PDA

View Full Version : Who Saw SMALLVILLE Last Night?

Tycho
11-21-2001, 04:31 PM
I missed it. Can anyone give me a synopsis please?

This show is so cool. If you don't watch it, it's about the young Clark Kent. And Lana Lang his hopeful girlfriend played by Kristen Kruek is just worth seeing!

JediCole
11-22-2001, 03:24 PM
Got a minute or two?
Okay, here is a detailed synopsis of "last night's" Smallville:
Clark has joined a companion program at a retirement home, reading to the elderly and infirm. It appears that his motivation is in no small part the fact that Lana is also in the program. Clark is assigned to Cassandra, an aged resident of Smallville who is blind (as we later find out, due to the infamous and plot driving meteor shower - no surprise there). She is also proported to be possessed of the power to divine one's future, though Clark and his buddy doubt this until casual contact reveals that his friend has locked his keys in his car (Cassandra points out that it is a long walk home, hence his discovery). The seeds of Clarks becoming a believer are sown, and take root when Cassandra takes his hand and has a vision that, "Someone close to you is going to die. And soon!".
Meanwhile, Lana is taking an elderly man in a wheelchair for a stroll out by the koi pond. He seems to be quite knowledgeable about her family tree and Smallville history. He sends her back to his room for a sweater as an excuse to sneak a smoke. Dropping his lighter facilitates his eventual tumble into the (you guessed it) Kryptonite laden pond. Energized by blue lightning he emerges reborn to his youthful self (the "Kick the Can" episode for Smallville).
Clark has now begun to keep a close eye on everyone he cares about in town, including Lex, fearing the inevitable demise of one of them and hopeful to prevent that outcome. Lex is curious about Cassandra, but disbelieving. Ma and Pa are equally dismissive but Clark remains obsessed. Lana soon reveals remorse at losing her old person as the whole gang convenes at the coffee shop. The youthful persona of her missing charge just happens to be in attendance, trying to make sense of the Latte and Cappachino laden menu while requesting a "regular coffee". He meets Clark and company and awkwardly trys to converse with them with antiquated phrases from his own (first) youth.
Anyway, as the story progresses, we discover that our intreped old man turned vibrant teen was once a murderer (in his original youth). In classic pulp style, he was a brilliant musician who stood to attend the prestigious (and now defunct) Metropolis Conservatory. Sadly his music teacher recommended another student, so he turned to revenge and murder (his dreams killed, he would kill the dreams of others). Now, given a new lease on life, he turns up at the home of the son of one who slighted him in the past (the father now dead) and subsequently murders the man (continuing his quest to murder the dreams of his enemies).
At some point Lana discovers the "Wall of Weird" and laments being the "little girl from the meteor tragedy" her whole life. Clark ham-handedly tries to convey his feelings for her and the two soon depart. News fo the recent murder prompts our investigative reporter to jump on the case and discover a connection with the contemporary murder and that of the elderly murderer (use of piano wire to strangle the victim). Speculation runs riot.
Lex pays a visit to Cassandra in hopes of discovering the truth about his curious friend Clark. An attempt to glean some information by showing Clark the car from which he was rescued and pointing out that experts agree that the roof could not have been torn open by the crash ends unsucessfully. Cassandra points out that she can only tell his future, not that of others he may be involved with and cannot promise any insight. Lex departs, insisting that he is the master of his own destiny and does not need her services in that regard.
Clark returns to Cassandra for more insights into his future and the mystery of the death of someone close. This time he shares her vision of himself standing amid the tombstones of his parents and all of his friends. She is rather taken aback by the fact that he is the first to ever see what she sees. Naturally he is more obsessed than ever, and later is treated to more visions of a woman in peril. Cassandra suggests that his destiny is to help others. Further investigation of the missing elderly man reveal newspaper clippings from years gone by to the present, obsessivly tracking the lives of the relatives of his enemies and the jurors in his murder trial. Clark recognizes the necklace on a picture of the coffee shop wiatress and rushes off to help her, but further investigation reveals that (again, no surprise here) Pa Kent's dad was one of the jurors.
Clark arrives after the waitress has attempted to get the young guy (who has been playing the shops piano incessently) to leave as she is closing. He plys his oily charms as he slowly reveals that she must die for the crimes (against him) of her grandfather. Clark rushes in to save the day but the murderer escapes with his hostage, only to throw her under an onrushing truck (Clark jumping down to cover her and save the day). Clark then persues the boy and is almost stabbed (the knife shatters into a hundred pieces) and he throws him onto a car, knocking him cold. Later when the police arrive to pick up the criminal, restrained and recovering in the hospital, they find instead the missing old man, who is released back to the home. Naturally he makes for the koi pond for more youth.
Clark finds out about the Pa Kent connection about the time that the again youthful murderer arrives to threaten Ma Kent, though she does a great job of fending him off and elluding him, ultimatly attempting to bury him, "Witness"-style under the contents of the corn silo. Unfortunatly she is pulled in too. Clark and dad arrive on the scene about the same time and using his new X-ray vision, Clark discovers Ma and pulls her free of the corn so Pa can revive her. Meanwhile a youthful hand jutting up from the corn pile begins to rapidly age and wither.
Finally, Lex returns to Cassandra, having decided to take her up on her offer to divine his future, mostly in hopes of seeing if Clark has any involvement. Her vision portends much as we first see the U.S. Presidential Seal and Lex, decked out in a white suit wandering through the Oval Office. The vision changes to a field of sunflowers which wither at Lex's touch and reveal piles of human skeletons under a boiling red sky that rains blood. (A nice touch was the fact that Luthor wears a black glove on his right hand, but not his left, for those who know more recent comic history). Lex impatiently demands to know what Cassandra sees, but finds that, perhaps overwhelmed by the vision, she has passed away. Lex, terrified, calls for help as he departs the room and Clark arrives just behind the nurse who pronounces her dead, effectively fufilling the portended death of someone close to Clark.

