PDA

View Full Version : Good news from WAL MART

Kidhuman
07-08-2003, 09:37 PM
I was talking to the toy lady at wally world today. I asked her if they wil lbe cleaqrancing out all the pegwarmers. She said that the second week in August. She said all the other stuff should be clearanced out to make room for the newer figures. I know wal mart is different store to store, but the x-mas resets should be company wide. So there is hope on the horizon.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-08-2003, 11:14 PM
That is good news and hopefully true for most Wal-Marts. It's been two years since our area Wal-Mart has had a decent figure clearance. There's still a lot of Destroyer Droids and Clone Troopers pegwarming so maybe this is the time to pick up a lot of army builders for a cheap price. :greedy:

And then hopefully after, we will see an avalanche of newer figures. :)

stillakid
07-08-2003, 11:17 PM
That is good news and hopefully true for most Wal-Marts. It's been two years since our area Wal-Mart has had a decent figure clearance. There's still a lot of Destroyer Droids and Clone Troopers pegwarming so maybe this is the time to pick up a lot of army builders for a cheap price. :greedy:

And then hopefully after, we will see an avalanche of newer figures. :)

My local Walmart (Porter Ranch, CA) has had very little (like 5 figures) on the pegs for quite some time now, and, as far as I can tell, never had any of the Cantina Sets that somehow still hang on other Walmart pegs. What's up with that?

Kidhuman
07-09-2003, 12:04 AM
I dunno stilla, but if ya need them, I have plenty over here you can have.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-09-2003, 12:17 AM
I dunno stilla, but if ya need them, I have plenty over here you can have.

I'll take you up on that offer Kidhuman :) I'm sorta in the same vicinity as Stilla and I have NEVER seen those cantina sets at any of the walmarts in my area, along with the trash sets as all of SSG knows now LOL ;)

bobafrett
07-09-2003, 12:42 AM
That's good news. I stopped at a Wal-Mart just inside the Wisconsin border (I was up trying to get the winning $250 million dollar Powerball ticket) and they had a lot of figures that look like they had been there for quite some time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-09-2003, 12:26 PM
Even if they do happen to clearance them, in my area, who the hell would want more Palpatines and Pilot Padmés?

Well, maybe I can get a Palpatine and ue his arms for a cloaked Mace Windu, but I bet I'm the only one. :D

plo koon 200
07-09-2003, 12:52 PM
I don't care who buys them or what they clearance as long as I get new toys.

Kidhuman
07-09-2003, 01:15 PM
I'll take you up on that offer Kidhuman :) I'm sorta in the same vicinity as Stilla and I have NEVER seen those cantina sets at any of the walmarts in my area, along with the trash sets as all of SSG knows now LOL ;)

Check your PM's

sith_killer_99
07-09-2003, 06:24 PM
I know wal mart is different store to store, but the x-mas resets should be company wide. So there is hope on the horizon.

Did you say X-mas resets?

It's freakin' July!

If it honestly takes a company/business/store 6-7 months to do a X-mas reset, someone needs to be fired! Sheesh, I can see late March maybe early April, but if it takes longer than 1 fiscal quarter, then someones got their head...nevermind.

And they wonder why we get so frustrated. :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
07-09-2003, 06:33 PM
I know wal mart is different store to store, but the x-mas resets should be company wide. So there is hope on the horizon.

Did you say X-mas resets?

It's freakin' July!

If it honestly takes a company/business/store 6-7 months to do a X-mas reset, someone needs to be fired! Sheesh, I can see late March maybe early April, but if it takes longer than 1 fiscal quarter, then someones got their head...nevermind.

And they wonder why we get so frustrated. :rolleyes:

They are gonna set up for x-mas, so the pegwarmers should go on clearance. Not what you were thinking. It is only 5 months away ya' know

plasticfetish
07-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Either way it doesn't matter. The pegs at my local stores have been pretty cold for months.

