PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Legends 5 lineup confirmed!

The Overlord Returns
02-10-2003, 11:45 AM
OK, so ML 5 WILL be:

Mr. Fantastic
Colossus
Sabretooth
Silver Surfer
Nick Fury
Blade II Figure
Red Skull....

I'm heavily looking forward to this wave (and having only recently become addicted to this line, I atleast can amuse myself playing catch up!)

However, I'm interested in seeing what future releases people who collect the line are hoping for....

So.....what do ya want to see?

Prince Xizor
02-10-2003, 12:27 PM
How do you know that it is confirmed?

Anyway, in the future I would like to see:

Juggarnaut
Apocalypse
Carnage
War Machine
Professor X (I would be curoius to see how they did this fig)
Cable
Jean Grey
Cyclops
Bullseye
Kingpin
Invisible Women
And many more...

The Overlord Returns
02-10-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
How do you know that it is confirmed?

Julius Marx confirmed it over at AFT........

Nice list......I take it your an x fan...

jpak001
02-10-2003, 01:21 PM
I want classic figures like:

Thanos (!!!!)
Adam Warlock
Captain Marvel
Loki
There's many more to list, but I'm at work so I can't spend too much time thinking about it right now.....

Invisible Woman (mainly to complete the FF)
They've got some good classics slated for series 5 (Red Skull = yay!), so I'm very happy about that! I'm also exited about some of the series 4 figs (mainly Punisher!). What a great line of figures!

Eternal Padawan
02-10-2003, 01:36 PM
So when you guys ask for say...Cyclops. Do you want him in his classic X-gear, or his early X-Factor look, or the later Jim Lee X-Men look, or his current New X-Men look, or what?

Same goes for Capt Marvel. The Kree armor? The classic cape look? Long hair? buzz cut?

Collusus? He's had half a dozen costume changes over the years.

I'd like to see more Iron Man armors. The Red and Silver version being at the top of my list.

The Overlord Returns
02-10-2003, 01:46 PM
Well...this'll be a long list....

Avengers:

Vision
Hawkeye
Black Panther
13 inch Rotocast Giant Man
Scarlet Witch'
Quick Silver
She hulk
Wonder Man
Captain Marvel

X Men:

Cyclops (blue body condom version)
Phoenix
Night Crawler
Angel
Iceman (smoother, non "snowball" version w/ Slide base)
Storm
Rogue
Havok
Quitely X Men (never happen)
Cable

Fantastic 4:

Invisible woman (only one left)

Other:

Black Bolt
Medusa
Dr. Strange
Adam Warlock
Deadpool
Moon Knight
Captain Marvell
Great Lakes Avengers (snicker)
War Machine
Vindicator
Sasquatch
Man Thing
Captain Britain

Villains:

Juggernaut
Mr. Sinister
Baron Zemo
Ultron
Kingpin
Bullseye
Gravitron
Green Goblin (hopefully get him in the spidey line)
Mephisto
Thanos
Dark Phoenix
18 inch Galactus (again, doubtful)
Drax

I'm sure I've missed some.......

The Overlord Returns
02-10-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
So when you guys ask for say...Cyclops. Do you want him in his classic X-gear, or his early X-Factor look, or the later Jim Lee X-Men look, or his current New X-Men look, or what?

Same goes for Capt Marvel. The Kree armor? The classic cape look? Long hair? buzz cut?

Collusus? He's had half a dozen costume changes over the years.

I'd like to see more Iron Man armors. The Red and Silver version being at the top of my list.

Most of the looks I'd want fall more toward classic interpretations...

For cyclops...see giant sized x men (or blue body condom line above)

Same reference for Colossus......giant sized x men....

Eternal Padawan
02-10-2003, 02:02 PM
If you had to narrow it down to TEN figures...who would they be?

I think Box from Alpha Flight would look pretty sweet. He'd have to be 8" tall though.

Definitely need Hawkeye and Vision from the Avengers. Would Wonder Man come with his Mullet from the WCAvengers look?

Nightcrawler will become a fan fave after the movie. He's at the top of my X-list. Followed by Havok and Apacalypse.

Vindicator and Moon Knight are great ideas! I'd also like to see Deathlok and Darkhawk.

The Overlord Returns
02-10-2003, 02:09 PM
Ten figures.............sheesh.......

Lets see....

Cyclops
Iceman
Angel
Vision
Hawkeye
Giant Man
Deadpool
Thanos
Black Bolt
Dr. Strange

I'd go classic "wife beater shirt" wonder man....or the cool "back from the dead" version...

jpak001
02-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Captain Marvell = Classic cape look, definitely

Dr Strange!!!! I almost forgot about him, thanks for reminding me TOR!

We need a Marvel Legends Dr. Strange!!!!(the OG Doc, not that wierd masked costume he had for a short while)

I would rather see him and Thanos done than any others (that aren't already slated).

Prince Xizor
02-10-2003, 08:56 PM
I want the Cyclops Jim Lee look. I hated his old blue/white condom look. I wouldn't mind the Uncanny X-Men look either, but the later Jim Lee look would be at the top of my list.

Adam
02-10-2003, 10:40 PM
I think they should stick to classic uniforms and looks for awhile, and when the roster gets a little thin they can start giving us the more recent costumes.

Eternal Padawan
02-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Adam
I think they should stick to classic uniforms and looks for awhile, and when the roster gets a little thin they can start giving us the more recent costumes.

Ahhhhh...brown and tan Wolvie.
U.S. Agent.
Joe Fixit.
Red and Silver Iron man
Classic Green Swimtrunks Namor (or maybe him in a three piece as the head of Oracle Inc. ;) )
Walt Simonson Battle Armor Thor
That wierd mimetic armor DareDevil from Scott McDaniel's run

yeah..that's the ticket.:)

The Overlord Returns
02-11-2003, 11:36 AM
I know I don't want to see a single repaint until all new figure possibilities (within reason) are exhausted.

