PDA

View Full Version : Luke Skywalker: Throne Room Duel

JEDIpartner
07-07-2003, 08:39 AM
Found this one at a local Target last week along with Darth Vader: Throne Room Duel and the Snowtrooper.

I must say that I wasn't overly impressed by this figure and I am really happy that Hasblah is doing away with the silly action features. The biggest problem is that the figure is a single posed mess. The face is absolutely cringeworthy... even the figure thinks so! Luke's got his teeth bared in a way that makes the X-Wing pilot Luke look even less "Bucky Beaver"-esque than previously thought.

The clothing has no defining detail and looks more like a figure from the Batman figure line. Luke's arms are permanently posed above his head and will really only lower when the button is pressed. Ahhh... that button! It sticks out terribly. I think it's even worse than the one on Padme: Coruscant Ambush.

When you push the button to make Luke wail on Vader... the blade goes sailing out of the hilt on the first go. I don't know if this is something that will happen with each one but it does that on mine. A little rubber cement fixed that.

Finally, there's the issue of the wrong hand being painted.

The base Luke comes with is fine but not enough to make up for this horrible figure. Let's hope the Luke: Jedi Knight figure slated for release in 2004 will more than make up for this moulded atrocity.

Grade C-

JediTricks
07-07-2003, 11:15 PM
How does the saber hilt look?

JEDIpartner
07-08-2003, 07:46 AM
The saber hilt, being metal, has some grooves and ridges in it but it is not remarkable. It doesn't look much like Luke's saber in ROTJ. There is no paint application on it either. It is just a metal hilt much in the way the hilts are for Barriss Offee and Ayala Secura.

I'll see if I can get a pic of it...

JEDIpartner
07-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Here you go...

JediTricks
07-09-2003, 05:52 AM
Thanks JP. Yeesh, what a waste. I am beginning to think the 4" figures will never see a good Luke ROTJ saber hilt!

JEDIpartner
07-09-2003, 09:13 AM
No probs, man... like I said "not remarkable". :rolleyes:

JediTricks
07-09-2003, 08:29 PM
Oh, it's remarkable... remarkably bad! :D

JEDIpartner
07-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Well, sure... there's always THAT! :p