I can see how with having their attention squarely focused on moving Hulk merchandise around 24 hours a day they'd just be getting to the rest of the toy department right about now.

sith_killer_99
07-09-2003, 10:34 PM
They are gonna set up for x-mas, so the pegwarmers should go on clearance. Not what you were thinking. It is only 5 months away ya' know

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. I was a little confused.

I thought stores used Black Friday to clear out old back logged merchandise.

Ugh, you can tell I don't belong in retail. Anyway, it appears that many stores are clearancing out the older stuff. It's funny, they just put a huge sale on this stuff a couple of months ago. Not to mention all those Hasbro reps that were supposed to be shipping back the old stuff. Now we get another clearance on toys that haven't moved since November! I found most of these guys at Black Friday last year.

At least new stuff is showing up. I have found SAGA 2003 and SAGA Gold stuff, and my TRU is closed during the week, but I will be there Friday, they seem to be getting the CW stuff. :D

Deoxyribonucleic
07-09-2003, 10:38 PM
Either way it doesn't matter. The pegs at my local stores have been pretty cold for months.

I can see how with having their attention squarely focused on moving Hulk merchandise around 24 hours a day they'd just be getting to the rest of the toy department right about now.

My friend you aren't kidding!!! :frus: I went into target on belleflower yesterday and they had mace windu from the luke/vader bespin wave and jar jar senator :confused: :confused: :confused:

Banthaholic
07-09-2003, 10:59 PM
I really hope they finally clear merchandise. I'm sick of seeing Orn Free Taa, & Taun We. although both brilliantly sculpted.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-09-2003, 11:02 PM
My local Walmart (Porter Ranch, CA) has had very little (like 5 figures) on the pegs for quite some time now, and, as far as I can tell, never had any of the Cantina Sets that somehow still hang on other Walmart pegs. What's up with that?

I honestly believe that my local Wally-Mart has not sold a single Ponda Baba or Momaw Nadon since it got them in some time in the Fall. The Cantina Sets have takenup 4 full pegs (plus a few are stacked up on the top of the shelf) for months. Mysteriously, there are only a handful of Greedos left.

But their failure was pretty much predicted because of the fact that these figures were already made available previously in other lines.

The Clone Trooper and Destroyer Droid glut surprised me because they are relatively cool figures, but when every store from TRU, to Wal-Mart, and to K-Mart have mass quantities of them clogging pegs, what can a collector do?

plasticfetish
07-10-2003, 01:08 AM
Sheesh. The cantina set thing is nuts. I've honestly only ever seen one of them at any of the WMs around here and it was completely smashed.

My friend you aren't kidding!!! I went into target on belleflower yesterday and they had mace windu from the luke/vader bespin wave and jar jar senator
Where do you think "the comic book store" next door gets all of there figures from? (kidding ... kinda.)

Anyway, hit Wal-Mart tonight and saw nothing. Did notice that they will be stocking what looks like a metal Star Wars lunch box over in their back to school section. (They had their plan-o-grams taped up with photos of the merchandise.)

stillakid
07-10-2003, 02:08 AM
But their failure was pretty much predicted because of the fact that these figures were already made available previously in other lines.

It's statements just like that which are misleading. The line only appeared to have failed in those select few markets where the product was overstocked. In other markets like ours, which is considerably large, any figures that did make it to the stores were gone within no time at all. I wouldn't doubt that if your store put some of those pegwarmers on a truck and sent them this way that they'd have little trouble selling them off.

This was the same nonsense that we went through with the CommTech Trooper. Hasbro got the message somehow that nobody wanted it because a select few TRU's had to sell them off at $2 a piece while other areas rarely saw any on the pegs in the first place.

It's not lack of interest or "failure" of the line...it's crappy distribution.

sith_killer_99
07-10-2003, 02:51 AM
This was the same nonsense that we went through with the CommTech Trooper. Hasbro got the message somehow that nobody wanted it because a select few TRU's had to sell them off at $2 a piece while other areas rarely saw any on the pegs in the first place.