There's no reason we should get wolverine or Iron man in a different costume before we see a Dr. Strange...or a vision...or Invisible woman for that matter....

aharry
02-11-2003, 11:59 AM
If Phoenix is ever made, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dark Phoenix as a chase figure. My top ten for the moment:
1. Galactus
2. Surfer
3. Dr. Strange
4. Cable
5. Apocalyspe
6. Marvel
7. Bucky
8. Watcher
9. Mephisto
10. Ultron
This list does however change periodically when I remember another character I'd like to see more.

The Overlord Returns
02-11-2003, 12:06 PM
You might want to replace Surfer now that we know he is coming....

Eternal Padawan
02-12-2003, 12:36 PM
Hey, if a Surfer is coming, I want that guy he used to fight with the cape and the fedora and the big saucers on his hands! Talk about obscure!

jjreason
02-14-2003, 07:03 AM
I want the big fat Beyonder from Secret Wars II - when he's on his pleasure yacht with like 10 hotties rubbing him down. He senses one is disgusted with his gut, so he goes buff again with a snap of the fingers! Secret Wars II sucked.

Hawkeye
Vision
Cyclops
Phoenix
Invisible Woman
Green Goblin
Mysterio
Kingpin
Nightcrawler
Loki

Man, they've got lots to choose from. At least one villain should drop with each wave, though. Seriously.

Eternal Padawan
02-14-2003, 09:11 AM
I also want Vault Guardsmen in their funky green armor. Then you could buy multiples and have them guarding...er..the RHINO.

or maybe not. Since TOYBIZ IS FREAKIN' LAX ABOUT GETTIN US SOME PROPER VILLAINS...:mad:

I also want to see guys from A.I.M. and HYDRA and Hellfire Club mercs (like the ones on Wolvie's base). And random S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

I want a Taskmaster figure!

I want a Nimrod figure!

I want an "Inferno" Woverine!

I want an Angel with 'real-feel' feathers.

I want an Archangel, too.

My god! I haven't been this excited about a toy line since Star Wars before Hasbro blungeoned it to death!!!!
:D :D

gsr-jedi
02-21-2003, 01:39 AM
I'd like to see:

Cyclops (Jim Lee with the blue & white as a possible variant)
Jean Grey (with Dark Phoenix as a possible variant, to go with Cyclops)
Juggernaut
Apocalypse
Bishop
Sabretooth
Archangel
Colossus
a giant Sentinel
Hawkeye
Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Moon Knight
Deadpool (my number one choice)
Shatterstar
War Machine
Thanos
Darkhawk
Nightcrawler
Carnage (for Spider-Man Classics line)
The Ultimates team

Eternal Padawan
02-26-2003, 08:37 AM
I guess in the new Toyfare, they had a poll about which Marvel Legend they'd like to see next and Hawkeye rolled over everyone else.

C'mon Toybiz! I KNOW you guys read Toyfare. Hasbro doesn't, but you guys do...

jjreason
02-26-2003, 11:06 AM
Hmmmmmmm. Sounds like Avengers fans have multiplied mightily since I was a young'n. Man, when Marvels were 75 cents I didn't know ANYONE who bought that rag. It was a joke. Nowadays it's the "big thing" all "Big Names" and "Flashy Costumes".... bah humbug. Seriously - who in their right mind wanted to read about "Tigra" and "Wonderman" getting cozy for 32 pages?:D

A Hawkeye figure would be a good choice. One of my favourite costumes as a kid, and potential for some good poses with the bow.

EP - I agree with needing "lackeys" one hundred percent. The Hellfire Club drone would be so perfect....I'd buy a boxed set of lackeys. Bring em on!

aharry
03-05-2003, 11:13 PM
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but does anybody know the release dates for series 4 and 5?

Eternal Padawan
03-06-2003, 05:07 PM
I'm not expecting wave 4 around here until April at the earliest, and even then, I won't expect to get a hold of them until May.

And then wave 5 will hit around July/August...

jpak001
07-11-2003, 03:13 AM
Here's the lineup straight out of an interview with Jesse Falcon (a Sr. Line Managers for Toy Biz).

"Here’s some breaking news for you Legends fans. I’ve been given permission to confirm the Legends V line-up that we will be seeing next week at Comic Con including the "mystery sidekick" figure.
Colossus
Nick Fury
Mr. Fantastic
Red Skull
Blade II
Sabertooth
Silver Surfer with Howard Duck "

Wow, 7 figures in the line now, wonder which one is going to be the chase variant (hopefully none of them..)? All great choices in my opinion, I bet they're going to be awesome! Can't wait to see the pics. The interview also has some great info on the upcoming X-Men & Urban Legends multi-packs, he reveals that ALL the figures will be different (diff headsculpts, paintjobs, access, etc...). That is great news indeed!!! :D :D :D

Check out the interview here:
http://www.aftimes.com/aslu/slu.shtml

evenflow
07-11-2003, 09:54 AM
Well, that is really cool news. Howard the Duck? interesting to say the least. I cant wait to see pictures of them all.

evenflow
07-11-2003, 10:36 AM
I also hope that none of these are chase figures.

187-Maul
07-11-2003, 02:00 PM
can't wait to see pics of the Blade, hope I won't be disappointed :(
from what I've heard he's laser-scanned from Snipes and his motorcycle is included :) hopefully he looks cool so I don't have to get the Marvel Studios 12 inch Blade

edit: ok, here's some more info on the figs

The 5th series is slated to include:

- Blade 2 (will be based off the actor Wesley Snipes using laser-scan technology. He will come with a Motorcycle base)

- Colossus (Look for this metal giant to sport his classic yellow and red outfit. He will come with a detroyed Sentinal base like used with Gambit(ML3) and Magneto(ML2) figures.)

