PDA

View Full Version : Showin' some skin.

Jedi Clint
07-04-2003, 05:16 PM
Anakin, Padme, and C-3PO shot a "quiet" scene together in Padme's Coruscant apartment recently. Anakin was shirtless.......no mention of the other two :p. I don't know how much time will pass in the SW saga from begining to end in this movie, but I'm going to go ahead and kiss another pet theory I held goodbye. I always figured Anakin hadn't seen Padme for at least a few months before the events that lead him to wear the iron lung. Oh well.

Anakin's relationship with Obi Wan may be stretched thin by the movies open, but they are still on speaking terms (I figured they wouldn't have had contact with one another for at least as long as I thought Anakin and Padme hadn't seen each other). And now Anakin and Padme are together at least as the film opens as well.

Obviously there is some pretty major stuff happening in E3. An event or events so powerful they rip apart a friendship, and separate 2 lovers forever.

Given that we know Padme is hiding her pregnancy with clothing, this scene also suggests that Anakin does know she's pregnant. If he's hanging with her sans shirt, I have trouble believing that he doesn't know what she's packin'....so to speak.

I've got much rethinking to do.

Battle Droid
07-04-2003, 06:45 PM
About her hiding her pregnancy from Anakin before his turn to the Darkside. Maybe she's afraid Anakin will turn the children over to the Jedi Council, and she's putting off on telling him for a while.

Anakin could be just changing his shirt, and maybe they haven't made love since Padme has found out she's pregnant. With the Clone War going on I doubt Anakin see's her very much.

I doubt Anakin would turn them over to the Council, but maybe Padme doesn't know if he would or wouldn't.

Bosskman
07-04-2003, 07:08 PM
I'm having a hard time believing that, if Anakin has't seen his wife for a couple of months that they'd be doin nothin. I don't think she could hide a pregnancy from anakin, even if she was dressed in a sumo suit. Either Anakin knows or the movie is spaced out for at least nine months (which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY as it doesn't seem to be Lucas's style with the other 5 films) My money is on he knows and Padme dies later in the film and he thinks the baby (or babies) have died with her - and don't let me hear about that "Leia has to be 3 years old to have memories crap" either, she's the daughter of the most powerful force user in a fictional galaxy which doesn't follow our stupid western medice "rules". Also, I have a memory of a place that is from when I was only a couple months old, or less that's sorta how Leia describes her memory of Padme in ROTJ, believe me or don't but nothing is impossible. Anyway, I'm 99% sure now that Anakin knows Padme is pregnant.

Battle Droid
07-04-2003, 07:17 PM
Maybe Anakin just stops by for a quick hello, and to change, and then he's off again. Doubt it though.

Your theory makes more sense anyway. :D

Bosskman
07-04-2003, 07:33 PM
Since we're on the subject of Anakin and Padme, why is it that many people assume that they have some sort of falling out. There has never been any indication of this happening as far as I know. I don't think they would turn on each other for anything. Anakin would definately not turn on Padme, she's all he's got. Most people think Padme's going to betray Anakin somehow but I don't think she ever would. I don't think that Lucas has given us any indication that Padme is the type of person to turn on the people she loves - and she LOVES Anakin. I think it would be inconsisten with her character to decieve or betray Anakin in any way. I think something may happen that may lead her to believe Anakin is dead, probably ol Palpy has something to do with this. This would explain why Leia remembers her as sad. (Keep in mind, I'm of the opinion that the infant Leia can remember her mother, and that Padme dies in the movie. Here's my scenario. Pregnant Padme hear's from, oh, I don't know, Palpy, that Anakin is dead or in trobule. Padme is heartbroken and melancholic over this but goes on because she's a strong woman and determined to be there for her unborn children. Obi Wan, who's also heard the "news" about Anakin, tells her he's going to investigate the matter. Obi-Wan later meets up with Anakin, who's either turned to the darkside, or well on his way, and "confirms" to Padme that Anakin is dead. Somehow all the turmoil surrounding Palpy and the end of the Clone Wars and the anti-Jedi incidents, result in something happening to Padme that leads Anakin to believe she's dead. Towards the end of the film, Padme gives birth to the twins. Convinced that Anakin is dead and the new Emperor will kill her children, she allows her children to be separated. Obi Wan immediately takes Luke to Tatooine leaving Leia with Padme at least a little longer. Leia is then taken to Alderaan with or without Padme, who either dies at the end or just lingers for a while till we learn her fate in ROTJ. (I don't think Lucas would do this to one of the MAJOR characters so she probably dies somehow) I just don't think Anakin would turn if he thought Padme was alive. This way, he thinks she's dead, she thinks he's dead and both their lives are destroyed.

