PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon Network is really making me mad!!!!!

scruffziller
07-08-2003, 10:13 AM
I start watching a series and am watching it through the long haul.
And just when the series is about to end and which the final major battle is about to happen, they turn the show off or start showing other eps you have seen already but just on Saturdays.:mad:

Kidhuman
07-08-2003, 10:31 AM
They did that with Robotech a few years back. I watched the complete Macross and Masters. They got into the Next Generation and never, showed the last 3 episodes. They put Macross back on. I was so peeved. Those dirtbags.

scruffziller
07-08-2003, 10:46 AM
The main problem I have had with that is with the shows Rurouni Kenshin and Dragonball. Except with DB it was the second time around. And those eps are not even available on tape or DVD.:mad: The eps with Tien at the tournament.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-08-2003, 03:18 PM
What bugs me about CN is that they keep switching around the lineup for weekend Adult Swim. I can never keep track when AquaTeen Hunger Force comes on.

JediTricks
07-09-2003, 05:27 AM
I can't stand how they've already started rerunning the season 3 eps of Family Guy (that's where they started for some reason) when they never aired season 2 eps. I also can't stand how they keep juggling the schedule for shows like Justice League, Transformers:Armada, and MOTU. Oh, and I'm sick of Sunday Adult Swim eps rerunning less than a month after premiering, that is so frickin' annoying!

However, I do like the new Adult Swim bumpers, though they need to keep them fresh, no more than 1 bumper rerun ever IMO.

AT-AT Man
07-09-2003, 08:29 PM
I to am mad, cause adult swim, just seemed to stop showing one if my new favorite shows, InuYasha. It seemed to be right in the middle of the season, and they stopped showing it, and started showing some other *** new show. I was ******. just glad they're still showing Family Guy, Futurama, and Lupin the 3rd.

Anyone know if they will start showing InuYasha again. Thanks if anyone knows.

scruffziller
07-10-2003, 11:44 AM
It almost makes you wonder if they are teasing you so that you are forced to go out and buy the DVDs or videos. It seems a little too convienient. You pay for cable, you still have to see commercials, and then seeing a sample of the shows.:dead::frus: They just keep trying to squeeze more cash outa of us.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-11-2003, 12:05 AM
I was pretty upset with Rurouni Kenshin being removed from Cartoon Network's Toonami. I preferred RK over Yu Yu Hakusho. YYH seems, IMO, like DBZ (running too many episodes before something really happens). But at least Cartoon Network put Courage the Cowardly Dog back to the 8:30 slot. That made me happy.

scruffziller
07-17-2003, 10:07 AM
Not so bad now. Rurouni Kenshin on Saturday's is continuing where it left off.

hamsterboy
07-17-2003, 03:36 PM
At least they got rid of Rein. Did anybody even watch that stupid thing? Did like it the other night on Adult Swim when they said they wanted the ability to "forget" one thing they've done in the past they regret. They'd like to forget "Mike,Lu,and Og" or "Sheep in the Big City."

Hellboy
07-19-2003, 03:30 PM
I hardly watch anything on The Cartoon Network anymore for the reasons all of you have mentioned. For the most part I'll set my Replay TV to record a show I might find interesting check it out and then rent the DVD's if they're out from NetFlix if I like the show. I drives me crazy and I don't understand why they feel the need to edit the mature themed cartoons when they're a part of their Adult Swim block. Unfortunatly certain shows are not released on DVD like scruffziller mentioned so I'm forced to try and catch them on T.V. but for the most part the DVD thing works for me pretty well. :)

hamsterboy
07-19-2003, 04:56 PM
I can't believe this! They've been showing the same episodes of Futurama the last two weeks. :mad:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-19-2003, 09:44 PM
I can't believe this! They've been showing the same episodes of Futurama the last two weeks. :mad:
You noticed that too, huh?

JediTricks
07-20-2003, 09:38 PM
I also noticed this even though I haven't been watching every ep (1 full turn around the series was enough for me for now). Perhaps they did this to "reboot" their messed-up schedule so other shows would line up with it in terms of first ep/last ep.

Adam
07-21-2003, 05:52 PM
Inuyasha is coming back in August or Sept, with new episodes.

I wasn't happy when they took off Trigun for a few weeks, but its back thank god.

JediTricks
07-22-2003, 12:34 AM
They're kicking Futurama to the curb at the end of this week. :cry: Luckily, it and Family Guy are also being played on TBS or TNT in the afternoon if I need a fix.

AT-AT Man
08-03-2003, 01:13 AM
yeah i noticed Futurama is done on Adult Swim. that makes me mad. but i guess i'll catch it in the afternoon.