Tycho
11-23-2001, 12:53 PM
Wow! That was an awesome synopsis and you tell it well!

THANK YOU!

JediCole!

Anyone else get as hooked on this show as I am?

I go down to my comics shop every Wednesday for (big surprise) the newest Star Wars comic books. They have SMALLVILLE taped and are always watching it in the store on Wednesday (so I finally did get to see this episode). But since I first saw Smallville, I've got hooked! The cast is perfect (LANA LANG! -whoa! and Cloe's super cute, too! Lex and Clark are perfect, and the Kent's are cast excellently as well. I know Mrs. Kent once played Lana years ago. And gotta love them Duke boys ; ) Anyway, everyone wants to see Clark finally win Lana's heart (well I think he's done that - they just haven't gotten together because of Whitley) but you also cant' help but wonder if Lex is redeemable - afterall they're friends in this show (well, maybe not after Next Week's preview...but you gotta wonder...)

Anyway, to anyone reading this thread that does not watch the show: try it out and post it here when you've got an opinion. I bet you're not disappointed in this show. (and I once swore I was only into Star Trek and Star Wars now... but Batman, Spiderman, Superman ...they're all regenerating interest for me, like when I was a kid! It's so cool to be young again!)

But JediCole, thanks again for posting here. After Thanksgiving Day's re-runs of the first premier and 'Bug Boy,' I've now seen every show to date. They've all been good! I hope the show can sustain itself for 4 or 5 years as I heard they planned, while Clark's in high school, and ending with him deciding to make the Super-Suit. Because of this show I was tempted to go out and rent Superman 1 and 3. All the Superman 2's were checked out of Blockbuster, so I'm going to try another store. So I've only watched the first movie, thus far (I saw them all when I was a kid but can't remember everything) So far, Smallville has followed the movie, and (though I can't say for sure) the legend as told in comic books. It did seem in the movie, that the adult Superman and Lex Luthor knew each other, though Reeve and Gene Hackman didn't play up the role. The only differences I really saw were that the Kent's are a little younger in Smallville, and I'm not sure if Mr. Kent is supposed to die at the end of the show. I hope not. John Schneider is perfect in that role!