What? What are you talking about?

No no no no no, TRU marked down the CommTech line long before the Stormtrooper was ever released. I remember stores sitting on a glut of Han's and Jawas marked down to $1.98. It took months for the CT Stormtroopers to hit stores because product had stopped moving. That's when Hasbro decided to kill the line, and that's why Leia and Motti (which came right after the Stormie wave) were produced in such lower numbers.

But no store ever had to clearance the Stormtrooper, people were happily buying them for $6-$7 at other retail stores. I don't think a single CT Stormtrooper ever sat on a peg for more than 48 hrs. Even at full retail.

I, and a few others were very fortunate and lived near a TRU that happened to get a few dozen cases of the CT Stormie wave the same time TRU had their 2 for $3.00 sale! :D Make no mistake, the CT Stormie was never a peg warmer, anywhere.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-10-2003, 12:37 PM
No no no no no, TRU marked down the CommTech line long before the Stormtrooper was ever released. I remember stores sitting on a glut of Han's and Jawas marked down to $1.98. It took months for the CT Stormtroopers to hit stores because product had stopped moving. That's when Hasbro decided to kill the line, and that's why Leia and Motti (which came right after the Stormie wave) were produced in such lower numbers.

But no store ever had to clearance the Stormtrooper, people were happily buying them for $6-$7 at other retail stores. I don't think a single CT Stormtrooper ever sat on a peg for more than 48 hrs. Even at full retail.

I, and a few others were very fortunate and lived near a TRU that happened to get a few dozen cases of the CT Stormie wave the same time TRU had their 2 for $3.00 sale! :D Make no mistake, the CT Stormie was never a peg warmer, anywhere.

I totally disagree with most of your post SK99. I moved during this transition period from SoCal to UT and found stores in both areas bereft of POTF CT figures long before TRU clearanced them down. Everytime CTs were stocked they were gone superfast. I only remember a scant few Lukes and Greedos hanging around for any appreciable amount of time. When the clearance came TRU finally shipped out some figures but they were all Vaders. My area saw nary a CT Stormie.

You're absolutely right that the Stormies never needed a clearance to sell, but stillakid is dead on about the distribution. If they had shipped more CTs to SoCal or UT they would have been snapped up like that **snap** because they were HTF in these areas.

From UT to SoCal I've seen stores with totally different mixes of figures due to crappy distribution. When the EP1 soft goods wave hit they were so HTF in SoCal, yet up here they were everywhere. Granted there are less collectors here but the amount of retailers here are few in number.

Right now it comes down to clearance. If WM wants to get rid of these Cantina pieces they need to slash the price or ship them off to Iraqi children and write it off on their taxes.

Old Fossil
07-10-2003, 10:37 PM
I've been patiently waiting for my local WM to mark down their Cantina sets since they got 'em. Now if they could just eliminate the 9 Plo Koon's, 3 Boba Fett's (Ep.II), and the approximately 10,477 OPD Anakins, I would be very, very pleased.

Oh, and some freakin' NEW figures would be nice, too. :rolleyes:

BoShek
07-10-2003, 11:35 PM
Good news-August. It's July! :crazed:

sith_killer_99
07-11-2003, 04:15 AM
I totally disagree with most of your post SK99. I moved during this transition period from SoCal to UT and found stores in both areas bereft of POTF CT figures long before TRU clearanced them down. Everytime CTs were stocked they were gone superfast. I only remember a scant few Lukes and Greedos hanging around for any appreciable amount of time. When the clearance came TRU finally shipped out some figures but they were all Vaders. My area saw nary a CT Stormie.

I guess it's true what they say, every collectors experiences are different. I had a hard time finding them at first, but then I spent months looking at CT Hans Lukes Jawas Vaders and Greedos at $1.97, I bought a few extras for trades and thought I'd never get rid of 'em. :( And when I lived in Hawaii, I was trading big time here and over at the RS tradelist. I guess I just assumed that since noone was asking for 'em, everyone was finding them.