- Mr. Fantastic (The FF leader will come with enterchangeable hands. One hand will be shaped like a mallet and the other will be a wire poseable type hand. His base will be the front pod of the Fantasticar. We can only hope an Invisible Woman figure will be coming soon to round out the Fantastic Four team.)

- Nick Fury (Will come with a Jetpack and steam supports that make him look like he is flying, similar to the Torch's(ML2) and Namor(ML2) bases. Nick will have his classic S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform on.)

- Sabertooth (Look for Wolvies arch-nemesis to be based on his look drawn by Jim Lee. He will also come with a detroyed Sentinal base like Colossus.)

- Red Skull (Will be the chaser figure of the bunch. Look for this one to be in great demand by collectors.)

And (Shown above The Silver Surfer with Howard The Duck)

Look for detailed pictures of all these figures in our upcoming complete coverage of the San Diego Comic Convention this July 17th - 20th.

Also look for complete details on some new classic lines that will be on par with Marvel Legends, Toy Biz is planning for some of your favorite Marvel characters."

and here's a pic of the silver surfer with Howard The Duck, just copy and paste http://afigures.com/g/generated/Marvel/ML5/SilverSurfer__scaled_800.jpg

jpak001
07-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Damn... they had to do it....

Red Skull is one of the figures I was looking forward to the most. It really sucks that we'll most likely have to shell out big $$$ to get him.

Beast
07-11-2003, 11:04 PM
According to Randy from AFTimes, while he'll be a chase figure, he won't be impossible to find. But they really need to stop with the bloody chase figures. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
07-15-2003, 08:49 AM
Well it sucks that there is a chase figure, but I think that Daredevil was the chase figure for Series III, and i see him everywhere. So if they treat the Red Skull like that, then it shouldnt be a problem. I hope anyway.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-15-2003, 09:41 AM
Woohooo!! More X-Men related folks to add to my wall o' X-toys!!! Colussus!!! Sabertooth!!!! GIVE US NIGHTCRAWLER FOR WAVE 6!!!!! PULEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! :D

Beast
07-15-2003, 11:07 AM
Woohooo!! More X-Men related folks to add to my wall o' X-toys!!! Colussus!!! Sabertooth!!!! GIVE US NIGHTCRAWLER FOR WAVE 6!!!!! PULEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! :D
Nightcrawler would be very cool. And he does have an increased popularity due to his inclusion in X-Men 2: Electric Boogaloo. They should do his classic Excalibur 'Swashbuckler' outfit. :)

But remeber that X-Men are being split off into their own line. So there's a better chance we will get more X-Men faster. Supposedly the first wave of X-Men Classics will be revealed at SDCC. Whether that is full figures or just the line-up, is unknown at this point. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aharry
07-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Well it sucks that there is a chase figure, but I think that Daredevil was the chase figure for Series III, and i see him everywhere. So if they treat the Red Skull like that, then it shouldnt be a problem. I hope anyway.
Yeah, there seemed to be more Daredevils on pegs than the rest of the case. It seemed Thor was less frequent than the chase figure. I haven't really sweated the chase figures for this line as they haven't been hard to find, so far away.

The Overlord Returns
07-16-2003, 04:05 PM
Maskless Wolverine was the chase figure for ML 3, not movie daredevil.........

Eternal Padawan
07-16-2003, 05:46 PM
I thought he was talking about the Black/Yellow chase Daredevil From Spidey Classics. They packed those like 1 for every 50,000 cases. I think they made like 12 total. :mad: :p

THe concept of Chase figures sucks. I e-mailed Toybiz's customer service and told them these figures never see the shelf because all the TRU employees break open the cases in the back and divvy up the Goliaths to sell on eBay. I personally know a guy whose brother manages a TRU and they (him and the mgr brother) each got two Goliaths...hmmmmmm. And I wonder why I can never find them. :rolleyes:

Is it so hard to produce these figures in equal quantities? I was looking forward to the Red Skull since they started making Marvel Legends only to find out he'll be an eBay exclusive. :mad:

CHASE FIGURES SUCK.

jpak001
07-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Yeah, they're really going to far with the chase figure thing....

At first it wasn't so bad, just some repaints... no big deal. But to make whole new sculpts chase figures?????? It's just silly that they're doing this......

What really sucks is that I know I'm really going to want the Red Skull, so my bank account is probably really going to have to suffer for it.

Unless they do like they're saying and make this a "common chase" figure..... this concept just doesn't make sense to me..... What's the point of making an easy to find "chase" figure ????

No.... If it's a chase figure, that means it's going to be hard to get, no other way around it.

Beast
07-17-2003, 12:04 AM
Well, the new X-Men Classic Line is already sounding horrible. 2 Wolverines, another Gambit, and Cyclops. Ugh. The Hulk line-up and X-Men 2: Wave 3 sound great. Looks like X-2 wasn't cancelled yet after all. Wish that they would have done better choices for the first wave of it and X-Classic. The news is from AFTimes. :(

TOY BIZ

I guess the biggest news to me is X2: X-men United series III !! Everything I had heard from Toy Biz was that wave II was the end for the movie line. This looks like it may not be….

The figures have not arrived yet but there are place card holders at the Diamond booth for:
Logan
Colossus
Lady Deathstrike
NightCrawler in X-men Uniform

Again no figures displayed yet but here is the rundown of the newly announced X-Men and Hulk Classics lines:

X-MEN CLASSICS Wave 1
Jim Lee Cyclops
Xtreme X-Men Gambit
Tiger Stripe Wolverine
New X-men Frank Quitely shirtless Wolverine

HULK CLASSICS WAVE 1
Abomination
Smart Hulk
Mr. Fixit
Savage Hulk

Here’s a bit of info on Marvel Legends wave V
Wave 5 Legends

Sabretooth

Mr. Fantastic- Blue outfit with black belt boots and gloves. Extra hands- One shaped like a mallet and is a giant hand with bendy fingers. This will attach at the pop-off glove swivel. The “bathtub” fantasticar is his base. Sculpted by Phil Rameriz.

