PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite POTJ Figures

Imperialist_14
07-07-2003, 08:18 AM
This has probably been done somewhere but since I love the POTJ Line - my favorite since POTF- I thought I would ask this. :happy:

Mine are as follows:

1) Queen Amidala Theed Invasion (incredible sculpt) :D :D
2) Lando Calrissian (the best yet produced) :D
3) Sabe (very colorful) :D

Mandalorian Candidat
07-07-2003, 03:30 PM
I really hated this line because it spelled the doom to the CT-movie scene concept going in POTF2. The first several figures were horrible but the line did get better in the end with several superior sculpts.

If I had to pick I'd include:

-BoShek (love the helmet and holster concepts)
-Black R2 (can't get enough astromechs)
-Concept Qui-Gon and OB1s (thought they were original and appreciated them much more than the numerous resculpts in the traditional Jedi garb)

Dark Marble
07-07-2003, 03:55 PM
I think the ones I was most excited about at the time were Han Bespin Capture, Bespin escape Leia and Lando, X-wing Luke, and Tessek. I am sure there were others that I couldn't wait for, but those are the ones that jump out of my mind first. Anything ESB or Jabba's palace is ok by me!!! And I had been waiting for a new Luke X-wing! :)

Darkross
07-08-2003, 11:29 AM
My picks are:

1. FX-7
2. Scout Trooper (CLEAN)
3. R2Q5
4. Boba Fett 300th
5. Imperial Officer
6. R4M9

mm74md
07-08-2003, 11:55 AM
All of them (almost). By far my favorite line!

Arrogant Arse
07-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Dagobah Vader (Cool Transparency)
BoShek (Sideburns!)
Sand Trooper

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-08-2003, 12:58 PM
My favorite POTJ figure would have to be Ben Kenobi.

TheDarthVader
07-08-2003, 01:09 PM
no particular order
dagobah vader
r2-q5
gungan warrior
clean scout trooper
eeth koth
chewbacca dejark champion

Dark Knight
07-09-2003, 01:04 AM
My favorite figures were: biker scout and imperial officer. We needed them for a long time.

Oh yea, I cann't forget about Bo Shek. :D

sith_killer_99
07-09-2003, 01:35 AM
I really hated this line because it spelled the doom to the CT-movie scene concept going in POTF2. The first several figures were horrible but the line did get better in the end with several superior sculpts.

I don't get what you mean? The first several figures were originally going to be part of the POTF2 CommTech line.

I have to say that the Power of the Jedi is my all time favorite line! There are many great figures in the line, my favorites include:

Darth Vader (Dagobah Spirit)
Sandtrooper
Lando Calrissian
Scout Trooper
Imperial Officer
Gungan Warrior
Coruscant Guard
Bo Shek
FX-7
Queen Amidala Theed (an almost perfect sculpt)
R2-Q5
Shmi Skywalker
Han Solo (Bespin)
Princess Leia (Bespin)

Need I go on? Sure there were some low points (Buck-tooth Luke, Accessory belt Han and Pampers Leia). But what line dosen't have a few bad figures?

BTW, here are some samples of gen2 CT:

hamsterboy
07-17-2003, 08:52 PM
I'm just glad they're going back to this style of figure.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-18-2003, 11:26 AM
I don't get what you mean? The first several figures were originally going to be part of the POTF2 CommTech line.

Yeah, but only Dejarik Chewie fit into the movie scene theme that was started with the POTF CT series. That whole idea was killed when Hasbro nixed the CT chips and decided to go with the combined line.

I will carry that resentment to my grave...or at least until senility hits. :crazed:

Kidhuman
07-18-2003, 11:23 PM
BOShek
Vader(Both)
Biker Scout
Lando(by far the best Lando ever made. Thanks Jargo for showing it to me)
Eeth Koth
Dejarik Champ Chewie
Teebo
All of them were great figures since the line is above and beyond all the others. It is really hard to pick favorites from them, but those are the ones that stand out to me

fishyfett
07-19-2003, 12:21 PM
Except for bucktooth Luke and Chocobi Kenobi (one w/ a big delicious cocoa cloak), this line rocks. Gave us some of the most desired characters fans have been clamoring for. Porkins, BoShek, Tessek, Teebo, Aurra Sing, among others. So yeah, I'm looking forward to the return of this style in SW figures. POTJ rules!!!!

plo koon 200
07-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Almost all the figures had great sculpts. I love all figures made 2001 to the end. Some of the earlier figures were okay but I don't think there was any real bad figures. I think some of the Saga figures were far worse. And, I'm not saying I don't like the first POTJ figures to come out besides we got Coruscant Guard, Dagobach Vader, Porkins, Mas Ameeda, among others that were all excellent.

AdmiralPiett
07-25-2003, 01:52 PM
Yeah, this line had superior sculpts, neutral poses, and good detail!
My favorites were:
Boshek
Duros
Queen Amidala (Theed)
FX-7
Bespin escape Leia and Lando
R4-M9
Gungan warrior
etc. etc.

There were a lot of greats. Long live non-movie years!
Piett

Old Fossil
07-27-2003, 09:03 AM
Tusken Raider - desert sniper
FX-7
X-Wing Luke (really!)
R2-Q5
Imperial Biker Scout
Zutton (Snaggletooth)
Lando Calrissian
Boba Fett (300th fig.)
Jek Porkins
Sandtrooper
Duros
Luke in Bacta Tank
Mon Calamari Officer

Man, those were good days for SW collectors!

fishyfett
07-27-2003, 11:54 AM
Tusken Raider - desert sniper
FX-7
X-Wing Luke (really!)
R2-Q5
Imperial Biker Scout
Zutton (Snaggletooth)
Lando Calrissian
Boba Fett (300th fig.)
Jek Porkins
Sandtrooper
Duros
Luke in Bacta Tank
Mon Calamari Officer

Man, those were good days for SW collectors! Yeah, POTJ was in a way kinda like POTF in 1995-1998. All diversified characters in neutral poses. No gimmicks, no crap!!! Hopefully the new Saga and Clone Wars (and EP III) lines will be like this style till Star Wars is DEAD!!!

aceguide
07-28-2003, 09:03 AM
POTJ is my personal favorite line. All the figures I have from that line are well sculpted with no gimmicks.

In nor particular order my favs include: Sebulba, Lando, Bespin Han, Sandtrooper and Bo Shek. Gungan Warrior is also up there - but I'd like to see them modify him in the future to have a better and more diverse army.

fishyfett
07-28-2003, 09:26 AM
Too bad he didn't come with food accessories. That would've made more sense that a crappy gimmick. Pizza boxes, doughnut bags, kung pao chicken trays and a 2-liter Coke would've been awesome!!! :D

Hmmm....maybe a Burping sound chip. No excuses, though.

Jaff
08-14-2003, 12:58 PM
The POTJ line was the greatest line made to date. It had supperior marketing, great case assorting, fan geared figures, and supperior sculpts.

My favorite figs were:
FX-7
Lando (Bespin)
BoShek

yngadult
08-15-2003, 02:37 PM
This was a great period for the SW line:

I liked the following

300th Edition Boba (if he counts as POTJ)
Imperial Officer
Scout Trooper
SandTrooper (although I prefer a clean version)

Others were good like Gen Lando, but the above were my favs.

RussUAE
09-10-2003, 07:53 AM
Yes a fabulous line all round.

The absolute best IMO is Amidala Theed - sheer plastic perfection.

The two Sabe's were good too, and a healthy cheer for the Scouttrooper is in order.

keithfite
09-11-2003, 02:30 AM
Bare chested darth maul. that was just cool.

I also liked qui gon and obi wan in jedi training gear and obi wan in snow gear.