Anywho, the point of my post was:

How in the world could Hasbro have gotten that message about the CommTech Stormie would be beyond me. Demand for these guys is still through the roof! Many consider it one Hasbro's greatest achievements, myself included. That is why they put out the 4-pack.

It just threw me for a loop when I read that. :eek:

stillakid
07-11-2003, 09:13 AM
How in the world could Hasbro have gotten that message about the CommTech Stormie would be beyond me. Demand for these guys is still through the roof! Many consider it one Hasbro's greatest achievements, myself included. That is why they put out the 4-pack.

It just threw me for a loop when I read that. :eek:

Though I don't know for certain, I believe that they did not put out the 4 pack until a significant amount of compaining had been done about availability.

It's one thing to recognize and react to customer demand, but it's another to carry on with the status quo and then scramble later on in response to consumer dissatisfaction.

As with any lot of figures, if they learn that a store somewhere is practically giving them away, the assumption is most likely that nobody wants them very badly. In fact, only when I personally learned about this $2 giveaway of CT Stormtroopers going on in distant cities, did I begin making posts to Hasbro wondering what was going on. Several months after that, we saw them offer the four pack through the Fan Club.

Banthaholic
07-11-2003, 10:31 AM
I went to Wal-mart today. They must have pulled some back stock out. They had tons of Qui Gon's, and Massif's that wern't there the other day.
Although to my surprise they had two new Mace's R2's, and Secret Ceremony Anakin. Although every new figure was mangled in about the worse shap imaginable. Anakin's card was missing the top half. Not bad for loose collectors, but tha's not me...

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-12-2003, 01:16 AM
It's statements just like that which are misleading. The line only appeared to have failed in those select few markets where the product was overstocked. In other markets like ours, which is considerably large, any figures that did make it to the stores were gone within no time at all. I wouldn't doubt that if your store put some of those pegwarmers on a truck and sent them this way that they'd have little trouble selling them off.

It's not lack of interest or "failure" of the line...it's crappy distribution.

I am not questioning that the item was overstocked, mainly it seems on the East Coast, and there may have been more of a demand in areas like So Cal, but I know a very many collectors who have passed these Cantina Sets up simply because these are characters that have been available in the last couple of years. All that Hasbro decided to do was take a rehashed figure, throw a cheap plastic bar table in the package and jack up the price $5. In late February, I visited the Fort Meyers area in Florida, and hit 3 Wal-Marts and every store had them clogging up pegs and pegs as well. Maybe if there was more of a uniform distribution, there would only be 2 pegs of clogged Cantina Sets at Wal-Mart instead of 4.

stillakid
07-12-2003, 02:43 AM
I am not questioning that the item was overstocked, mainly it seems on the East Coast, and there may have been more of a demand in areas like So Cal, but I know a very many collectors who have passed these Cantina Sets up simply because these are characters that have been available in the last couple of years. All that Hasbro decided to do was take a rehashed figure, throw a cheap plastic bar table in the package and jack up the price $5. In late February, I visited the Fort Meyers area in Florida, and hit 3 Wal-Marts and every store had them clogging up pegs and pegs as well. Maybe if there was more of a uniform distribution, there would only be 2 pegs of clogged Cantina Sets at Wal-Mart instead of 4.

Perhaps. The only reason I said anything in the first place is because I never know if a Hasbro Rep is reading this stuff. The last thing I want them to go home believing is that some product is hanging on the pegs everywhere and that all collectors aren't interested.

It's important to have a balanced collection report which shows that there is not uniform distribution across the country which can account for some product clogging shelves in a scant few areas while other places have nothing at all.

Banthaholic
07-12-2003, 03:24 AM
It leaves me to wonder how they end up with such an unbalanced stock.
We all know the stories, some Wal-marts are goldmines, others suck the life blood out of collecting.
Is it poor management, distribution, or what causes one store to not get decent stock while another gets enough to supply 13 undernourished 3rd world nations?

