PDA

View Full Version : Which kind of Screen Scene would you want to see next?

Tycho
07-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Well, the Jedi Council and Geonosian War Room sets look perfect! I'm really excited to get these.

I threw out a lot of choices of which all of them I'd want to see happen. However, I'm voting for the Hoth set, because I'd like to see General Riekeen, Torryn Farr, and Major Derlin, and this would be the most intelligent way to release them. It's one of the last ways The Empire Strikes Back can have a screen scene with all new figures, too - the bounty hunters have been offered a lot of ways, and some dudes I want, like General Veers, could be made cool enough to sell carded anyway. Sure Riekeen could also sell on a card, but this way we get some of his more obscure command crew. "So hey Sammy, what do you think about that?"

What are you guys MOST hoping for next from the screen scene department?

JEDIpartner
07-07-2003, 07:01 PM
I think these had been previously stated in the Collecting Forums:

- Owen, Beru and Cliegg at the burial site
- Luke, Leia, Threepio and Artoo on the medical frigate
- Kitster, Wald and the other kids in front of the slave quarters
- The rest of the Jedi Council
- Bail Organa, Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee in Palpatine's office

Battle Droid
07-07-2003, 07:04 PM
Other.

Daultay Dofine, Pilot Battle Droid, and Tey How. (On Droid Control Ship Bridge. The "Activate the Droids" Scene.)

Tycho
07-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Darn! Those are good, too!

I want everything you guys listed and am wondering whether I should quickly revamp the poll?

I discovered that the other Niemodian, Senator Tiikes (rep to Mon Calamari, a Quarren-Squidhead), and Tonbuck Toora (Commerce Guild) could also be put into a final Geonosian Separatist pack.

By Imperial Officer 3-pack, I had Veers, Ozzel, Piett in mind, too.

But it's important for Veers to have Hoth accessories, too.

Dang there's so many good choices! I think Screen Scenes are the way for us to get our most wanted figures in the future.

UPDATE: I can no longer edit a poll once it's started. I was going to add Trade Federation, Jedi Council Resculpts, the Lars Family, & more as poll choices. But it's too late. Geeze I hope I never mis-spell something in a poll choice, like "Sith" for example. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
07-07-2003, 07:26 PM
OK Tycho, if we're going to have some old man figures I'm voting for the Imperial Officers. All we've ever gotten are Tarkin, Piett, and the extremely rare Motti (OK, Veers if you count that generic AT-AT Commander as him). They don't seem to be as old as their Rebel counterparts and they have way cooler uniforms.

Tycho
07-07-2003, 07:44 PM
JediPartnr: For Palpatine's office, since Bail Organa is going to be carded anyway, (end of this year!), why not:

Bariss
Luminara
KIT FISTO

We need normal non-action posed, cloaked figures of these characters anyway. I'm scared that the Clone Wars Kit will be another action pose thing.

Mandalorian Candidate: If we're going to get real obscure with the Old Men figures, or at least those desired at that rate, why not Queen Jamilla, a handmaiden, and Older Sio Bibble? The ultimate Old Man figure from Star Wars, right there!

(not really a SPOILER: in Episode 3 he'll have hearing aides and Depens! "It's excremental! After 13 years I can't get out of this chair and I'm still fighting Nute Gunray! Our planet's trade has been constipated by the Trade Federation! We need a Gerber-Jedi's formula for victory that's easier to digest! This war has taken my teeth out! We must force a colostomy upon the Separatists! That will measure their blodopressure for continuing this war!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Boss Nass will be beside him on a rocking chair smoking a hooka! Now there's a screen scene!

Devo
07-07-2003, 07:47 PM
Lovely list but speaking for myself I wouldn't be optimistic about many of those being made. The Cloud city inhabitants one for example I'm sure we'd all buy but Hasbro insists on catering for the kiddies and so, even if it did get produced one of the three-figure allotment would be wasted on another Lando Calrissian or Han Solo when really collectors and diorama builders are hoping for background persons and aliens with non-speaking roles in the film. Unless they came out with 3 or 4 such sets and accepting Hasbros propensity for rehashes we'd need more than one cloud city set to have a beefed out set of characters. Having said that, a mere 2 new background characters is better than none but I couldn't help feeling let down if thats all we got.

