PDA

View Full Version : Palpatine/Sidious connection

greengoblin3825
07-11-2003, 01:44 AM
I know that this has probablly been beat to death here but I'm new so bear with me. My curiosity is does anyone agree that the whole sidious is palpatine thing is to easy. I mean I remember McCallum saying somewhere that they were definately the same. However that seems to easy for Mr. Lucas ie; luke/ leia twins vader their father. I think there has to be a big shock value in the last of the prequels since there wasn't really anything big and shocking in the past two. Thoughts?

Pendo
07-11-2003, 03:13 AM
This has been something that has woried me for some time... it IS to easy...

If Sidious and Palpy turns out to be different people it would be one of the worst things George could possibly do.

PENDO!

sith_killer_99
07-11-2003, 03:54 AM
I understand where you are coming from, George likes consistancy, with the titles, with the scenes, heck, even the wipes are the exact same number of frames. I think he may be a bit obsessive-compulsive, but that's a topic for another thread.

I don't think George is gonna do a "shocker" with Palpatine/Sidious, and here's why....

1. It's too late.
2. It's the wrong story.

It's too late because of Georges' consistancy, remember the big shocker was revealed at the end of the second movie. Hence, if George was gonna lay one on us it would have been at the end of E2. Instead, the "shocker" was that Anakin and Padme' were married in secret. Sure we knew they would end up together, but we didn't know that they tried to keep the marriage a secret.

It's the wrong story, because George has said that this is Anakin's story. So if he were to reveal that Palpatine and Sidious were different people he would effectively detract from the Anakin story. I don't think George would do that, it's bad story writing.

Just my 2 cents. :Pirate:

greengoblin3825
07-11-2003, 06:05 AM
True and as so far all paths lead to palpy being sidious. so much as I've noticed Just a few lines here and there such as "we'll be watching your career closely" and what not. I do agree that it would detract from the story being it is based off of anakin. I just feel that there may be the "holy crap I never saw that coming scene" My other curiosity is if Padme is going to buck the kicket or if she ends up with Bail

greengoblin3825
07-11-2003, 06:07 AM
and one other thing sidious had like zero screentime if they are different and could seriously dig another yoda stompin on dagobah that would rock. wishful thinking I suppose

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Palpatine and Sidious are obviously the same, how can they not be? Not only are they played by the same guy, but they're never in two different places at once. And besides, Sidious has the same clothes as Palpatine does in ROTJ, that can't be coincidence.

greengoblin3825
07-12-2003, 11:51 PM
Palpatine and Sidious are obviously the same, how can they not be? Not only are they played by the same guy, but they're never in two different places at once. And besides, Sidious has the same clothes as Palpatine does in ROTJ, that can't be coincidence.

Valid points all I'm saying is it's awfully easy for Mr. Shocker George Lucas. It'sa not like palpy can't go to the local dark lord of the sith shop and pick up his evil dark jedi outfit. Aside from that Warwick Davis has played like what three or different charachters throughout the trilogy

TheDarthVader
07-13-2003, 12:43 PM
Read the databank entries at www.starwars.com about Darth Sidious and Senator Palpatine. It is obvious that the two are one in the same. Everyone knows that Sidious has been playing "both sides of the fence". It would be ridiculous and outrageous for the two to be different people. I will bet anyone a Benjamin that they are the same. Anyone want the bet??? ;)

greengoblin3825
07-13-2003, 10:27 PM
Read the databank entries at www.starwars.com about Darth Sidious and Senator Palpatine. It is obvious that the two are one in the same. Everyone knows that Sidious has been playing "both sides of the fence". It would be ridiculous and outrageous for the two to be different people. I will bet anyone a Benjamin that they are the same. Anyone want the bet??? ;)
I honestly don't have enough faith in that theory to take the bet, the other thing I'm wondering is if there will in fact be some sort of showdown on dagobah to explain why there is a dark presence in the cave

kwyjibo111
07-13-2003, 10:35 PM
Anyone think old Palpy may be Anakins daddy?

greengoblin3825
07-13-2003, 10:38 PM
Someone's been reading the fanfics at theforce.net. NAh It's plausible but would serve no end and Shmi said that there was no father

kwyjibo111
07-13-2003, 10:39 PM
Maybe he made her forget, or clouded her mind when it happened?

kwyjibo111
07-13-2003, 10:42 PM
Someone's been reading the fanfics at theforce.net. NAh It's plausible but would serve no end and Shmi said that there was no father
Actually a friend has been saying this since episode 1. I've always told him he's full of doo doo.
But now I'm thinking, you never know with georgy boy.

greengoblin3825
07-13-2003, 10:49 PM
Actually a friend has been saying this since episode 1. I've always told him he's full of doo doo.
But now I'm thinking, you never know with georgy boy.
That would be interesting palpatine as luke/leia's grandfather hmm. still kinda out there. I'm still going to run with the palpy and sidious are different people. However now that I think of it hte whole master/apprentice thing comes into view.

Pendo
07-14-2003, 03:19 AM
No, please no! If George did this it would destroy the powerful "I am your father" in ESB! I hope Anakin's father is never revealed, I'm kinda liking to the "Virgin birth" theory.

Besides, I really doubt Palpatine would go all the way to Tatooine on the Outer Rim to have sex with a slave :rolleyes:.

PENDO!

joe-da
07-14-2003, 02:06 PM
Just a wild guess, but what if Palpatine is Anakin's father, but Palpatine's sister Shmi raised Anakin in secret once she knew he was going to the dark side. That's why she "carried" him and can't say what happened concerning Anakin's birth. ??????

Sith Lord 0498
07-14-2003, 07:44 PM
I think that's really making the story of the prequels way too convolted. I do believe that Anakin was conceived through the Force, and Palpatine's link to Anakin is nothing more than taking advantage of a situation and twisting it to his own dark ends. That fits Palpatine/Sidious' character perfectly. Just look at everything he's done so far. It's all about manipulation.

stillakid
07-14-2003, 09:10 PM
I think that's really making the story of the prequels way too convolted. I do believe that Anakin was conceived through the Force, and Palpatine's link to Anakin is nothing more than taking advantage of a situation and twisting it to his own dark ends. That fits Palpatine/Sidious' character perfectly. Just look at everything he's done so far. It's all about manipulation.

Exactly. I can't believe that this is a thread.

greengoblin3825
07-15-2003, 02:26 AM
Exactly. I can't believe that this is a thread.
Let me clarify that I was wondering if anyone that Sidi and Palpy were different people

Trip J
07-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Besides the obvious reasons that they're the same person (all those given already and more), it just plain 'ol doesn't make sense. There are too many important story lines to tie up and tie to the OT, and this would just be a meaningless contrivance if it were the case.

Darth Spectre
07-15-2003, 10:42 AM
Sadly, there are some people who still don't get that Palpatine and Sidious are the same person. If there was ANY doubt at all, it was answered at the end of TPM when right after Mace wonders "Who was destroyed? The master or the apprentice?" and the camera slowly pans over to Palpatine and stops. That was the answer. No surprises coming about Palpy's relationship to Sidious in Ep III.

TheDarthVader
07-15-2003, 02:15 PM
...it just plain 'ol doesn't make sense.

I believe this quote says it all. Read those databank entries!! The write-up alternates the names Palpatine and Sidious. Examples...
Spiderman=that geek guy (don't know his name)
Anakin=Vader
Superman= Clark Kent
Palpatine=Sidious
Hulk=that guy (don't know his name) etc etc etc
You see, it follows in the pattern of these old traditions...

hamsterboy
07-16-2003, 08:55 PM
If you don't believe they're the same person,I'm sorry to say,you're a goof. I mean Lucas himself has said they're the same person. What more do you want?

Darth Spectre
07-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Yes, but sadly, there are always people who don't want to accept the truth and look for other explanations. Like how some people want it to be an Anakin clone that becomes Vader, not Anakin.

greengoblin3825
07-17-2003, 01:40 AM
Yes, but sadly, there are always people who don't want to accept the truth and look for other explanations. Like how some people want it to be an Anakin clone that becomes Vader, not Anakin.
Actually the palpy/sidious thing was just a theory forgive me for having an independent thought. I just thought I would get a couple of opinions not be called goofy. forget i ever even posted it

Darth Spectre
07-17-2003, 09:45 AM
Don't take what I said personally. I was speaking in general terms, not directing it at you. I know u had posted it get other people's thoughts on whether anyone believed they could be separate people. I was talking more about things I have read in the forum and in other places by people who really believed they were separate. Sorry about any confusion. And, just for the record, I did not call u a goof...LOL

greengoblin3825
07-17-2003, 11:11 AM
Don't take what I said personally. I was speaking in general terms, not directing it at you. I know u had posted it get other people's thoughts on whether anyone believed they could be separate people. I was talking more about things I have read in the forum and in other places by people who really believed they were separate. Sorry about any confusion. And, just for the record, I did not call u a goof...LOL
this is why i should never be on the boards at 4 in the morning. I agree some of the stuff is a bit outlandish but to each his own right

AndyW
07-17-2003, 04:25 PM
Like how some people want it to be an Anakin clone that becomes Vader, not Anakin.

Tell me you made that up, surely someone wouldn't say such a silly silly thing :)

greengoblin3825
07-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Tell me you made that up, surely someone wouldn't say such a silly silly thing :)
that post wasn't mine someone else mention that, my thought was that palpy and sidious were different

Darth Spectre
07-17-2003, 04:42 PM
But yes, I did see someone suggest that should happen so Anakin wouldn't really be the one becoming Vader. Which of course, defeats the whole point of the 6 movies, but like I said...people are funny...LOL

Jaff
07-21-2003, 02:25 AM
Palpatine's politics play into this one to explain it. First off Palpy always hides himself. It is his nature. If he lets himself loose he will play crispy crisper as he did in ROTJ. So he uses everyone through deciet and trickery. The obviousness of this is Padme. "You could call for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum." Although he supports Naboo, Padme gets some doubt of the Chancellor. Palpy does not say that we need to get rid of the guy. Besides a minute before that he says that Vallorum is mired by BASELESS accusations. Chances are Palpy started those baseless accusations and even if he didn't why would he mention it. So Padme falls for it and Palpy reaches his coveted position.

