode well for any future fan's choice. Duro too small and Ephant too tall Amanaman touted as a deluxe figure, concept stormie crud, vote rigging and all of that. I stand by my earlier assertion that if people are bothering to vote on these choices it proves a market is there for all the choices and therefore Hasbro can make all the figures in a poll and rely on resonable returns from them. The whole fan's choice poll is a mockery.

Turbowars
07-05-2003, 10:51 AM
Poll #1 I voted for Bom. The crappy thing is he's the only one from the list that did get made yet. Oh and yes the polls are a mockery

evenflow
07-05-2003, 11:29 AM
I voted for Amanaman in the first poll.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-06-2003, 12:02 PM
I don't know if I voted on any of them, but I wanted Eeth Koth to win. I like all of the characters on that list, and it's cool that most of them have been made. :)

Banthaholic
07-06-2003, 10:42 PM
I didn't vote but mine would have been Amanaman. I am happy now that Duros won, since we were able to get Amanaman in poll 2. Duros is a great obscure character from the OT that was never made before. Too me that makes him extra cool.
I'm holding out hope that Bom Vimdim will be made, he would easily have been my second choice. Gotta love them Cantina aliens.

aikman8_1999
07-07-2003, 01:44 AM
RE:

Weak selection IMHO here. Basically all aliens, 1 jedi.
Hurm.
Duros was my pick, came out good.
Although, a total pegwarmer too

Dark Marble
07-07-2003, 12:20 PM
I also didn't vote in the first poll, as I remember :confused: , but I would have voted for Amanaman. Although it has been said the poll line up was pretty poor, and I agree.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-07-2003, 02:20 PM
I voted for Duros as I think Amanaman is the embodiment of everything that is wrong in the world. He's a smushed, partially-unripe banana peel for heaven's sake! ;)

These fan polls have turned out to be a joke in that they end up making almost all the other figures anyway. I'd still keep them around though even if it's just to trash talk Tycho & Co. on their old man figure proclivities. :D

Rogue II
07-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Well, it has been so long since the first poll, I can't remember if I voted for the Duro or Bom Vindim. Either way, I'm glad the Duro won.

I voted for Duros as I think Amanaman is the embodiment of everything that is wrong in the world. He's a smushed, partially-unripe banana peel for heaven's sake! ;)

Sounds about right to me. I certainly didn't vote for Amanaman in either poll because he is a lame character. Yeah, I bought him anyway.
:crazed:

Jaff
07-07-2003, 04:09 PM
OK, so far we have:

1 vote for Eeth Koth
2 votes for Duros
2 votes for Bom Vimdim
7 votes for Amanaman

1 vote undecided between Bom or Duro
1 vote unclear

Any other votes for this first poll before we go to the next one?

Rogue II
07-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Well, you can change my undecided vote to Bom because I have this tendency to pick losers.:crazed:;)

Jaff
07-07-2003, 09:21 PM
underachievers always pick the cool stuff rougue II.

DarthChuckMc
07-07-2003, 09:33 PM
I picked Bom at the time, but was glad to see Duros won. I still want Bom though.

seth_quinn
07-08-2003, 07:57 AM
I didn't vote but would've picked Duros, just can't get enough of those cantina aliens. the final product was pretty good save for his aforementioned peg-warming abilities.

Jaff
07-08-2003, 06:09 PM
O.K. so Hasbro anounced Duros won for the first poll in June 2000 as you all know but our little poll shows the following:

Amanaman - 8 votes
Bom Vimdin - 4 votes
Duros - 2 votes
Eeth Koth - 1 vote
Teempto - nobody loves this little guy

There was one vote on this forum that didn't say what they would/would have voted for, and another vote that said Amanaman or Eeth Koth.

Duros (Ellorrs Madak) was released in June 01, but both Amanaman (11/01) and Eeth Koth (12/01) quickly followed. Teemto was released last year in July 02. So wheres Bom Vimdin? Hasbro stated that 100,000 votes were given and Amanaman was a close second.

I will keep a record of these votes as we go forward for those who wish to put their 2 cents in but for now lets start voting on the next fan club poll. This poll was also taken in 2000, and the figures were:

Amanaman - Jabba bounty hunter (ROTJ)
Admiral Ozzel - Imperial lowlife (ESB)
Ben Quadinaros - Podracer (TPM)
Major Bren Derlin - Rebel (ESB)
Yareal Poof - Jedi (TPM)

Jaff
07-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Since I voted for Amanaman in the first vote I did vote for him again in the second vote. Yareal Poof was my second choice. All of the other figures were just not interesting enough to even compare to Yareal and Amanaman. Obviously hasbro planned on making Amanaman or Yareal Poof because of the weak selections offered so this poll seemed frivolous. However I was not dissapointed in the results.

DarthChuckMc
07-08-2003, 07:02 PM
I voted Amanaman on this one. The others were bleh....I figured we'd get Yareal anyway eventually....and 4 years later by gum, I was right.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-08-2003, 07:30 PM
I voted for amanaman because I voted for him in the first one and they didn't make him.

However, Major Bren Derlin and Admiral Ozzel were my second and third choices...I don't vote for prequel figures :sur: :)

Rogue II
07-08-2003, 07:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I voted for Major Bren Derlin. And I'd do it again, too!

Banthaholic
07-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Yareal Poof - Jedi (TPM)

I didn't vote since I wasn't actively collecting at this point, although Mr. Banana Peel would have gotten my vote.

Admiral Ozzel would have/could be a great addition to my collection. I really hope Hasbro continues the trend to produce the 'losers', since other than concept figures the fan's choice nominies should all be made. IMO

Kidhuman
07-08-2003, 08:32 PM
I didnt vote but would of voted for Bren.

stillakid
07-08-2003, 10:41 PM
That was too long ago. I can't remember who I voted for.

But regardless, I think it's all a bunch of hooey anyway. Hasbro most likely decides which figures it will do next, then puts up a phony poll to give the illusion that the fans have some kind of say in it. To keep up interest (and measure it at the same time). It doesn't matter who you vote for...they already decided for us.

DarthChuckMc
07-08-2003, 10:42 PM
are you implying that hasbro's figure polls are faux??

if so, your're in for a fight mister!!

j/k of course ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
07-08-2003, 11:17 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I believe I voted for Ozzel. I was hoping to get him together with Motti for a good choke-fest. :D

stillakid
07-09-2003, 09:03 AM
are you implying that hasbro's figure polls are faux??

if so, your're in for a fight mister!!

j/k of course ;)

I'm merely suggesting it as an entirely viable possibility.

Why?

1. They have absolutely no reason to care what this loose ragtag group of collectors wants. They make these for the kids, right?

2. Too many of the winners don't reflect the informal polling done here in this random sample.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-09-2003, 11:18 AM
2. Too many of the winners don't reflect the informal polling done here in this random sample.

YEssssssssssssss, why is this? I've really noticed this since Tycho and Jaff have been doing these polls as of late. I find it hard to believe that there are all these "people" out there voting that don't visit any other star wars collecting sites, but who knows really, except for the ballad stuffers at Hasbro ;)

DarthChuckMc
07-09-2003, 02:48 PM
I'm merely suggesting it as an entirely viable possibility.

Why?

1. They have absolutely no reason to care what this loose ragtag group of collectors wants. They make these for the kids, right?

I totally agree with you. That's what the j/k was for.

Jaff
07-09-2003, 04:27 PM
For those not familiar with the term j/k it means JUST KIDDING.

By the way Stillakid I think 95% of every collector out there is going to agree with you on this topic, and some might even show pain and resentment towards the poll.

But for now lets keep the votes comming in, at the end of the final poll we will debate this topic then, and a few others.

TheDarthVader
07-09-2003, 05:20 PM
First, I agree with Stillakid. (did I actually just type that?) haha

Second, I did not vote on this poll either (did not know about it) but I would have voted for Ozzel.

stillakid
07-09-2003, 09:27 PM
I totally agree with you. That's what the j/k was for.

:) No misunderstanding... I understood. :) I just felt as if I should have clarified myself better anyway. Thanks!

Jaff
07-10-2003, 11:32 AM
OK so far here are the following results so far for the 2nd poll

Amanaman - 5 votes
Admiral Ozzell - 2 votes
Bren Derlin - 2 votes
Ben Quadinaros - no votes
Yareal Poof - no votes (that's hard to believe)

One person did not note who they would vote for so since he's responded to this post three times I would like to at least have him respond to who he would have voted for, even if the poll is generally considered rigged! How about it still a kid. And come on folks this thread has had double the hits of those who voted on it. Leave your remarks so when can see what everyone thinks.