Devo
07-07-2003, 07:55 PM
Oh and if I may add something to the list- Yavin Rebel Base war-room...not unfeasible, one can hope. Yavin Base starfighter maintenance guys....ummm...ROTJ Calamari cruiser landing bay characters....ROTJ Rebel briefing room.

So many possibilities, small likelihood. No doubt Hasbro will abruptly abandon Screen scenes inexplicably without capitalising on all this potential. Sorry for being cynical and downbeat but lets face it ey?

Tycho
07-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the Ice Cream Maker Guy, a Black Bespin Security Guard, and maybe the Snivvian I added an image of as a substitute for the vintage "Blue Snaggletoothe" that's never probably going to be redone.

Or you can add a stormtrooper shooting at these characters for a "Bespin Escape" scene. Yeah, I had no intentions of seeing more: Han, Lando, Leia, Chewie, Darth Vader, Luke, or Boba Fett - or R2 and 3PO.

If you want that, vote in the main characters poll, unless you're thinking the cool scene from the end of ESB! I'm all for that.

Devo
07-07-2003, 09:00 PM
Yeah I'd accept another stormtrooper or any army building figure, you can't have enough of those really. So I wouldn't be upset if a storrntrooper was one of three figures in a screen scene set, but if they try to force another Darth Vader or Luke Tatooine down my throat then I'll have to initiate a stern conversation with Hasbro in my head..I don't want to do that.

DarthChuckMc
07-07-2003, 09:23 PM
I voted Cantina Aliens. Since they seem to be doing these in twos, we could finish some of the unmade aliens.

The first one could be: Dannik Jerriko (smoking man), Hrchek Kal Fas (Bossk type alien), Hem Dazon ("T" head)

The second set: Elis Herlot (ghost face), Feltipern Trevagg (gotal) and M'iiyoom Onith (hummingbird type)

Here's a link to a site that shows all the aliens scene by scene.

http://index.echostation.com/trilogy/cantina1.htm

and Star Wars.com has good shots of the masks.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/feature/20030502/indexp2.html

There's still a ton of aliens for them to make after those 6.

Defel (wolfman red eyes)
Bom Vimdim the Advozsec
Brainiac (brain head)
Trinto Duaba (white face with hood)
Myo (cyclops)
Lirin C'arn (Bith)
Leesub Sirln (bald weird girl waitress)
Tonnika Sisters (duh)
Rycar Ryjerd (Flash Gordon midget)
Sai'torr Kal Fas (Bossk type #2)
Danz Borin (grey flight suit and helmet with square yellow visor)
Yerka Mig (boring human with blonde hair)
Mosep (red jumpsuit, seal/otter type face)
Swilla Corey (blonde girl)
Solomahol (fat bat face alien)
Dice Ibegon (snake thing with Lak Sivrak)
Merc Sunlet (another boring human)
Garouf Lafoe (still another boring human)
Nimbanel (red jumpsuit, yellow ponytail on top of his head)

The ghost face alien called Elis Herlot is in the WEG books & CCG cards
a listed on Starwars.com as being in the cantina, but he's not shown in the sceen shots.

JediTricks
07-07-2003, 11:45 PM
I said Cantina as well, but really, the Screen Scene concept doesn't fire my imagination too well to come up with anything that'd work for me. 2 figs & some backdrop stuff for $15, right? And you need 2 sets to complete the scene, yes?

Tycho
07-08-2003, 12:55 AM
Screen scenes are 3 figures, now, aren't they? I thought that's what the Geonosian War Room and Jedi Council sets were classified as: Screen Scnees. Are they not?

If you want to be technical, the dianoga counted as the 3rd figure in the death Star sets.

Jedibill
07-08-2003, 01:10 AM
I would like to see a deluxe Screen Scene and that would be from Starwars a new hope when all the imperial officers are sitting at the table talking about the rebel and the empire you know when vader chokes that guy with the force I think that would be cool. might cost a little more but would be cool.

