PDA

View Full Version : "...you have just taken your first step into a larger universe."

SWAFMAN
11-21-2001, 04:41 PM
Scientists build tiny computer from DNA (http://in.news.yahoo.com/011121/107/199x5.html)

browndroid
11-22-2001, 01:22 PM
coooooooool.......

stillakid
11-22-2001, 05:15 PM
I've always thought that in the future, we wouldn't use film or tape to record information onto...just some kind of bio-mass memory material.

Instead of our computers crashing, they'll just get hungry and wait to get fed.:crazed:

Starfig873
11-22-2001, 09:07 PM
Instead of our computers crashing, they'll just get hungry and wait to get fed.

Eeegaaaah! Return of the Tamagotchi! :crazed:

GNT
11-23-2001, 12:20 AM
with 99.8 percent accuracy

Ha! 99.8 percent accuracy,please, you think they could do better buts probably asking too much now is it? ;)

Scientists around the globe are now trying to marry computer technology and biology by using nature's own design to process information.

Ah thats so cute :) I must clean my wedding suit :)

Rollo Tomassi
11-23-2001, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
I've always thought that in the future, we wouldn't use film or tape to record information onto...just some kind of bio-mass memory material.

Instead of our computers crashing, they'll just get hungry and wait to get fed.:crazed:

The idea of experiencing Star Wars as an implanted memory where you ARE one of the characters instead of merely watching it on a screen sounds awesome...and dangerous. I can see people hooking up and spending hours, days, weeks, months at a time wired into a Star Wars "game" where everything seems as real as your own senses. You'd forget or be unwilling to wake up and eat or sleep and eventually it would kill you.

Awesome.

stillakid
11-23-2001, 10:14 PM
You'd have to learn to listen to your Midichlorians, young padawan. After all, if the Star Wars characters are human, and we are human, then we too must be infected. So they will save you from certain doom. Bring on the game!:rolleyes:

JediTricks
11-24-2001, 05:32 AM
99.8% accuracy seems like a pretty low percentage when you consider how many numbers your personal computer crunches every MINUTE. But it still seems pretty cool. However, I don't want to trust human biofunctions to anything loaded with windows. ;) "Help, my bowel-controlling microcomputer just performed an illegal operation and I need some Depends undergarments STAT!!!"