PDA

View Full Version : PICS of New Figures!!!!!!

Battle Droid
07-16-2003, 09:32 PM
Bail Organa, Padme (Lars' Homestead), and Imperial Dignitary Janus Greejatus.

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2003/07/news20030716.html

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.948/dn/default.cfm

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Many thanks to ya BD!! That Padme figure looks pretty decent and FINALLY, a Jimmy Smits action figure!! I mean, i was just WAITING for McFarlane to do a NYPD Blue line w/ a special Smits/Dennis Franz two-pack. Oh, the glory that would've been that line!! hehehehehehehehe

Thanks though! :D

TheDarthVader
07-16-2003, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the link! All of the figures, except concept stormie, look awesome. I will have to pick up TWO imperial dignitaries. I have wanted this figure forever!! ;)

jjreason
07-16-2003, 09:38 PM
I think they both look great.

droidekas2
07-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Yeah!
These 3 look great!!
Love the Imperial Dignitary. Can't wait to see what the other one will be.
The inclusion of the bases/stands is a wonderful plus.

Beast
07-16-2003, 09:55 PM
The rest of the year is looking fantastic. Even the craptaculer SketchTrooper looks a bit better in these shots. Those rumor lists from way earlier in the year panned out. Nice to finally get the Bail, Padme, and Janus. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
07-16-2003, 10:11 PM
Nice to see a preview of the real winner of Fan Choice 4 Janus Greejatus. He looks awesome!!!

Padme, also looks delightful. Glad to see Hasbro chose to make this version of her.

I like the holo assessory that comes with Bail. Nice pics all around.

tagmac
07-16-2003, 10:23 PM
Nice to see a couple waves of some NEW figures for a change.

The sculpts are great, too. Let's hope the production is a little better on these.

Beast
07-16-2003, 10:33 PM
And hopefully Hasbro will reveal Sim Aloo (Dignitary II) as well this weekend. Unless they are holding him back to reveal at the next con. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I am Jabba the Hutt
07-16-2003, 10:52 PM
Nice figures.. this is what the saga line should have been. Now lets see another Anakin Skywalker figure, done properly!

Banthaholic
07-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Does any one have a movie pic of the Imp Dignitaries at hand. I went to the official SW site, and didn't find them in the database.
I'd like to look at one for reference.

Battle Droid
07-16-2003, 11:02 PM
I wish a Holo Destroyer Droid came with Organa also.

LTBasker
07-16-2003, 11:21 PM
CW Mace - Crappy looking, even worse than wind-up Mace! The likeness is fully off and sucks incredibly, he looks like he's been in a steam booth for a decade.

Bail - Great figure, very nice detail and finally a pleasing mini holo figure with a nice stand!

Dignitary - Great figure as well, the stand I hope gets circulated throughout Imperial figures well as they would look great making up a large DS hangar floor for Troopers.

Padme - Useless figure but nice accuracy in the details. Her joints are really disappointing but since she'll just stand there off to the side the cloak can cover her, unless you're one who would drool over even the slightest appearance of her nude stomach of course. :rolleyes:

Sketch Trooper - Still a very disappointing piece of... well I'd rather not call it work as it looks like it was just boringly tossed together.

JC Screen scene #2 - Still excellent looking although Yaddle's chair is wrong. Perhaps Hasbro finally had a thought and used Depa's chair so people could customize her to seat and use a spare JC Yoda's chair for Yaddle.

Kidhuman
07-16-2003, 11:25 PM
Whats the deal with the E.T. mace windu. I thought they were done with action features? They all look really good except the Mace. He looks like Yareel Poof got hold of him.

BoShek
07-16-2003, 11:40 PM
Too bad I'll never see them in a store! :mad:

Banthaholic
07-17-2003, 12:13 AM
I'm not too keen on the new Mace. He looks like a muppet.

jedihunter25
07-17-2003, 01:09 AM
And hopefully Hasbro will reveal Sim Aloo (Dignitary II) as well this weekend. Unless they are holding him back to reveal at the next con. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
I hope so, that would be cool!!! It wouldn't look right having two Dignitarys that is the same fig standing next to each other. Infact, in my Star Wars Action Figure Archive book it shows a picture of 5 Dignitarys- but I don't remember if all five got screen time (it also shows a pic of a Royal Guard zapping an officer). But if 5 is the case, a cinema scene with the rest would be great, but that sounds too much like a dream for now. O'well, I'm just glad that we finally got our long awaited Dignitary. :happy:

Imperialist_14
07-17-2003, 01:29 AM
Overall great new figures - Concept Stormie excluded!!!

