PDA

View Full Version : How do you want to see the Millennium Falcon retooled for the 21st Century?

Tycho
07-14-2003, 02:13 PM
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

For 24 years it has been re-boxed.

"You re-packaged that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

"Yeah well this baby's still got a few surprises left in her, Sweetheart!"

"This bucket of bolts will never suffice it for the modern line!"

"Watch your mouth, or you'll find yourself empty handed at Wal*Mart and driving home alone!"

So is it "a piece of junk?" Or is it time for the Millennium Falcon to get an update?

"It's going to cost you - all in advance."

Be mindful of economics - a real living force. But vote now!

How do you want to see the Millennium Falcon retooled for the 21st Century?

JediBoulton
07-14-2003, 02:44 PM
We know it can be done. We have seen the X-wing Fighter redone after many years of "begging." The Falcon is, and did in my youth, provide a great play arena for all my figures.

However -- Times are changing and I want the whole thing!!

First off -- the 4 person cockpit would be GREAT!! -- I guess means that they will need to also make the following:
Pilot Han
Pilot Chewy
Pilot Luke
Pilot Ben Kenobi

Then we'll need Pilot Lando, Pilot Leia, and Pilot Nien Numb to finish it off.

More interior room -- lets have the chess game and the lightsaber practice go on at once -- and bring back the little trainning ball!!

If we cant get the duel gunner post -- lets get a bigger smugglers hold and maybe an area where we can put Han and Chewy fixing the hyperdrive -- not that it needs it or anything :)

Also -- I would like to see an open hatch at the top to where Lando can rescue Bespin Duel Luke -- that would be great!

The price range should be no more than $80 - $90 -- look at how much plastic they wasted on the arena -- and kept that at around $50.

Hasbro can start on this project once we get a new Cloud Car!! :frus:

stillakid
07-14-2003, 03:14 PM
I said resize it, although I would hope that FAO wouldn't get involved and jack up the price beyond $100 bucks.

As is necessary, the retooling must begin with the cockpit. At the very least, we have to be able to fit in the newer modern Chewy. Once that rescale is done, I'm positive that a lift off panel would show enough room for two more bucket seats.

That being done, the newly scaled cockpit would pretty much determine the size of the rest of the thing. Given it's larger size (though I wouldn't anticipate a HUGE change...maybe 10% to 25% bigger than the current one at most), there should be plenty of room for at least one gunner station as well as the standard "hanging out" quarters and smuggling compartments.

The top hatch is a good idea, but a luxury request probably.

Being one of the signature Original Trilogy vehicles, I sincerely doubt that Hasbro would have any trouble selling this as long as it's marked value was justified by a killer exterior sculpt and practical interior play areas.

icatch9
07-14-2003, 03:27 PM
What I think is lost here is size vs retooling. The plastic is the cheapest part about any toy. The expense comes in the tooling and the design, not to mention makeing all those neat little aspects about the Falcon come alive in a 3 3/4" universe.

The arena was so cheap becasue it was a chunch of plastic with very little parts and not to many things attached to it. That's why it was so cheap.

I'd like to see one for under $100 but for everything that is being asked I don't think it's possible. Also, the Falcon wasn't a big seller when it was $50 so who's going to shell out $75+ for it? Ships/playsets in that price range haven't ever sold well. Not even the shuttle (but we all know that was because of FAO). I just don't see it happeneing. I'd rather see 4 new $25 ships than 1 re-tooled $100 ship.

DarthBrandon
07-14-2003, 03:28 PM
What stillakid said, but I'd still like to see the falcon about the size of the ToysRus display one back in around the late 90's. I remember seeing one on E-bay not to long ago. That would be sweet. :D

buchananRC96
07-14-2003, 04:17 PM
I voted for the Resize/resculpt. . .While it would be great to see something for under a $100. I don't think that it is practical.

While we might get a great four seat cockpit I think it would be at the expense of another part of the of the ship. . But maybe key sections of the ship could be designed, and packaged seperately.(I know it's been talked about before in other threads, and of course there is always some resistance: who wouldn't want the whole ship if we could get it, but I'd like to see Hasbro do a section of this ship right then have the whole thing done poorly :mad: )

I know I'd be willing to lay out a $20 to $30 on a redesigned highly detailed 3/4 scale cockpit, or a to scale Falcon "lounge area", with some of the more interesting features like a hyperdrive area or have the gantry leading into this area so that we can have some of the key areas of the ship that is seen in the movies.