JediTricks
08-03-2003, 08:48 PM
yeah i noticed Futurama is done on Adult Swim. that makes me mad. but i guess i'll catch it in the afternoon.
It seems to have disappeared from the TBS run as well. I have heard that Cartoon Network is planning to bring the reruns back when the 4th season eps hit syndication.

plasticfetish
08-04-2003, 04:30 AM
"There's always Zoidberg."
... or maybe not.

Futurama leaving that time slot has really p'd off my household. I figured it was too good to be true ... we could finally catch up on episodes we'd missed. (I think my wife's even more annoyed.) It's cool though <sarcasm> as long as they keep playing those 4 hour stretches of Scooby Do, I suppose everything's fine.

scruffziller
09-12-2003, 01:15 PM
GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dar garnit!!!!!!!!!:mad::frus:

They changed the time on me for Rurouni Kenshin and my RePlay missed it!!!!!
Is there no end!!!!!!!!:cry:

dirtybones
09-12-2003, 09:44 PM
Has the final episode of Samuri Jack ever been shown? I have missed a few but I don't think the last one has ever been was ever aired. I know alot of people hate the art work and story lines, I myself love the cartoon.

Hellboy
09-13-2003, 01:35 PM
I too was wondering about the status of the Samurai Jack cartoon? Its like it goes for a few weeks and then stops plus the episodes #'s have gone away from the roman numeral system at around episode XXXIII so its been tougher to follow.

Like sruffziller I've got a RePlay TV set to record my shows at a specific time and I usually miss an episode before I know it's time slot has been moved. :mad: I ended up missing most of the new episodes of Justice League because I wasn't aware they had new ones playing and now they stopped playing the newer episodes and the old ones are back. It's frustrating that they switch up the time slots in the middle of a series run. I can understand if the current season or a new run of episodes were complete and they returned to showing repeats that they might move the show but at any other time its only going to make you loose more of your regular audience. It doesn't make any sense. :confused:

scruffziller
09-14-2003, 09:49 AM
Like sruffziller I've got a RePlay TV set to record my shows at a specific time and I usually miss an episode before I know it's time slot has been moved. :mad: I ended up missing most of the new episodes of Justice League because I wasn't aware they had new ones playing and now they stopped playing the newer episodes and the old ones are back. It's frustrating that they switch up the time slots in the middle of a series run. I can understand if the current season or a new run of episodes were complete and they returned to showing repeats that they might move the show but at any other time its only going to make you loose more of your regular audience. It doesn't make any sense. :confused:
How old is your model?? Mine is a PV-HS1000. I don't know how the newer ones work. But I would hope they would have improved upon some things. One if you want to have a theme-based recording to catch it if it did change but you can't set it 5 minutes before or after to compensate if the show will be off a few seconds or even a few minutes. Either way I don't want to miss any amount of time. Plus I really like the record 2 shows at once feature. That would also help(well not if you want a third show recorded) with the overlapping problem too. If a show is set to 5 minutes after the so-called cut off point but another show begins at that time you can't do both because you are extending it over into its schedule. Thus the theme-based recording dilema. But the main problem I have been having is the scheduler.
The RePlay works only as well as what data you get for the shows when they are on. If that junk changes at the last minute before it has a chance to update you are up a crick. Much like what happened to me with Enterprise this week.:frus:

JediTricks
09-14-2003, 08:20 PM
I also am totally honked at CN for the way they handled new Justice League eps, I missed every single one! What kind of move was that?!? Their schizophrenic schedule leaves so much to be desired that I almost can't watch the station at all anymore, and I strongly suggest to any cartoon producers that they avoid CN as their primary network at all costs if they want to build the all-important fan base. CN gives absolutely no warning whatsoever to these changes half the time.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-15-2003, 12:15 AM
I figured i'd post this in here:
Harry Goz, the man who voiced Captain Murphy on "Sealab 2021" passed away last week. With this and the creators saying that they're running out of ideas for the show, odds are, not many, if any at all, new episodes can be expected. :cry: RIP Captain "Hank"

Adam
09-15-2003, 01:21 AM
They played the Bebop cola episode tonight, a very Murphycentric episode. I'm really gonna miss hearing his voice. :(

I don't understand however how they're running out of idea for that show. They seem to do well with ATHF..

Hellboy
09-15-2003, 08:26 PM
How old is your model?? Mine is a PV-HS1000.