Nick Fury- WITH CIGAR! And a S.H.I.E.L.D. rocket pack is his base. When he’s attacked to the base he is flying.

Blade II- removable glasses, several weapons. Looks like the same headsculpt as the 12” Blade II.

Colossus- In his classic red and yellow outfit. He’ s HUGE! Comes with a trashed Sentinel torso as the base.

Silver Surfer w/Howard the Duck- Same as we sow at Toy Fair, but shinier.

Red Skull (chase)- The head is the “mask” style Red Skull. You can see the fleshy-bits around the eyes. Looks like he in a military dress uniform. Gray pants, black jacket/dublet, black shoes and black gloves.

12” Marvel Studios
X2 Hugh Jackman Wolverine.

Marvel Select
Ultimate Wolverine (sculpt arriving tomorrow)
Classic Green Goblin (recreating the cover of Amazing Spiderman #39) With the unmasked Peter Parker hanging upside down from the glider!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jpak001
07-17-2003, 12:12 AM
Mr Fixit = Sweet!!!! :D :D :D

jjreason
07-17-2003, 12:41 AM
The concepts sound great for the most part, but the rubber meets the road with the finalized packaged figures - not the concepts or the prototypes. I hope they realize the full potential for cool toys here (with these and future releases in these lines).

X2 series 3 sounds pretty great!

I'm seriously hurting waiting for the ML Silver Surfer. I really don't care too much about series IV, maybe once I see them here I'll crack - but Im not going overboard paying too much on ebay or anything that's for sure.

I hope they make the Hulks to scale with the ML Hulk, not the movie Hulk toys.

Eternal Padawan
07-17-2003, 05:23 AM
Or bigger even. Now that the other Legends are coming out, even though Hulk is still big man on campus, he's only slightly taller than Thor, Thing, and Beast (whose bio on the back says he's only 5'11....teehee). Maybe make a 9" Hulk. Abomination sounds sweet. Didn't we already get a Savage Hulk? The original ML Hulk looked pretty savage to me.

And I was thinking again how they should make 12-13" Giant Man, Goliath, Atlas figures, etc. Just use Barbie/Action man size molds with ML articulation. Then I wouldn't be so thumpered about not getting the chase Goliath. As long as the tiny AntMan and Wasp were included again.

What the heck is a tiger stripe Wolverine? Cyclops sounds cool (C'mon JJB, we need a Cyclops figure) but the others sound like rehashes already. Quitely Wolvie? With the chin hair? No thanks. And since I don't know what Gambit's X-treme costume looks like, I can't say for sure, except that I would probably have liked to have seen a true CLASSIC X-Man like Angel, Iceman, Havok, or Nightcrawler before I saw another Gambit. I like Gambit and all, but I like variety more.

The X2 figures haven't really interested me, but I was thinking about making a separate Movie shelf with Spidey, Daredevil, the 12" rotoscoped Hulk, and maybe the New Blade and some X2 figgies. but since I'd need to buy everyone except Daredevil ( and open him on top of that) I can't decide. I'll probably want to do it even more once the Punisher, Fantastic Four, and Iron Man movie figures all hit next year, so I should probably get crackin.

Toybiz should actively pursue getting the rights to ALL comic book figure manufacturing. DC Legends Deathstroke? Image Legends Grifter?

And on a final note ( besides my Chase Figures SUCK closing) is that with all these Classics lines, hopefully retailers will be expanding the Marvel section to accomodate them and that means more pegs for Legends (and offshoot Classic lines). Hooray! At least as much space as those damn Power Rangers at the other end of the aisle that don't sell for crap but still manage to take up 12 feet.

CHASE FIGURES SUCK. ( The figures don't suck, their chase-ness does. Dell Rusk is da bomb.)

Eternal Padawan
07-17-2003, 06:37 AM
I stand corrected. I just got Series 4 in the last couple weeks. So I guess Series V will hit around Christmas time.

On the back of the packaging, they list Black Panther and Dr. Strange by name, yet they have no Legends, so I'm thinking those two should be in Wave 6. And they mention Thunderbolts but none of those have seen the light of day. Hawkeye was a Thunderbolt and an Avenger and he made the top of Toyfare's "I wanna see this Marvel Legend the Most" poll. Then of course, there's the little matter of lack of females in the lineup. Elektra is all alone (Rogue is coming, and I guess WASP maybe if you stretch it, but...) and the Fantastic Four is missing their final team mate, so Invisible Woman should make the short list. Since X-Men and Hulk are getting their own Classic lines, it shortens the list of who might make it into the regular line. We still need a villain. I would say Kingpin, but he's more suited to the Classic Spidey line. next on my list was Thanos. A fan fave and not really suited to go anywhere except the Marvel Legends line.

If they are boosting the number of figures in each wave from 5 to 7 that leaves two empty spaces. I nominate the Vision because he's a classic and he's a visually interesting figure that would jump out at you sitting on the peg. So who could be the last figure? Loki? Would they do two villains? I guess they made Sabretooth and Dell Rusk in wave 5.

BlackBolt? ( Why aren't Inhumans mentioned on the back packaging?)
Moon Knight? ( He's had his own series a couple of times)
Captain Marvel? (Also a solo series regular. AND Marvel's namesake. But which costume?)

So what do you guys think?

jpak001
07-17-2003, 10:31 AM
Heh, they coud do an "all female" wave. That would be sweet! Y'know it's never gonna happen, but man would that be awesome.

After opening the ML Elektra, I've come to the conclusion that she's the best female figure produced to date, hands down!!!

evenflow
07-17-2003, 11:10 AM
Moon Knight would rock. I would really like to see Adam Warlock and Thanos though.