Tycho
07-10-2003, 12:29 PM
I voted for:

Duro first poll - reason - never made before. Useful as an extra alien in a lot of scenes since Duros began exploring the galaxy before even humans did. Bom Vimdim would have been my second choice. I resent the comment that "these figures are all just aliens and Jedi." Star Wars without aliens and Jedi is just GI Joe (forgetting about the droids for a moment). In any case, I hoped all the vintage would be redone (and today they only have about 14 left to do) so I figured Amanaman wasn't an emergency to win that first poll. I also figured that Jedi Council members would be made as a category, all or none. It appears that by today, finally, I was right. I do love my Eeth Koth figure, just also figured I'd get him anyway.

Amanaman second poll - reason, hoping that being shot down twice wouldn't kill our chances at getting this figure. I wanted Yarael Poof the next most, then ANY Podracer (cause I hope to get almost all of them made!), and finally Derlin, because I felt Riekeen should be done first. Mostly, I just didn't want Hasbro to think we didn't want to see Amanaman, so we could get that vintage redone. I don't want Ozzel. I'm not doing that scene so I don't need him, then or now. I don't buy every figure (just 99% of them) so I don't care if they DO make him, for all you Ozzel fans. I want Veers and Jerjerrod amongst Imperials now.

stillakid
07-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Well, like I said the first time...

That was too long ago. I can't remember who I voted for.

But I'll try to jiggle some old memories loose though I won't vouch for accuracy.

The first poll was for:

I most likely voted for Amanaman. Though I had purchased a vintage one a couple of years ago, I figured a new sculpt would be worth it.

There was one vote on this forum that didn't say what they would/would have voted for, and another vote that said Amanaman or Eeth Koth.
This poll was also taken in 2000, and the figures were:

Yareal Poof - Jedi (TPM)

I have no recollection of this poll whatsoever. It's entirely possible that I never voted on this one. But if I did, my vote most likely would have gone to either Amanaman (in surprise that he didn't win the first time) or to Ben Quadinaros, just because he's so cool looking.

Jargo
07-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Yareal Poof - Jedi (TPM)

As far as I recall I either voted for Ozzel or Quadinaros. I have a vague suspicion that I voted Quadinaros out of sheer perverse pleasure. I think I really wanted Ozzel though because my thing is for Imperials of any description. It would also give michael sheard something else to talk about. :D But I think it was the little green guy who got the vote.
Now as far as characters go, Amanaman like i already said i didn't really need because the vintage one did the job for me. he omly stands in the shadows so the innaccuracies didn't matter to me. Ozzel would just be a really cool character to have to swell the Imp officers ranks. Quadinaros I can't imagine having much articulation and he'd be too small to pay full price for. I'd want something big with him if he's a fan's choice like a pod cockpit. Derlin was just too dull to even contemplate realy. Yareal poof was a good choice for the poll and i really thought he'd win but You never can tell. Having seen the pic of the screen scene Poof I think he'd have been a great winner. Something unusual. When i finally got the strangely non deluxe Amanaman from the POTJ deluxe line, I was quite disappointed i the tiny scale of him just like with the Duro. Sure he was more detailed than the vintage one and had great looking accessories but the bendy staff and the skelington were hardly worthy of the cost. Poof would have at least been tall and wide. Better value for money I think. I can think no more exept that I want to know if this was the poll that courted controversy over rigging of votes?

JangoFart
07-10-2003, 09:12 PM
During the first Fan's Choice poll, I voted for Eeth Koth. Although I basically don't know jack about his backstory, he seems like a cool dude.

For the second one, I voted for Yareal Poof. He looks very cool, has that monster neck thing going on, and totes a lightsaber. That's good enough to earn a vote from me.

All in all, I'm happy with the Fan's Choice polls. Are they perfect? Nowhere near it; but what the hell is? It's fun every now and then to at least pretend that we have some input with our crack pushers to request a certain flavor. :)

J

Turbowars
07-10-2003, 09:21 PM
I don't think I voted, but it would have been for Ozzell, the others suck hard.

JEDIpartner
07-11-2003, 08:45 AM
I was browsing the Ralphie Stormtrooper posting when I saw an opinion that irked my curiosity. An intelligent comment was made by Aikman81999 that said "A concept figure shouldn't have been in the poll to begin with!" Of course I'm talking about the debatable Fan club poll that has now passed it's 4th figure vote...

Firstly, I voted for Amanaman.

Secondly, I think the concept figures SHOULD be included in the polls. The reason being that only hard-core fans would really "get" the whole Ralph McQuarrie concept art thing. We, as "true hard-core fans", have probably pored over every piece of literature, art, merchandise, etc... and thought, Man! That design is tight! I wonder what it would have looked like if they had used that in the film as another type of character!! Thusly, we would be the only ones who could appreciate such a piece. So, Hasbro asks us if we want this. The general purchaser of Star Wars figures (kids... and yes they are out there I have three co-workers with children under 10 who are SO into the figures) couldn't care less about something they didn't see in the film. With that in mind... unless we say we want this, they probably won't make it.

For all the griping that has been going on about this Concept Stormie, I think it was badly executed but it could have been a really neat little figure. I don't find this figure or any of the other concept art styled figures that have been made in the POTJ line to be any different than the "interpretations" of the characters in the Unleashed line.

Jaff
07-11-2003, 11:42 AM
When Aikman81999 posts again hopefully he will note on your posting Jediprtnr, and although I want to say my opinion I'm going to hold off until we get near the end of the voting. I have a fealing there will be bodies flying around sirsteves site when we start debating this topic. So rather than opening up that can of worms I'm going to refrain so we can keep focused on the voting because that will be important to the topic at hand! Thanks everyone for keeping the votes coming. Later today or tomorrow I will post the current results and poll #3.

Tycho
07-11-2003, 12:25 PM
Sorry, I have to chime in and say hardcore fans read books about the Yuuzhan Vong, Jaina Solo, Kir Kanos, Quinlan Vos, Admiral Palleon, and want those figures, not burnt-out, scrapped ideas for what Maul and a stormtrooper were going to look like.

Casual collecting fans don't know what the Noghri are and could care less if we ever got a Barabel figure.

I CARE and I stay in this hobby waiting for the day I get these figures versus another Qui-Gon or Jango Fett.

JEDIpartner
07-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Well... that's your opinion. I know plenty of people I associate with that really dig the concept figures. I was asked to give my opinion and I gave it... so, sorry you don't agree with it. *shrug*

Jaff
07-11-2003, 06:31 PM
O.K. It seems the voting has stopped for a few posts so I've decided to post the current results and start us on poll III. I'm going to hate to see the comments comming on poll IV with the concept stormie, but until the end of the voting try not to throw sparking sabers at each other. After the voting is finished it's no holds barred. Let out the dark side in you show for that debate. Hey wait does that mean I can get banned from this site for encouraging potential harshness. :crazed:

Anyways Poll 1 according to SirSteve readers
Amanaman - The winner - 8 votes
Duros - The real winner - 4 votes
Bom Vimdim - 4 votes (the only figure not made)
Eeth Koth - 2 votes
Teempto Pagalies - no votes - the looser, didn't anyone vote for him?

Poll#2 according to SirSteve readers
Amanaman - The real winner - 8 votes
Admiral Ozzel - 3 votes
Major Bren Derlin - 2 votes
Yareal Poof & Ben Quadinaros - Tied??? with only 1 vote each

It was obvious that Amanaman was the winner because he was so quickly released. I would assume that Kenner guessed he would win because of the first poll. This would help the theory that Kenner rigs these tests. However the next poll was an obvious giveaway as to who would win. Yes we're talking Ephant Mon. Why on earth would Kenner ask us who we would pick to be made next out of this group? So vote up folks lets hear who you voted for.

Poll#3
Ephant Mon - ROTJ (Jabba's Head of Security)
Twi'lek Masseuse - Episode I (One of the girls playing with Sebulba -
Ohhh-La-La wantabe)
General Rieekan - ESB (Rebel leader Hoth)
Even Piell - Episode I (Ran over Yoda Jedi - he has a reason not to smile)
R1-G4 - Another droid? What's that doing on this list?

Jaff
07-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Obviously from the sarcasm I gave there is no doubt that I voted for Ephant Mon on the sight. I even got a person who was not into Star Wars to vote for him on their computer. I was psyched about this one being made, and I can't wait for the day when Hermi Odle comes on the voting plate. I had little doubt he would win. This vote was bogus because the rest of the figs didn't have a chance.
Truthfully Even Piell and General Rieekan would have been awesome to get, but they did not even compare to Ephant so that's all I have to say about that! :D

Deoxyribonucleic
07-11-2003, 07:05 PM
I voted for General Rieekan!!!