Heck for that matter cut the Falcon into four sections and give me some screws so that I could bolt them together and make the whole ship. . .but we already got a LEGO Falcon didn't we . .but the same concept could work!

TheDarthVader
07-14-2003, 05:26 PM
I still do not own a Falcon because they have not made one that I like. They need to re-size it and make it the definitive version. I don't care if it cost $149.99. If it was huge and a perfect sculpt, I would buy it. Without a doubt, they need to make another Falcon. I badly want one. Hasbro could make it to fit four regular figures in the cockpit. They also need to have the removeable "smuggling" pannels that we saw in ANH. That would be cool. They need to make the gunner stations so that one figure could fit in each station. They also need a holoboard and seats. This could be the perfect falcon.

stillakid
07-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Ships/playsets in that price range haven't ever sold well. Not even the shuttle (but we all know that was because of FAO). I just don't see it happeneing. I'd rather see 4 new $25 ships than 1 re-tooled $100 ship.

Which ones are we talking about? The Queen's ship? That sat for one main reason: it came from a movie that most adults abhored. While it remains to be one of the best ships Hasbro has ever created, it lacked a viable market. Some adults (like us) bought it, but the mainstream market...the kids...either wanted it but couldn't afford it, or their parents didn't like the movie and refused to buy it for them.

The AT AT sold very well, didn't it?
The Falcon rerelease was just that...a cheaper rerelease. The AT AT at least offered something new beyond a paint scheme.

On the other hand, the Falcon is one of the most recognizable and memorable (and arguably liked) vehicles from the more liked trilogy. If non-hardcore collectors/Star Wars fans see a kickarse version sitting at TRU for $80, they are more likely to buy it than a ship from a movie they didn't care so much for.

And pieces of the ship? Who would buy that besides us?

Jordashebasics
07-14-2003, 06:30 PM
I haven't had a Falcon myself...
But my brother (now 35) told me that back in the late 70s, he tried to build a Falcon that was to scale with the 3 3/4 figures. It wound up being far too big.
I think I'd consider getting a falcon if there were enough room to have the chess match and the jedi training going at the same time. The two turrets on the top and bottom aren't really needed though.

Tycho
07-14-2003, 07:22 PM
I would just buy the whole ship resized, at whatever FAO charges *cringe* but I was thinking about how you could sectionalize it and still make fun play environments:

1) Cockpit with 4 seats, sounds and lights, connecting tube to crew lounge quarter with chess set, lightsaber training. Underneath anti-personnel blaster used at Hoth.

2) back starboard quarter with entry-way ramp, and smuggling compartments, launching "EU" escape pod per authentic Corellian YT1300 specs, and service repair corridor for scoundrel-smooching. gas mask storage, main computer.

3) back port quarter with top and bottom gun turrets in the front of it (so it's in the center of the fully assembled ship), main engineering sections for emergency repairs (not recommended while in asteroid fields), sub-cargo hold with cargo loading ramp per YT-1300 specs, Han & Chewie's crew quarters.

4) Front port quarter with Lando's rescue hatch, emergency medical bunk for Luke, front manibles with cargo doors, cargo hold, and concussion missle launchers that fire.

I'd like all these features in the first place, but I'd rather just buy the whole ship, rather than have Hasbro panic if a lot of people only buy the cockpit, and the rest of the ship sits in stores, or people wanting to compete their Falcon, can't find the gun stations section. Those kinds of problems.

The best thing is to make the toy 4 exclusives:

TRU gets the cockpit with exclusive Han and Leia (ANH)
Target gets the smugglers' compartments with R2D2 and Obi-Wan (ANH)
WalMart gets engineering with Chewie mechanic and C-3PO (ESB)
KB Toys gets the missle launchers with Luke Bespin, Lando Rescue (ESB)

Lando General, Han Bespin, Leia Hoth, Leia Bespin Escape, Luke Gunner Station, and Nien Numb are all viable alternatives for figures as pack-ins.
Or more detail and NO pack-ins (I'd rather see that to be honest).

stillakid
07-14-2003, 07:32 PM
I would just buy the whole ship resized, at whatever FAO charges *cringe* but I was thinking about how you could sectionalize it and still make fun play environments:

1) Cockpit with 4 seats, sounds and lights, connecting tube to crew lounge quarter with chess set, lightsaber training. Underneath anti-personnel blaster used at Hoth.