Mar10Sir
07-08-2003, 01:38 AM
Well... it's kind of a hard choice but if we got aliens to choose from give us Dannik Jerriko and the Tonnika sisters.

More ewoks wouldn't huer, nor would rebel officers (like Capt. Antilles or others on the Yavin base or those on Echo Station or even on board the Mon Calamari cruiser).

I guess the Rebel briefing room would be a nice excuse for a General Madine figure along with... hmm... Mon Mothma and Ackbar have already been produced, so that leaves us with... umm... I dunno'... a few rebel pilots? :confused:

Mar10Sir
07-08-2003, 01:40 AM
huer=hurt

Sorry... typing in low light. :rolleyes:

vadersvette
07-08-2003, 02:19 AM
I couldn't decide between the rebel officers or the imperials, so I just picked the imperials. Even though I did vote for Riekeen for the Fans' Choice. I would like to see Veers and Captain Needa and some of the other officers. I also liked many of the other ideas from everyone else. But, I don't want another cantina set. There's been too many, and most of the characters have been made already. There's already 3 Greedos. But, I would like to see some Hoth or ROTJ Scenes (Meeting room, Death Star 2 (not the Throne, but maybe the big meeting room from the begining), or Endor.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-08-2003, 04:08 AM
I chose Hoth Rebel Commanders.

1. we need them
2. we need them and
3. we need more of a selection of hoth characters anyway

:)

nellas
07-08-2003, 08:41 AM
A cinema scene based on the original poster of Star Wars w/ Luke and Leia and R2 & 3PO with a Vader's helmet background

- The classic buddy pose with R2 & C-3PO

Other ideas:
- TPM - Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan at the bridge door of the Federation Starship
- ATOC - Tusken village - Anakin & couple of Raider (one could be headless)
- ATOC - Lars Funeral Group shot
- ATOC - Dooku w/ Obi-Wan prisoner
- ATOC - Secret Wedding ceremony w/ Anakin, Padme, & Minister
- ANH - Vader (w/ hands on belt) & two flanking Stormtroopers w/ rifles
- ANH - Tarkin, & other senior imperials at the Round Table (we already would have Vader and a Choking Admiral Motti)
- ANH - Han, Chewie, Luke & Ben at the Cantina
- ANH - Tarkin, Vader, and Leia as they watch Alderann being destroyed
- ESB - Bespin Torture Chamber with Han, Vader and technician
- ESB - Dagobah w/ Yoda, R2, and a sitting Luke (1 leg up after training)
- ROJ - Jabba, Slave Leia (sitting), Salcious Crumb, (& possibly Bib Fortuna & C-3PO too) all posed around Jabba's Throne [This would have to be a "Deluxe" cinema pack and in scale with the previous released Throne Room]
- ROJ - Imperial Dignitaries
- ROJ - C-3PO (in chair) w/ Ewoks
- ROJ - Funeral Pire w/ Luke & Vader's Body

In general any scene that has been captured in a photograph still shot seems like a worthy challenge. Hasbro attempted this with the 25th Anniversary two-packs but has never really been able to accurately capture the essence of the still image.

Just my $.02

Scott

rdrunr89
07-08-2003, 10:05 AM
Had a few good choices on that. I actually voted for the senators but not before switching through the Imperial Officers, Hoth Soldiers and the Cloud City. I'd prefer all four, but I'm greedy. I still believe they need to make the rest of the Jedi Council so it would fit in a circle, but oh well.

How about some new playsets like the Palpatines office or the Senate itself then sell the Senators and their senate "cars" seperately to hook in. I'd buy it.

zeroplate
07-08-2003, 10:29 AM
Well, since none of these are likely to ever be made, I cast my vote for the podracers. Those are still some interesting designs that have never made it to plastic. If I had a choice, I'd rather see some of the bar denizens from Episode II like the death sticks guy or the 'hooker aliens'. There's a whole room full of weirdos in that scene that no one seems to be remembering.

As for Hasbro "inexplicably" abandoning the screen scene line, and failing to "capitalize" on these ideas, tell that to the 4+ year old cinema scene 3 packs that are still languishing at discount retailers. Ever wonder why you never saw that mynock hunt cinema scene? Probably because there are 200,000 of them sitting in a warehouse in Mexico.