Val Da Car
09-11-2003, 11:47 PM
Boshek (cause he looks like a Space 1999 pilot...does anyone have a Space 1999 Eagle they may want to part with?)

R4-M9 (nuff said)

Imperial Officer (great articulation)

Amidala (Theed) fantastic figure

ImperialTrooperTk421
10-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Aurra Sing
ScoutTrooper
Admiral Motti
SandTrooper

Card Dreamer
03-21-2004, 03:32 AM
my favorite has GOT to be Ketwol W/ Removable Pants...I mean, this is the BEST assessory to EVER come with a figure...and best part is, the pants already come OFF Ketwol! Gotta lot galactic flashers =P

Silent Chazz
03-21-2004, 05:40 AM
My two alltime favorites from this line were Barechested Maul and the Clean Scout Trooper. What irkes me is my Darth Maul's arms are missing (since the plastic was rubbery, his arms popped out and got lost during my last move).

Card Dreamer
03-21-2004, 12:48 PM
That sucks Chazz. I guess that's one plus side to being a MOC collector :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-21-2004, 12:50 PM
The best quality line of SW figures that have ever been produced saw so many great figures. I would say that my ultimate favorite would be FX-7, considering the amount of detail put into that figure.

Other favs include:

Tessek
r2-q5
Lando (wasn't that all one wave?)
Bespin Chewie
Scout Troopers
Sandtrooper
Amanaman

Card Dreamer
03-21-2004, 12:57 PM
My other favorites included:

1.) Shirtless Maul (when you need a Sexy Sith to take on Jedi)
2.) FX-7 (Like LBC said, great detail)
3.) Amanaman (becaise we need more figures based on muppets who come with Skeletons)
4.) Boshek (Naboo Fighter needed a REAL pilot to take on the D*)
5.) Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan in Jedi Training Gear (the only clue we have the Jedi actually wash and change their clothes...)

jjreason
03-22-2004, 11:00 AM
This line was amazing, so many figures to mention.....

FX7
Imperial Officer
Rebel Tantive IV Defender
Lando
Tatooine Stormtrooper
Biker Scout (both variations)
Obi Wan - OT, Tan inner robe only
R4-M9
The shiny black R2 Unit
BoShek
The white Hoth Protocol Droid with range finders

On and on and on. So many of these I still have proudly on display.

Kidhuman
03-22-2004, 01:18 PM
This whole line was pretty amazing. It was al well done. IG-88 was nice, but I dont have him. :( Little help on him please.......:beard:

Ric Olie
03-22-2004, 01:37 PM
My favorite is the Coruscant Senate Guard.

I also like Jek Porkins, Mas Amedda, Fode and Beed, Gungan Soldier, Theed Invasion Amidala.

The POTJ line is probably the most color and eye catching of the last several years.

darthdeogg
03-23-2004, 02:26 AM
Dagobah Darth-The translucent look was cool, and that removable mask piece!! Awesome stuff!

Dejarik Chewie-Am I the only one that has Slave Leia on top of the table? LOL

Lightsaber R2D2-A popular classic redone for the new line. I was very pleased with how it came out.

Card Dreamer
03-23-2004, 11:28 PM
Emperor's Warth Vader deserves a mention here as well....

And the sneak peak Clone Troopers...the only versions there were NOT hard to find...

Darth Mina
03-24-2004, 01:55 PM
The Imperial figures in this line are some of the best I've seen, but the best figure by far is BF 300. I don't think any figure can top that one Well.....
maybe the SA Trooper

JediTricks
03-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Lightsaber R2D2-A popular classic redone for the new line. I was very pleased with how it came out.What POTJ figure are you talking about? The only R2-D2 in POTJ that I know of was the "Naboo Escape" figure.