2) back starboard quarter with entry-way ramp, and smuggling compartments, launching "EU" escape pod per authentic Corellian YT1300 specs, and service repair corridor for scoundrel-smooching. gas mask storage, main computer.

3) back port quarter with top and bottom gun turrets in the front of it (so it's in the center of the fully assembled ship), main engineering sections for emergency repairs (not recommended while in asteroid fields), sub-cargo hold with cargo loading ramp per YT-1300 specs, Han & Chewie's crew quarters.

4) Front port quarter with Lando's rescue hatch, emergency medical bunk for Luke, front manibles with cargo doors, cargo hold, and concussion missle launchers that fire.

I'd like all these features in the first place, but I'd rather just buy the whole ship, rather than have Hasbro panic if a lot of people only buy the cockpit, and the rest of the ship sits in stores, or people wanting to compete their Falcon, can't find the gun stations section. Those kinds of problems.

The best thing is to make the toy 4 exclusives:

TRU gets the cockpit with exclusive Han and Leia (ANH)
Target gets the smugglers' compartments with R2D2 and Obi-Wan (ANH)
WalMart gets engineering with Chewie mechanic and C-3PO (ESB)
KB Toys gets the missle launchers with Luke Bespin, Lando Rescue (ESB)

Lando General, Han Bespin, Leia Hoth, Leia Bespin Escape, Luke Gunner Station, and Nien Numb are all viable alternatives for figures as pack-ins.
Or more detail and NO pack-ins (I'd rather see that to be honest).

Interesting idea, but what about the seams? Won't the ship look funny with all those pieces hanging together? And what about quality control? That nose section on the Queen's ship was a good idea, except that I had to tear mine apart and then rebuild it just to get it to stay on the way it was meant to. Imagine 4 quandrants of the ships that won't fit together. Yikes! I'd be po'd. But that's just me.

But beyond that, can't you hear the scalpers salivating already at that concept! Just think, if they snatch up all the shortpacked mid-sections, then they'd have collector's eating out of their hands. And what would Brian's Toys charge? That would be worth the frustration to get a laugh out of that one. :D

But I kind of like the idea of pack-ins. If nothing else, two of those Scanning crew guys with their blue box would be good. Maybe one of the fix-it droids that Han has in ESB on Hoth. Or maybe a Mynock or three.

Oh, I just remembered that we'd need Luke's little cot where he goes after getting knocked around by pops.

And, while we're making wish lists, I'd like to see a "hydraulic" entry ramp.

daricksstarwars
07-14-2003, 08:06 PM
There are so many things that have yet to be built that having the falcon redone (although it is the fastest bucket of bolts to make the kessel run), is not something that needs to be done. If we are going to have a really big ship done, how about a 3' super star destroyer or a Death star play set that is big enough to use with the figures. Lets get the ones we havent done yet before we rehash the old!!!!

darthcow
07-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Im with daricksstarwars on this one. Get us some new toys that we don't have already. I can think of a billion things we just flat out need in our collection, More pods ( their cool on dispaly any way ) , A better and bigger death star something that our playsets can hook up with that we already have from the old lines and new lines. Give me one new ship this year from the trilogy and I would be happy... please give me for my one ship this year a " Sailbarge ". My Jabbas tired of sitting looking out his little window and dreaming of riding in the sand. I like the idea of a star destoyer 3Footone is even better, lok at the naboo fighter for store display and your looking at a cool display.. then we could talk scenes to make, darth vader choking people as they board leias ship, all the stormtroopes busting down the door with vader guns, lightsabers and more, but no Hasbro will do something crazy like remake a Twin pod car.

Darth Jax
07-14-2003, 09:45 PM
hasbro has shown a willingness to keep releasing figures that have been done before to ensure that kids will be able to have a luke tatooine or a vader or any of the core characters. why not do the same with the integral ships. recently x-wing was released. shortly tie fighter will be showing up again. soon it'll be time for the falcon again. i have no doubt that we'll see the falcon on sale within the next couple of years.

JediTricks
07-14-2003, 09:49 PM
IMO, we need a new Falcon pretty badly, but $100 is the ceiling for something like this I'm afraid, though if it were modular and each piece were really great, I could see $40 a section for each of the 4 sections.