I hope that after 5 years, they'll remake the Superman movies for the big screen and keep the cast of Smallville!

JediCole
11-24-2001, 10:40 PM
Tycho,
I'm glad you enjoyed that synopsis. I started writing it a day earlier at work but ran out of time. I rewrote it from memory, realizing that I had many more elments out of order in the first draft than in this one.

As for Lex and Clark/Supeman's past in the comics, that is a tricky thing. At some point in the Superman mythos, when the Superboy stories began, Lex and Clark/Superboy knew each other in (yes) Smallville. As the story goes, Lex was cooking up something in the lab when a fire broke out. Superboy arrived on the scene to save the day, but in using his "super-breath" to put out the fire, he inatvertantly blew a mix of chemicals onto his friend, rendering him bald. This was the high-camp origin of the Superman/Lex Luthor rivalry. Over the years that kind of fell into the background and when John Byrne re-invented Superman, they met much later in life (since there was no Superboy in that version). Smallville seems to be doing a great job of combining the full spectrum of events from Supes' over half-century existance.
I was not previously aware that WB intended to run the series for five years. I certainly hope that it works out, it is a great series. Perhaps as the series progresses, Lana will fade out of the picture as an older Clark discovers Lois Lane (and persues his L.L. initial fetish - Superman was also romanticly linked with the mermaid Lori Lemaris). As for the future of the Man of Steel on film, it appears that Superman is slated to appear next in "World's Finest", teaming up with George Cloony as Batman. Personally I am seriously pumped about that prospect! I had read rumors that John Travolta had been approached about playing Superman, and I'm not sure what to think about that possibility. But for my money, in costume, George Cloony looks more like Batman than Batman! And if I were casting World's Finest, I would have Jack Nicholson reprise his role as the Joker (something I've heard he wishes to do) and would cast Christopher Walken as Lex Luthor. In the context of a team-up scenario, I think Walken's monotone, dead-pan portrayal would be a perfect counterpoint to Nicholson's over-the-top Joker. Wishful thinking I know...

Tycho
11-25-2001, 12:38 PM
Hey, great discussion here!

JediCole:

1) I hope the rumor I heard about a 4-5 year run for the series is true. Comic book shop rumors...you know.

2) I like Clark getting together with Lana. Superman 3 was a great source of satisfaction for me, as she loved Clark for who he was, an ordinary man with extraordinary compassion. Lois seems to take Clark for granted and her ego helps her think she deserves Superman. I never watched Lois And Clark, but now I'm going to seek out the re-runs (can't call Columbia House until I decide if it's that good. Besides, they already have me for a fortune getting Voyager and Deep Space Nine).

3) A "World's Finest" movie, or cartoon with George Clooney's voice, etc? I heard that in the Superfriends cartoon show, paranoid Batman always kept a little rock of kryptonite around, as he never completely trusted anyone. I don't think he and Superman should initially get along.

4) I also think that Michael Keaton was the best Batman. Val Kilmer wasn't old enough to play Bruce Wayne next to Chris O'Donnel's Robin in that movie. (O'Donnel by the way, is the perfect Robin, and a Nightwing movie with him, and a cameo by Batman, would be awesome). Goerge Clooney's Bruce Wayne was good though. Softer than Keaton's Batman - that's the distinguishment, but then again, Keaton flew solo, and Clooney dealt with a whole nest full of 'bat-brats.' He should finger-print code that car to keep Robin out of it, LOL. Yes, Jack Nicholson was perfect as the Joker, but Christopher Walken already played Mr. Shrek, didn't he? I don't think he should play 2 characters in Batman. Lex Luthor would be hard to cast. I'm thinking the guy who plays the Admiral in TopGun, and Mr. Strickland in Back to the Future? Was he the same guy as The Deacon in Waterworld? His name slips my mind, but not his characters. The other choice would be Michael Myers (Dr. Evil?) - but have him play the role seriously and change his voice. He'd make a good Lex Luthor - better than Christopher Walken I think. And bring back Michelle Pheiffer as Catwoman. She was terrific (Batman 2 was my favorite).