My unit is the Panasonis PV-HS2000. I bought it when they first came out after carefully comparing it to Sony's TiVo system. I found the RePlay to be much more suited to my style and it's completely changed the way I watch television. I also purchased and installed a new hard drive for it which now gives me 42.5 hrs. of recording time at high quality versus the 10 hrs. I had previously. The newer models work the same way for the most part but the units are now manufactured by Sonic-Blue instead of Panasonic so the look has changed somewhat. The prices on the new units are based on how many hrs. you feel you need but they are around $800 for a unit comparable to mine, so I recommend buying a new hard drive like I did for $200 if you feel you need more hrs. rather than upgading the whole machine. I never use the theme based recording option for the exact reasons you mentioned scruffziller but it never poses a problem unless the network shuffles their programing schedules and most don't do this. I don't understand why they didn't put the show extender option in the theme based recording area but they might upgrade the current version at some point. I don't know if you had your unit when they did the last upgrade but it was great to get all those new options without having to buy anything else. It just upgraded the older version during it's nightly dial-up routine. The record 2 shows at once was only offered on one unit and it was the DirectT.V. Ultimate T.V. unit that had dual tuners. So far no other machine to my knowledge has had this feature. I just bought a 2nd satellite box for my front room that isn't hooked up to the Replay so when I have 2 shows on at the same time I record one from the box hooked to the Replay and watch the other show live on the new sat. box. :D

JediTricks
09-15-2003, 11:01 PM
I figured i'd post this in here:
Harry Goz, the man who voiced Captain Murphy on "Sealab 2021" passed away last week. With this and the creators saying that they're running out of ideas for the show, odds are, not many, if any at all, new episodes can be expected. :cry: RIP Captain "Hank"
Wow, that's awful! I had no idea and I haven't been watching SL lately (or Adult Swim at all, really). Major bummer, he was great. "Nobody touch my 'stache!"

TheDarthVader
09-16-2003, 12:31 AM
I too am aggrivated that Futurama is not being shown on CN anymore! Oh well, most of the current past episodes were re-runs from like two weeks before!!! (see my avatar) GO BENDER. I catch the show on TBS now. I think that is the channel. :confused:

scruffziller
09-16-2003, 01:30 PM
My unit is the Panasonis PV-HS2000. I bought it when they first came out after carefully comparing it to Sony's TiVo system. I found the RePlay to be much more suited to my style and it's completely changed the way I watch television. I also purchased and installed a new hard drive for it which now gives me 42.5 hrs. of recording time at high quality versus the 10 hrs. I had previously. The newer models work the same way for the most part but the units are now manufactured by Sonic-Blue instead of Panasonic so the look has changed somewhat. The prices on the new units are based on how many hrs. you feel you need but they are around $800 for a unit comparable to mine, so I recommend buying a new hard drive like I did for $200 if you feel you need more hrs. rather than upgading the whole machine. I never use the theme based recording option for the exact reasons you mentioned scruffziller but it never poses a problem unless the network shuffles their programing schedules and most don't do this. I don't understand why they didn't put the show extender option in the theme based recording area but they might upgrade the current version at some point. I don't know if you had your unit when they did the last upgrade but it was great to get all those new options without having to buy anything else. It just upgraded the older version during it's nightly dial-up routine. The record 2 shows at once was only offered on one unit and it was the DirectT.V. Ultimate T.V. unit that had dual tuners. So far no other machine to my knowledge has had this feature. I just bought a 2nd satellite box for my front room that isn't hooked up to the Replay so when I have 2 shows on at the same time I record one from the box hooked to the Replay and watch the other show live on the new sat. box. :DI bought mine it was like real early 2001 thereabouts.
There is suppose to be a way to tweak them (with out getting a new hard drive) to extend the record time.

Adam
09-16-2003, 06:17 PM
I too am aggrivated that Futurama is not being shown on CN anymore! Oh well, most of the current past episodes were re-runs from like two weeks before!!! (see my avatar) GO BENDER. I catch the show on TBS now. I think that is the channel. :confused:

It is still on CN.. right after Family Guy.

TheDarthVader
09-19-2003, 09:59 PM
They're kicking Futurama to the curb at the end of this week. :cry: Luckily, it and Family Guy are also being played on TBS or TNT in the afternoon if I need a fix.

Yes, but looks like CN is getting rid of it according to JT.

JediTricks
09-19-2003, 10:53 PM
That was months ago, they ditched it for a month and then picked it back up when Home Movies didn't make the ratings cut (I believe).