Let me start by saying that electronics are not vital IMO and should only be put in if it doesn't compromise the rest of the ship (both in design and finance). Here's what I think a new version should have:
4-seat cockpit with opening door leading to corridor corridor leading from cockpit to main hold multiple corridors opening boarding ramp main hold top hatch w/ elevator hidden holds under the deck at least 1 quad laser turret control seat both quads on exterior bunk w/ medical facilities engineering section hidden anti-personnel blaster opening exterior panels to enjoy the actionI'd much rather have a good new version of the Falcon than most other unmade ships. The Millennium Falcon is one of the most iconic ships in Star Wars, yet the current toy is woefully beneath the quality of modern Star Wars toys.

jpak001
07-14-2003, 10:15 PM
Hell, I'm all for a bigger Falcon. I would pay $100 (or possibly more) bucks for one if it was nicely done. ...always dreamed about that.

On that same subject, I would also like to see a bigger AT-AT. If done properly, I think these two would actually sell better than any other new vehicle that hasn't been made.

Another re-size I would like to see would be the Y-wing, but I'm sure that'll never happen......... It's tough enough just to get the current one!

seth_quinn
07-15-2003, 03:00 AM
I'm all for a new one at any price.

I agree with, start by making the cockpit four (swivel) seats and big enough to accommodate the new chewie, then scale the rest of it accordingly from there and pack in as much as possible. given what they did with the naboo starship I don't think a project like this should be a stretch for hasbro. oh, and boo to the sectional idea, at $40 a pop ($120+ total) I don't want any bs with availability, durability at the connection points or ugly seams. make it one piece with lid that comes off the entire top (it can attach with magnets since hasbro has become so fond of them anyway)

there's what? just under two years until the next film and thus large product launch. before then hasbro will most likely be just twitchin' to hit us with a big cash-cow/ low production number exclusive so if it isn't this I bet it's something. as we all know they cater to collectors a bit more on non-movie years. this year we got a new Tie, A-wing and hopefully by the end of the year Sandcrawler. next year can be Cloud Car, Infiltrator and Falcon. anybody not like the sound of that? something new, like a Sailbarge or (Super) Star Destroyer, would be nice for collectors that frequent sites like this one, but I don't think the overall demand would warrant the production numbers vs production cost. another reason the Falcon would be a better choice is for it's recognizability to the non-collector/casual shopper type. in all of sci-fi and modern culture in general, the only ship I might expect to be more readily identifiable to the non-fan would be the Enterprise. these consumers are an important factor, if we learned anything from the shuttle it's that we sure aren't buying them all up ourselves.

here's a far fetched idea, why not make SSG a public company, we can all by stock and use the money the to gain the rights to distribute it ourselves as an online exclusive. I mean really, could we possibly do a worse job than fao?

plasticfetish
07-15-2003, 06:02 AM
First of all ... is FAO Schwarz still in business? Because if they are, I'm sure selling something like a $200 (or more?) giant sized Falcon would completely do them in.

It's a cool idea. It would be great to have a redone more modern version of the Falcon ... they really should have done one the first time around. I'm not exactly sure who they'd be selling it to though. I'd think that the "kids" aren't going to be paying $100+ for it ... and I'm not sure where I would put one if I could afford it. I don't know if you can build and market something like this to a limited number of collectors. It sounds like an extravagant idea. Perhaps the idea of a few detailed sections (that don't necessarily combine to form a whole ship) is more realistic. I'd love a detailed cockpit with lights maybe. I can't see Hasbro spending the money on developing much more given the fact that they seem to be cutting every corner they can quality wise with what we get now.

Even so, I voted that if they can do it well and for under a $100 I'd be interested. It would still have to be first and foremost a great toy.

Trip J
07-15-2003, 09:17 AM
I gladly forked over $125+ for the Shuttle, and would gladly do so again for the Falcon, if they retooled it. I'd actually rather get this than any new ship. i realize that at $100+, it would turn a lot of people off, but I'm almost certain that if it were properly done, it would sell, and sell really well.

Dark Marble
07-15-2003, 09:55 AM
I voted for a redo, but keeping it at around $100. I would love to see a larger size and more detail, but I want it to be a practical toy. A four seat cockpit and a nice detailed back area are just about enough for me. Anything on top of that would be gravy. Bigger sleeker and more play value. That is not asking too much, and I don't think the bank needs to be broken to produce something like that.