Darth Mina
03-26-2004, 02:39 AM
What POTJ figure are you talking about? The only R2-D2 in POTJ that I know of was the "Naboo Escape" figure.
I believe he is refering to the Flash back R2 that comes with the gree light saber

Card Dreamer
03-26-2004, 11:20 PM
I believe he is refering to the Flash back R2 that comes with the gree light saber
Ah, then he's on the wrong topic =P That was PotF, not PotJ :)

Kidhuman
03-26-2004, 11:22 PM
No Card, some POTJ has Flashback photos

Early April fools. :beard: :) :p

Card Dreamer
03-26-2004, 11:26 PM
do you need that LONG entry box? ;P

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, it's been so long...still, I don't recall a saber launching R2 in the PotJ line....

vadersvette
03-29-2004, 07:50 PM
My favorites are:

X-Wing Luke
Sandtrooper (never found it though)
Queen - Theed Invasion (never found her either)
Bespin Han (him either!)
R4-M9
BoShek
Security Battle Droid
Lando-(needed more articulation though)
Darth Vader Dagobah
Bespin Guard

B'Omarr Monkey
03-31-2004, 12:02 AM
This was also my favorite line in terms of quality and variety--and availability. I only had a hard time finding a few of these.

I liked almost all of them but standouts include:

EU Obi-Wan (both)
EU Qui-Gon
Sabé
Amanaman
Luke Bacta tank
R4- M9 who had been on my want list for years prior
BoShek
Ellors Madak
Amidala - Theed Invasion
Lando
Porkins
Ben Kenobi
R2-Q5
Gungan Warrior
Mon Calamari Officer
Battle Droid w/Boomer damage
Shmi Skywalker mainly because I thought she'd vanish into the unmade file after her delayed release.

I think the Saga line would compete with the POTJ line in terms of variety if we weren't recently saddled with so many resculpts and rereleases. I was excited to see Orn Free Taa and Djas Puhr included in the initial run and characters like R1-G4, Jabba's Palace denizens Dutch Vander and Captain Antilles further the comparison. But, the Saga line has been extremely difficult to find since the initial waves came out and that will keep it from winning against the POTJ line for me.

Card Dreamer
03-31-2004, 05:42 PM
BM, I have to agree with you. I think PotJ is better than Saga. I had almost NO problem finding ANY of the figures in that series. That, coupled with the fact that I found 9/10ths of them at the SAME wal-mart is what really surprised me.

Kidhuman
03-31-2004, 05:56 PM
I dont have a complete set of POTJ because I moved in the middle of the l;ine fromNYC toVa. I actually couldnt buy any at the time because all my money went to moving. I still need to fill in some gaps on it.

vadersvette
03-31-2004, 09:38 PM
I too found most of the figures. At the beginning, however, shipping was very poor in my area (NE Ohio) and figures didn't start pouring in for several weeks. Also, it was bad here for the end of the line (Sandtrooper, R2-Q5, Queen Amidala, etc.) but my Toysrus had (and still has :D ) a ton of the Zutton wave.

B'Omarr Monkey
03-31-2004, 10:28 PM
I dont have a complete set of POTJ because I moved in the middle of the l;ine fromNYC toVa. I actually couldnt buy any at the time because all my money went to moving. I still need to fill in some gaps on it.

I'm right there with you KH. I moved from Los Angeles to Eastern MA right after the Porkins wave came out. At the time a new Target had just opened up and it was pretty much undiscovered since another Target was about 3 miles away, and I was finding everything. I had three big bags of SW toys in the front seat of my car with me when I moved and stopped at a few more places along the way. When I got here I couldn't find the Scouttrooper wave and got those piecemeal as I went later on, finding them in weird places like CVS Pharmacy.

I'm about to move again, and am going to come out the other side with less spending money this time. Of course, the way the Saga figures have been appearing, I probably won't be passing anything up anyway as it won't be on the pegs to start with. :D

gambitguru
04-10-2004, 05:29 PM
my favorite potj fig has to the sandtrooper.lol lol lol lol