PDA

View Full Version : Lack of 12" Figures

tagmac
07-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Having read the newest FAQ's, it seems the reason the Lando Wave was so tough to find is because the stores still have the Dooku wave, and don't want them. This doesn't bode well for the upcoming ewok wave, either. This is where the Fan Club should show some brains, and offer all of these figs to us collectors, since the stores don't care. But then, since when have Hasbro OR the Fan Club cared about us lately anyway?

gtrain29
07-07-2003, 03:00 PM
What you say makes too much sense for hasbro to consider it.

derek
07-07-2003, 05:20 PM
that's why i bought the case of the yoda wave from EE. i didn't want to miss this wave like i did the lando wave, which is the only wave i'd had trouble finding since the original darth maul wave in 1999.

Imperialist_14
07-09-2003, 06:56 AM
Once again an example of lousy distribution. I already have 2 Count Dooku's, Zam & Super Battle Droids. How many of them do you really need?

Last time I checked the stores, there were tons of these figures collecting dust.

The one I really really want is the Biker Scout - that puppy looks awesome! :cool:

Unfortunately I probably won't find him at any store because of these dusty figures. Have to get it elsewhere! Bummer!!!

Jaff
07-09-2003, 03:56 PM
I'm going against the wind here, because I'm going to disagree quite optimistically. Since the 12" ewok wave is coming out in the fall it is perfect for all of us since all the retail stores begin their fall planogram. This means they have to remerchandise their stores and dump clearance on all those things that are sitting on shelves, namely the Dooku wave. This makes reordering more imperative to create the fresh new look. Besides in many stores from TN to NY 12" is literal slim pickings. The 3 3/4 is what I'm worried about since there are new figs almost every month. You may be right in your opinion, but I hope your wrong.

Jayspawn
07-12-2003, 09:42 AM
My stores don't even have the 12" Dooku wave. The shelves are jammed with Dengar, Anakin, the retched looking Padme, and TONS of Zam. Looks like the Han wave completely skipped my stores.

(fingers crossed for 12" Biker Scout, Yoda and Luke)

Turbowars
07-13-2003, 10:29 AM
Yeah my TRU here in Southern CA has plenty of the Dooku wave, sometimes a Padme wave will show up, but that wave was so bad I didn't pick them up. I thought the same thing about the Scout wave and picked them up from EE. I got rid of the 2 extras and the price is just a few cents over retail, if you pick the case up from EE (no shipping). The Lando wave in Lala Land, who knows if it will ever show up around here?

hamsterboy
07-17-2003, 05:44 PM
The stores need to share some of the blame. You can't keep the same items at the same price month after month. My Wal-Mart has dropped the price by two whole dollars. Big whoop.

tagmac
07-18-2003, 03:08 PM
The sad part is, Jedi Luke has been released twice, and they put two in the case. The Ewoks are the only 100% new figures, and they are 1 per case. Why order an overpriced case from EE when I already have a Luke and Biker Scout, just to get the Ewoks. Hasbro is really being stupid with their case assortments again.

Turbowars
07-18-2003, 05:29 PM
The sad part is, Jedi Luke has been released twice, and they put two in the case. The Ewoks are the only 100% new figures, and they are 1 per case. Why order an overpriced case from EE when I already have a Luke and Biker Scout, just to get the Ewoks. Hasbro is really being stupid with their case assortments again.
Over priced Case fromm EE? I don't think so. Before tax the figures are cheaper that retail, $18.33 each. I got rid of my extra Luke and wanted 2 Yoda's so EE was a deal. Good luck with finding them in retail. The Ewoks aren't that great anyways. Have you guys seen how bad the up comming Jawas are? I thought the action collection was bad. They don't come with cloth, they are molded.

derek
07-18-2003, 05:50 PM
as turbowars said, the case from EE is really a good deal. i got a case shipped to my home for $120. that's $20 a figure, same as retail, and i didn't have to drive to 500 stores to find the bikerscout.

i'm still kicking myself for not getting a case of the lando wave.....as i doubt i'll ever see those at retail.

..........it's EE all the way for me from now on.............i haven't been to a wal-mart in months! :happy:

gtrain29
07-19-2003, 08:39 PM
Over priced Case fromm EE? Ewoks aren't that great anyways. Have you guys seen how bad the up comming Jawas are? I thought the action collection was bad. They don't come with cloth, they are molded.

Yeah, I'm going to have nightmares about those jawas. Those little guys were some of my favorite characters from the OT, and hasbro gives us this cheap rendition. I was going to get the ewoks even though the molded plastic hoods made me sick, but after seeing these jawas, I doubt I'll get either.

tagmac
07-23-2003, 04:33 PM
as turbowars said, the case from EE is really a good deal. i got a case shipped to my home for $120. that's $20 a figure, same as retail, and i didn't have to drive to 500 stores to find the bikerscout.

i'm still kicking myself for not getting a case of the lando wave.....as i doubt i'll ever see those at retail.