If it needs to be a store/on-line exclusive then so be it, because I don't think any of us falcon nuts are going to have any trouble getting it. But there is no way I am going to tell Hasbro that I will buy what ever they make at what ever price point. I think for most when the price point starts going beyond $100 intrest starts to drop. Hasbro has yet to produce anything that needs to be over $100 and I don't want to see the most beloved ship in Star Wars become the most impossible or pricey to get.

Turbowars
07-15-2003, 01:17 PM
But my brother (now 35) told me that back in the late 70s, he tried to build a Falcon that was to scale with the 3 3/4 figures. It wound up being far too big.

**yeah, a to scale Falcon is 55" x 39" a bit big for Hasbro. But I always think back to The GI Joe US Flag. That thing was huge!

Darth Metalmute
07-15-2003, 06:34 PM
I love Tychos' Idea. That would be a great way to build a ship. And for a less costly amount. daricksstarwars makes good point about the seams not fitting together though, (and knowing Hasbro that would happen.
So how about four sections, like Tycho mentioned, that sat inside an gutted ship. A bigger falcon with a four seat cocpit with a removable, snap on top to set the other sections inside. this way you could sell the gutted falcon with cockpit for under forty dollars, because it would have less plastic. Then you could sell four sets, ie chess room, engine room, turret room, and a sick bay with rescue hatch, and place them inside of the gutted ship for twenty bucks a part. This would make the collectors that wanted a retooled ship happy as well as those who just want a ship with a 4 seated cockpit to battle others. Plus those who don't want another falcon would love the playsets, or dioramas, to place/play with there figures. hasbro would therefore not lose any money because collectors will want one or the other or both.

DarthBrandon
07-15-2003, 06:50 PM
So how about four sections, like Tycho mentioned, that sat inside an gutted ship. A bigger falcon with a four seat cocpit with a removable, snap on top to set the other sections inside. this way you could sell the gutted falcon with cockpit for under forty dollars, because it would have less plastic. Then you could sell four sets, ie chess room, engine room, turret room, and a sick bay with rescue hatch, and place them inside of the gutted ship for twenty bucks a part. This would make the collectors that wanted a retooled ship happy as well as those who just want a ship with a 4 seated cockpit to battle others. Plus those who don't want another falcon would love the playsets, or dioramas, to place/play with there figures. hasbro would therefore not lose any money because collectors will want one or the other or both.

Now that's thinking my friend, a very good and wise idea, but as we all know Hasbro could never come up with an idea like that. :D

Love the idea though.

stillakid
07-16-2003, 01:11 AM
I really really really don't get this fascination so many people have with breaking ships into a billion pieces. It's ONE ship. Uno. Ein. Un. ____ One.

Dear Hasbro,

Make it big enough for our figures. Incorporate all the interior stuff possible. Work really really hard to achieve as accurate an exterior sculpt as possible. Do all this and it will sell.

Thanks.

(Had to remove some of the "one" references that had foreign characters due to browser crashes -JT)

JediTricks
07-17-2003, 02:01 AM
Well, part of it is about manufacturing & shipping costs, part of it is a lack of faith in Hasbro's ability to produce a quality toy at that size (as large as the TRU Falcon display piece), part is about being able to get at the various sections beyond just a top lid, and part is about storage, it'd be easier to take apart and store in separate pieces (which is important to fans and kids alike). Oh, and stores would rather stock smaller items than larger ones, so separate pieces would greatly facilitate that.

plasticfetish
07-17-2003, 03:43 AM
Well, part of it is about...
Yeah, I think those about sum it up.

I think in a perfect world, it would be cool to see seperate (scene specific) sections offered at retail that could then slide/snap into a larger body that the "fan club" or even Hasbro (online) might offer.

El Chuxter
07-22-2003, 07:32 PM
I'd like to see it redone, but under $100 if possible. I passed on the Shuttle for the cost.

Sad to say, but the only passable Falcon that's been made for the 3.75" figures is the goofy playset that came with a CD-ROM and resculpt of Gunner Station Han, which fit over a keyboard for some ridiculous game.