I just wish that the Spider-Man classics line was still in scale and up to the level of the Legends line. After the second wave of Spider-Man, it just doesnt seem the same.

Eternal Padawan
07-17-2003, 01:03 PM
Hands down where?? :eek: Heh heh. I'd put my hands all over Elektra... :evil:

An all girl line up? Who'd be in it?

Invisible Woman
Black Widow
She Hulk
Scarlet Witch
Namorita
Wasp ( Full Size)
Ms Marvel/Carol Danvers/Warbird
Mockingbird
Photon (The former Captain Marvel II)
Crystal
Medusa
Lyja
Madame Masque
Moondragon
Mantis

After you throw out all the X-Chicks, good and evil ( since they'd be in the X-Men Classics line) the pickings start getting slim.

Beast
07-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Julias Marx from AFTimes posted over at Raving Toy Maniac. The Sidekick/Pack-in figure for Marvel Legens VI will be Doop. He's on display at Toy Biz's booth. :eek: :D

http://24.191.192.76:8000/doop.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-17-2003, 05:48 PM
American Dream Comics has their coverage up of the Marvel stuff. Archangel will be the 5th X-Men Classic figure. I wish it would have been regular Angel though. All the X-Figures look great, even New X-Men Wolvie. I still think making another Tiger Stripe Wolvie is rediculous though. But it sorta looks better then the ML one. :p :)

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=2003SDCC/ToyBiz/Marvel&start=0

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
07-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Let it be known that these are all prototypes and there is sure to be improvements up and down the line. That being said, Colossus is the big winner in the "These look freakin' sweet!" contest. Man, I cannot wait!!!

Sabretooth was looking nice, but I kept thinking with all the articulation thse guys have, it would be nice to see him in a crouch or something more menacing than just standing there. These guys have almost 40 points, Toybiz...show them off already!

I seriously hope that those are temporary arms on Red Skull. There's close to no articulation, but since they look like they are dangling off the shoulders, I'm thinking it was a last minute cobbling together and the real arms are still being developed....I hope.

That trenchcoat on Blade is coming off and going onto Frank Castle.

Cyclops, Reed Richards, and Nick Fury all look like they have big heads, but I think that was also noticable on the early Wave 4 pics (especially Gambit), too and they turned out okay, so I'm not worried. I would've liked to have seen Reed's stretchy arms, but this gets me stoked for Invisible Woman and a cool F4 shelf

I liked Cyclops. The Gambit and Wolvie rehashes are feh ( One thought Toybiz: Brown and Tan Wolvie.). Archangel looks sweet except for the wings. I'm thinking they are going to have to tinker with those before he comes out. They are atrocious. Quitely Logan, I think I can live without. Unless I see him in the store and he blows me away, this will be the first Legend I skip.

The Hulks look nice. I hope those eyeglasses are removable. Who thinks Joe Fixit will get redecoed with a bald head and become a Kingpin down the road. I'm especially excited to see Abomination. Who thinks they burned out the Classic Hulk line by releasing all the Hulk variations right off the bat? How about one Hulk and a few baddies per wave? Like the Leader? Or Crusher Creel? And if were getting the Smart Hulk, does that mean Pantheon figures down the road? Probably not, but that'd be sweet on toast.

And who the heck is Doop gonna come with in Wave 6? This opens up a whole can of worms of releasing "little" figures with bigger ones. Is Franklin Richards coming packed with his mom? Will Lockheed come with Shadowcat? How many X-Babies can you think of! Oooh! ooh! Baby Nathan Summers with a Cable Soldier X figure!!!

Anyway, the only thing that sucks about these figures is me having to wait six months to find them and play with them. And also having Red Skull as the Chase Figure...CAUSE CHASE FIGURES SUCK.

jpak001
07-17-2003, 07:45 PM
Heh, well in Elektras case, I guess I should say "hands anywhere" LOL!!

Out of your list, I think they should make these ones:

Invisible Woman
Black Widow
Scarlet Witch
Wasp ( Full Size)
Ms Marvel/Carol Danvers/Warbird

Yep, 5 figures. I'll take as many that they make, but really liked the fact that Marvel Legends didn't release a million figures in each wave when it started. Now we have 7 ML + X-Men, Hulk, & Spider-Man Classics to hunt down.

Let's cut back a little ToyBiz, too much saturation could ruin a good thing!

jpak001
07-18-2003, 02:01 AM
I think they all look pretty cool. The Yellow Wolvie is kinda unnecessary but it does look like he might be shorter & have more articulation. It looks like they used the exact same flimsy, soft claws as the ML ver (the only flaw in that fig IMO). Since they're re-doing him, they really should have given him some stiff claws (like the New X-Men Wolvie appears to have).

And agreed on the Red Skull's arms..... Hopefully that'll change before production (wouldn't count on that though). I notice he appears to have Dr. Dooms gun too. I wonder if his hat is removeable?

Over all though, I'm looking forward to getting all of these figures. They look great in these pics!!! Mr Fixit looks awesome! And so Does Nick Fury and the New X-Men Wolvie!! Now we have to wait 6 months or so to get 'em... :(

The Overlord Returns
07-18-2003, 11:40 AM
God these things look great...of course now we have to wait until bloody x mas to get them....

Colossus really is beautiful........so far he, silver surfer, and Nick Fury are the stand outs in the line...

I had heard that Toybiz was going to creat an all new body mould for mr. fantastic, so I think this is just a rushed prototype for the show....

Anyone else feel that Sabretooth is a little...small? Shouldn't he be bigger...??

Also, if they fix arechangel's face sculpt he will be a must have. Couldn't care less about another Yellow wolvie (brown and tan, toybiz!!!!(, however, I'm all about the Quitely version. Hopefully we'll get the entire new x men team.

Cyclops is a pass...it's not the outift I want, and I hope they'll produce the skull cap version in this line, or in Marvel legends.....

The Savge Hulk is perfect...I'm glad I missed out on the first ML version now...this is a vast improvement.

All in all...another triumph for Marvel legends....

jpak001
07-18-2003, 12:59 PM
Heres some a Marvel Legends update from AFTimes:

"There will be at least *one* Punisher movie figure,
and it will probably appear in Marvel Legends just
like Blade 2 and the Ben Affleck Daredevil. That will
more than likely be the only Punisher movie figure we
see.

Marvel Legends will be bumped up to three assortments
a year. Woo-Hoo! Jesse will have two waves of Marvel
Legends on display at next year's Toy Fair, along with
two new boxed sets. Let the speculation begin.

Invisible Woman *will* happen.

Silver Surfer's base *is* wall mountable! It tilts on
a 360 degree angle. Jesse isn't sure yet if Mr.
Fantastic's base will be wall mountable or not.

Doop will be the sidekick in Series 6. Jesse wouldn't
tell me which figure he'll be packaged in.

Roto, large scaled figures for Marvel Legends?
Possibly. In fact, one's been manufactured.

Jesse says that Red Skull will be easier to find then
Gold Iron Man. He doesn't like the idea of chase
figures, either, but this is the only way we'll get a
Red Skull. He *is* a Nazi, you know. The retailers
are the ones who keep requesting chase figures, and as
long as they're the ones doing the ordering, we're
going to continue to get'em. "

Some good news here! We'll be getting an Invisble Woman (I'm sure we all saw that one coming). Large scaled Roto figures scaled for ML????? AWESOME!!!! I'm praying for Galactus, that would be a dream come true! Hey if they were doing that, they should've held off on the Goliath and did a big roto version IMO!

evenflow
07-19-2003, 02:49 PM
Colossus is amazing. I like him the best. It was really cool to see the Grey Hulk too.

jpak001
07-19-2003, 09:29 PM
Y'know, I've been thinking about Jesse Falcons statement that Red Skull is going to be a chase figure b/c he's a Nazi. That's total BS.......

If the figure was truly offensive, they wouldn't be able to sell him at big chains at all, not just in lower quantities... Not to mention the fact that if you cruise into the 12" GI-Joe aisle you'll find Nazi's all over the place (Most toy stores have this section right next to the regular action figures too).

This excuse just doesn't make sense (also doesn't apply to any of the other chase figures)... So what's the real reason for chase figures? :confused:

Beast
07-21-2003, 11:15 AM
Ok, the Marvel Legends X-Men Boxset officially rocks. Hope they fix Rogue's eye before it's released though. But all the figures look great. And it's nice to see that the Rogue in the box, isn't the same barely-poseable figure that was pictured in the mock-ups. I'm sure the body is stolen from someone, but it looks great. And the real selling point, well for me anyway, is Beast with his glasses and labcoat. I tossed an attachment on, but feel free to check out the bigger pictures at the link. :D

Marvel Legends X-Men 5-Pack (http://www.americandreamcomics.com/index.php?itemid=1625&catid=23)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jpak001
07-21-2003, 12:51 PM
Very sweet!!!

The X-men set IS awesome, can't wait to score it. They also have pics of the urban legends box set. Looks very cool too!

btw: The new Spider-Man classics Daredevil & Kraven figures are out, I found 'em at Target yesterday. Very awesome figures, definitely on par with the Marvel Legends. The Kraven appears to have the same body as the ML Namor figure, just a different paint job, head, vest, and accessories. He comes with 2 knives along with that lame looking crossbow-thing(?). Both are very impressive looking figures, definitely a step up for Spider-Man Cassics!

I'll try to post a few pics later (if my camera is working :dead: )

Beast
07-21-2003, 12:55 PM
Very sweet!!!
The X-men set IS awesome, can't wait to score it. They also have pics of the urban legends box set. Looks very cool too!
I guess I put it in the wrong thread, I didn't check to see if this was the one I mentioned the boxset before or not. Apperantly it's not. I wonder with the Urban Legends box, if it's just gonna be 4 figures, or will there be a 5th as well, that's yet to be revealed. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
07-21-2003, 02:00 PM
The box set looks really cool. I am still not going to pick up any of the other regular assortment figures. Maybe Wolverine so i have a masked version. But I am happy with the rest from the box set.

jpak001
07-22-2003, 12:45 AM
New Daredevil & Kraven figures

Well.... i don't know if this is really the right place to post the pics, but I consider all the ToyBiz "classics" lines to be basicaly extensions of Marvel Legends.... so the heck with it!

Sorry about the crappy pic quality..... :(

jpak001
07-22-2003, 12:49 AM
Here's Kraven:

EDIT: Didn't realize the horrible the quality of this pic... You can't really see it here but his face is extremely detailed, looks great in person!

jpak001
07-22-2003, 12:55 AM
Last one here is a little better quality (I think?). A comparison shot of all three Classics/Legends Daredevils:

Beast
07-22-2003, 01:05 AM
Nice pictures. I think the general consensus was that Spider-Man's line doesn't live up the Legend status due to the articulation. And also some of the terrible choices for figures, like Manga Spidey. :)

*psst* BTW jpak001. You can attach more then one picture a post now. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
07-22-2003, 10:02 AM
Daredevil looks pretty good. If i see Kraven i will ick him up.

jpak001
07-22-2003, 10:30 AM
*psst* BTW jpak001. You can attach more then one picture a post now. :D[JarJarBinks

Oh wow, I didn't even realize that. Thanks for giving me the heads-up on that JarJar!