If palpy came before the trade federation and said I want you to blocade my homeworld his career would be over because of blackmail, and in the future their ships would probably be able to record transmissions. So he hides himself as Darth Sideous. That way they won't know who he is.

Third is the sith factor. Sith kill each other, or control each other. Darth Maul was nothing short as a blood thirsty tiger who exploits weakness. I don't know whether maul knew if palpy was sideous, but think about this: If maul knew Palpy was Sideous would he not try to take advantage of it. He wants to kill (Jedi esspecially). Would Palpy have been able to hold this killer back so long as to train him despite his impulsive nature if he did not have complete control over maul.
The same goes for Dooku. I think Dooku is trying to expose and overthrow Sideous by being patient. Play the servant, then overthrow him so I CAN FIX THE REPUBLIC. The only reason Dooku left the jedi order because he was outraged over qui-gon's death. It's in the film novel. The Jedi order allowed the political situation to get out of control and they were nothing more than police for corrupt politicians. They outgrew their usefullness. Dooku's goal is to fix that, even though he has turned now, but he has his own agenda.

One last observation is aliens in the Empire. Lets examine Palpy's allies in Episode II. All Aliens, and bail organa (who is probably only presant for political status quo). Aliens do the cloning. Aliens assist him in the senate, aliens have his armies of Robots. Aliens build those robots. And he uses the greedy political aliens like Orn Free Taa to help support him. Not to mention that Dooku has contacts with RICH POWERFUL ALIENS who sign treaties with him. Who provides these contacts: Palpy/sideous. Otherwise Dooku would have an army all for himself and would not need Palpy. After the clone wars Palpy denounces all aliens as traitors just as the jedi which to cut his ties, and to kill those who know about him. That is why the Empire does not have one alien (IN THE FILMS).

Palpy has so many multiple chosen personalities that I would not be surprized if he was Master Siphodeas who ordered the clone army. After all in the senate the subject is brought up right around the time the clones are ready. Guess who controls the senate?

plo koon 200
07-23-2003, 08:46 PM
Every last bit of this is common sense. On the last char McCallum said Sidious is Palpy. Several times, George said Sidious is Palpy. Palp is Sidious. It really can't go any other way. Also, Sidious being Anakin's father is more crazy than my idea of Leia being Obi-Wan's daugher. Honestly, why would Sidious go through all the trouble to have sex with a slave. I can see the reasoning to create a super Jedi through a slave but let's face it. Sidious's midichloring count probably isn't off the scale.

Jaff
07-24-2003, 12:19 AM
From PloKoon200

Every last bit of this is common sense. On the last char McCallum said Sidious is Palpy. Several times, George said Sidious is Palpy. Palp is Sidious. It really can't go any other way. Also, Sidious being Anakin's father is more crazy than my idea of Leia being Obi-Wan's daugher. Honestly, why would Sidious go through all the trouble to have sex with a slave. I can see the reasoning to create a super Jedi through a slave but let's face it. Sidious's midichloring count probably isn't off the scale.

I'm with you on every point. If Sidious turns out to be Vader's father it will be way too convienient, and a bit cheesy. However who knows how powerful Sidious's midiclorian count is because he sure does confuse the heck out of a lot of powerful Jedi's.

[DSS]Pedr0
07-24-2003, 07:47 AM
From PloKoon200

I'm with you on every point. If Sidious turns out to be Vader's father it will be way too convienient, and a bit cheesy. However who knows how powerful Sidious's midiclorian count is because he sure does confuse the heck out of a lot of powerful Jedi's.

Realistically, who cares about the midi's? They dont matter. Nuthin was ever mentioned of them until the PT and that was LAME. The OTs "Luminous Beings Are We" line carries ALOT MORE WEIGHT than simple science explanations. If GL makes ANYONE Anakin's/Vader's Father, I am Going To GIVE AWAY ALL OF MY SW COLLECTION FOR FREE!!!! :crazed:

Jaff
07-24-2003, 10:34 AM
Amen DSSPedro0

Darth Spectre
07-24-2003, 10:36 AM
Amen DSSPedro0

Yes, the hell with Midichlorians...LOL

Darth Spectre
07-28-2003, 02:05 PM
At this point, no one should be Anakin's father simply because it no suspect was ever hinted at or implied before. It would take away from the story. And besides, why wouldn't Vader tell Luke about the Emperor or the Emperor telling Luke himself that he was his grandpappy?

El Chuxter
11-10-2009, 04:04 PM
In case you guys didn't catch it, Darth Plageuis was Anakin's father, more or less.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-10-2009, 07:17 PM
I am just shocked that Jaff has posts in threads here not about favorite action figures... :rolleyes: