PDA

View Full Version : Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

Tycho
07-04-2003, 08:27 PM
I've been re-reading ALL the Star Wars comics and books in chronological order, and Darth Maul Shadow Hunter stands out like a beacon amongst the rest.

I've read it before, but I can't put it down! (last time I read it, or now!)

Michael Reeves did an excellent job with this book. Did I forget if he's written anything else for Star Wars?

If not, he should be hired! Immediately!

Remember:

Lord Sidious
Darth Maul
Master Anoon Bondara, Twi'Lek Jedi
Padawan Darsha Assant
I-Five, merc droid
Lorn Pavan, con, peddler, survivor, scoundrel
Hath Monchar, Vice Chair, Trade Federation
Mahwi Lihnn, bounty hunter

Darn great characters! - I loved this book!

InsaneJediGirl
07-05-2003, 02:19 PM
I agree Tycho.Since Maul had little time onscreen,I was glad someone was able to get into his head and actually give insight on how the character works.

I have not heard of Michael Reeves writing any other SW fiction,seems everyone is caught up in NJO anyways.Maybe they'll start a Old Republic Series and he'll come back.

Sidiously Darth
07-13-2003, 10:35 PM
I must agree with Tycho. Shadow Hunter was an excellent book. I hope to begin rereading some books in the near future. I still have a few gaps in my SW library and want to fill them before I start in earnest.

For the past few years I've been reading all over the SW Timeline. I'm currently finishing up NJO Reunion & The Glove of Darth Vader six book series. You wouldn't guess that there's a small connection between Reunion & The Glove of Darth Vader.

Slight Spoiler Here

In NJO Reunion, the term 'whaladon' is mentioned. This happens to be sentient creatures featured in The Glove of Darth Vader. If you decide to read that series of books, don't look for anything grand. They are older books with a rather simple SW universe as a guide.

AdmiralPiett
07-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Has anyone read Star Wars Tales this month? I thought the last story "Heart of Darkness" was really good. It was about a fight between Yoda (still called "Minch", the story took place 700 years before the battle of Yavin) fighting a Dark Jedi on Dagobah (at "the cave"). It was his first time on Dagobah and Yoda learned a valuable lesson that day about how much fear he really had in him. Also noteworthy about this issue is the REAL story of Han Solo's "Kessel Run". Check it out if you haven't already.
Piett