Darth Jax
07-08-2003, 03:21 PM
i voted for senators, but i'd want them released with their senate car. could do several of the different species of senators. then have one of palpy and aides. what would be better would be a tales of .... style book from the nightclub on coruscant followed by the individual release of those figures.

Jargo
07-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Screw being picky hasbroken should just make them all. Every last goldarned one of them! Not simply these choices her but all the stuiff we've blathered on about for yearsa while they waste valuable resourc3es and money churning out the same old same old core chartacters time and time again. Hells bells and buckets of blood it's been 26 years since star wars hit the silver screen and we still don't have the cool cantina aliens yet!!!!! What they hell are they playing at over at hasbroken. Anyone would think they had to give birth to the plastic or something. :mad:

Rogue74
07-08-2003, 04:41 PM
I voted other, but will buy anything cool... :D

What I think would be neat would be a too part screen scene of the Jedi charging in the Geonosian arena with Kit Fisto at the head. Have two different scenes each with three or four Jedi figures which would connect. One would pop onto the first to form a group of Jedi.

Another neat one would be Yoda with a Clone Commander and a couple Clonetroopers in part of that command vehicle.

InsaneJediGirl
07-08-2003, 04:45 PM
I would like to see all,although I voted for Jabbas Palace Thugs.I'd like to see a Hermi,Bobo(?),and why not throw in a Monk?Not everyone could get the exclusive.More Cantina Aliens and a AOTC Funeral Scene would be great as well.

OC47150
07-08-2003, 05:02 PM
The purist in me would like to see OT scenes done: cantina, various rebels and Imps (the combinations here alone are endless!), Jabba's palace, Cloud City, Tatoonie. Then newer trilogy scenes: Jedi Council, Senate, etc...

Maximillian Phokas
07-08-2003, 05:27 PM
All of them sounded great (provided we actualy get to see them in stores - see previous post/complaint about lack of distribution). In the end however, I voted for Imperial Officers. Veers could be either here or Hoth, and we already have Admiral Piett. But how about the Death Star Conference Room scene? General Tagge, Col. Wulf Yularen, and Admiral Motti? Or we could have Tagge, Captain Needa, and Commander Jerjerrod - one officer from each of the three movies?

A Hoth set would also be great, especially/finally a Riekeen figure, as well as Veers. I personally would have selected any of the classic trilogy one, and I hope that this takes off into something good -- again, provided the distribution is not half-baked.

Devo, I'm right there with you on wanting diorama "building" figures, as opposed to a "wasted" slot for an already made main character.

Bacta Beast
07-08-2003, 07:44 PM
I want an all of the above choice! I hater to see one that are necessary not make it to production just because they're not as cool as others, (Ewoks). Heck, I'll be happy if I can just find these four! I still haven't found the Kamino Deluxe sets, or the speeders!!!!

Battle Droid
07-08-2003, 08:12 PM
For Hasbro's next Fan Choice Poll, they should do it for Screen Scenes.

TheDarthVader
07-08-2003, 11:50 PM
I understand Jargo's frustration. I too voted for the cantina aliens. It just isn't fair...we'll never get all of our beloved aliens. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that in. Hem Dazon is LONG overdue, along with five or six other important cantina aliens. Heck, he's the first alien in the cantina that we see, yet no figure!!! :confused:

Bob_Sacamano
07-09-2003, 02:07 AM
How about a scene of Padme's family?

-Bob

JediTricks
07-09-2003, 05:04 AM
Screen scenes are 3 figures, now, aren't they? I thought that's what the Geonosian War Room and Jedi Council sets were classified as: Screen Scnees. Are they not?

If you want to be technical, the dianoga counted as the 3rd figure in the death Star sets.That would be the 2.5th figure, since each set comes with half the fig.

As for Geo War & Jedi Council, you are right, there are 3 figs per set.