I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the Bail Organa Figure - much better than I expected. :)

I like the new Padme, but IMHO the head sculpt for Padme Pilot looks a little better than this one!

And I am very excited about getting an Imperial Dignitary. :D

Hopefully we will actually see these at retail some day in a galaxy far, far away!!! ;)

Beast
07-17-2003, 01:40 AM
I hope so, that would be cool!!! It wouldn't look right having two Dignitarys that is the same fig standing next to each other. Infact, in my Star Wars Action Figure Archive book it shows a picture of 5 Dignitarys- but I don't remember if all five got screen time (it also shows a pic of a Royal Guard zapping an officer). But if 5 is the case, a cinema scene with the rest would be great, but that sounds too much like a dream for now. O'well, I'm just glad that we finally got our long awaited Dignitary. :happy:
The one that's on display at SDCC is the second starring Dignitary. While there are five total from on-set photography. Only two are starring ones. This one Janus, and the one that looks like the Vintage Figure, Sim Aloo. He should be the other one released. The other three are not even clearly visable if I recall. And not to mention, I don't want to ever see the one on the far left, aka Condomhead/Teletubbie/Johnathen Winters. :)

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20030602.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedihunter25
07-17-2003, 01:51 AM
The one that's on display at SDCC is the second starring Dignitary. While there are five total from on-set photography. Only two are starring ones. This one, and the one that looks like the Vintage Figure. He should be the other one released. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah, we need the one that looks like the Vintage fig. All the other ones kinda look the the same, while the Vintage one stands out. Plus he looks creepier (darksideish) too.

jedihunter25
07-17-2003, 02:00 AM
The other three are not even clearly visable if I recall. And not to mention, I don't want to ever see the one on the far left, aka Condomhead/Teletubbie/Johnathen Winters. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah, he looks like he should be in Spaceballs. Maybe he was on the wrong set that day- I guess that's what happens when you wear a condom on your head for too long!!! :crazed:

Tycho
07-17-2003, 02:13 AM
I am so most into that Padme figure! Great sculpt! It's the nicest of the set followed closely by our first figure of Bail Organa!

What happened to Sate Pestage amongst the Impreial Digntaries? This guy looks like him.

Hellboy
07-17-2003, 02:56 AM
The Saga figures all look great IMO. I too think the Concept Stormtrooper looks better than the previous pictures but I'm still not sure how I feel about these Clone Wars figures. I haven't seen one yet that I really like and most of the outfits just don't have that Star Wars feel to them. Along with the Saga scene packs it looks like a good fall season for SW collectors.

JEDIpartner
07-17-2003, 10:02 AM
I'm majorly digging all the figures except for the Mace and concept Stormtrooper, which I had hoped would turn out better than it did. I really like the concept design and was expecting more. Apparently, Hasblah boggled it. *sigh* :(

abell748
07-17-2003, 10:24 AM
I think the saga figures (except concept stormie) look sweet. The clone wars figures are crap except for the bald chick with two lightsabers, she looks kinda cool. My only hope is that i will be able to find them when stores expand their star wars supply for christmas (i hope they expand the pitiful excuses for star wars sections, i just now hit figures from this year yesterday, and it's JULY!!!).

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-17-2003, 11:21 AM
Bail is a definate on my list, as well as Padme.

Sentinel18725
07-17-2003, 11:47 AM
This is much better! I'm glad to see that they are finally doing some new figures instead of just doing new sculpts. The repeats, Padme, are worth it. She has had so many outfits and they just seem to pass by them. Look at how many still remain from Episode I. I think she had atotal of 11 outfits and they made, what, 4?

good job guys

DarthBrandon
07-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Here's a few pics of some up coming 12" figures, they include a new Obi-Wan, Jawas, and Long Snoot (Gar)

Why these were picked is beyond me, we have Ben and the Jawas already and what's up with the less than a minute character. They look great but just not my picks for new 12" figures.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-17-2003, 12:05 PM
The new basic figures are awesome! Isn't Obi-Wan a bit small for the Bail scene, but kinda big for the Padmé scene?

sith_killer_99
07-17-2003, 12:12 PM
WOW, just when I thought they couldn't make a worse looking Mace, Hasbro cranks out the new "Pencil-neck" Mace. :rolleyes: Mace must be the only character Hasbro makes worse with each incarnation. IMO, the Preview Mace is the best followed by EP1 Mace and then it's all down hill.

