PDA

View Full Version : NEW figures on eBay...sorta cheap.

DarthChuckMc
07-07-2003, 08:26 AM
www.ebay.com (http://www.ebay.com)

Mandalorian Candidat
07-07-2003, 11:47 AM
Some are cheaper than retail, but when you have to dump in $6 per it gets expensive...and ridiculous.

I'm convinced most ebay sellers jack up the shipping just to squeeze a few $ out of the buyer.

JangoFart
07-07-2003, 12:06 PM
That guy's a good seller and sells quality stuff. I've bought from him many times in the past and will continue to do so.

And, almost all sellers will not charge you $6.00 per figure for shipping when you buy more than one. Buy 5, for instance, and pay $8 to $10 for shipping - not $30.00.

The problem with the auctions he has now is that almost all are pre-sells.

J

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-07-2003, 08:03 PM
I still prefer online stores other than e-Bay. Besides, I found the Snowtrooper and rerelease Jango today at Super Target, so new stuff is coming in. :)

seth_quinn
07-08-2003, 08:30 AM
some of those prices aren't bad at all. I can get with the pre-sell thing with e-tailors but there's just something wrong about it on ebay. it kills me to see people buying stuff for 5 & 6x retail just to have it a month or two early, do you really need it that bad? imo there's paying a little extra for convenience sake and then there's just spending your money foolishly. I always buy several from one seller to save on shipping, it just isn't worth it otherwise. I also always compare the postage on the box with what I was quoted, especially with this new trend of "handling fees", if I get gouged, I never buy from that seller again. when I first discovered this site and all the things I'd missed because they never came to Canada, I became ebay-boy extrordinaire. I've since adopted a nice balance of ebay, e-tail and I've got a board member here that's been nothing sort of a god at hooking me up with all the newest stuff (thanks again).