PDA

View Full Version : Does Dooku survive?

Fulit
11-21-2001, 01:10 PM
In all the spoiler reports I've read, Count Dooku survives his battle with Yoda and takes off in his ship at the end of the movie. So do you think Dooku will be around at the time Palpatine recruits Anakin to the Dark Side, and if so, do you think Palpatine or Anakin kill Dooku, to preserve the "only two can there be" rule?
That would be cool.

chewie
11-21-2001, 01:30 PM
I would imagine in ep3 it'll go down very much like ROTJ, where Luke almost killed Vader. Though I believe Anakin will finish off Dooku and complete his move to the dark side.

Tycho
11-21-2001, 03:45 PM
Chewie is probably right. That sounds like it to me.

GNT
11-22-2001, 02:46 AM
I think Count Dooku would be to old to fight and would have retired or something ;) and just died :)

Tycho
11-22-2001, 03:07 AM
Palpatine's still alive...

In spite of Christopher Lee being older than Ian McDiarmid,

great make-up artists have it so Darth Tyranus is younger than Darth Sidious. Mr. Sid is still the Old Man.

Co Jo-Da
11-23-2001, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by chewie
I would imagine in ep3 it'll go down very much like ROTJ, where Luke almost killed Vader. Though I believe Anakin will finish off Dooku and complete his move to the dark side.

Sounds about right to me...

Rollo Tomassi
11-23-2001, 12:23 PM
I think it'll go down more like ESB than ROJ. A huge ground battle sequence at the beginning of the film attacking Dooku's besieged and entrenched troops on some far away world. We'll get to see General Kenobi in action and the immense tragedy of the CLONE WARS. Then, with Dooku out of the way in the first third of the film (ala Jabba in ROJ) we can concentrate on the downfall of Anakin, his epic battle with Obi Wan, and Padme and Ben's escape with the twins.

Tycho
11-23-2001, 12:29 PM
Somehow, I don't think Episode 3 will have many, if any, similarities to any Star Wars film we've seen before.

Lucas said it will be really dark. I think if any, Episode 3 will break the mold!

Then again, who am I kidding? You've got a very good theory plus past evidence suggesting you're right on the mark.

It will play out like Jedi, but in the choice of Light vs. Dark, Anakin will choose the dark...

Co Jo-Da
11-24-2001, 12:33 AM
Episode II and III will have alot of forshadowing to ANH-RotJ but I don't think the either II or III will be like ESB or RotJ. But even if they were, they'd both rock the house...