Durge is still too "over the top" for me.

Obi-Wan looks too funny with that bandolier, honestly the Concept Stormtrooper is better than all 3 previously listed!!!

The rest are all OK, I am glad to see we are finally getting our new Imperial Dignitary, but what's with this trend of showing off Padme's bellybutton?
:rolleyes:

TheDarthVader
07-17-2003, 01:13 PM
Those 12" figures look nice. The only "boring" one to me are the Jawas. The Kenobi and Garindan look cool! :] I will probably buy just the Kenobi.
I like the fact that hasbro is showing off Padme's belly! ;)

Tycho
07-17-2003, 01:52 PM
The Clone Wars Obi-Wan is really nice in person!

Durge also looks great up close!

Mace isn't that bad.

Ventress rocks!

JEDIpartner
07-17-2003, 02:28 PM
I'll trust you... only 'cos you've seen the Mace figure up close and personal. Anyhow... the Kenobi 12" rocks. I love the accessory that comes with Bail Organa. That's Suh-weeeeeet! :D

Now... I just need to find that stupid Geonosian detention device in that 4-pack... :mad:

Tycho
07-17-2003, 02:40 PM
Whos' in the 4-pack with the detention device?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-17-2003, 02:53 PM
It was supposed to be Obi-Wan, Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon, and a Nikto. Along with their lightsabers and the ASN-121 Assassin Droid.

Tycho
07-17-2003, 03:08 PM
No wonder I forgot:

1) I have plenty of SaeSee, Plo, and Nikto figures (the Nikto's official name is Sirch Fi-Ek per StarWars.com's official news). I have at least 3 extras of each of the Council Members, and I have an extra Sirch.

2) While I'll need an Obi-Wan figure to go in the thing, the only w.o. robe Obi-Wan I want is one with battle wounds from Dooku: Hanger Duel Obi-Wan. Otherwise more resculpts don't impress me. I do want that containment field do do a scene with Dooku though! Hmmm. Better get to KB and snag those Geonosians for 2 bucks each!

3) What is an ASN-121 Assassin Droid, and if it's cool, why isn't it carded or in an army building pack! (I have my hopes up that it's some kind of battledroid and not one of those floating things...)

Anyway, this set just might be useful. I didn't buy the Imp one. I want to get Hoth, but lose the Chewie, maybe even the astromech, and Leia. Maybe not. I only want Aurra Sing's bike from the bounty hunters..

hango fett
07-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Too bad I'll never see them in a store! :mad:
teh....no kiding...same deal around here...guyute can vouch for me on that...look out kebco! here i come! oh, and they all look deciant..
h

InsaneJediGirl
07-17-2003, 03:36 PM
The ASN-121 is the droid Zam used to try to kill Padme and the one Obi-Wan hung onto on his little joyride through Coruscant.

NiktosRule
07-17-2003, 03:37 PM
Tycho the ASN-121 Assassin Droid is the droid that came with the first Obi-Wan Saga figure. The one that he hangs from in the movie.

JEDIpartner
07-17-2003, 04:23 PM
I couldn't care less about the figures... I just want the detention device!!!! :o

mm74md
07-17-2003, 04:36 PM
These figures look good. Let's just be happy they don't have action features

OC47150
07-17-2003, 04:53 PM
Can't wait till they hit the stores (if they ever do!!)!

Mandalorian Candidat
07-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the pix from ComicCon SirSteve. We appreciate the preview.

The ImpDig doesn't look like how I remember him. I thought he was much more gaunt in the face and looked eastern european.

The WA-7 droid looks really tall and thin. Doesn't look like there's much bulk to her from the ComicCon pic. Hope she comes with a stand or else I don't know how I'll keep her from falling down on the job.

mylow thehutt
07-17-2003, 08:31 PM
:)So there will be more pics,can't wait.