PDA

View Full Version : The Gods Must be Crazy

Darth Jax
07-06-2003, 11:31 AM
N!Xau the bushman tasked with returning the fabled coke bottle to the gods has died.

Jedi Clint
07-06-2003, 02:58 PM
:(

What a fun movie he leaves behind though.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-06-2003, 03:56 PM
oh man, I LOVE that movie and he's the one that made it so good!

Do you know how old he was??

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-07-2003, 12:34 AM
I remember watching that movie in my High School Senior Year Economic's Class about five years ago. It had to do with the concept of scarcity and I do remember vividly 'the pop bottle from the airplane' scene and the commotion it caused among the natives. We never did get to watch the whole movie, just spent one period on the opening of the movie.

I do believe Comedy Central replays both the first movie and the sequel from time to time.

darthvyn
07-07-2003, 12:57 AM
man, it's been a long time since i saw this movie... that's a shame about his death. gotta check that one out again some time soon...

Darth Jax
07-07-2003, 01:22 AM
oh man, I LOVE that movie and he's the one that made it so good!

Do you know how old he was??
not even he was aware of his age. speculation put him in his upper 50's.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-07-2003, 02:20 AM
not even he was aware of his age. speculation put him in his upper 50's.

that makes complete sense, that he wasn't aware of his age...never really thought of that, but amazing nonetheless!

50's or 60's seems about right to me, but you never can tell?? :)

aceguide
07-07-2003, 09:16 AM
That's too bad. :cry:

What a great movie - truly a classic. I love the sped up chase scenes.

OC47150
07-14-2003, 05:15 PM
TGMBC played for more than a year at one of our local second-run theatres when it was released. It was great! Too bad it's not out on DVD.

Beast
11-16-2003, 09:45 AM
TGMBC played for more than a year at one of our local second-run theatres when it was released. It was great! Too bad it's not out on DVD.
Well, it soon will be. According to Amazon.com it's got a Febuary 3rd release date. MSRP is $29.99, so it could possibly be a 2-disc set. Perhaps a double feature with the sequel? Figured I would pass the news on, for fans of the movie. :)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JKU7

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Jax
11-18-2003, 11:03 PM
thanks for the update JJB.

the movie and its sequel feature some of the best visual comedy scenes since the days of chaplin and keaton.

Beast
11-25-2003, 01:44 PM
Here's the specs from DVDFile:

And making its long-awaited DVD debut is a two-pack of the hit foreign comedies The Gods Must Be Crazy and The Gods Must Be Crazy Part II. Each is presented in newly-remastered anamorphic widescreen and Dolby 2.0 surround, and extras include two new featurettes, the last known interview with star Nixau, a still gallery and bonus trailers. Retail will be $29.95.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks