PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Kid in Episode III?

Pendo
07-04-2003, 02:53 PM
This is from TheForce.Net:

Late last night, those of us watching the E3 webcam saw the makeup dept. putting touches on various Wookiee masks, including Chewbacca's. Then the camera showed us that the crew there was watching the infamous "Star Wars Kid" video. Then at 14:16:40 (on 6/3) the lady we'd been watching for most of the night turned to face the camera and held up a piece of paper. Written on it in black magic marker was this:
We Love Ghyslain. You Rock!! Jedi Kid.

She held it up long enough for the camera to snap a few frames. At 14:17:20 she held up another piece of paper, this time reading:

Ghyslain 4 Episode 3.? C'est possible, non?

I suppose he deserves it :rolleyes:.

Here's the pics:

PENDO!

scruffziller
07-08-2003, 10:16 AM
If this kid knows about that I bet he is in his glory. I know I would be.

JEDIpartner
07-08-2003, 11:31 AM
See...? Don't go picking on people who geek out. They'll end up coming out ahead! :)

Good for you, Ghyslain! You DO rock!

InsaneJediGirl
07-08-2003, 12:05 PM
Yep.I thought the Star Wars Kid video was normal..nothing I dont do once in awhile.Good to see he might get have a part in Episode III.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Er - what is the story about the Jedi kid?

JEDIpartner
07-08-2003, 02:40 PM
He was videotaped swinging a broomstick around like a lightsaber and someone took it and threw in on the web. There were enhancements made to the video so it looked like a lightsaber. He's a bit of a klutz so he looked like a bit of a goof and people started making fun of him. Now he's got a bad case of global embarassment. End.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-08-2003, 03:09 PM
Go here for more info and fun!!

http://www.jedimaster.net/

Might i recommend the "Dork Clones" and "Star Wars Kid: Reloaded" Though, the first two are the originals that started it all. I still laugh hysterically each time i see these. Enjoy! :D

B.t.w- i would love for him to get a small cameo in the movie. It would be something only we fans would like or see. Like, "Holy crap!! the kid next to Chewie, it's the Star Wars Kid!" that would rule!! Best of luck to him! :)

The Overlord Returns
07-08-2003, 04:51 PM
You just know there's gonna be a glut of star wars geeks acting like jack aises online now in the hopes of getting a walk on role in ep3.....

Beast
07-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Looks like 'Star Wars Kid' didn't take his fame very well. :(

'Star Wars Kid' a reluctant Internet phenomenon
CTV.ca News Staff

A video featuring a Quebec teenager's acrobatic battle moves has become the latest Internet sensation and a source of guffaws for millions. Ghyslain Raza, now better know as the Star Wars Kid, isn't laughing.

Trois-Rivieres, Quebec is hardly a galaxy far, far away, but the city is the unlikely home of a very reluctant Jedi Knight.

Raza, 15, shot a video of himself for a school project -- a mock sword fight intended for viewing by a handful of people.

But a few of his classmates uploaded it to the Internet, and within days it had been doctored to look like a scene from Star Wars.

Millions have watched the video, including many people in Trois-Rivieres.

"He makes a fool of himself anyway. You see the guy, you say 'Oh God,'" says CyberCafe owner Luc Sirois.

The story made it into numerous publications worldwide, including the New York Times. Now it has landed in court.

The four students who allegedly put the video on the Internet are facing a $250,000 lawsuit. It claims Raza has suffered "harassment," "ridicule" and "persecution" at school and in the public at large.

Raza ended up leaving high school and finishing his year in the psychiatric wing of a local hospital.

An employee of Raza's old school says the pressure on the young man was intolerable.

"When 500 people laugh at you every noon when you walk into the cafeteria, it can't be easy," says Rafael Jacob.

And in cyberspace it's not easy keeping a low profile once you get linked to Star Wars.

"Star Wars is one of the biggest virtual communities. There are millions of fans. So take this kid, put it together with Star Wars and bingo, it's a hit," says Internet consultant Francois Charron.

It's also eliciting some sympathy. There's an online petition asking Lucasfilm to give the Star Wars Kid a cameo in the next installment of the film.

"... this poor kid is living the nightmare of having his private dorkiness projected across the world to giggling Web users," it reads.

All the result of an encounter with the dark side of the Internet.

With a report from CTV's Jed Kahane.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1058926309556_18///?hub=SciTech

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
07-23-2003, 03:21 PM
I feel sorry for the kid, and feel guilty for downloading and laughing my @** off at the video :(.

Sorry Ghyslain :cry:

PENDO!

Beast
07-23-2003, 03:37 PM
He's either really sensitive, or he's trying to milk it for some big bucks. I'm voting the later, since so many people only seem to care about money nowadays. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Oh God. The kid's famous . . . why would he go to a psychiatric ward? Now he shouldn't be in Episode III. :mad:

JEDIpartner
07-24-2003, 02:00 PM
They really ought to put him in the film so he can just walk into anywhere and say, "Hey, laugh all you want! My dorky behaviour landed me a role in one of the most famous film franchises of all time and they made me into an action figure! how ya like me now, boyyyyyyyyyyy!!"

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-24-2003, 04:55 PM
Holy crap, if he's in the movie AND figure was produced, that would be completely off the hook!! Granted, prolly wn't happen, but i can just see it people on the forums whining about how his action figure has limited articulation and crappy accessories. :D

JediBoulton
07-24-2003, 05:58 PM
He's either really sensitive, or he's trying to milk it for some big bucks. I'm voting the later, since so many people only seem to care about money nowadays. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I would have to agree!!

I got made fun of in High School because I was so involved with the "Star Wars" thing rather than smoking dope and hanging out with the JOCKS!!

People would make fun of me and point and say there goes the Star Wars Geek!! -- Thats part of growing up and being a kid -- YOU WILL GET PICKED ON!! There are just new and different ways of getting picked on now. Getting your picture pasted on the net while doing some routine with a curtain rod is just one of those new ways. It would be the same if this kid was "in Love" with Britney Spears and he sent her a bunch of love letters wanting to meet her and he also wanted to be in one of her next videos -- then someone getting ahold of one of these letters and spreading it all around the school. BIG DEAL -- it aint worth $250,000 -- thats a load of CRAP. If anything -- make the kids apologize in front of the school or something. This KID needs to GROW UP and deal with his humility!! If he is in it for the money -- then he needs his butt kicked!! Lucus is a sucker if he feels sorry for this kid and puts him in EPIII.

Boy -- watch what I can do to get noticed and get a part in the next movie. I would walk around my city wearing nothing but a thong -- painted green -- singing some of Max Rebos greatest hits if it would get me a part!! ( I just wouldn't want THAT Action Figure :) )