PDA

View Full Version : R2-D2: Necissary Re-sculpts

Beast
11-21-2001, 02:52 PM
Today we continue with everyone's favorite lil astromech, R2-D2. Now, I need to clear up, while I did use the term re-sculpt in the header, most of these are very different and would be what I consider, all new versions of him. Again this is the original trilogy only. Be sure to post your ideas and comments on mine.So let's go.

ANH:
R2-D2: Trench Battle Damage

ESB:
R2-D2: Dagobah (w/power charger)

ROTJ:
R2-D2: Jabba's Bartender (w/ Drink tray)
R2-D2: Bunker damage (w/ all his doors and ports open)

That's all I can think of for the 3 movies, I'm suprised that the Dagobah version, as well as the bartender haven't been made yet. I figure that with all the doors and such open, the bunker damage one would have to be deluxe.

The best of both worlds for the bartender R2 is for it to have a removable tray and a pop up lightsaber hilt. Hell, don't even make it firing so that ya don't have to make the saber ignited (not to mention the insane oversized middle leg). Just turn his head and the hilt pops up out of a hole that opens in his dome.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
11-21-2001, 03:45 PM
I don't think that many R2's are necessary. I think just one, that comes with a drink tray, and a majority of his gizmos, is more than enough.

Besides, I'm grateful that we have the Holo Leia R2, I don't think another R2 after that will do him justice.

xboywonder
11-21-2001, 04:12 PM
I have to agree there are already so many R2's. I really think that Hasbro should move on to more astromechs that have yet to see plastic.

Jayspawn
11-21-2001, 05:04 PM
I agree with Wolfwood319. I think the only R2 that should be redone is lighsaber launching R2 w/ tumor middle leg.

GNT
11-22-2001, 03:43 AM
The only r2s I'd like to see are:

R2-D2 -Bartender with tray and 2 drinking cups

and

R2-D2 - Ewok Capture w/Ewok,R2 is trapped in that wood box thing w/ the straps and the ewok would come with an axe to cut the strap!

Obi-Don
11-22-2001, 06:53 AM
Even though I love R2.I would like to see other ones made as well.The tray R2 would be nice.

LTBasker
11-23-2001, 01:05 AM
A deluxe pack would be good, like R2 with trench damage with interchangable heads (one battle damaged and the other as a regular one) and a rebel technician with repair tools and a droid re-energizer piece. (Even if there wasn't a piece like that, it would be cool to have.)

The Jabba's Barge R2 would be good as a deluxe, with a removable lightsaber hilt from a compartment in his head that has a mini-hinge type of thing so you can lift it up and put it back down for normal R2, plus the hilt wouldn't need to eject, therefore it wouldn't need the blade for the hazard stuff (Hope ya don't mind if I throw your idea in there with it, JJB) and R2 could come with maybe a resculpt of Ree-Yees?

GNT
11-23-2001, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
and R2 could come with maybe a resculpt of Ree-Yees?

Why a resculpt of Ree-Yees when they still need to make more Sail Barge characters?

LTBasker
11-24-2001, 01:33 PM
Because that way the people who wanted Ree-Yees could get possibly a better resculpted Ree-Yees, plus I know he was on the Sail Barge, 'course it doesn't have to be him, it could be another of his species.

Sith Worm
11-24-2001, 01:53 PM
I agree with uh...
...Jar Jar (never thought I would say that) about the drinks tray got to have that come on it would be great Hasbro I think we should start this in the dear Hasbro section. And the light saber R2 come on what A piece of junk...

stillakid
11-24-2001, 05:24 PM
There's no reason in the world that they couldn't make just one version of R2 that does all of those things...aside from a profit motive of course. Toy technology has advanced to the point where all of his little arms and stuff could be fit inside and the extraneous accessories can be included in the package. It's not out of the question, but it'll never happen. Given the choice, I'd much rather see the countless other aliens and droids committed to plastic than to see a tired parade of resculpts.

How about a Bucket O' Droids! (remember ;) )

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 09:49 AM
A third candidate for the Deluxe Movie figures would be an all in one R2-D2 with pop up attachments, lightsaber hilt, drink tray, and sound chip.

JEDIpartner
03-22-2002, 09:56 AM
Well... I think the one we are getting for AOTC is not the greatest. I would like to see one that is a little more accurate... wasn't THAT crazy about the holo Leia one. It didn't look completely right.

We DO need an Artoo with all the "bells and whistles" so-to-speak...

Turbowars
03-22-2002, 09:32 PM
There's no reason that Hasbro can't give us a R2 with all the bells and whistles, just look at FX-7! Heck they could barrow some of his arms to put them on R2. R2 with tray is a must. They made a 12" why not a 3.75". Frist we still need a sail barge to put him on. I would go for more R2's, R3's, R4'2, R5's units and how about a R1

Jayspawn
03-23-2002, 11:27 AM
R2-D2 w/ drink tray definatly needs to be made. A few of the other ones would be neat, but the drink tray is a must!

Bring it on Hasbro!

mark2d2
03-24-2002, 07:09 AM
R2D2 with the drink tray is a must have! Frankly, with Hasbro's penchant for resculpts, I'm amazed that it hasn't already been done. (Removable Glasses please! And fill him up! Give 'em all four.)

As for the others some of you have suggested, well, okay, I'm a sucker for R2. So I'd definitely jump at the chance to own a R2D2 (Tie Fighter Damage) Ah, heck, give me a R2D2 (Blasted by Stormtrooper!) as well and be done with it.

And uh, maybe we could also have a R2D2 (R5D4 disguise.) This figure could...ah...basically just be R5D4, but we'd all...uh...know that it was R2D2. Yeah, I...uh...think that'd be cool. Thanks.