PDA

View Full Version : Han Solo - AF - new head sculpt

INDIANA
07-09-2003, 10:41 AM
Picked up the re-packed Han and the head is different from the Comtec one I've got at home.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-09-2003, 11:15 AM
Pics would be nice, if you could please. I just looked in the Collector's Database, and it's identical.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Ya! I think it's the head from the potj death star escape Han solo if I remember correctly?? I saw it on the pegs the other day and I noticed that also.

:)

JEDIpartner
07-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Death Star Escape had a shaggy haircut... Jedi Drew just got this and said it was virtually identical to the CommTech version... with slightly better paint application.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-09-2003, 12:36 PM
I found mine this morning. It's definitely more like the Cantina Han from POTF2, however I don't believe the arm that's supposed to be leaning back swivels at the forearm. It looked like it was fixed to me.

Also the gun looks like it's more bendable.

INDIANA
07-09-2003, 12:45 PM
Sorry, can't do pics.

The new head seems...well, fuller than the comtech one, which looks very "thin" to me.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-09-2003, 11:04 PM
I found mine this morning. It's definitely more like the Cantina Han from POTF2, however I don't believe the arm that's supposed to be leaning back swivels at the forearm. It looked like it was fixed to me.

Also the gun looks like it's more bendable.

I guess I'm wrong. It's the same figure. I checked out the arm and it is articulated to swivel near the elbow. Maybe I'll take it back after all.

Since we're talking about repackaged figures, is the new Maul the same as a previously released version? Does it split in two like the POTJ one?

Hellboy
07-09-2003, 11:19 PM
I got mine today and there is no difference between the 2 unless you compare paint-jobs.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-09-2003, 11:48 PM
Ya! I think it's the head from the potj death star escape Han solo if I remember correctly?? I saw it on the pegs the other day and I noticed that also.

:)

Wrong again!! DOH! :) :crazed:

will you people stop putting ideas in my head! ;) j/k

I coulda sworn though when I read that post, it struck a neuron in my brain that thought it saw the head looking different as well...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Since we're talking about repackaged figures, is the new Maul the same as a previously released version? Does it split in two like the POTJ one?
The Maul is from the Masters of the Dark Side Vader/Maul 2-pack. It was extremely hard to find. I don't know if it splits in two, but I don't think so. They are also rereleasing the Vader later this year on a gold card, along with T-16 Luke (but with a lightsaber).

JangoFart
07-10-2003, 01:04 PM
The Maul is from the Masters of the Dark Side Vader/Maul 2-pack. It was extremely hard to find. I don't know if it splits in two, but I don't think so. They are also rereleasing the Vader later this year on a gold card, along with T-16 Luke (but with a lightsaber).
I have one of the Masters sets opened and one not. The Maul does not split in half.

J

Mandalorian Candidat
07-10-2003, 02:53 PM

If they were so rare, then why not rerelease them on the new Saga cards? Hasbro's doing the same for C-3PO, Leia, Han, and Jango Fett.

JangoFart
07-10-2003, 03:37 PM
If they were so rare, then why not rerelease them on the new Saga cards? Hasbro's doing the same for C-3PO, Leia, Han, and Jango Fett.
They have.

J

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-10-2003, 07:07 PM
They have.

J
Yeah . . . thought I made that pretty clear . . . er maybe not . . .

Jayspawn
07-10-2003, 11:52 PM
I saw the SAGA Han today at Target and it's the exact SAME Han as the Commtech. Nothing new except the clear stand. :p

INDIANA
07-11-2003, 11:12 AM
The...heads...are...different....

someones got to be able to show picks

JEDIpartner
07-11-2003, 11:32 AM
The...heads...are...similar....

-- with the exception of the paint jobs which alter the look of the face.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2003, 06:25 PM
The following is a quote and phrase from the Hasbro website.

Much like we did during the Original Trilogy, these "re-released" figures will remain unchanged and will be decorated in the same fashion as their original release; however, each will come in the updated 2003 packaging and will include a figure base.
Haha right again! (http://starwars.hasbro.com/pl/page.repnews/sec.story/id.101/dn/bh.cfm)

Old Fossil
07-12-2003, 09:42 PM
I saw one of these repackaged Hans at WM yesterday. It is the same head as the CommTech Han, only the paint job is not as good. Or maybe it was the kind of plastic they used... either way, the head looked a little fatter. Not as good as the previous release, IMO.

Turbowars
07-13-2003, 10:42 AM
NO NO they are different, oh wait NO NO they are the same, Oh crap I'm going insane!!!

INDIANA
07-13-2003, 11:52 AM
All I can say, IMHO, is that they look different to me. More than just a different paint job. The new head looks "fatter" than the CTC version.

I hope people will actually be able to find it in stores and let their opinions be heard.

I do reseve the right to be completely crazy.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-13-2003, 12:46 PM
All I can say, IMHO, is that they look different to me. More than just a different paint job. The new head looks "fatter" than the CTC version.

I hope people will actually be able to find it in stores and let their opinions be heard.

I do reseve the right to be completely crazy.

I have to agree with Indiana, I saw it too and it did look different... perhaps it was the paint job, but the hair looked messy like the one on death star escape han, I specifically remember thinking that when I looked at the new one.

*shrugs, oh well, the world may never know

:confused: :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-13-2003, 03:40 PM
Well, Hasbro says they are all the same, so that's what I'm going with. So far I've only seen C-3PO and Jango as far as the repacks go, so I don't know how the paint job is.

Turbowars
07-13-2003, 07:06 PM
I saw these Hans at a store called Puzzle Zoo. Very cool store, but they sell things like they are made of gold, 10 bucks a pop. Anyway, the paint job on all of them were bad, but the head looks the same to me.