*side note: I agree with JediPartner and Tycho, I love the concept and EU figs! ;)

Turbowars
07-11-2003, 07:11 PM
I think I voted for R1, I aways wanted that droid, but I am very happy with Ephant Mon. The funny thing is I never noticed Mon until this poll was started. Can you believe after seeing ROTJ about 1000 times I need saw him? I should be ashamed of myself.

Tycho
07-11-2003, 07:38 PM
I voted for Ephant Mon on the third poll - reason - he's huge and they'd have to work for my money (which they earned well!)

This was honestly the hardest poll to vote in: I wanted all the figures! R1-G4 would have also been a huge figure, just much more basic than Ephant Mon. Everyone knows I've pushed for General Rieeken, but as long as there was a Fans' Choice poll for Ephant Mon, I figured I'd get the effort out of Hasbro. Meanwhile, Even Piel fit that "have to make all the Jedi Council members category" so I figured they'd do him - and today they have. Ann and Tan Gella, the Twi'Lek sisters I also DO really want, they are just not right up on my pirority list right now:

Twi'Lek girls we do have:

Green: Oola (slave)
White: Lyn Mei (dancer)
Orange: Shaaka (consort)
Blue: Aayla Secura (Jedi)

Eventually I'd like:

Blue: Ann / Tan Gella (masseuse)

We also have male Twi'Leks

white: Bib Fortuna (criminal)
blue: Orm Free Taa (politician)
blue: Anoon Bondarra (I wish! Jedi)

but this is a little ridiculous.

Females we do and don't have:

Rodian (Greeta - check)
Human (as in Club Outlander - nope)
Handmaidens (Dorme, Corde, Padme disguised- nope)
Gungan (nope)
Ewok (nope)

We have plenty of female Jedi now: Shaak-Ti, Adi Gallia, Luminara, Bariss, Aayla, Depa Billaba, Mara Jade, Leia Solo.

They could do EU females : Mon Calarmai blue Ibatisam - Rogue Squadron, and red - Bant Erin, Jedi Knight.

And a female Wookiee - Mallatabuk, Chewie's wife.

Anyways, I'm way off on a tangeant. Get back to voting!

JediTricks
07-11-2003, 07:46 PM
On poll 2, I believe I voted for Yareal Poof, though I might have voted for Amanaman just to get the fans of that loser to be quiet. ;) Except for the podracer Ben Quadinaros & Amanapeel, all those figs should have been made.

BTW, so much of Ralph McQuarrie's SW concept art is fantastic, I'd love to have toys of that stuff.

As for poll 3, I definitely would have voted for R1-G4, with a very distant second for Rieekan. I don't really like Ephant as a character (hah! set decor at best) or a figure, he's like Hermie Odle and Amanaman, stuff I don't want that just stands there and drools looking like a sack of meat.

Beast
07-11-2003, 07:46 PM
I've been out of town, and occupied with real life so I've been unable to leave a comment or a vote until I got back. But here's what I voted for in the first three. :)

Poll #1:
Amanaman - I never got him as a kid, and wanted a new better sculpted more acurate version. Though I was incredibly happy with the Duros figure who did win. :)

Poll #2:
Amanaman - Fearing the rumors were true, and we wouldn't get him anytime soon, I again voted for the big yellow moldy banana. And was very pleased with the final figure. :)

Poll #3:
Ephant Mon - Though I was flipflopping with R1-G4. Another case where hackers and the split of the vote between the alien lovers and the droid lovers almost led us to getting the masseuse. Thankfully Hasbro recounted the votes and declared Ephant the winner. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
07-11-2003, 08:22 PM
I think I voted for R1, I aways wanted that droid, but I am very happy with Ephant Mon. The funny thing is I never noticed Mon until this poll was started. Can you believe after seeing ROTJ about 1000 times I need saw him? I should be ashamed of myself.

Me too...on all counts. :D

and I still want want R1-G4.

Kidhuman
07-11-2003, 08:39 PM
I would of voted for Ephant Mon. I always thought he was cool looking. Plus he is huge. Jabbas Palace is always welcome when it comes to my collection. Out of every movie set, Jabbas Palce is my favorite. Rieekan would be a great addition and hopefully we will get him soon.

Banthaholic
07-11-2003, 08:54 PM
Poll 3, I would have voted for R1. He is just awesome!!!
Although I also like Ephan, the and Sebulba's girls, and the hoth General. Definitely IMO the toughest of polls to vote in so far.
I really hope Hasbro makes R1, the droids from ANH have always been so cool since I was a kid. Imagine how cool R1 would look in front of a SandCrawler (if they ever realize we'd rather buy that that rehashed clone war items)

stillakid
07-12-2003, 01:55 AM
Man! That design is tight! !!

I think that some of us are too old to use the word "tight." ;) Not to mention that I really only have a vague notion of what it is supposed to mean. What a strange language we have...

In any case, I'm pretty sure I voted for Ephont Man. That figure is "heavy!" (Literally ;) )

Jargo
07-12-2003, 07:56 AM
I voted Ephant Mon purely on a value for money basis. I thought by voting for the big guy we would get past the tiny little figures from past choices. Although, truth be told I also wanted R1-G4. A unique droid or alien will always get my support. Rieeken was just oo dull for my tastes and I'm not a big fan of Hoth fashions. Ann Gela is just one more semi-naked alien chick and we have enough of those already. Even Piell is one of those characters you pick up if they make it but isn't essential to the collection. He's been made now anyway so i'm glad i didn't vote for him.
My disappointment with Ephant as winner is that he's far too big and hasbroken went the other way scale wise. Ephant should be Amanamans height and he's almost half as tall as again. Lovely lump of plastic but far too big. R1 needs to be made though. I'm done with astro droids as such but a nice R1 would at least be a little different while still keeping the theme. A reactor drone is what we need for keeping those spaceships ticking over.

Jaff
07-12-2003, 12:56 PM
I don't know Emperor Jargo, I thought Ephant was pretty close to scale, while Amanaman should have been taller. He's the right hight for humanoid figures. Even more extreme was that ephant was taller than jabbas mouth from the floor of the palace room.

Jargo
07-12-2003, 01:24 PM
I don't know Emperor Jargo, I thought Ephant was pretty close to scale, while Amanaman should have been taller. He's the right hight for humanoid figures. Even more extreme was that ephant was taller than jabbas mouth from the floor of the palace room.Yes Amanaman should have been taller. Same size as the vintage version. But even then Ephant would be too tall. In movie stills he's only just taller than Amanaman, perhaps eight inches or so. Jabba isn't that big really He looked bigger because he was spread out and raised up on his dias but as we know when he's moving around by himself he's pretty much human height.

seth_quinn
07-12-2003, 06:15 PM
wow, step out for a day or two and suddenly this thread has three new pages. time to catch up,

for poll 2 it would have been Ben Quadinaros. I think the pod racers are an underrated pack of great alien freaks. I'm with Tycho, I'd like to see them all done.

for poll 3 I've gone with R1-G4. droids are good and I would have never expected hasbro to do such a good job Ephant Mon. in the end I am glad we got him instead.

TheDarthVader
07-13-2003, 11:08 PM
I didn't get to actually vote but I would have voted for Rieekan. I can't say that I'd vote for Ephant knowing how well the figure turned out. It wouldn't be fair. Anyways, Rieekan with R1-G4 second.

Hellboy
07-14-2003, 01:17 AM
I'm a little late getting to this thread so I've got some catching up to do.

-Poll #1: Duro- Like every SW fan I love the Cantina aliens and this one was high on my list of wants. The figure turned out fantastic and the shiny color of his suit is unique and accurate. I would have been happy with Bom as well though.

-Poll #2: Bren Derlin- I really wanted this one but was pleased with Amanaman even if it wasn't one of my top choices in the poll.

-Poll #3: R1-G4- Ephant Mon was amazing but I was more interested in seeing this hugely unique droid getting produced. Looking back I'm happy Ephant Mon won but I worry we won't ever see this droid.