Amy
07-14-2003, 05:30 AM
Good news Kid, thanks alot. :cool:

Old Fossil
07-14-2003, 08:15 AM
Good news Kid, thanks alot. :cool:

Uh-oh... :eek:

TheDarthVader
07-14-2003, 05:45 PM
She's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. :confused:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Woah, that's disturbing . . . whatever the hell happened to her in the first place?

Teeska Mon Eebon
07-14-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm not trying to hit on you or anything but where'd you come from?

Amy
07-15-2003, 12:59 AM
I'm guessing I should stay gone. :eek:

LTBasker
07-15-2003, 01:26 AM
People just cool it, the issue was resolved. Do the mature thing and just leave her alone about it.

Amy
07-15-2003, 02:06 AM
People just cool it, the issue was resolved. Do the mature thing and just leave her alone about it.

Is there a issue I'm not aware about? Everything was peachy when I had to leave(due to a family emergency). Oh well. :sur:

Tycho
07-15-2003, 03:25 AM
I think the issue was that Amy, you being one of the very few girls in these forums, had thought to be driven off by all the hordes of dudes too afraid to date, because they're worried any other lady will be turned off by their already being married to Hasbro. :rolleyes: So you got "hit on" a little too much, got sick of us, and left the forums.

I can't say for sure because I wasn't involved. It's just a guess.

Well, hope you were never uncomfortable here because you're a lady.

If you still work at Wal*Mart, you might be persecuted until they improve distribution, but that's another issue...

Meanwhile, I hope your family emergency was resolved or that you are coming to terms with that by now. I lost my mother this year, so I have a lot to come to terms with myself.

Meanwhile, guys: I meet a some ladies now and then, and I'm not embarrassed by my collection which occupies even my kitchen table and sink counter (until I get a larger place). My part-time "whatever" compromised on that when she sort of moved in here, not complaining so long as she could have a clothes closet without shuttlecraft docking in it, and she got to use one of the medacine cabinets for stuff for her hair and nails.

Yeah, she thinks I'm retarded or something, but she'll stick around because she also thinks I'm just too cute.

But won't it suck for her when she gets dumped because I need more space for my action figures? ;)

YOU DON'T NEED GIRLFRIENDS THAT LIKE STAR WARS!

At best, that means they'll try to put THEIR collection in your closet space and say they're HER Queen Amidala fashion dolls!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Er, I thought she turned out to be JediBrian in disguise? Maybe not . . . but what about Deoxyribonucleic's trash sets?

sith_killer_99
07-15-2003, 12:35 PM
I think D said she got 'em back after contacting the authorities. :Pirate:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Meanwhile, guys: I meet a some ladies now and then, and I'm not embarrassed by my collection which occupies even my kitchen table and sink counter (until I get a larger place).

My advice is wait a little while before you tell a girl about your Star Wars collection. That is something you don't want to bring up on the first date. I'd say it is a 3 date minimum before you bring it up. And when it does come up, make sure it is in a nonchalant manner for coming out directly and saying it, might freak her out. :crazed:

Banthaholic
07-15-2003, 11:36 PM
Welcome back Amy, and now back to topic.
Any one have any word on when Walmart will get screen Scenes?

Banthaholic
07-15-2003, 11:45 PM
My advice is wait a little while before you tell a girl about your Star Wars collection. That is something you don't want to bring up on the first date. I'd say it is a 3 date minimum before you bring it up. And when it does come up, make sure it is in a nonchalant manner for coming out directly and saying it, might freak her out. :crazed:
At the time I met my girlfriend I had all my stuff stored at my parents yet. When I took her over one time I showed her the (Star Wars)collection. She didn't seem to mind what it was, although was surprised and commented how big it (Star Wars Collection) was. Her brother was a pretty big fan and still had his vintage toys, so she seemed used to it.
Now it's preety cool, she will hit Target a few times a week for her girly stuff, and calls me if they have anything.

