PDA

View Full Version : Droideka Launcher

Darth Sidious
07-13-2003, 10:49 AM
This is my review for the Droideka Launcher I got for my birthday today.

DROIDEKA FIGURE-
Ok, well, as with many of the army building sets, the figure is not of the greatest quality, but it is great for dioramas and army enhancement. The articulation is only in the upper legs, shoulders, and head, but when you think about it, that's all that is necessary. They were never exactly in a bunch of ornate poses in the movies. The paint job gets the job done but it is not as good as that of the SAGA Droideka or the original TPM Droideka. However, the sculpt is good, aside from the guns being turned the wrong way. I am almost starting to take a liking to that though. :D I love the heads of all of the new Droidekas, including this one. I like how the head is sticking out straight, making an obtuse angle with the rest of the head. (Unlike the first Droideka who appeared to be looking at the floor.) The extra-long middle sensor is really cool too. These new Droidekas do look a lot scarier. If I had bought this figure as a single basic I'd give it about a 5 or 6/10, but we need to take these figures for what they are-army builders. In that case, I give him a 7.5/10, because he looks fine with an army of other Droidekas.

ROLL-UP DROIDEKA AND LAUNCHER-

The roll up Droideka that came with it is pretty cool, it is all one piece and can not be opened, but when you look at it you can almost imagine it rolling along a battlefield. It looks really nice beside my other four Droidekas. They even managed to paint it some which is quite admirable, considering its rather awkward shape in the rolled form. As for the launcher, I found its appearance really humorous, in a good way. :D They put a pattern that looks like an overhead view of a big Droideka head on top of it. I just found it kind of funny, it's like saying "Droidekas are in this." :D As for the launching, you stick the rolled up Droideka in it the whole way and it will press in on some fabric until the fabric becomes taut. Then you pull the fabric out the back by a tab and it thrusts forward, pushing the little Droideka out. He then goes rolling along the floor, and what's really nice is that he actually rolls very well. He sort of veers to the left or the right too, and leans to the side and bounces a little while rolling. This, in my opinion, looks and sounds extremely movie accurate. It's one of the few "gimmicks" that Hasbro has made pretty cool. The launcher could also be used as a piece of background machinery in a diorama. I give this part a 9/10. Some of you may say that's a bit high, but consider the price-$10 for two figures (If you include the rolled Droideka), and a launcher that REALLY works. Not too bad if you ask me.

Overall, I give this piece an 8/10, and I highly recommend it to Droideka fans. Droidekas are always fun figures, and the rolling makes it even more fun still. :)

Oh, if anyone has any more questions, please ask. :)

stillakid
07-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Oh, if anyone has any more questions, please ask. :)

What is the capital of Sumeria?