BoShek
07-14-2003, 10:51 AM
Where's Bom Vindim at??? :frus:

Jaff
07-14-2003, 07:41 PM
Boshek, did you want to vote on who you would have voted for or just making a political statement. :p

Jaff
07-15-2003, 05:06 PM
It's time for a recap since there has not been a vote for a day or two which means we'll start voting on the next poll in a day or two. So far our updated results are as follows in order of the most votes:

Poll#1
Amanaman with 9 votes
Duros with 5 votes
Bom Vimdim with 4 votes
Eeth Koth with 2 votes
Teempto Pagalies with 0 votes

Poll#2
Amanaman with 9 votes
Admiral Ozzel with 3 votes
Bred Derlin with 3 votes
Yareal Poof with 2 votes
Ben Quadinaros with 2 votes

Poll#3
Ephant Mon with 6 votes
R1-G4 with 6 votes
General Riekan with 2 votes
Even Piell with 0 votes
Twi'lek Masseuse with 0 votes

I am sure a few more votes will come in to break the tie with Poll#3, and I'm real curious as I am sure most of you are about the voting of poll#4 with the Concept Stormtrooper. Keep your eyes open for the next post to start voting! :)

Jaff
07-16-2003, 10:18 AM
In the third poll Ephant Mon won and became one of the hardest pieces to find since Admiral Motti and R2 hologram back in 2000. Our poll shows that Ephant was tied with R1-G4 and I'm curious whether this stalemate will be broken between the two.

For now lets go to poll #4. The choices are:

Ralph McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper
General Rieekan
Imperial Dignitary
Nym
Rebel Soldier in Scout Trooper Disguise

Jaff
07-16-2003, 10:22 AM
Poll 4 had two figures that were not in the final film, and two figures that many fans have been wanting from some time. I initially thought the Art concept Stormtrooper would not have a chance in the vote. I mean General Rieekan and Imperial Dignitary!!!! The real surprise on this poll was the Rebel Soldier in Scout Trooper Disguise. This figure was from a deleted scene in ROTJ and I thought this fig was not going to win either because many folks did not even have an idea of who this figure was. And Nym (padme's handmaiden) may be cool looking but against Rieekan and Imperial Dignitary!!!!

Since this was Rieekan's second time on a poll I voted for him. I didn't want to miss out on him because he was never made. I was a bit torn because I really wanted a new Dignitary. My vintage version can still hold his own with the newer figures but he was still a bit dated. I really wanted them to remake this one.

Beast
07-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Well, the Rebel Soldier in Biker Scout Disguise is still visable in the film. Since they show him with his hands up on his head and his helmet off, in the captured group of rebel. The big problem with it's inclusion in the poll, was that Hasbo said he wouldn't have a removable helmet. And they also use what looks like an intern for the pictures. Instead of the bearded Rebel who actually wore the armor. :(

I voted for the Dignitary, and I'm glad Hasbro saw how badly they were wanted and are going to be producing both starring Dignitaries in the 2004 Saga line. Hopefully Rieekan will get the same respect. Since the splitting of votes between Rieekan and the Dignitary, led to the abomination Imperial SketchTrooper winning the day. And now that we've seen the terrible final figure for that, I feel even worse that it was able to squeeze in a victory. :p :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
07-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Nym was not Pamde's handmaiden!

Nym was an alien pirate of Kit Fisto's species (approximatley in terms of looks) and he was an ace pilot. I suppose someone like that, with a little white makeup on their face might look like a queen (if they stooped from their 7 foot height), but I just don't see how Nym might resemble Natalie Portman....

But try dressing up your Kit Fisto figure in Barbie clothing and tell me what result you get. (Pictures would be great too. I promise anyone who sends these in, to pass them along to an awesome thearapist!)

Meanwhile, I voted for General Riekeen on the fourth poll - reason, he's the coolest Rebel General and he's not a Jedi or some kind of hot shot, he's a true soldier, fighting a grim battle with military discipline. The Dignitary had the advantage of needing a re-do from the vintage line, so I figured that contributed to his advantage. Lo and behold, Hasbro offers us 2 of them! But we need Rieeken.

The sketchtrooper never should have won that vote. I think it was rigged or the dignitary and Riekeen really did split the vote. In any case, I can see how it finally paid off in that Hasbro gave us two figures in the 5th poll due to a close tie!

Meanwhile, was I satisfied with the results. I never responded to that part.

1) Yeah: Duro's great. A little glossy, but I guess his outfit was supposed to be. I voted for him, so...

2) Yes. Amamaman's exactly what he should be - except next to the likes of Luke Bacta, he was not a value for a Deluxe. Amanaman should have been carded - with the Corpse and headhunter staff - still carded!

3) Ephant Mon - now here's what I'm regarding as value! I voted for him. He won. I am more happy with his figure than any carded 3 3/4" I've bought in a long time!

4) No- I'm not happy with the result. It should have been Rieeken or the Dignitary in the first place. I really don't like the Sketchtrooper that much, and don't plan to buy him. In the long run, we are getting dignitaries - 2 of them! - and the controversy brought us Dadonna & Antilles so as to avoid this kind of quagmire again.

But as you can tell by my signature line, which will never change until I see a finished Rieeken figure picture with a release date named, I protest Fan Choice Poll 4!

Deoxyribonucleic
07-16-2003, 11:47 AM
eh hemmm,

well, I voted for the concept stormie WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT FIGURE, but it turns out it's not so good :(

Jaff
07-16-2003, 12:28 PM
is there tension birthing on this thread. :evil:

TheDarthVader
07-16-2003, 12:44 PM
I would have voted for the imperial dignitary. Those guys are just too cool...and evil!

Kidhuman
07-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Once again I did not vote in this poll. I would have been torn between the Dignitary and Rieekan. I am glad that the Dignitaries are getting made next year. I just hope Hasbro distibutes them out in a good proportion. Now the only thing we need is Rieekan. I agree that the stormtrooper should have been sent packing to the drawing boards and stayed there. As far as the Rebel in disguise, it would be a cool figure, if made properly.

Rogue II
07-16-2003, 01:45 PM
I voted for General Rieekan, but I am glad that the Imperial Dignitary is in the forecast for next year. With any luck, we will still get the General and maybe a new Hoth Rebel assortment in the future. I am trying to avoid making comments about the "winner" since it won't do any good. :crazed: ;) :D

The sketchtrooper is good....for me to poop on.

Dark Marble
07-16-2003, 02:46 PM
Wow, a little surgery makes for a lot of missed posting time!!! So let me play a little catch up since jaff was nice enough to let me know the polls were still going on.

Vote #2 Amanaman. I remember voting on this one, and this is the guy I voted for. I never had the vintage, so I really wanted this to get made. Ozzel was definately my 2nd choice, and it was a hard choice.

Vote #3 I voted in this one also and I picked Ephant hands down. He was big, and if I remember right there were pictures of the characters in the poll. So I thought he looked the most impressive.

Vote #4 I did not vote on this one, but I would have voted for the Imperial Dignitary. I had a chance to get the vintage one when I was younger, but passed on it for a Han in Carbonite and a Lando General. I heard about the concept stormy and I wasn't interested in the idea, and I am not interested in the figure now.

But at least we get some input into the figures, although most get made anyway.

Hellboy
07-16-2003, 03:10 PM
I voted for the Imperial Dignitary. The sketchtrooper would have been my last choice but I did expect it to look better than it does. I just don't see the resemblance to the McQuarrie design at all. :(

JediTricks
07-17-2003, 03:22 AM
Not knowing that the final result would look so bad, I would have voted for the Concept Stormie for sure... maybe even twice if either of my SW.Hasbro accounts had worked on the poll, but since neither did, I voted nonce. ;)

If I had known that the Imp dignitary would be coming anyway and Stormie would look so bad, I would have voted Rieekan since I couldn't care at all about the rebel without a hat (didn't Hasbro say he wouldn't come with a removable helmet?) and especially not Nym.

But I didn't know, so I'm still voting Concept Stormie.

BTW, aren't you guys taking a big chance in offending this forum's head moderator by bashing the Concept Stormie so much? I mean, I do have the power to purge & ban you guys. ;) :Pirate: ("Is he kidding?" You don't know, maybe... maybe not :D Mwah ha ha!)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-17-2003, 09:09 AM
Poll#1
Amanaman with 9 votes
Duros with 5 votes
Bom Vimdim with 4 votes
Eeth Koth with 2 votes
Teempto Pagalies with 0 votes

Poll#2
Amanaman with 9 votes
Admiral Ozzel with 3 votes
Bred Derlin with 3 votes
Yareal Poof with 2 votes
Ben Quadinaros with 2 votes

Poll#3
Ephant Mon with 6 votes
R1-G4 with 6 votes
General Riekan with 2 votes
Even Piell with 0 votes
Twi'lek Masseuse with 0 votes

General Rieekan
Imperial Dignitary
Nym

K, my memory might be fuzzy, but here is what i vaguely recall:

Poll 1- Teempto! that lil' drunken alien cracks me up!! Make a figure i said!!
Poll 2- Put me down as voting for Amanaman as well.
Poll 3- Ephant Mon of course!! Glad i did too, this figure was crazy!!
Poll 4- Now, this one i was torn on. Pick some characters that were actually in the films or go with hte Concept Stormtrooper. I voted for Rieekan! We need this figure, NOW!!! :D

Jayspawn
07-17-2003, 09:38 AM
I really like the obscure aliens. I remember voting for Amanaman (who didn't?) and Duros. There were several choices that would have made great figures anyways- and still would!