Beast
10-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Well, here's the pack-out ration for Marvel Legends V according to Entertainment Earth. Not that bad, but the 1 per case Mr. Fantastic and Nick Fury is going to hurt things. Though they are less intresting then the other figures in the line. Though I think they should have dropped Blade down to 2 per case and popped Mr. Fantastic up to 2 per case. I assume the 3rd Blade will be who they drop out for the chase, Red Skull figure. :)

Marvel Legends Series 5 Case

Toy Biz announces the fifth series of Marvel Legends 6 inch action figures, each with a comic included. This case of 12 individually packaged action figures may includes:

3x Colossus
3x Blade II (Movie Figure)
2x SabreTooth
2x Silver Surfer
1x Mr. fantastic
1x Nick Fury

QUANTITIES AND FIGURE MIX IS LIKELY TO CHANGE
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
10-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Well I think I actually want all of the figures in this assortment. I really want a Red SKull though. I hope he is not too hard to find. I think that if he was included at 1 per case it would not be that bad.

jpak001
10-01-2003, 08:59 PM
I want all of 'em too. I hate to complain, but I'm pretty chapped about the red skull chase thing.... :mad: ToyBiz said the Goliath chase wouldn't be hard to get, and that just isn't true... I've never seen one in person, not even at Frank-n-Sons :rolleyes: So to me, it's a very bad sign for the Red Skull (especially since he's a pretty popular & heavily requested character) :cry:

Marvel Legends lacks villians, and the last thing they needed to do was make one into a "chase variant" (I despise the "chase variant" concept if you couldn't tell ;) ). They could've dropped a 3rd Blade or Colossus and slammed him in there at 1 per case. Or better yet, just save him for the next assortment (7 figs is too big of an asst IMO).

Ah well...... I guess it's my fault for trying to be a completist with this line :stupid:

Thanks for the info JarJar! :D

LTBasker
10-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Sweet, all I want is Sabretooth, Blade and Colossus. Those DareDevils, which of the two red is the Spider-Man classics with the window that also came with the ML DD?

jjreason
10-01-2003, 11:35 PM
Well I do like the looks of Kraven which is good news. I passed on Morbius, and that whole selection when it first showed up here (within the past couple of weeks - you guys are way ahead). I don't think I'll get Daredevil, Im happy with the movie version.

Beast
11-06-2003, 04:16 AM
Heads up, true believers. Marvel Legends Series V are starting to turn up. Someone from Spokane, Washington found them at their local Wally World. Located Silver Surfer, Colossus, and Sabretooth. Said that they also had Nick Fury and Mr. Fantastic. But he didn't see any blade figures. He also found the chase Red Skull, and it sucks folks. So don't feel bad if you can't find them. But they are turning up, and here's the proof. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dr Zoltar
11-06-2003, 01:41 PM
I saw a few of these figs at Wal-Mart yesterday. Mr. Fantasic was by far the best sculpt and looked, well, fantastic! I didn't see any Nick Furys, Blades, or the Red Skull chase figure. And why in the world is the Silver Surfer packed with Howard the Duck?

evenflow
11-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Very cool, wish I would have found them. I usually only buy the ones i like, this series, I must buy them all. I really need to find the Red Skull.

jjreason
11-08-2003, 06:33 PM
Ugh, this is killing me! We're getting friggin' Magneto at our Walmart, and you're already getting the Surfer wave. Maybe time for a little poke around ebay.....

evenflow
11-09-2003, 01:56 PM
Well I have been out searching, no luck on my parrt. Nothing is out there. I took a check on ebay just to see the figures, no one seems to have Blade for sale. Kind of odd?

Beast
11-09-2003, 02:06 PM
Maybe he's going to be a late addition to the cases, like the Movie Daredevil figure was. Would make sense, since they're both movie figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
11-09-2003, 02:10 PM
I love the Blade movie films, and I'm eagerly seeking his figure. From what I've read, the Blade figure is only being found in the UK.

AT-AT Man
11-10-2003, 05:50 AM
man these figs look awesome, i hope Blades not an exclusive to the UK. But i'll definatley be picking up the majority of these figs ie. Surfer, Collossus, Mr. Fantastic, Sabertooth, and Blade. The others i could care less about.

Well now the speculation begins on line-up number 6. Any ideas. I thought there was a thread on that issue before, but i'm not sure.

James Boba Fettfield
11-10-2003, 07:12 AM
I didn't mean to imply Blade was a UK exclusive or anything. I'm very sure he's coming to the US, if he hasn't already, but right now all reports of him being seen in stores have been out of the UK, unless things have changed since yesterday morning.

AT-AT Man
11-10-2003, 05:37 PM
ok my fault, misread it. Buti'll be going out tomorow to search for these babies.

evenflow
11-11-2003, 11:34 AM
Maybe he's going to be a late addition to the cases, like the Movie Daredevil figure was. Would make sense, since they're both movie figures. :)

Jar Jar Binks

Makes sense. I hope you are right.

I went out again, no luck.

jjreason
11-11-2003, 04:25 PM
They're popping up on ebay. Bide your time, southern ones. They'll be everywhere soon enough. We on the other hand, will be lucky to have them by NEXT Christmas.

Beast
11-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Ok, Action-Figure.com did some investigating. Wal-Mart wanted the cases before Thanksgiving. And Blade was taking extra time to finish. So Wal-Mart used some pressure to get their cases early, without Blade. The other stores should start getting theirs in a week or so. And Blade has supposedly shown up in some Wal-Marts. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
11-11-2003, 06:35 PM
ok, so this means that i should be shopping at Wal Mart to find these, or would Target have them as well.

Beast
11-11-2003, 06:39 PM
It sounds like Wal-Mart is getting them now, and other stores should have them before the end of the month. Ladies and Gentlemen, absolute proof of the power of Wal-Mart. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
11-11-2003, 06:41 PM
ok, well i'll be hitting Wal Mart tomorow.

evenflow
11-11-2003, 09:21 PM
Now only if there was a walmart near me.