..........it's EE all the way for me from now on.............i haven't been to a wal-mart in months! :happy:

It's a good deal, IF you can sell the double Luke and Yoda - not as likely considering Luke was released twice already. And because of the poor case packs, you can't even order them as an overpriced set of 4. Same reason I didn't get the Lando wave from them, because w/shipping, it's like you're getting 3 figures for the price of 3, and I didn't want the Han fig to begin with. It used to be, TRU/amazon had them available individually online, but since the Anakin/Padme wave they, like Hasbro, have shown disdain for the collectors by not carrying any of them - not even the Ewok wave. For those of us with a limited budget, we can only afford to shell out $40-$50 for the 2 figures we don't already have - buying a case, no matter the value, is not advantageous, nutil the cases start carrying only one of each figure, and all new ones at that.

Turbowars
07-23-2003, 07:00 PM
It's a good deal, IF you can sell the double Luke and Yoda - not as likely considering Luke was released twice already. And because of the poor case packs, you can't even order them as an overpriced set of 4. Same reason I didn't get the Lando wave from them, because w/shipping, it's like you're getting 3 figures for the price of 3, and I didn't want the Han fig to begin with. It used to be, TRU/amazon had them available individually online, but since the Anakin/Padme wave they, like Hasbro, have shown disdain for the collectors by not carrying any of them - not even the Ewok wave. For those of us with a limited budget, we can only afford to shell out $40-$50 for the 2 figures we don't already have - buying a case, no matter the value, is not advantageous, nutil the cases start carrying only one of each figure, and all new ones at that.
I totally understand where you are coming from. What I do is plan ahead. EE has pre sales all the time, as you probably know and I ask around is anyone wants something from the case I'll be getting. Believe it or not, but my extra Jedi Luke didn't last one day. A guy from Rebel Scum bought it from me. I could of got rid of Yoda, but I may open one of him up and keep one boxed. One of the things I like about this wave is the box. It really looks classy, well as much as a SW box could. One other thng is I live pretty close to EE and don't pay shipping, but I do pay tax, so you out of staters pretty much get the same 20 bucks a figure deal.

gtrain29
07-23-2003, 10:55 PM
How is the box different?

I really don't care about the packaging anymore since hasbro became to cheap to continue the Collector Series boxes. To save space I've trashed all of my other awful looking boxes.
The CS packaging was really what got me collecting the 12"ers, I think. Now that was classy packaging! I always thought it was reminiscent of the vintage line.

Turbowars
07-23-2003, 11:47 PM
**Good news!!! EE has the next wave of 12" up for pre order and you can buy a set of 3 or the whole case. Hasbro came through with a even case. Check it out
below.........................................
*July 23, 2003Pre-Order Jawa 2-Pack Wave Mark: From Entertainment Earth: Dear Fans,
Fresh from the display cases at Hasbro's booth from Comic-Con comes the newest Star Wars 12-inch assortment! Pre-order today... Choose from a set or a full case:
Saga 12 inch Wave 6 Set (Item# HS84940DD, $59.99) Star Wars Saga 12 inch scale figure assortment wave 6 (also known as 2003 wave 4). Set of 3 all-new figures includes 1x 5 inch Jawa 2-pack, 1x Classic Obi-Wan Kenobi, 1x Garindan (subject to change). Each figure includes themed accessories.
Saga 12 inch Wave 6 Case (Item# HS84940D, $114.99) Star Wars Saga 12 inch scale figure assortment wave 6 (also known as 2003 wave 4). Case of 6 all-new figures includes 2x 5 inch Jawa 2-pack, 2x Classic Obi-Wan Kenobi, 2x Garindan (subject to change).
As for the different box, it's square again and the white and blue is nice. I hated the Saga box and most of the figures.

tagmac
07-24-2003, 07:43 PM
That is good news, but seeing as how we've already had Obi-Wan twice and a much better Jawa, it's not worth it just to get Garindan. Then again, since everyone's gonna want that figure, I could see scalpers getting away with charging 50-60 bucks for it. If Hasbro had any brains, they'd have stuck Skiff Lando and the AT-ST driver back in with Garindan and given us a set worth buying. But, I'll say it again, as long as they can have their "theme sets" (complete with re-hashes), why should they care about us, the collectors?

gtrain29
07-26-2003, 11:57 AM
Hey, I just saw the Lando Skiff & ATST Driver at the TRU here in K.C., MO. That's encouraging that the wave has finally made it to the midwest.
Unfortunately, I won't have a penny to spare for 2 more weeks, so I'll have to wait till then to pick them up. But they sure were impressive figures!

tagmac
07-26-2003, 08:13 PM
Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed that maybe these are gonna start showing up at retail now.

Old Fossil
07-27-2003, 05:55 PM
I haven't bought a 12" figure since the turn of the year, when WM blew out the Dengar/Zuckuss/Imperial Officer wave. THAT was a cool wave -- the only assortment where I bought 1 of each, EVER.

Never saw the dreadful Padme/Anakin/Geonosian wave, or the Lando Skiff wave. I have absolutely no confidence I'll find the Biker Scout wave, and I really wanted one of the Scouts (I never was able to find the Target exclusive w/speederbike). Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong, come autumn...