Mandalorian Candidat
07-17-2003, 04:01 PM
I'm just going to say I voted for Concept Stormie and leave it at that. I don't want to bring up anymore bad blood between me and the old man figure lovers. ;)

Tycho
07-17-2003, 04:43 PM
I'm just going to say I voted for Concept Stormie and leave it at that. I don't want to bring up anymore bad blood between me and the old man figure lovers. ;)

Kill that Madalorian Guy! Gather up our armies of Si Bibble figures and huck them at him!

Oh wait. I forgot. Sio Bibble is a valuable action figure. How about Chancellor Palpatine? Still one of the best Saga sculpts!

Well, he's a Mandalorian. Got enough Jango Fett's sitting on the pegs? Use them for something good for once!

J/K MC ;)

Jaff
07-17-2003, 08:19 PM
Mandalorian I thought I've seen hokey sticks on your avatar. I say let the blood roll. Give Tycho some hell. :evil: Good heavens what am I saying!!!!!!

stillakid
07-17-2003, 09:39 PM
In the third poll Ephant Mon won and became one of the hardest pieces to find since Admiral Motti and R2 hologram back in 2000. Our poll shows that Ephant was tied with R1-G4 and I'm curious whether this stalemate will be broken between the two.

For now lets go to poll #4. The choices are:

General Rieekan
Imperial Dignitary
Nym

Again, I can't really remember for certain, but I can tell you that I didn't vote for the Concept Stormtrooper.

Most likely, I voted for the Imperial Dignitary although it's quite possible the the Scout Trooper was in contention.

jjreason
07-17-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm a little late, sorry for the longer post. I have voted (to the best of my recollection) in every fan's choice poll so far. My votes were for Amanaman (as I don't have vintage, and didn't want to have to spring for one), Amanaman (because he didn't win the first time), Ephant Mon, and Imperial Dignitary. I guess I'm happy because they'll all be in my hands by the end of this year with any luck. I really like Ellors, though he is too small. Nice looking figure though, and widely available. I would still hope that all the losers from poll 3 get made, and I'd also like to see the Rebel Trooper in Biker Scout costume and the Twilek Masseuse from poll 4 be realized as well.

I don't like the allegations of vote tampering, but I have a hard time believing Hasbro was responsible for that. They could have scrapped the result, but how could they have guaranteed it would be any more fairly run in the future? I think it's kind of nice they at least let us think we're getting one figure we choose annually. It's a nice gesture.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-17-2003, 11:05 PM
I only participated in two of the fan's choice votes and I believe they were the second and third ones. Amanaman was the figure I voted for in Poll #2. One of the coolest figures Hasbro has made to date, especially with his staff adorned with skulls. :happy:

It was General Rieekan who I voted for in Poll #3. He was a figure to me that seemed overdue. I thought he deserved it. I wasn't too dissatisfied when Ephant Mon won though, a rather cool looking figure.

I haven't voted for others since then. Partly because I never liked logging on the Hasbro website. It took me ages on my computer to get everything loaded up.

Imperialist_14
07-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Although I didn't participate in Polls #1-4, I would have probably voted the following way:

Poll #1. Eeth Koth (love those Jedi)

Poll #2. Admiral Ozzel (love those imperialists)

Poll #3. General Rieekan (love those rebels)

Poll #4. Rebel Soldier in Scout Trooper Disguise (love those outfits)

p.s. I am sure glad Ephant won for Poll #3!!! He sure has grown on me over the last couple of months!!! :D

Sidiously Darth
07-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Well, my memory is not working well today and I can't safely say what I voted for in the first 3 rounds. But I'm going to take a stab in the dark. Here's what I imagine happened:

Vote 1: Eeth Koth :confused:
Vote 2: Amanaman :confused:
Vote 3: General Rieekan :confused:
Vote 4: General Rieekan

I'm 100% on the last one but all the rest are guesses. I am pleased that both Imp. Digs. are being made and the good ol' General is getting his figure, too!

Thank the maker I'll have something to put my money towards since that Concept Stormie looks so bad. :D

Banthaholic
07-18-2003, 05:51 PM
I would have voted for General Rieekan, with the Dignitary being a close, close second, and the concept trooper being absolute last.
I guess I'm not too high on figures based on some guys drawing scetches. Seems to OCD on Star Wars to me.

JediTricks
07-18-2003, 07:26 PM
SSG's pics of the Concept Trooper look better than the early grainy scans, so I'm sticking by my vote, even if Rieekan looks good. The trooper is still flawed in design (blocky body and huge holster) but details look better now than before.

Sidiously Darth
07-18-2003, 10:07 PM
I think "blocky" is an understatement for the Concept Stormie. Reminds me of cartoons involving large tabletop vicegrips. You stick their head in, turn the handle and when their head comes out, it's square. :crazed:

Honestly, the only reason for these 'fan choice' polls was to make us feel more involved. In reality, Hasbro was planning on making most of these figures anyway.

Jaff
07-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Here's a recap of all the votes since poll 92.

Poll#1
Amanaman - 10 votes
Duros - 6 votes
Bom Vimdim - 4 votes
Eeth Koth - 4 votes
Teempto Pagalies - 1 vote

Poll#2
Amanaman - 15 votes
Admiral Ozzel - 4 votes
Major Bren Derlin - 3 votes
Ben Quadinaros - 2 votes
Yareal Poof - 2 votes

Poll#3
Ephant Mon - 9 votes
R1-G4 - 6 votes
General Rieekan - 5 votes
Twi'lek Masseuse and Even Piell had 0 votes

Poll#4
Imperial Dignitary - 6 votes
General Rieekan - 6 votes
Ralph McQuarrie's Concept Stormtrooper - 3 votes
Rebel Soldier in Scout Trooper Disguise - 1 vote
Nym - 0 votes

That's it so far. On the last poll Kidhuman was undecided between the Imperial Dignitary and General Rieekan, so what do you say kid. Do you want to break the tie? I will post the new poll Saturday or Sunday, until then I'm hoping for some more votes. Remember folks even if you didn't vote in the polls say who you would have voted for. Thanks to all for your input. I look forward to poll #5!

Kidhuman
07-19-2003, 02:13 PM
Dignitary....since I never had the vintage one

Jaff
07-20-2003, 09:52 AM
The results are thus far:

Poll#1
Amanaman - 10 votes
Duros - 6 votes
Eeth Koth - 4 votes
Bom Vimdim - 4 votes

Poll#2
Amanaman - 15 votes
Admiral Ozzell - 4 votes
Major Bren Derlin - 3 votes
Ben Quadinaros - 2 votes
Yareal Poof - 2 votes

Poll#3
Ephant Mon - 9 votes
R1-G4 - 6 votes
General Rieekan - 5 votes
Even Piell and Twi'lek Masseuse - 0 votes

Poll#4
Imperial Dignitary - 7 votes
General Rieekan - 6 votes
Concept Stormtrooper - 3 votes
Nym - 0 votes

In poll#4 Hasbro stated that the Concept Stormtrooper recieved 34% of the entire votes. General Rieekan trailed with 25%, and the Dignitary recieved 24% of the votes. Most surprising of this poll was that Hasbro pushed all three of the figures into production at the same time. The Dignitary is coming out with the same wave as the Concept Stormie, and Rieekan has allready been therough the sculpting and painting phase. Hasbro immediately produced the top three figures on the poll. This poll seems like the most contrived of all the polls, but I have no complaints about that at all. Maybe Hasbro knew the Concept Stormie was turning out so bad that they needed to do some immediate damage control by producing the other two figs. :D

So lets do the final poll. Even though this is the last official Fan Choice poll there still is another poll I want to do. So after you take part in it make sure you come back to vote on the final topic.

Poll#5
Yarua
Ben Quadinaros
General Jan Dodanna
Rabe
Captain Antillies

Jaff
07-20-2003, 10:38 AM
This poll had two really tough choices. The two dismissed choices was Rabe (who I keep mistaking with nym). Rabe was one of the handmaidens in Episode I. I also didn't care to vote for Ben Quadinaros. Don't get me wrong I want the podracers but not over Dadonna or Antillies. I spent a short time considering the wookie senator Yarua, but that did not last long. Finally it came down to Dadonna and Antillies. How can you choose between these two. But finally it was the Saga sculpts that made my decision for me. It was around December 2002 when I voted and since most figures were sculpted with hernia-like expresions and super action poses I worried that if they made Antillies they would sculpt his face open mouthed and wincing in pain to simulate vader's choking effect. I wanted a nuetral figure and that quickly made me vote for Dadonna who I assumed would not have a super posed battle plan sculpt complete with a yelling mouth and slashing baton briefing action feature.

In the end for me there was only one choice: Dadonna

Kidhuman
07-20-2003, 10:41 AM
I picked Rabe. I thought it would be a cool looking figure. I figured they would make Dodonna and Antilles eventually so, I picked the underdog.

stillakid
07-20-2003, 11:07 AM
Poll#5
Yarua
Ben Quadinaros
General Jan Dodanna
Rabe
Captain Antillies

Ben Quandinaros

Imperialist_14
07-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Participated in this one!!!

Voted for Capt. Antillies! (love those guys who get their necks broken)

Rogue II
07-20-2003, 01:15 PM
Poll#5
Yarua
Ben Quadinaros
General Jan Dodanna
Rabe
Captain Antillies

I went with Genereal Dodanna because I figured I could just do a head swap with a Rebel Fleet trooper and make my own Antilles. I'm happy both won...it saved me some work :D .

JediTricks
07-20-2003, 11:04 PM
Ugh, I definitely didn't vote in #5, but if I had, Dodonna.

NiktosRule
07-21-2003, 02:53 PM
I don't think I voted on this poll but I would've picked Rabe or Dodonna. I probably would've gone with Dodonna. I'm glad were getting two figs out of this poll. Antilles I didn't want because I think he will be sculpted like he is being choked by Vader since that is his only scene in the movie.

Jaff
07-21-2003, 03:19 PM
Pray for a neutral Antillies. Repeat that and believe it and it could happen. Well, hopefully. By the way Niktosrule who would you have voted for in the other 4 polls.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-21-2003, 03:49 PM
This one was a no-brainer. None of the figures interested me except for Rabe. Been wanting a good handmaiden figure for years.

NiktosRule
07-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Since you asked Jaff I'll tell you.

On the first poll I did vote and I know I voted for Ellors Madak the Duros a figure I always wanted to have.

On poll 2 I would've voted for Admiral Ozzel or Amanaman. I probably in the end would've chosen Amananam.

On poll 3 I would've voted for Ephant Mon another figure I always wanted. Unfortunately I still haven't found him in stores.

Finally on poll 4 I would've voted for Rieekan. Concept Stormie would've been tied for my last choice with Nym.

The only reason I don't vote is I forgot my password and I can't re-register for some reason.

Banthaholic
07-21-2003, 09:55 PM
Poll 5 I did vote and voted for Dadonna. Second choice would have been a tie between Rabe & Antilles. Th Wookie didn't do much for me. I almost thought he was going to pull a concept trooper for a moment.

Old Fossil
07-22-2003, 12:09 AM
Sorry I'm late. No, I...I have arrived precisely when I meant to. :crazed:

#1: I voted for Ellors Madak. My only complaint is that they have never made a Banniss Keeg to keep Madak company!

#2: Didn't vote at all. Not interested in any of those characters. STILL haven't bought that ridiculous Amanaman.

#3: I voted for R1-G4, but like many others here, I am VERY pleased with Ephant Mon.

#4: I voted for General Rieekan, & was VERY DISAPPOINTED he didn't win. I figured it was our only chance to see him get made. Glad I was wrong...again.

#5: Dodonna!!! Man, I'm still stoked about adding the old General to my Ep.IV display. Maybe he will have a 'beard-wagging' action feature.

By the way: nice thread, Jaff.

JediTricks
07-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Pray for a neutral Antillies. Repeat that and believe it and it could happen. Well, hopefully. By the way Niktosrule who would you have voted for in the other 4 polls. Sorry Jaff, but I highly doubt Antilles will be neutral, his main gimmick was being choked and Hasbro will want to exploit that. To be honest, if Hasbro did it so he could grasp at his neck and tilt his head back or forth like he was being choked, maybe had articulated ankles that plugged into a stand so he could be held up in the air by a Vader figure, I wouldn't totally mind if they had him choking.

Or they could do a Vader companion piece that, combined with Antilles, did something a little like this: http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/plo-maul/

fishyfett
07-22-2003, 12:49 AM
I VOTED for George W. Clinton!!! Oooopppsss!!! Sorry, wrong thread. Well, so far I like the fan's choices, although here's what I hoped they did with them. On the Duro, man, give this guy some ***. I mean, he looks like a refugee from a starving 3rd world nation. On the Man from Amanin, they should've made him taller. I mean, come on, he's supposed to be a Deluxe Figure. And the crappy Crumb that came with him does not make it a deluxe. And Ephant Mon, now they should've made him a Deluxe. And I bet fans will still buy him at a higher price point.

OK, now for the next choice, I'd like to see a Hermi Odle figure or maybe that weird-looking Arcona Hem Dazon. As far as concept figures go, I only want one. The original proto-Chewie, a.k.a. 'Giant gorilla Yoda with bug eyes'. Now, that would rule. Rrrharrrggghh!!! :D

Tycho
07-22-2003, 01:02 AM
I voted for Dodonna. It was really hard to choose between him and Antilles, especially if you've built a 5 foot Blcokade Runner for your action figures.

Dodonna I could use in 2 scenes (ceremony and Yavin Base) and antilles could only appear in one (in command of my Blockade Runner - not getting choked!) So I voted for Dodonna . Plus his cloak gives us more plastic thant Antilles would have. Plastic is good. It smells .

Deoxyribonucleic
07-22-2003, 12:02 PM
I think I voted for Dadonna but it could have been Antilles :confused:

either way, we're getting both.

Beast
07-22-2003, 12:08 PM
I voted for General Jan Dodonna. I wanted Antillies also, but I figured there was a better shot for Antillies to be produced in the future then for Dodonna. Not that all Fan Club Figures won't eventually get produced anway. Infact, thanks to 2003-2004 we're closer then ever. *Prays for Admiral Ozzel in the Star Destroyer Wave* :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fishyfett
07-22-2003, 12:29 PM
I actually want to see a Rebel General 3-pack. One that will cover the SW Trilogy. Jan Dodona (ANH), Carlist Rieekan (ESB) and Crix Madine (ROTJ). Madine needs a re-sculpt anyway. But with these, we get all the generals in one set. Maybe a followup of Imperial Officers 3-pack, such as Gen. Tagge, Adm. Ozzel and Capt. Needa. All dead Imperial officers.

Dark Marble
07-22-2003, 04:42 PM
This is another lean poll that doesn't have many figures (if any) that I would really be out hunting for. I didn't vote on this poll either, but I guess I would go with Dodanna, but I don't know why..... :confused:

Hellboy
07-22-2003, 09:09 PM
I voted for General Dodonna and like many others Captain Antillies was a close 2nd.

Jaff
07-23-2003, 12:14 PM
O.K., the semi-final results are in, and here they are

Poll#1
Amanaman - 10 votes
Duros - 8 votes
Bom Vimdim - 4 votes
Eeth Koth - 4 votes
Teempto Pagalies - 1 votes

Poll#2
Amanaman - 17 votes
Admiral Ozzel - 4 votes
Bren Derlin - 3 votes
Ben Quadinaros - 2 votes
Yareal Poof - 2 votes

Poll#3
Ephant Mon - 10 votes
R1-G4 - 7 votes
General Riekan - 5 votes
Twi'lek Masseuse and Even Piell - 0 votes

Poll#4
General Rieekan - 8 votes
Imperial Dignitary - 8 votes

Poll#5
General Jan Dadonna - 11 votes
Rabe - 2 votes
Captain Antillies - 1 vote
Ben Quadinaros - 1 vote
Yarua - 0 votes

So now that all polls have been voted on it's time to really open the discussion about the Fan choice figure polls. It's time for you to lay down your opinion about the poll and WHY. Just posting I hate it or disagree with it is no good. Tell people why, and lets get this topic going before the final poll which will be posted next week.

Jaff
07-23-2003, 12:39 PM
I've seen allot of posts about the Hasbro choice polls way before this thread is open and many of them are quite anti-poll. However I am not anti poll. First I'll start out with what I think of each poll.

1. I was quite happy with this poll. We all knew Either Duros or Amanaman would win, and even when Amanaman didn't win Hasbro gave us a second chance to vote on him again.

2. This poll was quite pleasing too. I do think that Hasbro was already pushing this figure on the drawing board before the results were announced but what does it really matter. We all wanted that figure (mostly), and Hasbro could have probably deduced that he was going to win.

3. The Ephant Poll was IMO a little contrived. There were two big candidates who would have won this one: Ephant and R1-G4. Rieekan was a nice addition but Ephant and R1 were each very unique, and would have recieved the obvious voting attention. I was more than pleased that Ephant won, and when that sandcrawler comes out maybe we'll see R1.