InsaneJediGirl
09-30-2003, 11:19 AM
Why did Cartoon Network move Samuari Jack from the 10pm slot and stick in Yu-Gi-Oh.What ten year old is up at that hour when they have school the next day?Samuari Jack is now on I believe at 5:30,I assume because of the Clone Wars Cartoon.How many kids watch Jack over Yu-Gi-Oh though?Move it back CN:(

kool-aid killer
10-09-2003, 10:46 AM
You know what sucks is that i have to be at school at 8 every morning and all they seem to show is Dexters Laboratory. That cartoon is decent sometimes but would it really be too much of a hassle to show JLA, Armada, or any other good cartoon that could excite me in the morning? The only good cartoons i get to see are on the weekends.

RooJay
10-13-2003, 10:55 PM
What I hate is how they keep dumping the good stuff on the adult swim schedule (Sealab 2021, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Oblongs, Harvey Birdman, the Bral Show) in favor more and more anime crap. I wish they'd just start a seperate anime channel, and leave me the good cartoons. :rolleyes:

Bobajames
10-13-2003, 11:23 PM
they bumped Cowboy Bebop back in the time slots a while back and that sucked for me because i have to about four hours of sleep now if i want to see it and go to school.... that show is soooo great... space cowboys. Now that is what i like in a show - violence and cigarettes.
p.s. I LOVE SEALAB I WILL MISS CAPTAIN MURPHY!!!! :sad:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-07-2003, 06:59 PM
I'm glad Toonami is finally showing Dragonball GT. But I'm completely upset by how much they edited it from the Japanese version. :frus:

scruffziller
11-08-2003, 10:49 AM
I'm glad Toonami is finally showing Dragonball GT. But I'm completely upset by how much they edited it from the Japanese version. :frus:
If you buy the DVDs of them you can get subtitles of the literal Japanese translation and can have it played in Japanese, I think. Which ep of GT did they play? Was it the very first?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-08-2003, 11:30 AM
The episode Toonami showed was the first couple of episodes of the Japanese version, just butchered up. I only caught the second half of it, but took wind that they edited it in a flash. The scene with King Kai telling everybody about the Dragonballs quickly switches to the scene where Trunks and Goku prepare to go to space. The next scene shows Pan, Goku, and Trunks on an alien planet. They then encounter a robot that swallows the Dragon radar. We are also introduced to the villain. The episode ends with a bunch of other robots surrounding the 3 heroes.

If you've seen the Japanese version, that scene with King Kai marks the end of the first episode. The second Japanese episode reintroduces Trunks, Vegeta, Hercule, as well as the rest of the DBZ folks and ends with Trunks and Goku preparing to go to space. The 3rd episode ends in the small robot eating the Dragon radar and their spaceship being confescated. The villain isn't even introduced until later on in the season.

Long story short (literally :rolleyes: ), they butchered a majority of the series just to make the first episode. :mad:

JediTricks
11-09-2003, 04:34 AM
Ugh, stupid Mattel and Cartoon Network have monkeyed with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, turning it into "Masters of the Universe vs The Snakemen". The only good thing about today's premiere episode was that a bunch of Skeletor's henchmen and Zodak's brother were killed semi-on-screen.

RooJay
11-10-2003, 07:25 PM

Ironically, I actually wish they had edited more of it - like the entire series. That way there'd be more space on Cartoon Network's schedule for more good american cartoons. ;)

Seriously, though, I didn't even know the new season of He-Man had premiered. :confused: The only thing worse than Cartoon Network's scheduling, is their promotion. Shows like He-Man, Justice League, Teen Titans, and Samurai Jack might get even better ratings if you could count on them airing in the same time slot for more than a month at a time. :rolleyes: :frus: :stupid:

Hellboy
11-11-2003, 06:58 PM
Man trying to catch these new episodes of Justice League is driving me mad. :crazed: Has anyone noticed how they're showing only one part of a 2 part story arc at a time and it's normally the second part first. At least lately on Saturday's they've been having 1 hour blocks with both parts but as far as the rest of the week goes there seems to be no logical pattern. If you show the first part of a 2 part story arc wouldn't it make sense to air part 2 the next day if it's a daily show? If it wasn't for the fact that I have a hard disk recorder and can store these shows for viewing later I think I would've given up by now. :frus:

JediTricks
11-11-2003, 08:20 PM
I refuse to watch JL during the week anymore, even though it means I'm missing some new eps that I missed earlier this year. CN's scheduling is so friggin' awful, and as RooJay correctly points out, their marketing explaining when the shows WILL be on is just as bad. I mean, if you're gonna move it around every few days, at least you could give some ample warning!!!

Sentinel18725
11-11-2003, 11:12 PM
All I know is I can never find Adult Swim on......and I can't find SeaLab anymore either....I loved that show!

JediTricks
11-12-2003, 07:03 PM
New Sealab this Sunday, at 11pm. They finally removed anime from the 11pm Adult Swim slot. :D