There are a lot of ideas out there, but no feasible ones are coming to me right now as my top choice. I'd definitely rather see OT stuff get done over PT stuff though, mainly because OT product appears to be getting dimmer and dimmer in Hasbro's eyes and I'd like to see them get out great stuff like Tonnika sisters and whatnot before the prequels end and the line halts a la POTF1. But I don't like to see junk like the 3 dead guys screwed to a wooden base a la Jedi Spirits or Screen Scenes just to fill space like Mynock Hunt (gee whiz, thanks for 3 figures I already have) or ridiculously under-quality stuff like Evizan, Uncle Owen, or that sorry material that went into making Nabrun Lieds.

tkdmatthew
07-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Hey guys i've never posted or anything before but i really wanted to chime in on this thing. i voted for the senators cause we ALL know hasbros cheapness and recycling old molds for everything. so why not vote for for one that we would im sure all love, the senators, and each scene be a senate pod. maybe a slight bit bigger than the regular scenes, and moveable pod. then they could make hundreds of them as the years go by, all connecting, maybe eventually forming a huge senate playset? and have extra pieces like elevator sets with maybe senatet guards, a central podium thingy, (u know what im talking about) with chancelor and advisors. Possibly a great way to get them to make some ET figures.

DarthAngel
07-09-2003, 03:51 PM
These are all great ideas, and I can't wait to get teh war room and the jedi council. However I was thinking what about a screen scene from the Jawa Sand crawler? I would like to see a new R5-D4, and definately a better "gonk" droid than the one that came with the commtech jawa. I would also have to agree with the Owen/beru/clieg burial scene. I had one other idea, but of course I can't think of it now, but once I remember what it was, I won't be anywhere near a computer. Well thats my opinion take it for what you will.

Give in to your anger with each passing moment you make yourself more my servant. ~ Emporer Palpatine

Darth Ravenger
07-10-2003, 12:42 PM
I've got some ideas for new and original scenes.

1.I want a scene pack for the Uncle Owen and jawa purchase of the droids and a different new one. I want one with all of the droids that are there when he gets r2. Im talking about the huge vaccuum droid and the one with like 6 arms and all the others.
2.The Imperial conference room with officers.
3.Bespin crowd
4.Mos Eisley background inhabitants
5.Podrace crowd(new one)
6.Mos Espa background characters
7.Hoth rebel officers that were mentioned
8.All of the Imperial dignitaries
9.ewoks
10.Cantina unmade extras
11.Jabbas palace extras
12.Jabbas dungeon characters
13.rest of Max rebo band with spider armed drummer and the rest
14.rebel briefing in ANH with rebel pilots
15.rest of the geonosian warroom characters

stillakid
07-10-2003, 03:31 PM
I said Jabba's Palace Thugs, but really just about any new figures are welcome. :)

BoShek
07-10-2003, 11:30 PM
"Ice Cream Maker Guy, a Black Bespin Security Guard, and maybe the Snivvian"

That's good and why I voted!

JediTricks
07-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Ravenger's idea about another Purchase of the Droids scene would be pretty cool, could allow for a new R5-D4 and an R1 droid and some of those other droids if it were 2 sets. No Luke figure, just Owen, a Jawa, and 5 droids that aren't R2-D2 and 3PO. That's what I'd vote for if it were up there.

Devo
07-11-2003, 09:14 PM
"As for Hasbro "inexplicably" abandoning the screen scene line, and failing to "capitalize" on these ideas, tell that to the 4+ year old cinema scene 3 packs that are still languishing at discount retailers. Ever wonder why you never saw that mynock hunt cinema scene? Probably because there are 200,000 of them sitting in a warehouse in Mexico."

Well I assume the above referred to one of my posts on page 1. Fair enough then. In the US I suppose the tale is very different to where I live, Ireland that is. Over here though, everything sells, with exception of the 300 or so Anakin Mos Espas and the rest of the early wave figures timed for the two prequels that every bloody store bought in massive over-abundance. But an item like the Mynock Hunt cinema scene would have sold here and presumably did if we ever received any on this crappy island - course I'll never know, I missed it. So they're certainly not doing any languishing on store shelves in Ireland. Presumably though any decision Hasbro made on the cinema scene 3 packs was not based on the Irish market. If what you say is true then its not 'inexplicable' why they abandoned it, but nevertheless annoying.

I've seen all good ideas here. Pity most of them won't happen.