PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Council Scene Pack Questions

BRH0224
07-16-2003, 11:18 PM
Sorry if these have been asked before.

In the 2nd one, does Depa really not come with a chair? The first pack has 3 figures, 3 chairs, and a hologram, and the second one has 3 figures and only 2 chairs and nothing else. Seems a little lopsided. Or will the 3rd one have 4 chairs since spacing might have her stradling the seam?

Will there be a floor filler piece offered later on, or will each set have a triangle to fill out the floor? From what we've seen, if you put the curves together, you'll have a circle of council members but a big hole in the middle. Maybe the middle floor quarter is under the figures in the box.

LTBasker
07-16-2003, 11:45 PM
Actually the first one only has two chairs as well, Evan's left standing about. It's doubtfull we'll get triangle pieces with the sets as we haven't heard anything about it, and we're not even getting lightsabers either.

I think they actually made a bad choice with the second one, Yaddle should've been left standing instead of Depa since you could get an extra JC Yoda and have a chair for her. Depa's a different story though.

Tycho
07-17-2003, 01:06 AM
I saw these sets personally today at Comic Con.

They are really good!

I talked with Brian the guy that designed them, sculpted them, etc.

HE MADE US OUR EPHANT MON!

He said they had to make a certain amount on a return from them, and could therefore put only another set amount into them. Economics dictates what the set could cost them. Depa would have had to be entirely soft-goods because she wears a dress. It is hard for them to make the guys in the orient that produce these match cloth colors exactly (like CommTech Leia's screw up) so they did not want to go that route with Depa. They figured that Yarael Poof and Yaddle would be more popular.

But yes, if you buy like 4 sets of these, it will make a full circle!

I'll answer more questions if I can. - or ask them during the course of this weekend.

JediTricks
07-17-2003, 03:49 AM
Ephant Mon is too big and the wrong color, so I don't consider this guy to be brilliant or anything.

Um... how come the Geonosian War Room sets, when put together, look like 6 guys sharing a big pizza? :D

Tycho
07-17-2003, 04:23 AM
The Separatists are criminals in the Republic, so they are trying to seek advice from the one and only best criminal mastermind in the galaxy: Pizza the Hutt!

Unfortunately, Pizza the Hutt met up with Jedi Master Yogurt, and Yogurt and Pizza didn't go down so well, so Pizza got sliced up and cooked!

But the Separatists are shown here seeing if they can still get some use out of Pizza while he's hot!

OC47150
07-17-2003, 03:39 PM
Any idea what the price is going to be? I'm guessing between $17 (what the compactor scene cost) and $25 (about what the last cinema scene cost).

My one complaint about the old cinema scenes was, they started out $13 or $15 (at least the Death Star scene was in that price range) and steadily increased to $20 or more. Not good business sense.