On a side note a friend of mine met a few girls one night that were hige fans. He went to an afterbar party at their house and their living room was full of a SW collection.
Well he ended up striking out because he kept talking about how big of a SW fan 'I' was, and I wasn't even there.

Back on topic....
Was it Wal-mart or what store was rumored to get a rereleased NAboo fighter.

JangoFart
07-16-2003, 01:26 AM
I thought she was gone b/c she shafted someone in a trade or sale. Or, that's what I heard from somewhere.

I guess I need to keep up better.

J

Turbowars
07-16-2003, 01:52 AM
I thought she was gone b/c she shafted someone in a trade or sale. Or, that's what I heard from somewhere.

I guess I need to keep up better.

J
When the authorities got involved, that's when the money showed up.

Tycho
07-16-2003, 02:40 AM

I like to bring a girl home on "the first date." In my experience that's the best way to insure I get a second "date."

Deoxyribonucleic
07-16-2003, 02:50 AM
Well then, I guess I shant have any problems bringing a guy home ;)

Unless of course his name is Biff and he's captain of the football team and if that EVER happens, someone shoot me!! He will probably sit on my bed wondering for hours where my poms poms are??? :crazed:

As far as walmart is concerned, I've not seen anything at mine since over 2 months ago! Still the same 7 or 8 Jango pilots just hanging there looking foolish. I wonder if it is because this walmart is semi new but then again, the other one that's near me isn't so new and they never have squat either as of late.

Oh well, patience is my best friend :)

Amy
07-16-2003, 04:03 AM
Authorities??????

What could authorities do about $40 bucks? :confused: Becky, could you at least explain this to them?

authorities? Thats almost funny. :rolleyes:

plasticfetish
07-16-2003, 04:24 AM
Welcome back Amy.
Glad to see that everything has worked itself out.
Hope all is well.

Still the same 7 or 8 Jango pilots just hanging there looking foolish.
I like to think of it as a Jango Pilot museum.
But don't forget about the one gold card Fett that's been sitting there for the past week. (Teasing me.)

kool-aid killer
07-16-2003, 08:30 AM
My favorite Walmart is holding it down with four lott dods (last time i checked) but it doesnt matter because Targets been getting new stuff. In the past week ive come upon: Yoda and youngling, Ashla and Jempa, Lama Su and cloneboy, Wat Tambor, Padme secret ceremony, Spider Droid, Super Battle Droid builder, and a few others i didnt need. Dont know if its the same in your neighborhood but its worth a look.

Old Fossil
07-16-2003, 09:05 AM
My WM got a case of the Wat Tambor wave a couple of days ago. I snagged Wat and Coleman Trebor... all the new stuff is gone now, though, even the repackaged Maul and Leia. Moreover, somebody returned a Pilot Obi-Wan to keep all the OPD Anakins company. :frus:

Kidhuman
07-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Welcome back Amy.

My Wal-Mart aint got nothing new in. They still got Kit Fisto and Padme Arena clogging the pegs. I honestly dont think they have sold a figure since my stepson bought one back in May. Same old stuff there. I have to go to Target and see if they have anything new. I just wish Target had Lay away. I need so much stuff.

sith_killer_99
07-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Authorities??????

What could authorities do about $40 bucks? Becky, could you at least explain this to them?

authorities? Thats almost funny.

I don't think that's funny. Here's what was posted by D:

Here's the hub bub...

I GOT MY MONEY BACK!