Jedi Clint
07-04-2003, 07:33 PM
I'm having a hard time believing that, if Anakin has't seen his wife for a couple of months that they'd be doin nothin. I don't think she could hide a pregnancy from anakin, even if she was dressed in a sumo suit. Either Anakin knows or the movie is spaced out for at least nine months (which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY as it doesn't seem to be Lucas's style with the other 5 films) My money is on he knows and Padme dies later in the film and he thinks the baby (or babies) have died with her - and don't let me hear about that "Leia has to be 3 years old to have memories crap" either, she's the daughter of the most powerful force user in a fictional galaxy which doesn't follow our stupid western medice "rules". Also, I have a memory of a place that is from when I was only a couple months old, or less that's sorta how Leia describes her memory of Padme in ROTJ, believe me or don't but nothing is impossible. Anyway, I'm 99% sure now that Anakin knows Padme is pregnant.

I agree for the most part. I don't think she has to actually die in order for Anakin to think she has. Perhaps the Jedi fake her death to hide her from he and Palpatine.

Jedi Clint
07-04-2003, 07:39 PM
What about just hiding them from Palpatine after Anakin "dies"? Perhaps it is Padme and Anakin's children that are in danger from Palpatine, and they fake her death in order to protect them. Obi Wan might even believe (at that time) that Anakin is dead. I never felt that Anakin and Padme would split up. Having a disagreement or two perhaps, but never fall out of love with one or other.

I could see how you'd get that impression from my post. The reason I believed they wouldn't have seen each other for a few months before E3 and during, was that Anakin was off fighting in the Clone Wars. Not because they didn't love one another. But I'm pitching that idea. As you said, the movie probably won't span 8 or 9 months worth of time. He knows she's pregnant.....but he is probably the only one for a good portion of the movie.

Bosskman
07-04-2003, 07:42 PM
I wouldn't put it past Obi Wan to streatch the truth but I don't thinl Padme would be in on it. Seeing her as a hapless pawn in epIII would demonstrate how Padme's troubles have caused her downward spiral from the strong Padme of TPM and AOTC. I think that her and Anakin's conversation abouth their both their lives being destroyed is gonna resonate big-time in this movie. Padme is a victim here. She's been played by Palpy since day one of TPM, when she realizes this, coupled with the loss of Anakin, she's gonna be DEVASTATED.

Jedi Clint
07-04-2003, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't put it past Obi Wan to streatch the truth but I don't thinl Padme would be in on it. Seeing her as a hapless pawn in epIII would demonstrate how Padme's troubles have caused her downward spiral from the strong Padme of TPM and AOTC. I think that her and Anakin's conversation abouth their both their lives being destroyed is gonna resonate big-time in this movie. Padme is a victim here. She's been played by Palpy since day one of TPM, when she realizes this, coupled with the loss of Anakin, she's gonna be DEVASTATED.

Once again I agree :) I'm leaning more toward hiding her and them from Palpatine as they believe Anakin is dead. What choice do they really have? They'll learn (at some point) that Palpatine will crush his opposition and I'm sure that will include Padme. They filmed another scene with Mothma, Organa (a stand in), and Padme recently. I bet they were discussing Palps behind his back. Hiding Padme and her offspring, may not be in reaction to anything regarding Anakin. It might be exclusively due to Padme's plot against Palpatine and Obi Wan's fear for the safety of Anakin's offspring.

Thanks for the discussion guys...I love it!

Bosskman
07-04-2003, 07:48 PM
I see where you're going with this, Padme thinks Anakin is dead and she fakes her death to fool Palpy, interseting......

I'm pretty sure though that Palpy is gonna be behind some sorta sceme to get rid of Padme anyway. I mean, technically, he's ultimately resonsible for the attempts on her life in AOTC as well. It only stands to reason the attempts on her life will continue. I'm still not fully convinced she dies in the movie. Maybe, rather that faking her death, she barely survives an assasination attempt, or her decoy gets bumped off again, and Obi Wan convinces her to hide the fact she survived. I could see this happening, even if she knew Anakin was still alive, she could let him in on it later.. Yeah, it's all coming together now......

Bosskman
07-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Jedi Clint, I think you're on the right track on the plotting gainst Palpy, or at least the principle of the Empire, thing however, I don't think Organa and Mothma will know Padme is prego. I seem to remember something on the official site saying that Padme goes to great lengths to hide her pregnancy. Discussing this in the open seems sorta risky if you ask me. I think the only others besides Anakin who know are Yoda, Obi Wan, and, by the end of the movie, Bail's gotta know. Anyone else would probably blab. Especially Jar Jar.

Jedi Clint
07-04-2003, 07:55 PM
I see where you're going with this, Padme thinks Anakin is dead and she fakes her death to fool Palpy, interseting......

I'm pretty sure though that Palpy is gonna be behind some sorta sceme to get rid of Padme anyway. I mean, technically, he's ultimately resonsible for the attempts on her life in AOTC as well. It only stands to reason the attempts on her life will continue. I'm still not fully convinced she dies in the movie. Maybe, rather that faking her death, she barely survives an assasination attempt, or her decoy gets bumped off again, and Obi Wan convinces her to hide the fact she survived. I could see this happening, even if she knew Anakin was still alive, she could let him in on it later.. Yeah, it's all coming together now......

Excellent! That works perfectly! I bet your right. Palpatine and the goons from the TF and Co. are still trying to snuff her out. The part about Obi Wan convincing her to let everyone believe an attempt succeeded is spot on! She could be hurt by the attempt, or I think she could simply be devasted emotionally from the giving up Luke and watching Leia grow up as someone else's daughter, and physically from the birth of the twins. Emotional trauma can facilitate terminal diseases. But if she suffered physical trauma from the birth and a wound she got in her "final" assassination attempt, that would ice the cake :cool:

Jedi Clint
07-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Jedi Clint, I think you're on the right track on the plotting gainst Palpy, or at least the principle of the Empire, thing however, I don't think Organa and Mothma will know Padme is prego. I seem to remember something on the official site saying that Padme goes to great lengths to hide her pregnancy. Discussing this in the open seems sorta risky if you ask me. I think the only others besides Anakin who know are Yoda, Obi Wan, and, by the end of the movie, Bail's gotta know. Anyone else would probably blab. Especially Jar Jar.

That gungan beast can't keep his tounge in his pie hole. :p She'd probably want to keep it a secret from everyone 'cept the hubby unless circumstances require her to let others in as you say.

And thanks again guys. :)

Lord Malakite
07-06-2003, 09:05 AM
This just might be a little too crazy for Lucas to even consider, but what if Padme is hiding her pregnancy from Anakin by having one of her political doubles fill in for her at home. :eek: :crazed:

Meanwhile, Palpatine is no doubt blaming all the troubles of the Republic on the Jedi as being the cause. He will no doubt site the Clone Wars as one of these such troubles, with Dooku being on one side and the rest of the Jedi on the other (all the while knowing that the common people have no knowledge that Dooku is now a Sith, probably since the Jedi Council has been so hush hush on their return). This will eventually lead to hunting down the Jedi as more people in the Republic start to believe it.

Then Palpatine arranges it so that something Obi-Wan does, possibly by order of the Jedi Council, ends up killing the double right in front of Anakin (which he still believes to be Padme). This leads Anakin to believe and join Palpatine's side of exterminating the Jedi as well. He will then eventually get into the dual with Obi-Wan which turns him into the Vader we know today.

Obi-Wan, Yoda, Bail Organa, and a pregnant Padme then flee (knowing that they can never reveal that Padme is safe, both for the safety of the infants and to not hurt/infuriate Anakin anymore than he already has). The people (believing Palpatine is the only one really looking out for them) declare him emperor and the Republic becomes the Empire. Those that disagree with Palpatine break away to become the Rebellion. Padme then gives birth and the babies are seperated (Bail, Padme, and Leia going to Alderaan and Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Luke to Dagobah, then Tatooine).

JEDIpartner
07-07-2003, 09:37 AM
I just think they threw the scene in there to show that Hayden's no little twig boy anymore...

Jedi Clint
07-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Padme's apartment set was torn down as it is no longer needed to film E3. It sounds like there are little more than 2 scenes filmed for this set. Padme and shirtless Anakin, and a meeting between the Senators with C-3PO serving refreshments.

InsaneJediGirl
07-08-2003, 11:23 AM
I just think they threw the scene in there to show that Hayden's no little twig boy anymore...

I'd have to agree,or they just want the Hayden groupies to come back so Lucas is trying to appease them. :crazed:

plo koon 200
07-08-2003, 01:34 PM
I just think it is cool that we will see his arm in that fashion.

Jedi Clint
07-17-2003, 04:50 PM
I don't think it's just to show off his new build ;)