4. The debated Concept Stormtrooper poll was a complete letdown. Of all the voters on this thread who voted Rieekan and the Dignitary it summed about 70% of the total votes. And this poll seemed desperately EU. A concept stormie and Nym on the same poll? It's strange that I find collectors scream about a Dignitary, but decide to vote for Concept Stormie. This was the only poll I was ever shocked over, and honestly disbelieving. I still can't believe stormie won, but I also don't think Hasbro needs to fake a poll to make a figure. Take General Rieekan and Imperial Dignitary. The Dignitary is comming out with the same wave as the Concept Stormie, that means that they were both made at the same time. Figures are generally planned one year in advance. Hasbro could have easily said the Dignitary won, and made the concept trooper too. So I do not think these polls are fudged one bit, unless they have a counter who doesn't know his math!

5. If you think Hasbro is playing with us with these polls think again. The last poll Dadonna got 25.50% of the votes. Antillies got 25.55% of the votes. Hasbro choose to listen to all of us and picked both. They could have been jerks and said Antillies won, and Dadonna has not! Think about that before bashing the polls!

With that said what do you think. Bash me, support me, heckle me, just don't bore me! Let's hear your thoughts. Also the polls are still open so if you missed voting do so now. Also makes sure you keep coming back to this post because there will be one more final vote for all of you attended, and it will probably be the most enthusiastic one. Make sure you check back.

Tycho
07-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Well, I have several questions:

1) Are the few peolpe who participated in this thread here at all representative of any larger sample of voting SW fans?

2) If they are, does that mean the Fans' Choice Polls 4 & 5 were rigged or tampered with? (hacked or intentionally altered by Hasbro?)

3) What would be the motivations?

a) a fan who hacks the site may do it because they

i) want to see if they can get away with something because they think it is funny - they might not even be a collector, or someone who gave up collecting, frustrated.

ii) want a less popular or very obscure or unlikely character made

b) Hasbro might alter it because

i) they already proto-typed or even tooled a particular figure they wanted to justify

ii) a particular employee wants to live his dream and make a particular character or line of figures (such as McQuarrie's)

iii) they actually plan on making all the figures they show, or at least most of the obvious, and only want to have the Fans' Polls to give us the illusion of choice, while making it fun to visit their site and increase their own publicity.

4) are those that visit the top 3 fan sites, SSG, RS, and GH and have been frustrated with the FPC's actually a huge minority amongst the fans, and everyone else knows the website that's printed on the packaging and has never heard of SSG, RS, or GH?

I met plenty of people at the convention and the Hasbro forum who still had not heard of SSG or other big sites. Some did not even OWN computers and get on a coffee shop's and check Hasbro's site once in a while. Some buy because they shop at Wal-Mart or wherever a lot, and they like the figures and happened to be at Comic Con. THey don't ordinarily surf the web for SW stuff. They just like it and check what's new when they get laundry detergeant and toilet paper at Target.

If they see Hasbro's poll, don't think they even know SSG exists.

We may be way off base to say that the results are screwed.

5) That being said, the only poll I think went south was #4.

The Duro, Amanaman, and Ephant Mon earned both my vote and a satisfying victory. I voted for Dodonna over Antilles, but I thought Antilles won (since one had to even if they are going to make both).

But its quite possible that Rieeken and the Dignitary split an honest vote, and the SketchTrooper sneaked in there.

No, I'm not happy about it.

To me a good EU figure is from the Dark Horse or Del Rey Star Wars continuity and not something that was never from any fictional story, but solely from an art department brainstorm session.

Anyway, some thoughts to consider.

Rogue II
07-23-2003, 01:10 PM
Poll #1: The Duro is great, even though I voted for Bom Vimdim. I bought 2 and customized the 2nd Duro from the Cantina Scene.

Poll #2: I never thought much of Amanamananamnanan as a character. The figure is a pretty good representation of him...although his staff could have been a little less "bendy." He also takes off one more Vintage figure that needed to be made off the list.

Poll #3:Ephant Mon is great. But I still want the R1.

Poll #4: I was pretty ticked off that the sketchtrooper won, but now that we are getting 2 Dignitaries AND General Reeikan, I'm happy.

Poll #5:

5. If you think Hasbro is playing with us with these polls think again. The last poll Dadonna got 25.50% of the votes. Antillies got 25.55% of the votes. Hasbro choose to listen to all of us and picked both. They could have been jerks and said Antillies won, and Dadonna has not! Think about that before bashing the polls!

Right on. BTW, this is the only poll in which I voted for the winner.

El Chuxter
07-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Poll #1, I voted for Amanaman, with Bom Vimdin as my second choice.

Poll #2, I again voted for Amanaman. I did so not because he was my first choice (cough, Ozzel), but because I was worried if he lost two consecutive polls, he might not be produced.

Poll #3. . . uh, I think this is the one that I missed.

Poll #4, I voted for the Imperial Dignitary. There were too many good choices, all of which (except Nym) deserve a figure.

JediTricks
07-24-2003, 06:42 AM
Honestly, after so many people felt that the first 2 were "cheated" in some way, I think they should have stopped there - especially when they claimed they were counting unique IPs and username votes but continued to show out-of-ratio jumps in the results - it's a no-win scenario really.

The whole "Sophie's Choice" aspect of these polls is uncomfortable IMO, and doubly unpleasant when so many fans have so little faith in Hasbro's ability to run a clean poll anyway. So a voter has to agonize over which figure he would want enough to push the other choices off, and then worry about his vote not even being fairly counted. Sorry, but there's got to be a better way than this.

Rogue II
07-24-2003, 07:36 AM
Sorry, but there's got to be a better way than this.

They could replace Jedi Points with an online code. If any of you collect baseball cards, you may know about sluggers.com. In certain packs of cards, there is an online code enclosed. You go to their website, and create a fantasy baseball team. For every pack you buy, you get 1 player. There are 5 players per team, so you need to buy 5 packs to get one complete team. If Hasbro could somehow apply this to their Fan Choice voting system, it may work. They would have to determine how many codes you need to get one vote.

Of course, the major flaw with this idea is that we have to be able to find new figures to buy in order to get the codes.

Jaff
07-24-2003, 10:54 AM
Personally in the end if the polls are rigged or not we still get to see a list of figures where one of them will be made one year in advance. That's cool enough for me.

Obviously from the responses towards the Fan Choice Poll this topic has been discussed to death, and allot of folks must not want to entertain the subject. So lets go onto the next voting poll.

Who are the five figures that you think will be on the next poll. Induldge yourself, and lets see if anyone gets it right when hasbro announces the next poll in two or three months.

Rogue II
07-24-2003, 10:58 AM
Personally in the end if the polls are rigged or not we still get to see a list of figures where one of them will be made one year in advance. That's cool enough for me.

Obviously from the responses towards the Fan Choice Poll this topic has been discussed to death, and allot of folks must not want to entertain the subject. So lets go onto the next voting poll.

Who are the five figures that you think will be on the next poll. Induldge yourself, and lets see if anyone gets it right when hasbro announces the next poll in two or three months.

I'll take a guess. It includes some losers from previous polls. :rolleyes:

R1-G4 (ANH)
Bren Derlin (ESB)
Yarna (ROTJ)
Some pod racer or handmaiden from TPM
Some alien senator from ATOC (Ree-Yees species?)

Jaff
07-24-2003, 11:28 AM
My guesses for the next poll would be:

Yarna - She's a major request on Dear Hasbro, and I think we can all feel
that she's on the way.
Rabe - She failed on the last poll but usually on every poll (Except#3) there is a figure carried over for a second chance.
Mawhonic - Every poll to date (except#4) has had a podracer in it. Ben had two tries, and it was suggested that a Gand was going to be on the next poll. Makes sense to me.
Bigg's Darklighter (Toshi Station outfit) - Although the polls have not had many EU, and deleted scenes selections (except#4), I'm willing to bet something from this category will be in the new poll. Bigg's would be a longshot, but he is coveted.
Dannik Jerriko - Not since Poll#1 was a Cantina alien represented on the polls, even though most of us claim that is what we want. I think this poll will have one. Dannik smoking his pipe would be a very nice choice, and would challenge Yarna well.

I really wanted to pick Hermi Odle and R1-G4 for this poll, but Hermi is a nice figure for Hasbro to stash to make later when collectors are really displeased. Ephant was released in a really bumming quality time, and he was medicine to our needs. I think R1-G4 will come out around the release of the Sandcrawler to tie in with the vehicle. I doubt he would be the figure (if one comes with it at all) that could come with the vehicle. Probably the Death Star Droid (Bronze version) would come with that.