QLD
11-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Well, I am going to hit my Wal-Mart on the way home tonight. Hopefully they have some of these bad boys, but Atlanta is usually fairly slow on the draw.

Between new McFarlane, Halo, and ML, I am in trouble right now!

AT-AT Man
11-25-2003, 05:48 AM
well folks, i found them at wal mart, excluding Blade and Red Skull, but i only had enough money for one, so bought one, Colossus.

QLD
11-25-2003, 01:21 PM
I have found them all at Wal-Marts here in GA except for Mr. Fantastic and Red Skull.

I haven't had a chance to open Nick Fury, Blade, or Silver Surfer yet, but I can't wait to tonight. Hopefully I can find Reed Richards tonight!

James Boba Fettfield
11-25-2003, 03:16 PM
LIMP, let me know about the Blade figure and all of his greatness.

One quick question about those figures, how much do they cost at Wal Mart? I've never bought figs from this line, so I'm curious what a store like Wal Mart charges.

QLD
11-26-2003, 01:09 AM
Well.....I thought Blade was going to be good.

I was trying to lower his arm to his side, and it snapped. Apparantly, he has ball jointed shoulders, but he can't lower his arms. They are stuck sticking straight out from his body. VERY lame. Not to mention that the arm snapped with very little pressure. Also, his neck is VERY long. Way too long for his body. otherwise he looks great, but I am pretty disappointed in this figure.

James Boba Fettfield
11-26-2003, 05:52 AM
That's good reason for me to keep this one packaged then. Thanks for the info, LIMP.

plasticfetish
12-02-2003, 12:52 AM
Spotted Silver Surfer, Collossus, Mr. Fantastic and Sabertooth at Walmart this morning. The Surfer's head is really weird, I'm no into it. I wanted to see Mr. Fantastic and maybe pick one up to go with my Doc Doom figure, but I'm not too fond of that head sculpt. Something weird about it (I dunno, I may change my mind, the arms are cool.) Collossus looked the best ... a nice job there.

What I really want is the Red Skull!!! Anyone find one yet?

QLD
12-04-2003, 02:43 PM
Amazingly, I went by a Wal-Mart....and they only had one ML5 figure on the shelves with a ton of ML4 figures. And that one figure happened to be Red SKull!!! MOh my christ...this has to be the first variant I have ever found at retail. I can't believe it was just sitting there!

Here are some links to the pictures I just took.

http://hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=e59a1b9a-4863-4a9c-433d-19231d3e1f5f&size=lg

http://hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=490b468c-7d88-136e-7301-3601146a462a&size=lg

http://hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=23803e02-6b25-59f6-23c4-705a5ddb76c6&size=lg

Beast
12-04-2003, 03:01 PM
Congrats LIMP! Nice find there, even if the figure is pretty bad. He's still a chase figure, and nice for fans of old Red head. Thankfully I only collect X-Men characters, so I'm not really intrested in finding one. Only one I would really care to own would be Maskless Wolverine. But no way in hell I'd pay $500 for the ultra rare chase figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
12-04-2003, 03:32 PM
...even if the figure is pretty bad.
You mean bad meaning bad or bad meaning good?

-----

Oooh! I must have him! Nice score Limp.
I must have one to create that "Super-Villain Team-Up" on my desk. Dr. Doom versus the worlds Mightiest Master of Menace ... The Red Skull!

Oh man, it's all over if I find that. I'll have to go get Cap. America and Namor next. Oof!

Beast
12-04-2003, 03:36 PM
Bad meaning bad, since he's built out of old figures. And only has 18 points of articulation. But he's an ok figure, just a shame they really cheaped him, when he should have been a new sculpt with some real detail put into him. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2003, 03:49 PM
I think you're just jealous that LIMP found it and you didn't find it, JJB! :crazed:
hehehehhehehe
I got Colossus and Sabertooth; both are delightful. If only i could find the motivation to finish giving my Wolvie metal claws, i could set up Sabertooth and him. :D (nerd'o meter rising)

plasticfetish
12-04-2003, 04:09 PM
...when he should have been a new sculpt with some real detail put into him.
This is true ... so what is he? Professor X's arms and Daredevil's legs w/ the Cap America base ... errr, basicly? I suppose they didn't want to put too much energy into building a Nazi bad guy figure. (No Cosmic Cube either ... gee, that wouldn't have taken too much effort.)

But, he is ... THE RED SKULL!
(And I'll probably never find him anyway, so ... eh.)

QLD
12-04-2003, 05:21 PM
Honestly, I don't think it's too bad of a figure. The only articulation I miss is the ball jointed shouders and legs, which is important, but I can live. All of his other parts are pretty well articulated.

I set him and Captain America up in a battle to the death, and it turned out pretty good.

jjreason
12-20-2003, 12:10 AM
I got Reed and Silver Surfer today, and will concur with the oddness of the head sculpts. Norrin has a tiny pin head, and Reed looks like he's sucking in his cheeks. The Silver Surfer figure doesn't stand very well, and it's way worse trying to get him to surf. The Reed figure won't dream of standing with the long arms in. I did like the Fantasticar base though. Very nice.

Im not impressed with the shoulders on these guys. The Surfer's ball joint shoulder on one side doesn't sit quite right, making him look like his one deltoid muscle is hyper-developed. I've given him a pose that minimizes the weird appearance.

All in all, Im a little worried that the quality control is lapsing a little bit. These 2 just don't compare well at all to Iron Man and Cap. Still looking forward to adding Colossus and Sabretooth to the set when I can.

Jar Jar, can't you get the maskless Wolvie cheap from the X-Men boxed set?

Beast
12-20-2003, 12:27 AM
Jar Jar, can't you get the maskless Wolvie cheap from the X-Men boxed set?
Yes, and I plan to. But the headsculpt is still different then the basic ML 3 Maskless Wolverine, that's all I'm saying. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks