PDA

View Full Version : What are your standards?

Old Fossil
07-08-2003, 03:17 PM
Those of you who collect vintage MOC, what standards, if any, did you set before adding to your collection? Unpunched, clear bubble, no price sticker, special offer sticker, etc.

For myself, I only require a piece with a clear bubble and no tears or serious creases to the card. A few stress marks or a small price sticker are no problem. I kind of like those cards that have a small price sticker on them -- gives them a little character, IMO. I also don't mind a punched card.

I don't mind special offer stickers, either, as long as they don't obscure the image on the card too much. Some of them -- the "coin" offers in particular, unless I am mistaken -- are way too big! But some of them are cool, especially if they have a real "connection" to the figure they are stuck on. My ROTJ Vader has a free Anakin Skywalker sticker on the bottom right of the card, for example, which I think is a cool tie-in.

I guess the main selling points for me are a clear, firmly attached bubble, and a card in fairly decent shape. What are yours?

Kidhuman
07-08-2003, 08:39 PM
Pretty much the same as yours. I want a good clean bubble and not so banged up card. I dont mind the stickers if they are placed right.

Imperialist_14
07-09-2003, 04:43 AM
I agree that a clear bubble is desirable but I'll take one with a little yellowing if the price is right!

I too kind of like the price stickers on it - as long as it isn't on the bubble!

I prefer Kay Bee Toys Stickers because that is where I bought most of my ROTJ Figures back in '84. :D

I also dislike any kind of pen or marker markings on them. :(

I also generally want the POP seals on them.

As long as it's not trashed and looks good on display, it's acceptable to me! :happy:

Banthaholic
07-11-2003, 09:48 AM
It all depends on the figure.
I prefer to collect clear bubble, flawless MOC.
Although if I find a rare figre in less than perfect form, as long as it's sealed I could make an exception depending on price.
I was able to get a beat up ESB FX-7 for under $15. Normally I wouldn't have bought it because of a warped and bent card and pretty dinged up bubble, but the price was right, and it displays well in a Star Case.

Darth Shifty
07-11-2003, 10:38 AM
I only collect vintage Yoda figures MOC. I don't mind price tags or special offer stickers, because they don't really detract from the value or aesthetics. However, I really prefer unpunched, clear bubble cards - they just so pretty! Unfortunately, my ESB brown snake Yoda has some yellowing on the bubble. :frus: It's too difficult to find that figure MOMC.

Jaff
07-11-2003, 11:17 AM
C8 is usually the lowest I will go. I never buy any vintage figures in package if they have a price tag on them or a tear where a price tag is. Clear bubbles are nice to have but as long as the card is good I'm happy. My POTF Lando General has a pee yellow bubble but he looks brand new for example. Little stress lines on the back of the card never bothered me either, nor does a little wear on the corners of cards.