JediCole
11-28-2001, 02:48 PM
Tycho,
You make some good points. I never watched much of Lois & Clark, though I've heard it was pretty good. Deacon in Waterworld was played by the irrepressibly intense Dennis Hopper, not the actor (who's name escapes me too), who played Mr. Strickland. You slacker!
You might be interested or angered to know that the role of Superman in World's Finest was allegedly being dangled in front of John Travolta. Personally I can't get my head around that in the way I could not get my head around Michael Keaton as Batman way back when, though after the film was finally released (about two years after the first Keaton rumors), I found that he wore the role more comfortably than the Bat-suit. He really grew on me in that role and I was pleased to see his return in the sequel. My thoughts on George Cloony have already been expressed, but I think that he suffered in that role due to the lackluster script, the unwieldy cast, and the terrible direction at the hands of Bat-film destroyer Joel Shoemacher.
Needless to say, the official word seems to be that World's Finest will be the next Batman movie (though technically a Batman/Superman movie. Perhaps this is Warner's way of bolstering interest in both characters/properties after abyssmal last outings for both. This is especially important in light of the fact that the world of special effects has finally caught up with the super-hero genre. Just look at the spate of films on the horizon based on Marvel properties and you can see why Warner/DC wants to get in on that action. On the strength of X-Men, by 2004 we will have seen (according to projections), Spider-Man, X-Men II, The Incredible Hulk (directed by Ang Lee), Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Blade II, Iron Man, Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four, Namor the Submariner, and Shang-Chi Master of Kung-Fu (my personal all-time favorite Marvel comic, but that is another thread). I may have forgotten a few of the movies in the Marvel line-up from various studios, but suffice it to say that with at least 11 Marvel-based films on the horizon, DC had best get off of its television laurels and get back onto the big screen. I had read somewhere that Green Lantern had been optioned, and with today's CGI technology, that is probably a good bet, done right. And as I've complained in another thread I started, Watchmen is already in early preproduction and will probably turn its back completely on the source material.
But with JLA (Cartoon Network) and Smallville (WB), the line-up of super-hero films from the house of Marvel, and World's Finest on the way, I think we will see a golden age of super-heroes on the silver screen.

Tycho
11-28-2001, 03:10 PM
I will be seeing (and am strongly interested in):

Spiderman
X-men II
The Incredible Hulk
Blade II
The Fantastic Four [I have a plan to cast this with all-females)

and though I don't know anything about The Silver Surfer, if it was worth starting a fight over on a nuclear submarine (Crimson Tide), then I should probably investigate.

Finally, my casting call for The Fantastic Four:

Stretch: Jennifer Love Hewitt (wouldn't you love to stretch her into a lot of positions?).

The Invisible Woman: Britney Spears - we'd be doing society a favor by making her invisible for a while! (she'll also be a silent charater, too)

The Human Torch - Natalie Portman - seen the Episode II trailers? She's on Fire!

The Hulk - Rosanne, it'd be believable and she'd keep Britney quiet!

And there you have it: The Fantastic Four in the new tradition set by Charlie's Angels (or was it Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? - I forget.)

[by the way, I'm starting a new thread for Smallville's road kill episode]

Magnolia-Fan
11-28-2001, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I never watched Lois And Clark, but now I'm going to seek out the re-runs (can't call Columbia House until I decide if it's that good. Besides, they already have me for a fortune getting Voyager and Deep Space Nine).

3) A "World's Finest" movie, or cartoon with George Clooney's voice, etc?

If you have cable, Lois and Clark airs on TNT. They show the episodes in order too. That's how I was able to record the entire run of the series (took a long time and a lot of video tapes).
I hope you see this post today, because tomorrow they are showing the pilot episode. Here's a link:

http://www.tnt.tv/Title/Display/0,5918,309462~Schedule,00.html

As for World's Finest, I've heard the rumors, but I dont think it will ever see the light of day (just my opinion). Hollywood seems to have a history of shooting down good ideas like that one.

There was, however, a cartoon version that tied in with the animates series'. Here's a link to that:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0790736896/qid=1006986933/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_15_1/104-3983579-0741528

It was fantastic,and I recommend you watch it. However, if you're looking to buy it, try Wal-Mart first, because I saw it there for $10 a while back.

Tycho
11-28-2001, 07:30 PM
Thanks Magnolia!

I'll check out Lois and Clark for sure. I'll post again after I've seen it and tell you what I think...

JediTricks
11-28-2001, 11:17 PM
Lois & Clark was an entertaining show that moved its characters along too quickly. I understand that is the nature of TV, but this show could have survived a few more seasons if they hadn't married the main characters off. The best way to describe L&C was "cute".

As for Supes in a movie, I don't think there's an actor in hollywood who could do that character justice. Maybe Tim Daly from Wings who voiced the character in the '98 cartoon, but he's kinda puny - he'd make a great Clark Kent though. But other than that, I think any "name" actor would totally ruin the character on screen.

Tycho
11-29-2001, 05:21 AM
JediTricks, did Lois marry Clark in this series?

That ends differently from the movies where you think MAYBE Clark would get together with Lana Lang at last, and they would eventually marry.

Maybe that did happen in the Lois and Clark series? Was Lana Lang ever in an episode? What happened? (thanks)

JediTricks
11-29-2001, 11:12 PM
Yes, they married when ratings started to dip in the 3rd season, though the show was way cooler IMO when Lois knew about Clark's secret but they WEREN'T married until all that soap opera crap came about. Lana was in 1 ep.

The movies were pre-restart in the comics IIRC, so I don't think you can judge what happens there against current Supes lore.

Tycho
11-30-2001, 12:23 AM
Thanks.

Unfortunately I think I missed the first episode of L&C.

The website for TNT did not give accurate times for the show (even when adjusted for PST).

There was some boxing movie with Gene Hackman as a coach on at 5am (and I taped from 5 all the way to 7am just in case).

The paper didn't have listings for TV at 5am. It's a little irregular for viewing time I suppose ; )

I'll let you know if I catch it, though. Really curious to see this show.

Magnolia-Fan
11-30-2001, 05:37 PM
They will be re-airing Part one of the pilot episode on Dec 11 according to their website.

try www.tvguide.com for your local listings.

Magnolia-Fan
11-30-2001, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Lana was in 1 ep.

Really? Do you remember which one? I dont recall her being on L & C.

Tycho
11-30-2001, 06:17 PM
Thanks Magnolia-Fan. It just might be cable in my area that is all screwed up on timing, versus TNT's website.

I'll get a TV guide. I don't usually as I only watch Enterprise and Smallville. - and the news.

JediTricks
11-30-2001, 11:55 PM
Tycho, L&C is on TNT at 8am to 9am our time. Check www.gist.com for free, accurate TV listings in your area (I love this thing, it's even better than tvguide.com!).

As for the TNT website, they've always sucked. Watching season 5 of Babylon 5 was like having my teeth pulled, but using their website to HELP me watch the show was like having my teeth pulled out the BACK of my head.

Mag-fan, Lana was in the ep "Tempus, Anyone?", though it WAS techincally an alternate universe Lana.

Magnolia-Fan
12-01-2001, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
I'll get a TV guide

Just go to www.tvguide.com

Then go to "tv listings", enter your zip code and cable company, and you should be able to seee your local listings.

Magnolia-Fan
12-01-2001, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Check www.gist.com for free, accurate TV listings in your area (I love this thing, it's even better than tvguide.com!).

I'll have to try that one out too.

Thanks for the Lana info also. I must have blocked that one out of my memory as I never was a big fan of Tempus.

Sith Worm
12-04-2001, 09:37 PM
Got a few comments slash questions, Does anyone think it's A bit funny that alot of teenagers in Smallville die or end up missing? Does no one find it odd that Clark always saves everyone shouldn't he be mayor by now? And that if Cole's great eye caught the fact that Lex was wearing one glove on the hand that fell off because of the kryptionte ring he once wore, in the vison the old lady saw, then why does Miss. Lang have A head considering that she always wears that nifty little neclace? Don't get me wrong I love the show just some smart a** questions that need justifing I know that Cole will be up for the challange...

JediCole
12-05-2001, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Sith Worm
And that if Cole's great eye caught the fact that Lex was wearing one glove on the hand that fell off because of the kryptionte ring he once wore, in the vison the old lady saw, then why does Miss. Lang have A head considering that she always wears that nifty little neclace? Don't get me wrong I love the show just some smart a** questions that need justifing I know that Cole will be up for the challange...

Ah SithWorm, my young apprentice!
You must really try to be more challenging. You see, in the "Smallville Universe" remaking of the Superman mythos, the vision of Lex that Cassandra saw was a surreal vision of his future, complete with his nifty Luke Skywalker replacement hand/glove set. What you fail to realize is that this is a vision of the TELEVISION Luthor, not the comic book one. You see, our TV Lex does go on to fashion a ring from Kryptonite, after discovering his old chum's true powers and weaknesses. But you see, Lex does not do things half way. In league with his newfound business partner, the minerologist, he creates a kind of concentrated "K" that packs more punch per cubic inch than its "fresh from the meteor" counterparts. This ALTERED form of Kryptonite is so concentrated, it serves to rot Lexie's hand from within, causing his unique fashion choice...

For those of you just tuning in, the above are not spoilers, but clever speculation used to maintain my reputation as a King of Justification. I thank you!

Tycho
12-05-2001, 03:39 AM
Well, tonight was a re-run with The Coach. A great episode, but since it's old already and we have our Smallville reunion class meeting here, I thought I'd ask:

do we want to keep this thread, or start a new thread for each week's newest episode?

And to Sith Worm, Cloe is on to something with her Smallville Wall of Wierd. She's figuring it out just as Clark and everyone else is. They all can't be as bright as Lex and the meteor man....;)

JediTricks
12-06-2001, 02:53 AM
Keep the thread as-is.

Magnolia-Fan
12-11-2001, 12:21 AM
There will be a new episode on tomorrow.
It's the only new episode this month so be sure to watch it.

Here's a brief plot synopsis from www.kryptonsite.com :

Earl Jenkins, an old friend of the Kents, comes to Smallville seeking help. Earl was a farm hand on the Kents' farm for several years before taking a job as a janitor at LuthorCorp in Metropolis. While there he came across an experiment where corn was sprayed with a fertilizer that, when mice would eat the corn, they'd get shaky and jittery. Now Earl has this affliction and he wants to get to a possibly-fictional "Level Three" of Luthor's fertilizer plant to find a cure for his "jitters."

Sounds like we may be free of the Kryptonite-mutant this week.

Tycho
12-11-2001, 12:42 AM
Hmmm. Will this pit Clark against Lex? Or will Lex help out from the kindness in his heart (as this is really his father's problem, isn't it?)

I'll know in 24 hours. Before then: what do you guys think?

If Lex and Clark do work together, it will be something Lex uses against his father as an ulterior purpose.

If he chooses to protect the corporation and finds Clark was involved in this thing - or Jonathon Kent (who will probably make it his holy crusade), Lex may begin to look disfavorably on all the Kents.

Magnolia-Fan
12-11-2001, 10:51 PM
Hmmm. Seems we're not done with the Kryptonite mutants just yet.

Still, it was an enjoyable episode. I got quite a laugh (okay, just a snicker) when Clark was forced to look like a coward in front of Lana.

Trivia: The Superman Logo was in the PILOT episode. Did anyone else spot it?

btw: Does anybody know where I can get a copy of the UNAIRED version of the pilot. You know, the one that had the other Martha before they fired her and hired Lana Lang to play her?