I also received in the mail on Tuesday a letter and report/complaint form to fill out from the Oklahoma DA's office with all of her info on it...of course I will be calling them to drop the charges as I finally did receive my money back, but I wanted to post this to let people know that our Federal and State government takes Internet/Mail fraud EXTREMELY seriously, no matter what the amount of money is, so maybe if anyone reads this who's thinking about "ripping people off," THINK AGAIN, because you'll pay dearly for it with heavy fines and jail/juvy hall time...NO JOKE!! And for those who have been "ripped off," on the internet or by mail, contact the IFCC, a division of the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center, all divisions of the U.S. Federal Government. ALL complaints are taken seriously and will be investigated/prosecuted in a prompt manner. I filed my initial complaint with the IFCC approximately one month ago and already have heard back from 2 different law enforcement agencies to deal with the problem.

EDIT: the post above is not "directed" at Amy or saying that her intentions were to "rip me off" I don't know her, and don't know what her exact intentions were, but she did send my money back and the issue has been resolved.

Hmmm, nope, I still don't find it funny.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to attack anyone here. But most of us know what it feels like to get ripped off. I am not saying that was anyone's intent here, but my point is, that most of us were glad to hear that if we were to ripped off, even over $40.00 there is some recourse we can take. Weather it's $5.00 or $50,000.00 when you are taken advantage of, or precieve yourself to have been taken advantage of, you want justice. So no, I don't really find it funny at all. :(

I am glad to see that the issue has been resolved, and I certainly harbor no ill will towards you. But you should understand that a lot of people were upset when they heard about the trouble D was having. Just like, they should understand that the issue has been resolved between you and D.

JM2C.

BoShek
07-16-2003, 11:39 PM
I saw so many great figures today! And I bought some new ones!

Wait . . . this was a year ago. Nothing new. Star Wars figures are dead.

bobafrett
07-17-2003, 01:12 AM
Well, I'm coming up on a year without a girlfriend, and I don't miss having one all that much. This frees up more cash to buy more toys. I'm not saying that if a woman came up to me and asked me out or something, that I would take a pass, but for now I'm quite happy not having female companionship. If I did get beyond a couple of dates, well she had better not mind a house of toys, because that's what I have.

I haven't seen anything new at the Wal-Marts in my area in at least a couple of months. That was at one store, the other 4 that are close by are stuck with old figures or empty pegs with other figures plugged on their pegs.

jpak001
07-17-2003, 01:37 AM
The newest SW thing I've seen at WM was clone speeder deluxe (many months ago). And that was only once.

The few Wal-Marts in my area don't have jack.... Just some of the same old saga figs and saga deluxe.

plasticfetish
07-17-2003, 03:45 AM
I saw so many great figures today! And I bought some new ones!
Wait . . . this was a year ago. Nothing new. Star Wars figures are dead.
Hahahahahahaha.

Kidhuman
08-12-2003, 02:11 PM
Well,I was in Wal-Mart today and the reset has begun. They had the papers hangingof what will go where and started clearancing out some stuff. I wouldnt say long untilsome newer stuff starts hitting shelves.

Teeska Mon Eebon
08-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Yeah the clearancing has begun now the Trash sets are down to 10 bucks so maybe they'll finially get rid of them

abell748
08-13-2003, 10:30 AM
for some futile reason i decided to check wal-mart and found nothing but final battle and pilot jangos, the potj bespin guard and ketwol, and this was shocking a red card 3po and 2 landos. put that with the 2,000 cantina sets and they had stuff i would need if i had been living under a rock the last 18 months. if the compactor sets are so availible in some areas, contact me, i still need a set please help me!!!

yngadult
08-13-2003, 02:06 PM
I'm in So Cal and it seems the Walmart's I visit have few SW if any on pegs. They have been getting new stuff in lately (Snowtroopers, Vaders etc.) but they are bought up by at least the next day, leaving the pegs empty again.
I did see the Luke / Han trash compactor diorama but that was months ago and I've not seen them since. I didn't buy any because I thought it was too expensive - no loss.

Kidhuman
08-14-2003, 02:51 PM
I got a Tie-Bomberon clearance today for 20 dollars. Sweet deal. They still havent cleared out much else as far as SW goes at my Wally-World yet.