TheDarthVader
07-24-2003, 11:34 AM
I did vote in that last poll. I voted for Dodonna.
About the poll: Maybe Hasbro does this just to draw attention to certain figures. If there is over 20% or more (?) of the votes for a figure, they make up their minds to make it. Can this be true/can someone confirm? Hasbro wants to see if a figure is popular enought to be purchased at retail. JEEZ! I'm not sure what is going on! But hey, they made Rieekan after he lost and the dignitary (x2) after he lost. That is weird to me. (Please understand, I DID want these figures made) What is the poll for? :confused:

Kidhuman
07-24-2003, 11:34 AM
My guesses for the next poll would be

Yarna
Hermi
a droid of some sort(maybe R1-G4, although they could pack him in with the Sandcrawler)
I would go with a senator too.
and one that I would like to see from EU.......
A solo child or pack them all in.

I think they should give up on the podracers. They have been there alot and never won yet. They should attack it from a different angle and go with actual fan votes. They make most of the figures eventually so in reality why bother having the polls?

Jaff
07-24-2003, 08:00 PM
In answer to your query The Darth Vader I think your right that Hasbro uses these polls as a confirmation of opinion on what they allready plan to make. Still I am pro polls just for the fact that we can speak our minds and have some effect (no matter how small or big) with figure production.

Don't forget to hypothosize who you think will be in the next poll. Please use specific character names. Picking a race or type is an easy way out.

TheDarthVader
07-25-2003, 11:54 AM
My guess for the next poll:

1. ANH- Myo (cyclops alien) or Elom (only one)
2. ESB- Admiral Ozzel or Captain Needa (only one)
3. ROTJ- Yarna or Hermi (only one)
4. TPM- Mohawnic or Gragra (only one)
5. AOTC- Hermione Bagwa (human waitress) or Corde or Agen Kolar (jedi)
Those are my guesses. I think they will include one character from each movie. (Hasbro seems to be on this "theme" streak).

Teeska Mon Eebon
07-25-2003, 04:22 PM
My guess for the next poll:

1. ANH- Myo (cyclops alien) or Elom (only one)
2. ESB- Admiral Ozzel or Captain Needa (only one)
3. ROTJ- Yarna or Hermi (only one)
4. TPM- Mohawnic or Gragra (only one)
5. AOTC- Hermione Bagwa (human waitress) or Corde or Agen Kolar (jedi)
Those are my guesses. I think they will include one character from each movie. (Hasbro seems to be on this "theme" streak).

If I remember right Hermione Bagwa is coming out later this year after the waitress droid wave I think....

Tycho
07-25-2003, 05:14 PM
I think the Elom is from Jabba's Palace and therefore ROTJ and not ANH.

Anyway, here are my hopes:

ANH

Hem Dazon, Feltripern Trevag, Dannik Jerikko, Myo, Bom Vimdim, Hal Chat Fas

Garven Dreis, Treadwell, RA-7, CZ-6, R1-G4, Black mining droid

ESB

General Veers (removeable armor),
Imperial Officer (grey uniform 'nobody')
Torryn Farr,
Bren Derlin,
Hoth Deck Officer (same as vintage rebel)
Black Bespin Security Guard
blue Snaggletoothe (Snivvian or replacing alien from CLoud City)
Ice Cream Maker Guy
Luke Recovery Room
Leia Recovery Room
Lando Smuggler's Gear
Cloud Car Pilot w. two head variants

ROTJ

Commader / Moff Jerjerrod
Woof (green Nikto called Klaatu in vintage)
Hermi Odel
J'Quille
Bubo
Sgt. Doalyyn
Lumat
Warrok
Romba
Palploo (carded or multi-packed resculpt)
B-wing pilot (human, red uniform, like vintage)
General Madine

TPM

Padme (orange) handmaiden
Queen (yellow) Pre-Senate
Queen (black) Post-Senate
Queen (purple) Flight Home
Queen (white) Ceremony
Rep Teers (Gungan Council)
Dud Bolt
Wan Sandage
Aldar Beedo
Tey How
Dauldry Dofine
Gragga (Swokes-Swokes)

sorry - can I squeak Senator Yarua in here, too?
Sei Teria, too.

AOTC

Padme nightgown (balcony and assasin attack)
Padme Senator
Padme backless gown (lakeside kiss)
Padme yellow meadow
Padme black leather
Dorme
Corde (before getting burned to a crisp)
Toonbuck Toora
Senator Tikkes
Nute's Niemoidian friend
Sly Moore
Senator Ask Aak (Gran from Malastare)
Obi-Wan in Jedi robes (neutral)
Anakin in Jedi robes (neutral).
Obi-Wan, wet, articulate for fighting Jango
Obi-Wan wounded by Dooku
Senator Po Nudo (Ando-Aqualish)
Server Droid from freighter
Girl(s) in thong(s) from Club Outlander
Arks Bumby Roose from Dexter's
Herminone Bagwa from Dexter's
Jocasta Nu
Weequay Jedi
Balter Swan

EXPANDED UNIVERSE

Quinlan Vos
Villie
A'Sharad Hett
Dark Woman
Kir Kanos
Mirith Sinn
Carnor Jax
Jaina Solo
Jacen Solo
Anakin Solo
Yuuzhan Vong warrior
Nom Anor
Tsavong Lah
Luke Jedi Master
Mara Skywalker
Leia SELCOR
Han NJO
Lando NJO
Lando's terminator droids
Kyp Durron
Admiral Palleon
Noghri Commando
Talon Karrde
Guir
Leebo
Jix
Spiker
Big Gizz
Koth Melan
Borssk Fey'lya
Supreme Commander Ackbar
Leia Chief of State
New Cloned Emperor
Executor Sedriss
Executor Nysst

I'd just like to see all these figures, and then some get done.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-26-2003, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't mind if they threw an ellis hellrot in there, he's one I've been wanting hasbro to make for a long time! He's just so...cool looking.

I'm going to bet that there will be at least one Imperial officer up in the mix and for some reason I feel that the choices will lean more towards Ep1 and 2??? Just my guess.

fishyfett
07-26-2003, 12:19 PM
I'd like to see a figure of Cliegg Lars, complete with a hovering Mechno-chair, a lightsaber and a voice chip saying "Ooowww!! Me leg!! Me leg!! Damn lightsaber.....!!!! Now we all know what really happened. Expanded Universe rules!!! :D

Jaff
07-26-2003, 12:44 PM
Didn't Hasbro announce that their was a Lars Homestead three pack on the way. I'm not sure Fishyfett but Cliegg could be in that set. I know it was suppossed to come out with a Beru and Owen, and another fig, and since their releasing Tatooine Padme in a few months Cliegg should be in it. Anyone out there able to verify this. Where is Jar Jar Binks when you need him. Tycho do a man search on this site and find Jar Jar!

Tycho
07-26-2003, 01:42 PM
I asked Hasbro at Comic Con about the Lars as I'd really want 2 of each of them!

Hasbro said "not at this time." They felt the Jedi Council and Geonosis War Room were the right direction to take the line due to the Clone Wars theme for this year. They did not say but I think 2004 or early 2005 might be more likely to see the Lars, as I think we have to go back to the farm in the movie in 2005 - for at least one short scene showing how Luke gets to his Aunt and Uncle's.

I think Joel Edgerton (Uncle Owen) is cast for Episode 3 if I'm not mistaken.

Jaff
07-26-2003, 08:10 PM
O.K. The votes have stopped, and not too many people want to share too much thoughts about the Fan Poll, nor guess what is to come. So as this thread comes to a halt I will post the final results of our polls. Since I opened up a new thread (How hard was it for you...) I will be checking this one less and less until it finds itself in second page oblivian. So stop by my new thread and tell us about your figure tales. Until then! :)

Poll#1
Amanaman - 18 votes
Duros - 8 votes
Bom Vimdim - 4 votes
Eeth Koth - 4 votes

Poll#2
Amanaman - 18 votes
Admiral Ozzel - 4 votes
Bren Derlin - 3 votes
Ben Quadinaros - 2 votes
Yareal Poof - 2 votes

Poll#3
Ephant Mon - 10 votes
R1-G4 - 7 votes
General Riekan - 5 votes
Even Piell and Twi'lek Masseuse - 0 votes

Poll#4
Imperial Dignitary - 9 votes
General Riekan - 8 votes
Nym - 0 votes

Poll#5
General Jan Dadonna - 12 votes
Rabe - 2 votes
Captain Antillies - 1 vote
Ben Quadinaros - 1 vote
Yarua - 0 votes

Thanks everyone for your participation I hope to see all of you, and I MEAN ALL OF YOU, at my new thread. We'll have some fun there too.