Jargo
12-31-2001, 10:25 PM
Oh don't want to barge in on a good little gang discussion here but the pilot of Smallville just aired in the UK with the series starting this wednesday at 6pm.

I didn't get to see the beginning as I forgot it was on and only found it by channel hopping. WOW! this show is cool. Where do I know the guy who plays Lex from? So familiar yet......
The effects are just great especially the view of Supes in real time and the rest of the world in slo-mo. Much better than seeing him wizz everywhere. I know they still have him wizzing from time to time but at least there's some variation in the effects unlike other TV incarnations.
I agree the casting seems pretty spot on and there seems to be a real love in what they're doing with Supes. All the actors seem to have affection for their characters.
I can't wait for wednesday now, something decent to look forward to midweek instead of endless Star Trek TNG repeats :p

Tycho
01-17-2002, 02:37 AM
I missed it guys. I don't know anything about the episode.

But I do not mind spoilers. Go for it and let's get all of Superboy's fans back together again.

I know Lana Lang's fans are here!!!

JediTricks
01-17-2002, 11:41 PM
I thought the premise and most of the setup was good, but the payoff was not really up to snuff. For once, the kryptonite had nothing to do with the story, but the final payoff totally tanked IMO and the "corrupt cop" issue was WAY heavy handed, even for this show.

Tycho
01-18-2002, 03:45 PM
Hey Tricks, thanks for some of the update there, Pal.

But by combining this thread, you did the Smallville fans a disservice:

Here's what I mean - the topic reads Who Saw Smallville Last Night? - which is what we'd want the current thread to read. BUT, in my first post I asked for a synopsis the last time I missed an episode, and the Retirement Home Murderer / Pianist with Psychic Woman episode is summarized (although beautifully well).

But we miss talking to all the new Smallville fans who might join us IF they thought this thread was up to date, and not 2 pages of an old debate about the kids' ages, the retirement home episode, and Lex's future or whatever. I'd say

1) let this thread die if discussion is mute

2) let a new thread begin with the 'bad cop episode' kicking it off for as long as the thread will have life.

3) maybe post a note in the older thread (this one) so subscribers that rely on e-mail updates will know to go to the main "Gen Disc." Forum to find the new thread

4) and let new folks join us who would be less put-off to join a more recent events discussion, than a very old one.

I appeal to this example - the Speeders were just shown for E2 toys, right? Well why don't we take that thread and just combine it with the Jedi Starfighter and Slave One threads? After all they are all E2 vehicles, right?

I think that would be a bad move, as would combining our Smallville threads here.

If you so choose to separate them again, please delete this post of mine, as it would no longer serve a purpose.

By the same token, if our other friends who subscribe to this post have an opinion, nows the time to chime in and support this move.

If not, that's fine. I'm ok with us having our exclusively small Smallville club here on SSG. But we won't know a lot about what the rest of the SW fans who watch our show think.

Seems kind of like putting blinders on the X-ray vision if you ask me...

JetsAndHeels
01-18-2002, 04:15 PM
I want to be in the Smallville club too. I love Superman and love the show. Have tuned in every Tues night since the premiere in October. Just cant miss it!!

THE Slayer
01-19-2002, 03:10 PM
OK, I tried to read through all the replies but were any about (except Tycho's) about the latest episode. The one were clark saves the bum on the bench from the bus.... how come th ebum didn't wake up.
I really liked the ep, but hated that part. anyone else?

Tycho
01-19-2002, 10:50 PM
No- they weren't about that episode. That's the one I missed.

Start a new thread Slayer, so folks will get into this with what's current on Smallville. I don't know enough about the episode, but I still tried to do it myself, but I got "Moderated."

You go, because I'm sure you know enough to start a cool new Smallville thread to discuss the latest episodes for 2002.

JediTricks
01-20-2002, 10:06 PM
post 29 in this thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=32027#post32027) was my comment about the ep. I didn't even notice the homeless guy, but maybe he's already dead. ;)