JediTricks
07-23-2003, 12:22 AM
BTW, my mom's fiance is a mold-designer for everything from plumbing supplies to NASA equipment, and he pointed out that a mold as large as the outside of the Falcon in this "over $100" design concept would require would be very expensive, incredibly large, and likely require specialty machines to run it due to size. The only other way to reasonably do it at this size in 2 pieces (1 top and 1 bottom) is to vaccu-form, which gives considerably less detail (that's almost certainly how the TRU display piece was made) and has to be made of weaker materials.

stillakid
07-23-2003, 12:25 AM
BTW, my mom's fiance is a mold-designer for everything from plumbing supplies to NASA equipment, and he pointed out to me that a mold as large as just the outside of the Falcon as this "over $100" design would require would be very expensive, incredibly large, and likely require specialty machines to run it due to size. The only other way to reasonably do it at this size is to vaccu-form, which gives considerably less detail (that's almost certainly how the TRU display piece was made) and has to be made of weaker materials.

Yeah, but, who said that the entire exterior needed to be fashioned from one large hunk of plastic? It could be constructed from multiple smaller (more affordable) sections then glued or screwed together. No?

JediTricks
07-23-2003, 12:29 AM
Yeah, but, who said that the entire exterior needed to be fashioned from one large hunk of plastic? It could be constructed from multiple smaller (more affordable) sections then glued or screwed together. No?I was really addressing the issue of not making it in several pieces, an issue you yourself recently posted in this thread about. ;)

Even if the manidbles were made separate from the body, the main body would be too large to mold as 1 piece. The downside there is that the mandibles require a LOT of weight to be held by the body, so making 'em separate pieces would require extra anchoring which would require MORE design and probably take up more interior space.

I still think that a compromise between the 2 sizes (the original and the TRU display piece) is the best option, though I'd probably vote $150 max instead of $100 if it were an option.

stillakid
07-23-2003, 12:33 AM
I was really addressing the issue of not making it in several pieces, an issue you yourself recently posted in this thread about. ;)

You misunderstand me. I don't want to buy a ship in multiple sections (each with a pack-in, etc). I'm merely suggesting that the manufacturing process not be dependent upon spitting out a single large piece which would make the entire project cost prohibitive. Just like the vintage Falcon with the removable rear roof section, and the Queen's Starship with the "click on" nose cone, a new Falcon could certainly be manufactured in smaller, more affordable pieces, and assembled correctly before being stuffed in a cardboard box. :)

P.S. Certainly there seems to be a point of diminishing returns on this idea. Too big, and the cost and functionality suffer. Too small and we have the same "problems" as the vintage mold. That balancing act in the middle is bound to still be too expensive for many collectors and still manage to not be "accurate" enough for others.

I think that to be truly cost efficient and practical, we'd end up with something that looks more like the Playskool version. Remember, the entire scale needs to build from the size of the cockpit. Any other basis for scale would surely result in serious accuracy problems, so, no matter what the price is or the difficulties in production might be, that cockpit is the fulcrum in the design process. All other decisions have to evolve after that size is established.

JediTricks
07-23-2003, 01:03 AM
I myself would sacrfice scale a little (don't go overboard Hasbro!) from the cockpit to the main body. This toy would be pretty massive, I don't think too many people would be able to notice that the cockpit was 15% too big since they can't pick it up and go "whoosh whoosh" with it at this size.

It seems like a complicated issue, but Hasbro should undertake it.

stillakid
07-23-2003, 10:11 AM
go "whoosh whoosh" with it at this size.

For the price, that sound effect should come with it. :D

JediTricks
07-24-2003, 05:24 AM
Ok, I'll send Hasbro some uncompressed WAV files of me going "whoosh whoosh" and they can have "authentic playing sounds!". ;) I still am not for throwing electronics into the fray of this issue though, they have relatively low play value and take up space that could be better used for actual play features like hidden compartments or blast-apart walls (let's face it, the Falcon falls apart sometimes ;)).

stillakid
07-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Ok, I'll send Hasbro some uncompressed WAV files of me going "whoosh whoosh" and they can have "authentic playing sounds!". ;) I still am not for throwing electronics into the fray of this issue though, they have relatively low play value and take up space that could be better used for actual play features like hidden compartments or blast-apart walls (let's face it, the Falcon falls apart sometimes ;)).

Okay, no fx. Can we have fuzzy dice instead?

JediTricks
07-24-2003, 10:52 PM
If you look carefully, the dice appear metallic, not fuzzy. And yes, I'd love to see them in this toy, that'd be a great touch. I guess they were a trade-off for Chewie's bandolier, you never see both on screen together IIRC. :D