PDA

View Full Version : Getting Lego sets on-line

Bosskman
07-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Is there any place on-line besides eBay to get the older lego sets (Star Wars or otherwise). There's some of these I gotta have.

LusiferSam
07-05-2003, 12:53 PM
There is a site called BrickLink (http://www.bricklink.com/) that you might try. If eBay is like an auction house, BrickLink is more like a flea market. On the one hand its similar to eBay, but on the other its very different. I've only bought parts there. The few times I've looked for sets on there the prices were far to high. But check it out for your self.

Bosskman
07-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the info.

JediTricks
07-06-2003, 01:43 AM
Sometimes KB Toyworks has older sets, also some mom & pop stores still have those sets on their shelves collecting dust.

[DSS]Pedr0
07-06-2003, 02:56 AM
what about LEGO.com?? do they still stock some of the older ones?

JediTricks
07-06-2003, 11:54 PM
Not usually, but every once in a while they either reissue an old set through Shop At Home or they find a few older ones and offer them on a 1st-come-1st-served basis.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-07-2003, 11:26 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. I'd really like to get the B-Wing set but only a few ever show up on ebay and they go for over $50.

JediBoulton
08-04-2003, 04:42 PM
Not usually, but every once in a while they either reissue an old set through Shop At Home or they find a few older ones and offer them on a 1st-come-1st-served basis.

Question -- why cant I do this?!?!

I live here is the US. I wanted to order the Darth Maul Bust from the LEGO Austrilla Site -- it is onsale for AUD 59.00 -- This is about $38.00
in US currency -- what a bargin.

LEGO.com will not let me change my country to ship to :frus:

This sucks -- I miss out on a great price cause I don't live down under!!

JediTricks
08-04-2003, 09:40 PM
Hmm, I dunno, my guess is that the set is actually in Australia, otherwise the listing would be in the US part of the site as well.

JediBoulton
08-05-2003, 11:16 AM
Hmm, I dunno, my guess is that the set is actually in Australia, otherwise the listing would be in the US part of the site as well.

Could I not order from Australia and pay the overseas shipping -- and still come out better?

Surely there is a way to "trick" the system...

JediTricks
08-05-2003, 08:09 PM
I have no idea. I had something shipped from Australia a few years ago and it was pretty pricey though. Maybe Lego doesn't want to deal with international shipping at all, it is a big hassle.